Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi friend! I agree with you that no guy would want a wife with three boyfriends. But that's why there is divorce.

Even if he would come out much worse financially, how is walking off and leaving your whole life behind any more beneficial?

I think the idea is a serious under estimation of who MC truly was. BC did not define him! Regardless of BC's extracurricular activities, I believe MC had come to terms with that, as painful as it might be.

He had very strong ties to his community. Not just his family, but friends and neighbors, his buddies from the Dallas fire department, and all his cronies from the classic car enthusiasts group.

Yes, he loved BC and likely was heartbroken, but I don't see him throwing everything away because of it. I think he as a man was far more than that!

In fact, I believe it was because of that incredible strength of his character that he was murdered.

Not implying any certain individual/s did it. Could be anyone he stood up to. Only saying that whoever killed him recognized that was the only way of getting their way. I see such granite strength and an indomitable will in him. He wasn't a wilting flower.

No one was going to push him around for their own purposes. Murder was the only way his light was extinguished...

JMO
I wonder why MC didn't divorce BC?
Sure would have been easy enough.

Sent from my SM-J727T using Tapatalk

See, for me that ship sailed long ago. The person showing the most disrespect to the office of HC Sheriff is RM himself.

Sent from my SCH-I435L using Tapatalk
Ok then. What do you all suggest as the next step then? What does Klein suggest as the next step other than trying to interview a witness that probably doesn't want to be interviewed? What does he do now?

Ok then. What do you all suggest as the next step then? What does Klein suggest as the next step other than trying to interview a witness that probably doesn't want to be interviewed? What does he do now?

Never mind. What if someone's husband, or brother (basic same age as MC and build) take their bike and pedal the same route? It seems to me there were 2 routes to choose from. See where the time and mileage comes out to and document EVERYTHING.

I wonder why MC didn't divorce BC?
Sure would have been easy enough.

Maybe I am being naive or sentimental here, but perhaps MC didn’t divorce BC because he truly loved her.

Or maybe he had finally had enough, told BC he was going to file for divorce, and that was what set everything in motion.

My opinion only.

Maybe I am being naive or sentimental here, but perhaps MC didn’t divorce BC because he truly loved her.

Or maybe he had finally had enough, told BC he was going to file for divorce, and that was what set everything in motion.

My opinion only.

By all accounts, he loved her very much. But something definitely set things in motion before his disappearance. And that’s a very good theory!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

My opinion only.

I have thought all along that if this was a murder, the motive could have been because MC was threatening to file for a divorce, after discovering yet another affair. Being together during her recuperation would have been so tense, don't you think?

Under Texas law, if adultery is the reason for the divorce, the injured spouse can request and may receive a larger share of the community property than typical equal split.
Who knows what conversations went on during those weeks? It's not a reach to think that divorce may have been discussed, angrily, and BC figured she'd make out better with ALL of it than what she may have gotten in court.

My opinion only.

For option 2, it doesn’t make sense that he would just have gone and bought her mascara.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Never mind. What if someone's husband, or brother (basic same age as MC and build) take their bike and pedal the same route? It seems to me there were 2 routes to choose from. See where the time and mileage comes out to and document EVERYTHING.

Sorry. I keep replying to my own reply but now that war is semi being waged,
I am ready.

This bike trek will need to be videotaped and if possible attempt at the same time of day and week.

Whoever videos this should also include traffic on the road and places where MC would have passed.

Depending on results, turn it over to Klein. Or upload it to YouTube.
"Why Meeks Assumption Re Chambers Bike Ride to the Bridge Is Ludicrous".

I think Klein has to find motive and evidence of conspiracy through data records and interviews. I don't think they will find him until they identify which boyfriend and his associates had motive, availability and capability and with pressure knowing he is on to them, one will make a deal to take them to the body, even if it means a more specific location in the lake so they have a targeted place to look. Perhaps as they develop probable cause on the right people they may be able to get a tower dump or their phone records and figure out who was there that day. But I don't think they will find his body and then back into who did it. At this point they have to identify the suspects and be led to his body. Basically they have to start investigating it like there are bad guys to prosecute and find them moreover finding his body, I don't think HCSO has done that. But is it because of incompetence or corruption? Much of what they have and haven't done left us wondering, nothing more so than releasing a missing bike description like they did yesterday. Is it Meeks, or is he letting the deputy running the investigation feed him, the family and the rest of us a line of bull? Especially since these last days with this bike the only thing that makes sense is intentional misdirection and diversion.

For option 2, it doesn’t make sense that he would just have gone and bought her mascara.

But then again, suicide doesn’t really fit with that being one of the last things he did either... buying mascara and the other medicine.

