Found Deceased TX - Matthew Meinert, 38, Denton County, 6 March 2017

U.S. Secret Service is involved?

The Secret Service assisted with accessing data on Matthew Meinert’s cellphone that might identify the boat’s route.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article136872888.html

Law Enforcement agencies sometimes assist each other by sharing technology that other agencies might not otherwise have access to. Doesn't necessarily mean that the Feds have stake in the case. I get this info from my hubby who is in law enforcement in Texas.

The DWI on Feb. 10 is listed as his second DWI in Texas, which is still a misdemeanor charge. The third is a felony.

I also feel he disappeared on purpose - and what would be the charge for leaving a 2 year old unattended at a lake? I would think that would be felony child endangerment.

12/15/16
DRIVING WHILE LICENSE INVALID
04/19/2017 Pre-Trial Hearing (2:00 PM)

12/15/16
Unrestrained Child Under 8

02/02/17
DRIVING WHILE LICENSE INVALID

02/02/17
NO RESIDENT HUNTING LICENSE (WHEN REQUIRED)

He also had at least one "Failure to appear".

Repeated DUI's could be for alcohol, prescription or illegal drugs. I wonder if there was any court involvement on behalf of the child, if Oliver is the child who he drove with unrestrained and without a license. I wonder if Oliver's mom was ok with Matthew driving and boating with Oliver alone.

child abandonment , endangerment , attempted murder I'm sure they would stick it to him! if that's the case especially in Denton co.

He was driving with an invalid license on January 26th, 2017.

Does he even have a valid driver's license?

IMOO.

The DWI on Feb. 10 is listed as his second DWI in Texas, which is still a misdemeanor charge. The third is a felony.

I also feel he disappeared on purpose - and what would be the charge for leaving a 2 year old unattended at a lake? I would think that would be felony child endangerment.

That's why I'm wondering if there are other cases pending elsewhere. These charges alone don't seem enough to me to cause a Dad to go to this much trouble to disappear, even involving endangering Oliver and putting that baby through the trauma of being left alone in a dark cold scary dangerous place, whether overnight or even for a short time before the searchers saw him. Why not just leave the baby out of it? Even if he didn't care about how horrible it would be for the baby, why add child engangerment to the list of what he would be wanted for, ( or could have been manslaughter if the boy had run into a coyote or drowned)?

This little boy is very lucky to be alive. IF he was deliberately left at the lake, there was quite a high chance he might have not survived. jmo And surely whoever left him there knew this very well ?

That's why I'm wondering if there are other cases pending elsewhere. These charges alone don't seem enough to me to cause a Dad to go to this much trouble to disappear, even involving endangering Oliver and putting that baby through the trauma of being left alone in a dark cold scary dangerous place, whether overnight or even for a short time before the searchers saw him. Why not just leave the baby out of it? Even if he didn't care about how horrible it would be for the baby, why add child engangerment to the list of what h would be wanted for, ( or could have been manslaughter if the boy had run into a coyote or drowned)?

Go Big, or Go Home???

Maybe this was a ruse that seemed like it could be believable, to him??

IMOO.

This little boy is very lucky to be alive. IF he was deliberately left at the lake, there was quite a high chance he might have not survived. jmo And surely whoever left him there knew this very well ?

Maybe he had help? Maybe there wasn't such a risk to the child, but an elaborate ruse to fool others, maybe? Just thoughts....

IMOO.

I'm just so thankful that little Oliver has been found and appears to be doing OK. I hope that MM is found and decides to face the music for what he has done. I personally have zero tolerance for drunk-driving (always avoidable and completely irresponsible, IMO), but maybe he can learn a thing or two from this "incident" and use it as an opportunity to turn his life around (obviously, I am of the opinion that MM ran away perhaps to avoid jail time).

The dad/baby selfie taken from the creek and sent to the mom, the fact that the cell phone was right in the boat with no passcode to make the missing passengers quickly identifiable, the life jackets sitting in the boat to indicate the dad not wearing one, the baby found right at the start of the morning search and very near the boat... it all seems so convenient.

I'm just so thankful that little Oliver has been found and appears to be doing OK. I hope that MM is found and decides to face the music for what he has done. I personally have zero tolerance for drunk-driving (always avoidable and completely irresponsible, IMO), but maybe he can learn a thing or two from this "incident" and use it as an opportunity to turn his life around (obviously, I am of the opinion that MM ran away perhaps to avoid jail time).

I'm glad Oliver has been found and seems to be okay, too.

This incident reminds me of a boating accident that took place in the 1970's in Wisconsin (where I am from). I occasionally got together with a coworker and her husband. She then quit her job, and we didn't stay in touch. Within several months, his boat was found abandoned in one of our local rivers. No body was ever found. The river did not have a fast-moving current, and wasn't prone to flooding. Very strange.

I'm thinking this incident was staged. Just MVHO.

My hubby would have had to tie me up and gag me to get out of the house for that kind of outing with one of my babies. Two year olds get away from you as fast as lightning, even in a grocery store. They are impulsive and top heavy. Very dangerous in a boat on a lake with lots of underwater obstacles and just one adult who cant abruptly let go of the motor and grab him when necessary!

I absolutely second this and my husband would not be in good shape himself if he tried this!!

This whole thing gives me a horrible feeling. If he truly did have some sort of medical emergency and fell out and drowned than I feel very sad for this family.

But...if it's something where this guy planned this and left his 2 year old out alone? I will be so angry. (I am already angry that he apparently put this child in a car without a proper car seat and in a boat without a life jacket.)

U.S. Secret Service is involved?

The Secret Service assisted with accessing data on Matthew Meinert’s cellphone that might identify the boat’s route.

http://www.star-telegram.com/news/state/texas/article136872888.html

The Secret Service sometimes assists other agencies. They have expertise in digital forensics and offer investigational support.

They have knowledge to "extract potential evidence from mobile devices to include cellular phones, skimming devices and GPS units"

https://www.secretservice.gov/investigation/

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back