TX TX - Mesquite, WhtMale 24-26, 39UMTX, hit by car, red guitar, moccasin boots, dog?, Jun'77

WARNING!! PM PHOTO
1c5d97876b2a8b819b247cca4fe6d9a5.jpg

I agree this looks like a good possibility

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think that Roger Stenholt is not the UID, reason: the photos of Roger on namus show that his right earlobe is attached, however the PM photo of the UID as shown on porchlight appears to show an unattached right earlobe.

Dustin Driscoll is awesome. They don't have the prints on the uid, the file was mislabeled. So they are contacting the investigating agency and we will hopefully know in the next week or so.
I find Dustin and Lori B. are two of the best reps I've had contact with at NamUs.
This was an excellent find. I wonder how many other files are mislabeled and we just assume because it's an auto rule out just because it reads both the MP and UP have the same identifiers? It bothers me because it seems one or two of the other reps at NamUs will look at the same thing we do and assume they've been ruled out without even checking. Maybe that's unfair for me to say, but sometimes their responses are so quick, it makes me wonder if they've checked. Dustin and Lori are very responsive, and I thank them profusely for their time whenever they get back to me.
Here's hoping this John Doe gets his name back and gets to go home!

Does anyone know if William J. Shields was ruled out? I skimmed through for follow up but didn't see any. Sorry if I missed it.
Again, my mind is boggled here - why doesn't this guy (UID) have dental records (at least, according to NamUs they're not available). Isn't that forensics 101 going back beyond 1977?
Spring, will you please ask the detective if he does have a dental chart somewhere? If not, is he available exhumation for DNA?

About the circumcision (or lack of it), only about 50% of baby boys born in the 1950s were circumcised, and it grew steadily from there. One source I found said that in the early 50s it was only 50% but by 1959, it was 90%. So, he could still be an American male with a foreskin depending on when he was born. If he were found in the 80s or later and wasn't circumcised, I would definitely consider him from being outside of the US, but his estimated age possibly puts him on the cut off, no pun intended.

Sis, depends on his Nationality. Cherokees never believed in circumcision. They did & still do, consider it cruel. I, myself, do not. My son was circumcised.

Sis, depends on his Nationality. Cherokees never believed in circumcision. They did & still do, consider it cruel. I, myself, do not. My son was circumcised.

(rbbm)
Interesting, I didn't know that, so thank you!

Just trying something here.
Carl's drawing Screenshot_1.png

Age progression to an unknown age from TCP. Screenshot_2.png

Gary Lynn Mullinax.

I found a few others that might be possibilities too:

James Mann Morris
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/morris_james.html
*I'm thinking not cause he had sensitive eyes and had to wear glasses.

Christopher Harold Freeman
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/f/freeman_christopher.html
*His friend disappeared a few weeks later so I'm actually thinking that Chris was killed by someone rather than just leaving on his own.

Michael D. Mansfield
http://www.charleyproject.org/cases/m/mansfield_michael.html
*I'm guessing from the story he was killed by his roomate buuut you never know.... he looks kind of like the UID.

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

I came across this guy John Leonard Adams and his sisters story and I completely thought of this John Doe.. granted its not the same story but makes me think of all the unidentified and all the missing and their families that either did not have the resources or their missing persons report not accepted or who knows...this is a really good article again reminds me of the guitar guy

https://www.seattletimes.com/pacifi...secrecy-and-the-sister-who-would-not-give-up/

Thoughts on Richard Rhyne? The circumstances/stats don't really fit but there just seems to be something about his photo if you add a couple years (I'm assuming the pic is a senior pic) Could epilepsy cause an enlarged heart?

http://www.doenetwork.org/cases/1091dmtx.html

Richard Rhyne has fingerprints available and so does this UP. I'm thinking they'd have matched, but it may be worth sending in. My thoughts are if they didn't find his vehicle, he's most likely in a body of water, but Doe doesn't mention if it is missing, too.

ETA: I always recommend submitting a potential match to NamUs, just in case. He may have been an auto rule out already, which they wouldn't list.