Definitely a good idea! For the bike theory & also the phone tracking abilities. We can by-guess & by-gosh all day long, but there's no replacement for actually recreating the situation.

As to your other question, the short answer is, the next step should be everyone involved in this case working together to bring this man and his family the justice they deserve.

Long answer:

It's a complicated case, especially when you have a small town/ good ol boy situation. I live in a small community & understand how things overlap with each other. Clearly, RM's treatment of the case has been unsuccessful - be that unintentional due to incapabilities, or corruption/personal involvement. My guess is there is some of both going on in this case.*

The logical next step in problem-solving of any kind is 2nd opinion/asking for help. For example, I took my daughter to an ortho last week for a 2nd opinion at the request of our already established ortho. She just wanted to make sure her plan of action was the best for her patient. The mark of a true professional is to know when you're stretching your limits, and reaching out for assistance. As a former LE I'm sure you're familiar with task forces, etc. **

I would like to see someone come in and start over from scratch. Do their own interviews, etc. (That cold case show headed by Kelly Siegler (sp?) would be ideal, although I think it's off the air). Someone who doesn't give a **** about local politics etc. In the perfect world, state LE or FBI would do it, due to them having superiority over HCSO, but I'm not holding my breath on that. RM had that opportunity at the onset and refused.

If Klein or ID can accomplish that (legally), more power to them.

I think the biggest issue for me is that, as you've said above, everyone in this case needs to be working for the the victim. It's what Klein was hired to do and, as an elected public servant, what RM was hired to do. A stumped LE who truly cares about the victim and solving the case should welcome Klein's assistance with open arms.

Sorry for rambling.

Footnotes:
* Regardless of truth or not, there is a significant perception of corruption and incapability within the HCSO. An elephant in the room. Asking an outside agency to come in and oversee the investigation would go miles in terms of public perception. As it is, people presume he's hiding an elephant because he's acting like he's hiding an elephant.

** I hope that these comments about HCSO aren't being interpreted as personal against you specifically, or LE in general. I very much support LE - have them in my family, workplace & community of friends. They are all highly respectable, good people. Unfortunately, there are bad apples in any walk of life that can bring down the reputation despite the good guys.

ETA: Caught up on posts that happened while I was typing. I'm sorry you feel war is being waged, that is not my intent at all. I don't expect to change anyone's mind with what I write. I'm going to leave this post because it was answering your question, but end my part of it there so as not to derail the thread any further. :)

By all accounts, he loved her very much. But something definitely set things in motion before his disappearance. And that’s a very good theory!

Another scenario is that BC may have finally gotten involved with someone who would not take no for an answer, who wouldn't let MC ultimately keep her.

Definitely a good idea! For the bike theory & also the phone tracking abilities. We can by-guess & by-gosh all day long, but there's no replacement for actually recreating the situation.

As to your other question, the short answer is, the next step should be everyone involved in this case working together to bring this man and his family the justice they deserve.

Long answer:

It's a complicated case, especially when you have a small town/ good ol boy situation. I live in a small community & understand how things overlap with each other. Clearly, RM's treatment of the case has been unsuccessful - be that unintentional due to incapabilities, or corruption/personal involvement. My guess is there is some of both going on in this case.*

The logical next step in problem-solving of any kind is 2nd opinion/asking for help. For example, I took my daughter to an ortho last week for a 2nd opinion at the request of our already established ortho. She just wanted to make sure her plan of action was the best for her patient. The mark of a true professional is to know when you're stretching your limits, and reaching out for assistance. As a former LE I'm sure you're familiar with task forces, etc. **

I would like to see someone come in and start over from scratch. Do their own interviews, etc. (That cold case show headed by Kelly Siegler (sp?) would be ideal, although I think it's off the air). Someone who doesn't give a **** about local politics etc. In the perfect world, state LE or FBI would do it, due to them having superiority over HCSO, but I'm not holding my breath on that. RM had that opportunity at the onset and refused.

If Klein or ID can accomplish that (legally), more power to them.

I think the biggest issue for me is that, as you've said above, everyone in this case needs to be working for the the victim. It's what Klein was hired to do and, as an elected public servant, what RM was hired to do. A stumped LE who truly cares about the victim and solving the case should welcome Klein's assistance with open arms.

Sorry for rambling.

Footnotes:
* Regardless of truth or not, there is a significant perception of corruption and incapability within the HCSO. An elephant in the room. Asking an outside agency to come in and oversee the investigation would go miles in terms of public perception. As it is, people presume he's hiding an elephant because he's acting like he's hiding an elephant.

