TX - Maleah Davis, 4, Sugar Land, Media, Maps and Timelines *NO DISCUSSION*

Ivory Hecker FOX 26 on Twitter
The founder of Houston’s Unsolved Homicides has been organizing searches for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis every day since May 6. Recently, they’ve been searching in secrecy because they’re concerned about a mole in the search party. Watch the latest #OnlyOnFox at noon.
D7WLxjbWsAACYRa.jpg

11:45 PM - 24 May 2019

MAY 24, 2019
HPD: Cellphone found by group in west Houston not related to Maleah Davis
A cell phone found by a group of volunteers looking for missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis is not connected to the little girl, Houston police confirmed.

The group of about a half-dozen people searching along Patterson Road located the cellphone around noon Friday, according to Texas EquuSearch founder Tim Miller. The group, which is not affiliated with the search organization, told authorities they believed the phone was related to Maleah's disappearance.

[...]

BREAKING: Police retrieve second cell phone found on Patterson Road in Maleah Davis search. No word on whether it is indeed connected to her disappearance. Watch my exclusive report on ⁦@FOX26Houston⁩.
D7XXZ_1XYAIZiiy.jpg

5:16 PM - 24 May 2019

VIDEO: Volunteers brave heat, humidity to look for Maleah Davis

Last edited:
MAY 24, 2019
Second cell phone found in possible connection to Maleah Davis case
Volunteers looking for Maleah Davis found a second cell phone on Patterson Road in west Houston on Friday, in a wooded area next to Bear Creek Pioneers Park.

Houston police have indicated that a cell phone found in these woods on Friday morning is not connected to the Maleah Davis case. Hours later on the same roadside, a second cell phone has been found in the ditch.

[...]

"He has an iPhone they’re looking for, so if we could find an iPhone, that’d be a plus," said Marsden.

[...]

The cousin of Maleah’s biological father, Tamisha Mendoza, is searching alongside Marsden.

"I’m speaking on my behalf. I will not speak on Craig’s behalf—on nobody else’s behalf. I’m speaking on my behalf, and Maleah is very loved," said Mendoza. "That’s all I can tell you is that she’s a very loved little girl. Everybody—even outside the family; everybody that’s searching—everybody has fallen in love with Maleah."

Earlier today, the group searched an undisclosed location in southwest Houston.

They’re no longer telling the public where their daily searches are after friends of Darion Vence showed up in the search parties.

[...]

For this Saturday, however, he is organizing a large public search for Maleah.

He’s asking 150 people to meet at the coroner of Bissonnet and Kirkwood near Maleah’s home at 10:00 a.m., but only those interested in a serious search should show up.

[...]

MAY 24, 2019
Equusearch: 'Somebody’s going to walk' if clumsy searches for Maleah continues
[...]

Volunteers not affiliated with Texas Equusearch found a cell phone in the Addicks Reservoir and connected it to Davis’ disappearance without proof, then alarmed police. Miller thinks clumsy tips and searches by untrained volunteers who sometimes live stream is dangerous.

“You’re searching, God bless you,” Miller said. “Are you doing this for the right reasons? Or do you just want to put (it) out there so everybody says what a great person you are (because) you’re out there searching (because) your ego is too damn big? This isn’t about ego. It’s about a little girl that’s missing.”

Miller’s team and volunteers train for weeks before assisting with searches, he said. In 20 years, Texas Equusearch recovered the remains of 256 people. Currently, they are involved in three missing persons cases, including Maleah.

With leads drying up, Miller is concerned about what will happen with untrained groups organizing searches for evidence.

“If she’s found, if there’s evidence, we can’t have some inexperienced people that (are) going to contaminate some evidence or somebody’s going to walk on this case,” Miller said.

HPD detectives said their only suspect, Maleah’s stepfather, Derion Vence, was missing for 24 hours. They do not know where he went. It creates a 10-hour driving radius to search for evidence, investigators said. They need better leads to narrow it.

[...]

