Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Everyone,

Pmerle00 is now a verified insider in Michael's case.

Please continue to treat Pmerle00 with respect.

Remember Pmerle00 does not need to provide links to her posts and it's up to you whether to believe what she posts or not.

Thank you

Search to Resume for Missing, Retired Dallas Firefighter

]“I have to have an answer. This is literally exhausting me mentally and physically,” said Suzy Losoya, Chambers’ daughter. “We have to find the answer. I want it to be a good answer. I want it to be a positive answer. But, if not, I still need to know.”

Family, friends and members of the community are invited to participate in a prayer vigil for Chambers at on Saturday, May 6, at 6:30 in the evening at Greenville Sports Park.

Although the official search for Chambers, conducted by the Hunt County Sheriff’s Department and other professionals, has concluded, a new search effort will begin again on Sunday, according to Losoya. An experienced team from out of state is expected to arrive and begin a fresh search, including in areas that have already been searched.
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Se...421423383.html?_osource=SocialFlowFB_DFWBrand

Happy to have you as a verified insider, Pmerle. Thanks, Coldpizza and other members who were pushing for it, for making it happen!

We're all hoping and praying for Papaw's return.

Thinking of Michael's family today with the Vigil and hoping for some answers in the new search tomorrow.

Happy to have you as a verified insider, Pmerle. Thanks, Coldpizza and other members who were pushing for it, for making it happen!

We're all hoping and praying for Papaw's return.

It really makes a difference having a family member here with us, doesn't it? I find that it makes the case so much more personal for me as I know the family is hurting and hoping for a break in the case, as we all are. I'm so glad Pmerle is so open about answering questions and assisting us with information.

Praying for the family....

Just watched the live prayer vigil. How heart-wrenching and so special so many people came together.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G928A using Tapatalk

The first thing on my mind this morning was Papaw.

Please let this be the day he comes home. The weather forecast for today in Quinlan, TX is sunny with a low of 59 F and high of 86 F. Zero percent of precipitation. I hope that everyone stays safe.
https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Quinlan+TX+75474:4:US

Praying for him and his family -Pmerle00, especially- and friends.

Me too. As soon as I woke up, I thought to myself, "I wonder how the search is going?" It's weird how certain missing cases stick with you. I usually check websleuths about once a week. But since Mr. Chambers went missing I check everyday for an update on him. my father is around the same age and sounds just like Mr chambers. Kind, caring, independent, reliable, healthy, no risk factors, and his g-kids call him Poppee!
Where could Mr Chambers be?

I definitely agree with you guys. I have Papaw's thread bookmarked and I check it multiple times a day :( I hope today is the day. Love and light to everyone searching today.

It's been two months since Papaw was last seen. Where did he disappear? Thinking of Papaw and his family today. 💚

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Am anxiously awaiting any reports re the search and any additional info police may be willing to part with.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Am anxiously awaiting any reports re the search and any additional info police may be willing to part with.

A family member -Mr. Chamber's niece, I believe- has posted on the "Bring PaPaw Home" page that there isn't anything new to report from Sunday's search. I will not quote or post a direct link since it wasn't posted by a page admin, but here is link to the page:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/619407261589703/

The comment was posted earlier today in reply to a question that was posted on May 7th.

I am somewhat hopeful that they were able to find something, a clue, but LE are not ready to share. As of tomorrow, PaPaw will have been missing for two months ... :(.

Just a couple of points to make.

1. Just because nobody else's fingerprints inside shop that doesn't mean nobody was in his shop. Pretty simple to put on a pair of gloves, if you're a perp, to avoid leaving prints.

2. The fact that it was usual for him to wear a hat, but that he'd always take it off and put it in a certain spot when working in his shop, but his hat that he was wearing that day (as per Walmart videos) was not found in shop, says to me that he did not leave the shop under duress. And the fact, IMO, that the shop was locked up and light off inside, says to me that he was the one who locked up.