** I hope that these comments about HCSO aren't being interpreted as personal against you specifically, or LE in general. I very much support LE - have them in my family, workplace & community of friends. They are all highly respectable, good people. Unfortunately, there are bad apples in any walk of life that can bring down the reputation despite the good guys.

ETA: Caught up on posts that happened while I was typing. I'm sorry you feel war is being waged, that is not my intent at all. I don't expect to change anyone's mind with what I write. I'm going to leave this post because it was answering your question, but end my part of it there so as not to derail the thread any further.
I was using the term war as: Ok. Let's prove Meeks wrong or right w/out costing the family more time and money. I'm up for that if it would help. (But it's easy for me to say as I'm not there and wouldn't be able to help).

I am taking no offense at anything you've said about LE or particularly HCSO. Don't even worry about that.

I understand what you are saying.
It's all good. I do appreciate how you communicate.

I think Klein has to find motive and evidence of conspiracy through data records and interviews. I don't think they will find him until they identify which boyfriend and his associates had motive, availability and capability and with pressure knowing he is on to them, one will make a deal to take them to the body, even if it means a more specific location in the lake so they have a targeted place to look. Perhaps as they develop probable cause on the right people they may be able to get a tower dump or their phone records and figure out who was there that day. But I don't think they will find his body and then back into who did it. At this point they have to identify the suspects and be led to his body. Basically they have to start investigating it like there are bad guys to prosecute and find them moreover finding his body, I don't think HCSO has done that. But is it because of incompetence or corruption? Much of what they have and haven't done left us wondering, nothing more so than releasing a missing bike description like they did yesterday. Is it Meeks, or is he letting the deputy running the investigation feed him, the family and the rest of us a line of bull? Especially since these last days with this bike the only thing that makes sense is intentional misdirection and diversion.
The thing I wonder about the 3 boyfriends is (and especially the one who brought counsel) why would they consent to interviews when SM has basically cleared them. (Or like you said, maybe they had never been interviewed by HCSO). So why would they agree to be interviewed? Especially by someone not in LE? Maybe they know they were not involved and wanted to get their story out there? I would have taken a lawyer with me too. (Even if I knew I was not guilty.)

I was using the term war as: Ok. Let's prove Meeks wrong or right w/out costing the family more time and money. I'm up for that if it would help. (But it's easy for me to say as I'm not there and wouldn't be able to help).

I am taking no offense at anything you've said about LE or particularly HCSO. Don't even worry about that.

I understand what you are saying.
It's all good. I do appreciate how you communicate.

Thanks. And right back atcha. I appreciate your insight, as well.

But then again, suicide doesn’t really fit with that being one of the last things he did either... buying mascara and the other medicine.

This is an "ignore" thought.

Maybe he was thinking that this is what his marriage had come down to. Being an errand boy for his wife. [emoji21]

I hate typing that and I am probably wrong as I recall our VI saying it was typical for MC to do things like that for BC. But still, it made me sad when he was walking out of Wal-Mart with his purchases in hand.

I think it’s a combination of incompetence and corruption. They’ve been corrupt for decades, doing things however they want, whenever they want. I think they tried to run their “good ol’ boy” game on the wrong family this time. When they were forced to step up, they were clueless because they haven’t had to really do their jobs in so long. That, and I fully believe that at least one or two members of that agency know exactly what happened to MC.

Another scenario is that BC may have finally gotten involved with someone who would not take no for an answer, who wouldn't let MC ultimately keep her.

Definitely a possibility!

The thing I wonder about the 3 boyfriends is (and especially the one who brought counsel) why would they consent to interviews when SM has basically cleared them. (Or like you said, maybe they had never been interviewed by HCSO). So why would they agree to be interviewed? Especially by someone not in LE? Maybe they know they were not involved and wanted to get their story out there? I would have taken a lawyer with me too. (Even if I knew I was not guilty.)

That's a good question. When he said that, I didn't feel it was clear that these 3 are the extent of it. He didn't specifically say they are talking to her boyfriend at the time of his disappearance. Surely there was only one boyfriend at a time. If one of these 3 is the conspirator they believe they covered their tracks or kept themselves sufficiently separated from it. My FIL is a kind man but back in his younger days he was in a motorcycle club and even now he has friends (in the same area btw) whom he says he could call who would take care of situations for him. Not that he would nor am I confident he even could, but there are lots of guys who have those guys so they can stay clean, some times they are even associated with sheriff deputies so that their actions don't get well investigated. All that gives a guy confidence to handle questioning.

I wanted to clarify something for anyone not aware of things here in Texas:
Klein is under the jurisdiction of the Texas Department of Public Safety Personal Securities Bureau. He ultimately answers to the Texas Rangers for a governing law enforcement agency.
Just throwing this out here to maybe help others understand how it’s structured.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member