Video at the link

MAY 24, 2019
Maleah Davis: Small groups of volunteers still searching for missing 4-year-old
[...]

One group called police Friday when they found a cell phone on the side of Patterson near North Eldridge Parkway in west Houston.

Police drove to the scene to retrieve the phone, but they don’t believe it’s connected to the case.

Another group of volunteers from “Houston Unsolved Homicides” were searching a nearby wooded area.

[...]

“If he loves her, he would come and say where she at. If you love someone, you don’t hide the truth, you speak the truth,” said John Marsden with Houston Unsolved Homicides. “He is her stepfather and for him being incarcerated and not speaking, that is wrong. I believe someone helped him.”

[...]

MAY 25, 2019
This week's rundown of the Maleah Davis case, May 19-25
[...]

Thursday
Houston Police Department gives a press conference to update the public on progress in the case. According to HPD, those close to the case have not been cooperating.

Maleah Davis' grandmother asked Chief Art Acevedo to announce that Ronnie and Karen Bias of Lake Charles, Louisiana have pledged an additional $15,000 for a total of $20,000 for information leading to information leading to an arrest and prosecution.

Friday
Volunteers looking for Maleah Davis found a second cell phone on Patterson Road in west Houston on Friday, in a wooded area next to Bear Creek Pioneers Park.

Houston police have indicated that a cell phone found in the woods on Friday morning was not connected to the Maleah Davis case. Hours later on the same roadside, a second cell phone was found in the ditch.

Saturday
No new case developments. We are still waiting to hear if the second cell phone found is connected.

[...]

MAY 27, 2019
Bittersweet video shows Maleah Davis smiling before disappearance
[...]

Maleah's mother shared video of her daughter with ABC13 Eyewitness News.

The video shows nurses wheeling Maleah to her hospital room after undergoing surgery in March.

She cracks a smile while holding a rainbow balloon, and the room erupts in cheers.

[...]

Quanell X confirms he is no longer representing Maleah's mom Brittany Bowens. He is not saying why. #MaleahDavis
7:00 PM - 28 May 2019

Update on missing 4-year-old Maleah Davis on my Facebook... #MaleahDavis http://Facebook.com/ivoryhecker
D7swmJgW4AMXU8_.jpg
D7swmJoXYAEhMUB.jpg

8:58 PM - 28 May 2019

KHOU 11 News Houston on Twitter
VIDEO: What made Quanell X decide he’d no longer represent the mother of Maleah Davis, tonight on #KHOU11 News at 10 http://khou.com
9:41 PM - 28 May 2019

Last edited:
MAY 28, 2019
Ivory Hecker FOX 26
Quanell X confirms he is no longer representing Maleah's mom Brittany Bowens. He is not saying why. #MaleahDavis

I just spoke with Brittany Bowens on the phone. She says...
  • She is the one who parted ways with Quanell.
  • Quanell lied about molestation.
  • She does not believe Maleah was ever molested.
  • He lied about Brittany being in foster care. She was never in foster care.
  • He lied about any abuse period. She says Derion did whoop Maleah just once. She got after him, so he didn’t do it again.
  • She says he lied about being the one who first obtained surveillance video. She said police showed her the surveillance video before she ever met Quanell.
  • She says he hasn’t done anything he said he would do to help her.
  • She says she texted Quanell Friday and said she doesn’t want to be represented by him anymore, but she stopped talking to him on the 21st.
Ivory Hecker FOX 26
Quanell X’s official response to Brittany Bowens’ allegations in my previous post:
  • “Brittany knew about the abuse. She admitted to me in front of best friend.
  • Brittany said that Derion would bathe Maleah without permission and Brittany didn't like that.
  • She admitted that one time, Derion beat her and severely injured Maleah's leg. Brittany told Derion to take Maleah to the hospital, to which Derion replied that he wouldn't and wouldn't be 'taking the fall for this one.'
  • She also lied about how long she was in the apartment for when Derion returned with Maleah. Derion brought Maleah back, arrived at apartment while Brittany was there. She said that when he came back, she mentioned she wasn't there for a long time, but in reality she was there for 1 hour and 20 minutes.
  • My ultimate goal was to find Maleah, but she knowingly and willingly covered up physical abuse at the hands of Derion.
  • One time in the car, I asked her about what happened to Maleah, I asked ‘you think he snapped and did something?’ Brittany said Derion probably punched her in the head, he has done that before.
  • After that, I privately met with the district attorney's office to share this with them and more.
  • I also learned that after Derion was arrested at his brother Joe's house, Brittany was communicating with Derion through Joe, relaying messages to him in jail.

