GUILTY TX - Megan Getrum, 36, murdered, Plano, 18 April 2017 *Arrest*

To sum it all up, no I have never felt unsafe there at night because of anyone else. It can be eery because the wind blows pretty hard through there when you are on the main trail sometimes, and it is a creepy feeling. Maybe because I'm a weenie from the city. But I have never felt threatened there. I would find it hard for someone to sneak up on you there, in my opinion. Even in the dark. But maybe if she was on her phone she was distracted?

Thanks for the great info. If someone grabbed her at the park she probably would have fought and screamed and it sounds like it'd be hard for someone not to notice that. Your info about the park adds to the mystery.

On another note, I saw a FB post from someone who works at Masergy who described Megan as a "co-worker". So it sounds like she still worked there.

Also, another thing people may not realize is that we are VERY close to Lake Lewisville. It's literally less than 10 minutes to get to the water from Arbor Hills if you know where to go. If she was going to hurt herself, or even if someone did this to her, why would you take her 40 minutes away, on the the George Bush Tollway where there are toll cameras?
attachment.php

And as for her clothing, it's likely that they have some sort of video footage of her, or someone close to her was able to identify it. Because they were able to find the specific picture of those items. Maybe it was just an oversight that they didn't report what pants she was wearing, or maybe they were not found. I don't know.

Lord help me, I get way too worked up over this stuff. As long as I have lived here, things like this don't happen here. Which is why it just baffles me that something like this DID happen. I feel so sorry for her and her family, it hits close to home when it is literally in your neighbor hood in a place where you practically grew up. To think something bad could happen there is like finding out Santa isn't real. The whole preserve is just dark and scary now. But I have faith in Plano PD, they are some of the best in the country!

Attachments

• 2017-04-21 14_27_37-Arbor Hills Trails to 4399 Lakeside Dr, The Colony, TX 75056 - Google Maps.png
    2017-04-21 14_27_37-Arbor Hills Trails to 4399 Lakeside Dr, The Colony, TX 75056 - Google Maps.png
    247.1 KB · Views: 513
Lord help me, I get way too worked up over this stuff. As long as I have lived here, things like this don't happen here. Which is why it just baffles me that something like this DID happen. I feel so sorry for her and her family, it hits close to home when it is literally in your neighbor hood in a place where you practically grew up. To think something bad could happen there is like finding out Santa isn't real. The whole preserve is just dark and scary now. But I have faith in Plano PD, they are some of the best in the country![/QUOTE]

BBM- WAIT??!! WHAT?? He isn't ?? :(:(:eek: LOL

On a more serious note-- I am really puzzled over this one.. Trying to figure out
1. How she got there
2. Why she went there
3. What the heck happened there?

It is not making an sense and I hope we get an update soon for LE with some more clues.

Thank you to the Locals for your input..it helps me to visualize the area and the feeling of the environment there.

Welcome to WS Muhgoo !
I concur I bet the park was still pretty busy at that hour .
And even after curfew people coming in and out .

I'm not worried about an epidemic here with Morris since EA is in prison . Plus neither one of them were "from " Plano . Just happened to be at the shops . I can see where it would look that way to outsiders though .

Good to mention how " transient" it is with all the new apartments and out of staters moving in .
I'm wondering if someone noticed her routine , walking alone ect .. since she was a regular .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

http://www.wbap.com/2017/04/21/plano-police-seeking-publics-help-in-local-womans-death/

Newer article that I found. I hadn't seen any info about her being seen at Lake Ray Hubbard that night.

EDIT:The article is kind of short, and I'm wondering if this is just a case of poor reporting. The reporter mixing up the nature preserve and Lake Ray Hubbard.

WBAP? That's a talk show radio station. I haven't seen any other reports of her being seen at Ray Hubbard that night. I wonder if it's true?

WBAP? That's a talk show radio station. I haven't seen any other reports of her being seen at Ray Hubbard that night. I wonder if it's true?

I don't think WBAP is reporting that she was seen alive at LRH.

Welcome to WS. 🖐️

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I don't think WBAP is reporting that she was seen alive at LRH.

Welcome to WS. 🖐️

I wonder what they meant by shore then. Not really shores in arbor hills. There's a pond but you can't really walk along it. Hm. I wish they would just release more info!

And hi!

To sum it all up, no I have never felt unsafe there at night because of anyone else. It can be eery because the wind blows pretty hard through there when you are on the main trail sometimes, and it is a creepy feeling. Maybe because I'm a weenie from the city. But I have never felt threatened there. I would find it hard for someone to sneak up on you there, in my opinion. Even in the dark. But maybe if she was on her phone she was distracted?

Agree...I lived near Parker and Independence and I have never felt unsafe in west Plano. period.

Agree...I lived near Parker and Independence and I have never felt unsafe in west Plano. period.

I lived at the Shops when Christina Morris went missing. That is the only time I felt unsafe, which was shocking then but it did become clear it was someone she knew. I'm on the north side of Arbor Hills at Austin Ranch and can't believe this has happened. This seems different considering the info we have. How in the world did Megan get to LRH without a car or her purse and why?

I lived at the Shops when Christina Morris went missing. That is the only time I felt unsafe, which was shocking then but it did become clear it was someone she knew. I'm on the north side of Arbor Hills at Austin Ranch and can't believe this has happened. This seems different considering the info we have. How in the world did Megan get to LRH without a car or her purse and why?

Although I no longer live there I still have several family members there. I visit often and honestly I'd still feel safe walking after midnight anywhere in West Plano.

The crime rate in Plano is also still to this day pretty low if I'm remembering the article in money magazine correctly.

I can't help but fall back on the fact that most missing persons are taken by someone they know and if this is the case here? Did she encounter either in person or via phone some acquaintance and then leave with them?

I haven't seen mention of FB or instagram account. Anyone know if she had a significant other? I think the neighbors mentioned her with her cat. If they'd seen her with a boy or girl friend they probably would've mentioned that to the reporter.

I've seen nothing about a significant other, and I've been scouring social media since the news hit. She seems to have a tight nit group of friends and is close to her family. Co-workers appear to have been fond of her.

I can't help but fall back on the fact that most missing persons are taken by someone they know and if this is the case here? Did she encounter either in person or via phone some acquaintance and then leave with them?

The cause of death from the ME report is going to help with this. .

The clothes that PPD stated she was wearing are cycling wear. For a hard core cyclist a 30 mile ride is not unreasonable, but it is on a Sunday night, after dark, across the city.

So where is her bike?

Was she wearing biking gear but not biking?

I hope LE is pulling every traffic cam between Arbor Hills and LRH.

The clothes that PPD stated she was wearing are cycling wear. For a hard core cyclist a 30 mile ride is not unreasonable, but it is on a Sunday night, after dark, across the city.

So where is her bike?

She wasn't on her bike. She was walking.

In Christina's case felt all along suspect was known to her . So wasn't that concerned . In Megan case I don't get that feeling.

So where is her bike?

Also, it was a Friday night. It doesn't seem likely that anyone would cycle from Arbor Hills to LRH without being hit by vehicles traveling at high speeds because they would have to cross several tollways/highways. I haven't heard that she has a bike, but only that she walks/hikes,

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Zerofoxgiven
Back