TX - Maria Gonzalez, 11, father found her dead underneath a bed in their apt, strangled, SA & beaten, Pasadena, 12 Aug 2023 *Arrest*

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat:

'My Poor Daughter': Texas Dad Recounts Heartbreak of Finding Girl Dead After Frantically Trying to Reach Her​

Maria Gonzalez, 11, was found dead underneath her own bed last weekend and is believed to have been killed while her father was at work
By
Sean Neumann
Published on August 17, 2023 12:50PM EDT
The father of an 11-year-old girl who was beaten, sexually assaulted and strangled to death inside her family’s home last weekend is mourning his daughter’s death.
“They left her under the bed in a plastic bag,” Carmelo Gonzalez, who was at work at the time of his daughter’s killing, told local Fox 26 News this week. “They left my poor daughter.”
[...]
Police do not currently have a suspect and have asked neighbors to come forward if they saw anything suspicious that morning.
[...]
“She was a sweet little girl,” one neighbor told KHOU11, adding that the community had just gathered to celebrate her 11th birthday earlier this summer. "A little angel."
-----------------------------------------------------
Source:

Just saw this -- please forgive if it's a repeat:

'My Poor Daughter': Texas Dad Recounts Heartbreak of Finding Girl Dead After Frantically Trying to Reach Her​

Maria Gonzalez, 11, was found dead underneath her own bed last weekend and is believed to have been killed while her father was at work
By
Sean Neumann
Published on August 17, 2023 12:50PM EDT
The father of an 11-year-old girl who was beaten, sexually assaulted and strangled to death inside her family’s home last weekend is mourning his daughter’s death.
“They left her under the bed in a plastic bag,” Carmelo Gonzalez, who was at work at the time of his daughter’s killing, told local Fox 26 News this week. “They left my poor daughter.”
[...]
Police do not currently have a suspect and have asked neighbors to come forward if they saw anything suspicious that morning.
[...]
“She was a sweet little girl,” one neighbor told KHOU11, adding that the community had just gathered to celebrate her 11th birthday earlier this summer. "A little angel."
-----------------------------------------------------
Source:
Just making these random remarks as my own thoughts arise; they’re addressed to no one in particular:
The Dad has been completely cleared by law enforcement.
He had to work that day and I feel so sorry for him.
I can only imagine his pain. He needs at least justice, though it can never fully compensate for what happened.

Moo..I thought it would be someone from their home country.....very sad you cannot trust your own people :(

I’m so glad they have a strong suspect and I think he will be found soon but wow this is an awful case that I wish I’d never read about. The world can be so evil.
I feel the same. Crimes involving brutal assault and murder of children are particularly difficult to process.

I hope this is their man, and that arrest and conviction come swiftly.

<snip>

Police said all the apartment complex employees, including the maintenance staff, have fully cooperated with their investigation and at this point do not appear to be involved.

Investigators also said while they were processing the crime scene, a single key was located inside the apartment and collected as evidence. The key was processed by their crime scene investigators and was not found to open any doors at the victim's residence.

Wonder if that key fits in Juan Carlos's door?

[OOPs---I was way behind on the thread when I posted this...]

Last edited:
Yay! They got him! He was in Shreveport, Louisiana...sigh of relief!

I wonder why LE zeroed in on some people in the apartment complex for DNA testing. Do they have tips about one or more individuals or descriptions from potential witnesses or CCTV? It is not uncommon for some immigrants to be afraid to cooperate with LE due to compromised status or general distrust of LE, usually stemming from LE tactics in their native lands, so that does not surprise me. However, I don’t believe that LE would do a blanket DNA swab of individuals who lived in the complex at this point in the investigation.
They would if this was a sexual assault and they have a DNA profile? I don’t imagine they are sharing many details at this point.

Yay! They got him! He was in Shreveport, Louisiana...sigh of relief!

Best news I’ve heard all week!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ms.Priss74
Back