Thanks Alley. My first thought when a car is missing is a body of water too. Had it not been early morning it likely would have been the my thought but the photo grabbed me. But the early morning did make me miss the fact that they both had prints so thanks for that info. I feel better assuming auto rule out on this one.

BUMPING for Mesquite John!

I just read this thread for the first time. Great work so far everyone!

I came across this thread looking for a JD I remembered wearing moccasins (this wasn't the one I was looking for but an interesting detour) and after finishing the thread I'm so disappointed that there are no pictures of his guitar or his clothing. And no DNA or Dental records either :(

What would it take to get him exhumed to get DNA and Dental records on file?

I just read this thread for the first time. Great work so far everyone!

I came across this thread looking for a JD I remembered wearing moccasins (this wasn't the one I was looking for but an interesting detour) and after finishing the thread I'm so disappointed that there are no pictures of his guitar or his clothing. And no DNA or Dental records either :(

What would it take to get him exhumed to get DNA and Dental records on file?

Money is usually the reason they won't exhume a body, so that's probably what it would take. Or it could be the remains were cremated. That they were able to get a usable DNA sample from a vial of blood stored on a shelf for 30+ years (BG) gives me hope that other JD's with blood samples somewhere may have a chance. At the very least, this JD should have dental records. That's forensics 101 going way back.

Money is usually the reason they won't exhume a body, so that's probably what it would take. Or it could be the remains were cremated. That they were able to get a usable DNA sample from a vial of blood stored on a shelf for 30+ years (BG) gives me hope that other JD's with blood samples somewhere may have a chance. At the very least, this JD should have dental records. That's forensics 101 going way back.

That's a good point Alleykins. Has anyone asked where he is buried or if he was cremated? It seems strange they would not have kept his clothes and guitar in an evidence locker somewhere. I wonder if there is box of evidence and forensic samples that have been misplaced? I hope it can be found someday soon if it exists. It seems hard to get him identified with only fingerprints. Although the new fingerprint technology has identified several, that still requires the missing person have fingerprints on file in a system somewhere to find an ID. JMO.

I need another set of eyes-- I can't tell if that is dirt on the photo or if Edmond has a freckle/mole on his cheek.
This is the only photo:

Edmond "Michael" Vickaryous

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28985/
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...K-Edmond-Vickaryous-32-Anchorage-16-Sept-1973

Not sure how possible this is because there is very little info in his case and he is missing from Alaska.
All his file says is that he had thousands in cash on him and he left his vehicle behind.
Could he have decided to disappear/go on the road with the money? But why leave the car behind?

Height is the same as the JD (69 inches).
Weight is the same too (Edmond was 170, JD estimate is 167)
He is older than the estimate --32 when he went missing in 1973.
Eye color is also different (file says blue and JD's was brown) but that doesn't bother me because Edmond's eyes don't appear blue in the photo (memories or perception of eye color can be off). JMO.
Edmund has No identifiers in NAMUS (No DNA/Dentals/fingerprints) so I'm not sure how a comparison would even be possible.

I need another set of eyes-- I can't tell if that is dirt on the photo or if Edmond has a freckle/mole on his cheek.
This is the only photo:

Edmond "Michael" Vickaryous

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/28985/
https://www.websleuths.com/forums/s...K-Edmond-Vickaryous-32-Anchorage-16-Sept-1973

Not sure how possible this is because there is very little info in his case and he is missing from Alaska.
All his file says is that he had thousands in cash on him and he left his vehicle behind.
Could he have decided to disappear/go on the road with the money? But why leave the car behind?

Height is the same as the JD (69 inches).
Weight is the same too (Edmond was 170, JD estimate is 167)
He is older than the estimate --32 when he went missing in 1973.
Eye color is also different (file says blue and JD's was brown) but that doesn't bother me because Edmond's eyes don't appear blue in the photo (memories or perception of eye color can be off). JMO.
Edmund has No identifiers in NAMUS (No DNA/Dentals/fingerprints) so I'm not sure how a comparison would even be possible.
It looks like dirt from the photo to me

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
?Unicorn/Fkboi?