Found Deceased TX - Michael Chambers, 70, Hunt County, 10 March 2017 *found deceased 2023* #8

Last edited by a moderator:
His funeral is set for tomorrow. I couldn’t help but notice that his obituary said he was a devoted and loving son, brother, and father. No mention of being a husband. Surviving relatives were not listed. Hmmm….
Yes. No mention of Becca. I feel how she reacted, or if she attended the funeral would speak volumes. Outside looking in, it appears the kids are the ones handling the funeral and he's even being buried in Italy TX which is extremely far from Quinlan. If this were my husband whose remains were found, I'd be right there every step of the way and wanting him buried near where I live.

I refuse to believe that this case is unsolvable. The wait is killing me. Will the heavy hitters (48 Hours, Dateline, 20/20, etc.) cover this case this year? I hope so but we probably would have heard something about film crews or interviews. Somebody had to have talked by now . . .this is more than one person. Advancements in cell phone tracking technology . . .something.

I read somewhere before that those shoes only like to do cases that are resolved. Even court. And then I started thinking and it's true. The majority of their shows have resolution and a sentence, at the end. This case is too early for them, I'm betting.

I read somewhere before that those shoes only like to do cases that are resolved. Even court. And then I started thinking and it's true. The majority of their shows have resolution and a sentence, at the end. This case is too early for them, I'm betting.
I know what you are saying. I agree, those shows like resolution before they air. My frustration lies in the fact that to bring the Michael Chambers case to a resolution, it might need some media push. Perhaps not but that's just my opinion. It's a Catch-22, I guess. It's not ripe for TV but I wish they'd take it and find some angle.

I'm sure they've checked into the guy that found his remains and posted pictures on Facebook? Not accusing him at all, but Mr. Chambers' remains were found in November of '22. LE has had plenty of time to investigate and make a statement of some kind, one way or the other. What is going on? Are they just not going to say anything, ever?

I know what you are saying. I agree, those shows like resolution before they air. My frustration lies in the fact that to bring the Michael Chambers case to a resolution, it might need some media push. Perhaps not but that's just my opinion. It's a Catch-22, I guess. It's not ripe for TV but I wish they'd take it and find some angle.
Dear @Soccerfan,

Great insight!

I agree that a "media push" is necessary.

Your post brought to mind the case of Ahmaud Arbery. A reporter continued to bring attention to the circumstances of his death and had many unanswered questions.
Soon, other newspaper reporters brought his story to the public more and more.

The media in that case, to me, was the catalyst that spurred an investigation and the case was eventually resolved with convictions of the perpetrators.

Sometimes it takes one reporter to make a difference.

Rest in Peace dear Michael Chambers. My heart breaks when I think of his loved ones.

I know that we shouldn't assume that silence means that nothing is being done but the silence on this case is depressing. Is there ever going to be an arrest? I'd love to know what's going on in this part of Texas. I want justice in this case. It's unconscionable that no one has ever had to answer for this man's death.

I feel the same. I didn’t know him but I followed his case since he was reported missing. I can’t believe it took so long to find his body, and I also cannot believe that no one has been arrested. I really hope there is a suspect.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back