Identified! TX - Midland, living Male, 13-17, can't communicate his name, found near Ward & Shandon, 30 Jan 2023 - Cordarius Lashun Pegues

The thing about Midland is that he could really be from anywhere, Odessa and Midland are usually seen as towns you go through while driving west, I think that there is a possibility that he is from further West or East and his caretakers drove as far as they feel they could before dropping him off. Speculation, though.

I can't believe no one has come forward with any information about this young man.

Isn't there a way to do a data search on the name Cordarius in TX? Surely LE has the capability to do that and has? Heck, it could be a street name somewhere, if not someone's name, first or last.

This case is very sad, but I'm glad he is safe and warm and being cared for.

Was anymore information about this young man released? Did I miss the information as far as height, weight, scars?

I'm wondering if this young man managed to wander away from whoever he was with. The caregiver hasnt come forward to claim him because they fear they will get in trouble bc of the condition he was found in or because they weren't watching him closely. IDK. This case is strange. I hope he is identified and able to go home to his family very soon.

I'm wondering how close/far he was found from bus & train stations? Is it possible he took a bus and arrived there from out of state?

I have a cousin who is autistic and nonverbal and he is fully capable of going online, using family credit cards (he memorizes the numbers in an instant) and purchasing things he wants. He lives in a group home with 24-hour supervision, now, because it wasn't possible to care for him fully at home, where he could do things like take a trip to Disney World if he wanted to without telling anyone.

So...is it possible he's from another state?

I'm wondering how close/far he was found from bus & train stations? Is it possible he took a bus and arrived there from out of state?

I have a cousin who is autistic and nonverbal and he is fully capable of going online, using family credit cards (he memorizes the numbers in an instant) and purchasing things he wants. He lives in a group home with 24-hour supervision, now, because it wasn't possible to care for him fully at home, where he could do things like take a trip to Disney World if he wanted to without telling anyone.

So...is it possible he's from another state?
He could be from anywhere. While searching on NamUs, I'm not putting a certain state in the search parameters. I want to look at every young missing black male out there.

Last edited:
It seems obvious he was being taken care of somewhere, whether adequately or inadequately. I imagine he's been assessed for signs of short-term or long-term abuse.

Perhaps his caregiver is deceases. Or incarcerated.

It doesn't appear he's missing from foster care, school.... which makes me question the level and quality of his care over time.

I hope someone has supplied him with pencil and paper.... draw us your story....

JMO

Backtracking just a bit, but I wonder if Cordarius could even be the name of a beloved family member that this young man learned how to write? Strictly conjecture.
Writing is an incredibly complex skill. You're accessing your language centres, visual-spacial, fine motor. It's really, really hard. Tito, an autistic man who was taught to write by his mother after he was deemed ineducable, writes poetry that has been published internationally in several volumes. When he writes, his mother still has to be there to make sure he doesn't "stack" all of his letters one on top of the other, making his words illegible. This is a young man who learnt to speak, who has a large vocabulary in two languages and an artistic skill with words. Writing is still a challenge for him.

I could be completely wrong, but I suspect his name is his only written word, or one of his only words. He can possibly write the alphabet, too.

There's a reason why so many nonspeaking people use devices with pictures or words or alphabets to type from. It's so much easier to type or point than to form letters with a pencil.

MOO

There was a similar case in Gatesville, TX a few years ago with a young man found wandering. His saving communication was that he remembered the name of his teacher who he had not seen in years. She was located and able to identify him. After this, his home was found, and he was found to have been living in very poor conditions with his father who was critically ill and who did pass away after being hospitalized. I wondered if this Midland case is similar with his caregiver incapacited in some way. After Special Needs Man Was Found Wandering the Streets Without a Family, His Former Teacher Took Him In

Last edited:
He could be from anywhere. While searching on NamUs, I'm not putting a certain state in the search parameters. I want to look at every young missing black male out there.

Midland is on I-20.

Between El Paso & Dallas/Fort Worth on the most direct route between those cities.

This young man could indeed be from anywhere.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Northgrund
Back