Jen Rice on Twitter
Members of the public are on the agenda this morning at Houston City Council to speak about #MaleahDavis. #htxcouncil
D7vhpOVW0AEyYMu.jpg

9:52 AM - 29 May 2019

City of Houston on Twitter
Mayor Turner today thanked volunteers continuing the search for Maleah Davis. “We encourage people with information to contact police & Crime Stoppers. Maleah is on the minds and hearts of people in the city and the world. No one will stop until she is found.” #JusticeForMaleah
D7vx5-yXkAAjlQS.jpg
D7vx5_AXYAI1X9S.jpg
D7vx5_BW0AQQEAF.jpg
D7vx5_LXYAAVWxd.jpg

11:03 AM - 29 May 2019

LEN CANNON on Twitter
Attorney for Derion Vence, the man charged in the Maleah Davis case withdraws from the case. #khou
4:24 PM - 29 May 2019

Derion Vence's attorney files motion to withdraw as counsel
Thomas H. Burton III filed the motion Wednesday, citing Vence and his family have not paid him and failed to “comply with terms of the employment.”

Derion Vence's attorney files motion to withdraw as counsel
[...]

According to court documents, Vence has failed to comply with terms of the employment agreement with his attorney. Payments have not been made.

If the motion is approved, Vence may be represented by counsel of his choice, and/or by court-appointed counsel.

Last edited:
MAY 29, 2019
Maleah Davis' father claims he was kept from seeing daughter before she went missing
[...]

Craig Davis testified at a CPS hearing Wednesday that Derion Vence would not allow him or his sister to see the 4-year-old on the evening of May 3, claiming she had the flu.

[...]

After being told Maleah was sick, Davis said he and his sister asked if they could just see her sleeping in her room, but Derion wouldn't allow it.

"'I don't want you to get sick also,'" Davis alleges Vence said.

All of this happened the day before Maleah was reported missing to police, on May 4.

Davis also said during the hearing that Bowens asked him to take Maleah to the doctor on the Monday before she disappeared, claiming something was wrong.

Bowens allegedly called him back, saying Vence would take her to the doctor's office instead.

[...]

MAY 29, 2019
Quanell X on Maleah Davis’ mom: 'She knows what happened'
  1. "I don't think she knows where Maleah is, but I do believe she knows what happened," he said.
  2. QX claimed BB told him she communicated with DV.
  3. She also shared details so sensitive, he shared them only with prosecutors.
  4. “(She) said to me when we (were) riding in my car what she believed really happened to Maleah,” he said.
  5. QX told KHOU BB’s sister asked him to help Maleah's mom manage while authorities searched for Maleah. Two days on the job, he saw red flags.
  6. QX claimed BB’s family told him troubling details about Maleah’s care.
  7. “Ain’t no way in hell a parent with common sense would have handled this entire situation the way Brittany handled this entire situation,” QX said.
  8. In private, he said BB behaved differently from the emotional mother seen at press conferences.
  9. “There was not a lot of tears,” he said. “She was always calm, fluid, clear. Now whenever there was a public thing, she would always break down.”
  10. Still, QX hung around to get information he feared police could not, he said.
  11. QX did tell prosecutors about BB’s words, behavior and shared his suspicions, law enforcement sources confirmed. However, authorities are still vetting the information.
  12. “(Bowens) knows the truth,” he said. “She knows eventually she’s going to have to give an answer for that.”

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back