Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y'all. I do not think PawPaw just left on his own.

There has to be more evidence that LE isn't sharing.

If Klein Investigators are involved - I am happy. They have been working on another case I follow (Tom Brown) and I would love for them to bring both of these men home.

Y'all. I do not think PawPaw just left on his own.

There has to be more evidence that LE isn't sharing.

If Klein Investigators are involved - I am happy. They have been working on another case I follow (Tom Brown) and I would love for them to bring both of these men home.

Klein is amazing!

*All statements are that of my own opinion unless otherwise specified.*

I watched "Snapped" tonight and a man/husband disappeared without a trace. This man refurbished and worked on all different kinds of cars. 2 different men said, "A man will leave his home, his family or his job, but he'd never leave his cars." Reminded me a bit of MC. 😯

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

Is there a possibility his last few phone calls received could lead somewhere? Was anyone contacting him about the possibility of buying/selling/restoring a car? He left Wal Mart around noon time....any possibility he stopped somewhere to get something to eat before heading home? Could there be additional CCTV footage of him in auto parts stores, fast food places, gas stations that may show someone following him home? Had there been any break-ins, prowlers in the area in the immediate time before he went missing?

Great thoughts and questions Txteacher1!

It seems to me that law enforcement (LE) are keeping their cards close to their vest. I think they know more than they are telling. Of course that's frustrating for those of us here who want to bring PawPaw home. Having said that, I think they are smart to keep some of their intel tucked away...as long as they are close to solving this mystery.

And welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

I watched "Snapped" tonight and a man/husband disappeared without a trace. This man refurbished and worked on all different kinds of cars. 2 different men said, "A man will leave his home, his family or his job, but he'd never leave his cars." Reminded me a bit of MC. [emoji54]

I go back and forth on this case, either he decided to end it all and is in a strange place close by, I don't know, hidden cave, hole, , or somebody kidnapped him, for what reason though, could have just killed him there rather than risk being seen with him in the car, why go to the house at all, could have shot him on the road. So I am leaning towards he either left by his own free will and is hiding out or he decided to end it all and threw himself down a well, shaft etc. hate to say this but it seems to risky for someone to go to the workshop and do all that would be required without leaving fingerprints, footprints, tire marks etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a storm shelter or anything nearby that he could have fallen in or something? Has everyone around him checked their outbuildings etc? Have they checked the trunks of all the cars on the property? I am grasping at straws at this point....... where is pmerle our VI?.

Has it been said if his eye glasses are missing as well? I notice he is wearing them in several pictures.

That really is a great question!

Looking at the "Clothing and Accessories" section of PaPaw's NamUs profile, next to "Eyewear," it says, "Metal frame glasses with tint for sunlight." In the same section, next to "Clothing," it says, "Blue sweatpants, probably blue Dallas fire department t-shirt, blue cap," which is exactly what our VI said he was wearing at the time of his disappearance. So, I do believe his glasses are indeed missing along with PaPaw.

https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/show/37780

By the way, according to the page, he was also wearing a black watch.

While I am sad that PaPaw has not been found yet, I am also glad to see that there are people who still care. It has been four months, and sometimes it seems like he is forgotten. It also seems like there are others who would like to think -and would like everyone else to think- he will never be found and are ready to move on.

I really don't think PaPaw left to start over. Some of the evidence found and we know about does suggest suicide (e.g., leaving keys, wallet and all vehicles behind), but I think that is what the perp(s) wanted it to look like, and not what actually happened.

I hope that LE has much more evidence than they are letting on, and now with the PI's help -if it is really Klein that the family has hired, that is indeed great news-, they will be able to solve this mystery and bring PaPaw home.

I'm going to give this a gander.
From Pmerle00 we know:
1). Papaw's truck was parked outside the house where it normally sits. The truck was locked up.
2). The thing or things he got for his wife had been brought into the house and put away.
3). A receipt for the/those items was found in a wastebasket.

So......I'm thinking Pawpa made it home. I would like to know if it appeared he'd had lunch. Or a glass of water.

Did he then go outside to the shed, take his wallet out and his keys and put them in his special place?

It seems to me whatever happened,
happened soon upon his arrival home.

This indicates to me that Pawpa either locked things down and left
or......

He was ambushed and taken before he had a chance to completely open up the shop.

So, did he lock the main house? If no, why was it locked up unless someone didn't want anyone coming into the house other than BC. Perhaps so she wouldn't be frightened, or perhaps to make sure she'd be safe?!

This says to me IMO that he either left willingly or, whoever took him from there, knew just where things should be located which means it was someone who knew him and his habits well.

Has anyone said if he was in a habit of locking his vehicle at home? I live in the area, and many people I know do not. Just wondering if he could have stopped on the side of the road to help someone on his way home ( that maybe was getting someone to stop under the rouse of car trouble) and could have had an uninvited passenger on the way home. Could locking his vehicle at home have been him trying to send a signal that something was wrong?

I have not kept up with this case much but caught up in the last two days. I am not far from Quinlan/Greenville and an acquaintance of mine knows the family and speaks very highly of them all.

I did want to toss out this story related to him possibly leaving by choice. A friend of mine in FL had a very good close relationship with her mother and father. She is a single and has a young son (9 now). Dad was a doting grandfather, loving father, husband, etc. About 5 years ago, her father went nuts very suddenly and left. He was done. Hasn't seen the grandson since then. Turns out there was another (manipulative) woman, burner phone, drugs involved. He just recently followed through on the divorce keeping my friend and her mother in turmoil for 5 years.