3. The small trail of blood on the floor in the shop leading up to the door could be insignificant to his disappearance. Small injuries (cut, poke, etc) to things like fingers can be pretty insignificant but can bleed a fair bit. Sometimes you poke or cut yourself and it doesn't initially even bleed and you don't even notice you're bleeding until you're walking around and see the blood.

4. PaPaw seems, like many of us, a creature of habit. Organized in his own way, everything in its place. His DL being missing from his wallet seems off to me. Even if someone stopped by and suggested going for a drink or to go look at a classic car, it doesn't seem realistic that he'd not just take his entire wallet. Easier to lose a loose DL card versus losing an entire wallet. For all we know maybe his DL was missing from his wallet for a period of time prior to his disappearance? Maybe in prior days he went somewhere and they asked to see his ID (DL) and they forgot to return his DL and he wasn't even aware that it was not returned to him. I'd be curious to know what type of wallet he has; was it the type where the DL would be stuck into one of many card slots or did it have a dedicated DL spot, the type with the clear plastic "window" (the former would mean it would be easier to not realize you didn't have your DL, the latter making it easier to see when opening your wallet that DL was missing).

5. Altho the neighbors claim that they didn't see any strange vehicles or anything amiss at his property. is it not possible that someone could have stopped by the home in a vehicle, been there only seconds, and neighbors wouldn't have seen?

6. Any past issues with any of the neighbors? Old grudges? Was he the type, if he had a run-in with a neighbor over something would he necessarily share that with his wife or family or just try to resolve it himself and not even mention it? It seems like he was the type to always lock things, routine habit, would even lock the house if out working in the shop. If someone hew knew/trusted popped by and claimed to need a hand with something, I could see him locking up the shop and leaving with them? Or what if someone didnt drive up onto the property under the guise of needing help, but walked onto it and up to the shop, would be much harder for a neighbor to see that would it not? Whether a neighbor, friend, stranger.

4. PaPaw seems, like many of us, a creature of habit. Organized in his own way, everything in its place. His DL being missing from his wallet seems off to me. Even if someone stopped by and suggested going for a drink or to go look at a classic car, it doesn't seem realistic that he'd not just take his entire wallet. Easier to lose a loose DL card versus losing an entire wallet. For all we know maybe his DL was missing from his wallet for a period of time prior to his disappearance? Maybe in prior days he went somewhere and they asked to see his ID (DL) and they forgot to return his DL and he wasn't even aware that it was not returned to him. I'd be curious to know what type of wallet he has; was it the type where the DL would be stuck into one of many card slots or did it have a dedicated DL spot, the type with the clear plastic "window" (the former would mean it would be easier to not realize you didn't have your DL, the latter making it easier to see when opening your wallet that DL was missing).
RSBM for focus.

All good points, and I very much agree.

As to item 4., I would also like to propose the possibility of a perp setting up the scene to make it look as though PaPaw left on his own volition, or to confuse the investigators in general.

For example:
PaPaw is somehow lured into a vehicle. The visit is not pre-planned, so there is no traceable communication. There is at least one person in the vehicle he is familiar with, and he has no reason to be suspicious, so there are no signs of struggle. He is taken to a garage or a barn, purportedly to look at a car he may be interested in, to help someone repair, etc.

Once there, he is attacked - I am so sorry ... :(. As soon as he is incapacitated, his phone is destroyed, and either the same individual or an accomplice removes the rest of the items PaPaw has on his person.

That person discards his DL, phone and maybe some of the clothes he is wearing -even his DFD hat :no:- at a random location (e.g., a gas station, pond, lake). Assuming PaPaw has no apps with GPS access running on his phone prior to it being destroyed, and the location(s) the two pings that the sheriff spoke of is not exact, the phone does not provide a clue as to where PaPaw might have been headed to.

