Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Regarding LE not treating this as a criminal activity?

Its a public fb page to help bring him home, so I think I can quote from it, if not mods please delete.

ETA- I do think that is a strange comment since foul play was even mentioned in one of the earlier reports of him missing. But they have searched 3 or 4 times and nothing was out of place everything locked. I understand why some feel no criminal activity.

Yes, I understand also why some see it as no criminal activity. I'm wondering if sheriffs office believes he left on his own.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I miss Los .
Bless his heart for starting all these threads. *sigh* tears . What a sweet man.

Does he have something to do with the MC case? I'm confused.

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

Does he have something to do with the MC case? I'm confused.

He started this thread along with a lot of other missing people threads.

He started this thread along with a lot of other missing people threads.

Ohhhhhhh! I'm sorry. I misunderstood/didn't know.

Was PawPaw just a fireman or was he involved in determining arson cases, etc? I wonder if someone from his fireman days was upset with him and came looking for him?

Here is what our VI/PaPaw's GD said in reply to a similar question ("If Mr. Chambers was retired from the fire department - maybe he was part of an investigation that resulted in a conviction. Someone was released and this was retaliation?"):

"I am not aware of any dealings with an investigation, that typically would fall to the fire marshall, but I will check. "
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...-County-10-March-2017&p=13340553#post13340553

I honestly can't imagine the sheer agony of not knowing what happened to your loved on and so much being done/investigated and there simply being no leads, no tips, nothing. It must feel like time is standing still. :(

I honestly can't imagine the sheer agony of not knowing what happened to your loved on and so much being done/investigated and there simply being no leads, no tips, nothing. It must feel like time is standing still. :(
I agree. But I would love to be a fly on the wall at Quinlan P.D. MC was
one of the chief's buddies. I can't help but think they know more than what they are saying, and maybe they don't want the family to know what they are thinking....yet.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I agree. But I would love to be a fly on the wall at Quinlan P.D. MC was
one of the chief's buddies. I can't help but think they know more than what they are saying, and maybe they don't want the family to know what they are thinking....yet.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

me too. I agree.

Did MC ever ride scooters or motorbikes, or did family or friends, wondering if that is why he left his wallet. Do we know if BC returned to work ( after her injury) the day before MC disappeared?

Interesting comment posted on the FB page by a granddaughter (she may be our VI, but I really don't know; I just think she is very well written, and so is our VI) right around midnight Fri./Sat:
https://www.facebook.com/groups/619407261589703/
(link to the page only, not directly to the post)

His two daughters and the granddaughter have been truly amazing and brave throughout this terrible ordeal. What could have possibly happened to PaPaw?

I believe he left his family also. I hope if that's the case he atleast let's them know.

If he did, it just seems so odd that a 70 yr old man would walk away from his wife, children, grandbabies, all that he's worked for, his friendships, his church, his passion (classic cars). That would be walking away from your entire life and everything you've worked hard to build. He looked like a young 70 yr old, in reportedly excellent health, very fit, mentally sharp as a tack. Even if there was another woman (that's often why someone walks away, to begin a new life with someone else), would another woman be worth walking away from your children and grandbabies? I just don't know.

I believe he left his family also. I hope if that's the case he atleast let's them know.

If he did, it just seems so odd that a 70 yr old man would walk away from his wife, children, grandbabies, all that he's worked for, his friendships, his church, his passion (classic cars). That would be walking away from your entire life and everything you've worked hard to build. He looked like a young 70 yr old, in reportedly excellent health, very fit, mentally sharp as a tack. Even if there was another woman (that's often why someone walks away, to begin a new life with someone else), would another woman be worth walking away from your children and grandbabies? I just don't know.

How did he physically leave, he couldn't walk far.

<modsnip>

Personally I do not believe PaPaw left on his own, whether to start over or intending to end it all, but that is not to say it's impossible. In fact, some of the evidence points in that direction (i.e, Missing DL: For ease of identification if found deceased, or possibly needed in order to start a new life; Everything being locked up: Wanting to make sure his family is financially secure, while keeping a stash of cash for himself; No signs of PaPaw: 1) He walked to Lake Tawakoni, which appears to be barely a mile or so from his home, where he perished but has not been found; 2) He had someone pick him up down the road from his house, is living far away and choosing not to contact LE or family, etc.).

Watching the video of the sheriff's press conference again, he says he is good friends not only with PaPaw, but the family as well ("I know the Chambers very well. They are personal friends of mine").
http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/My...uzzles-Community-Investigators-416170523.html

Would the sheriff have a difficult time coming to terms with it if there were signs of foul play? If there was evidence to indicate there was someone close to PaPaw involved, would he have a particularly hard time accepting it -at least initially- due to his "personal" friendship with the family?

I trust that if such evidence has been found, the sheriff has come to terms with it by now, and opened a criminal investigation. Besides, both Texas Rangers and the FBI were already involved by the third day of PaPaw's disappearance. And if they have reason to suspect a family member, then they would keep such information close to the vest, IMO.

I do not believe Mr. Chambers walked away, either. I also don't think this was a suicide. I don't know much about family dynamics, but I have a feeling there's foul play by someone close to him.

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk

I do not believe Mr. Chambers walked away, either. I also don't think this was a suicide. I don't know much about family dynamics, but I have a feeling there's foul play by someone close to him.

Yep. I agree.

I agree.

That is quit a theory. Did you ever think that every family member has already been questioned and investigated. Their where about on that day verified.

That is quit a theory. Did you ever think that every family member has already been questioned and investigated. Their where about on that day verified.

Yes, the family has said on more than one occasion the investigators have been speaking with people within the community, friends, as well as family, and I am sure that is the case. Also to the best of my knowledge -whether through media reports or the Bring PaPaw Home FB page- no one has been eliminated.

The family has further stated that at this point, there aren't any clues that lead to any specific person - if there was indeed foul play involved. They have also said on the BPH FB that as of now, there is just no way to know if it could have been someone PaPaw knows or is familiar with.

I really hope that I am wrong about my theory, and I most likely am. I would much, much rather see Mr. Chambers come home today, safe and sound.

And thanks for joining us here on Websleuths!

:Welcome1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member