To this day she has no idea what the hell exactly happened and she NEVER saw it coming. He basically said he was tired of "being controlled" by his wife for all those years and he was just done. It is the most bizarre thing and we'll never understand it. He wasn't "missing" as long as MC has been but he was definitely gone and by choice. He was about 70 when it happened. Anyway, all that to say that it may not happen often, but it does definitely happen.

I hope Papaw comes home or at least allows his family some closure. My heart breaks for them.

I have not kept up with this case much but caught up in the last two days. I am not far from Quinlan/Greenville and an acquaintance of mine knows the family and speaks very highly of them all.

I did want to toss out this story related to him possibly leaving by choice. A friend of mine in FL had a very good close relationship with her mother and father. She is a single and has a young son (9 now). Dad was a doting grandfather, loving father, husband, etc. About 5 years ago, her father went nuts very suddenly and left. He was done. Hasn't seen the grandson since then. Turns out there was another (manipulative) woman, burner phone, drugs involved. He just recently followed through on the divorce keeping my friend and her mother in turmoil for 5 years.

To this day she has no idea what the hell exactly happened and she NEVER saw it coming. He basically said he was tired of "being controlled" by his wife for all those years and he was just done. It is the most bizarre thing and we'll never understand it. He wasn't "missing" as long as MC has been but he was definitely gone and by choice. He was about 70 when it happened. Anyway, all that to say that it may not happen often, but it does definitely happen.

I hope Papaw comes home or at least allows his family some closure. My heart breaks for them.

This. This is my gut feeling, too. That something similar went down.

I also know of a very similiar story that happened in my town. A family I was very close too experienced the same thing. They had missing persons flyers out for his man and his family was devastated. Turns out he was four states over with his much younger girlfriend.

Not saying that's the case here but there is definitely something going on.

As far as selling the car, that really gets me going! I think I would be less interested if it was your every day , four door Camry but it's not, it was MUCH more than that. I can't imagine ever parting with something so special ☹️

I may be crazy [emoji51]

How do you explain the blood in the shop if he walked away voluntarily?

Because I can't. moo

Great thoughts and questions Txteacher1!

It seems to me that law enforcement (LE) are keeping their cards close to their vest. I think they know more than they are telling. Of course that's frustrating for those of us here who want to bring PawPaw home. Having said that, I think they are smart to keep some of their intel tucked away...as long as they are close to solving this mystery.

And welcome to Websleuths!

:welcome:

Thank you! I live not far from this family and have several family members that know them well so this one hits home. One thing came to mind- I am also on our local county scanner pages that post things that are heard on the sherrif/ police scanner. I know the area is remote, but it would surprise you how many prowlers/break-ins are in the area.....mostly because of the drug heavy area south of where Mr. Chambers lives. A while back before he went missing I read a report in the area of a man walking out to his barn in the dark, early morning hours to encounter a man just standing in his field. Mind you, I leave early in the mornings and have to go to my barn in the dark in the morning to feed animals, so this one kind of sent chills up my spine.It wasn't the first time someone had walked up on someone in their barn/field in the dark in the area. My gut tells me he either walked in on someone at his home or somehow had someone come up on him. I believe he went into first responder mode and tried to get them off the property before his wife came home because he didn't want to think about the possibilities of what could happen if she were there. I do believe it could be someone he knew.....or someone that knew he could identify them. I almost wonder if he could have snapped a picture of them with his phone ( if it were in his hand) and that may be why they took him and his phone- to get rid of evidence.I do not put too much faith in the neighbors doing yardwork and noticing nothing, because honestly if you are doing yard work unless you know something is fishy, how much attention do you really pay to your neighbors? I believe the timeline for something happening was closer to the time the wife was due home from work and that may be why he left more willingly and did not put up a big struggle. I really hope this case is resolved soon.

If he wanted to stage his disappearance he could have made it look like he was kidnapped by cutting his finger, letting the blood drop on the floor
and smearing some on the dowel,
he then left his wallet, took his drivers license and phone, locked up and got a ride from someone ditching the phone and disappearing due to bad finances, depression, affair or just wanted to go.

How do you explain the blood in the shop if he walked away voluntarily?

Because I can't. moo

My personal opinion is that the blood is totally unrelated. I don't mean unrelated to MC because it's been tested and obviously his. But unrelated to his disappearance. He was apparently a very meticulous man, but sometimes people just let things go. So maybe this was one time he didn't get around to cleaning it up.

I believe the timeline for something happening was closer to the time the wife was due home from work and that may be why he left more willingly and did not put up a big struggle. I really hope this case is resolved soon.

I agree with this. I believe he went willingly - but not because he wanted to disappear. But (in his mind) to protect others.

I have to post this even though I am sure it has probably been discussed.
I was a volunteer firefighter and we work alongside LE at fire, accidents and medical calls, etc...it makes me wonder the relationship between LE and PaPaw? They knew each other but was it good, bad or ok?

I was a volunteer firefighter and we work alongside LE at fire, accidents and medical calls, etc...it makes me wonder the relationship between LE and PaPaw? They knew each other but was it good, bad or ok?

From what I understand, he and the Sheriff are personal friends.

From what I understand, he and the Sheriff are personal friends.

That is good to know. I figuered they would be but you never know.

PaPaw retired from the Dallas Fire Department after 36 years of service, but lives in -and was last seen at his home in- Quinlan, TX, which is located in Hunt County, about an hour away from Dallas.

The investigative agency in his disappearance is the Hunt County Sheriff's Office. The Sheriff is apparently close friends with PaPaw, as well as his family. During the press conference just a couple of days after PaPaw was reported missing, the Sheriff was asked by a reporter what kind of man PaPaw is; he became very emotional, choked up and could barely speak.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AMK