Then the person goes to PaPaw's garage. While still in the car, s/he puts on gloves. S/he has PaPaw's keys, and therefore have no problem unlocking the man-door. Once inside, s/he places his keys and wallet in their usual places, perhaps leaves behind the wooden dowel that may have been used to attack PaPaw -and thus has his blood on it- in a random spot inside the garage, and makes sure everything is locked up, again, to confuse the investigators. Assuming that the man-door has the type of door that automatically locks itself from the outside when shut, there is no need for a key at this point. The whole process takes just a minute or two.

As to who would know where to put his keys and wallet, clearly, it would have to be someone who is familiar with Papaw's habits. I think it's possible that PaPaw has had quite a few people come to his garage over the years - he has been retired since 2008. There may have been some "regulars" who would buy and/or sell car parts, or trade items with PaPaw. Or If he is known to help people with car-related issues (I have a friend who does this: He has the right tools, enjoys working on cars, and does great work, so even though he is not a professional mechanic, he is my go-to person whenever there is a problem with my car, and if he ends up working on it, I pay him accordingly), then maybe some of them might have spent quite a bit of time in the garage.

If there has been foul play here, I am of the opinion that it was planned well in advance -perhaps even rehearsed-, carried out carefully and there is more than one person involved. And so far, they have been lucky.

I really, really hope that I am completely wrong ....

RSBM for focus.

All good points, and I very much agree.

As to item 4., I would also like to propose the possibility of a perp setting up the scene to make it look as though PaPaw left on his own volition, or to confuse the investigators in general.

For example:
PaPaw is somehow lured into a vehicle. The visit is not pre-planned, so there is no traceable communication. There is at least one person in the vehicle he is familiar with, and he has no reason to be suspicious, so there are no signs of struggle. He is taken to a garage or a barn, purportedly to look at a car he may be interested in, to help someone repair, etc.

Once there, he is attacked - I am so sorry ... :(. As soon as he is incapacitated, his phone is destroyed, and either the same individual or an accomplice removes the rest of the items PaPaw has on his person.

That person discards his DL, phone and maybe some of the clothes he is wearing -even his DFD hat :no:- at a random location (e.g., a gas station, pond, lake). Assuming PaPaw has no apps with GPS access running on his phone prior to it being destroyed, and the location(s) the two pings that the sheriff spoke of is not exact, the phone does not provide a clue as to where PaPaw might have been headed to.

Then the person goes to PaPaw's garage. While still in the car, s/he puts on gloves. S/he has PaPaw's keys, and therefore have no problem unlocking the man-door. Once inside, s/he places his keys and wallet in their usual places, perhaps leaves behind the wooden dowel that may have been used to attack PaPaw -and thus has his blood on it- in a random spot inside the garage, and makes sure everything is locked up, again, to confuse the investigators. Assuming that the man-door has the type of door that automatically locks itself from the outside when shut, there is no need for a key at this point. The whole process takes just a minute or two.

As to who would know where to put his keys and wallet, clearly, it would have to be someone who is familiar with Papaw's habits. I think it's possible that PaPaw has had quite a few people come to his garage over the years - he has been retired since 2008. There may have been some "regulars" who would buy and/or sell car parts, or trade items with PaPaw. Or If he is known to help people with car-related issues (I have a friend who does this: He has the right tools, enjoys working on cars, and does great work, so even though he is not a professional mechanic, he is my go-to person whenever there is a problem with my car, and if he ends up working on it, I pay him accordingly), then maybe some of them might have spent quite a bit of time in the garage.

If there has been foul play here, I am of the opinion that it was planned well in advance -perhaps even rehearsed-, carried out carefully and there is more than one person involved. And so far, they have been lucky.

I really, really hope that I am completely wrong ....
Ugh. Great points. It would, most certainly have to be someone who knows him and his habits. And that he would be alone at that time.

The one thing about this that bugs me is...the perp(s) would have made 2 trips to his home. For a well thought out plan, that was taking quite a chance of being seen at Pawpa's place.

But then again, if it was someone he knew, they probably knew when neighbors were gone and traffic on the road was minimal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member