Identified! TX - Midland, living Male, 13-17, can't communicate his name, found near Ward & Shandon, 30 Jan 2023 - Cordarius Lashun Pegues

Do you believe he was deliberately transported/left in this area due to that care home and special apartment complex?
Maybe someone within the vicinity knew of these services.
If he was left somewhere, I don't think it's the same location he was found in. He probably wandered around for a while before someone noticed. I wonder if video canvassing has been fruitful for LE? There are quite a few businesses in the area where he was found, and I'm sure some of the houses in the area he was found have ring doorbells. JMO IMO.

Somebody out there HAS to know of somebody who had a disabled young-adult man living with them, and he's not there any more.

I have a relative who is autistic and mentally challenged, and the older she gets, the more apparent it is that she will never live independently, although she is verbal (she functions at about a 10- to 12-year-old level). I fear something like this happening to her.

Somebody out there HAS to know of somebody who had a disabled young-adult man living with them, and he's not there any more.

I have a relative who is autistic and mentally challenged, and the older she gets, the more apparent it is that she will never live independently, although she is verbal (she functions at about a 10- to 12-year-old level). I fear something like this happening to her.

Please participate when the agency involved holds her annual planning meeting.

Decades ago I had adult clients within such an agency. Some of the toughest meetings -- were pre-meetings scheduled with adult siblings who needed to be told that their 86 year old parent was no longer the ideal legal guardian for their disabled adult sibling.

This was in a state where a successor guardian (or change of guardian) must happen prior to the death/incapacitation of the guardian -- or the individual became a ward of the State, and any family members would have to hire a lawyer to regain custody.

While being billed for care, and unable to legally receive information about the disabled adult because they were not the guardian.

Help your relative's immediate family know about transition planning, please.

Is your relative still involved in public school, a workshop situation, Vocational Rehabilitation? Those agencies can help with transition planning, housing arrangements, other services.

Best wishes & thank you for caring about your relative!

Perhaps his caregiver aged out and next of kin is unable to assume care so he was dropped off in an area where it was hoped he would get immediate, free state care. Maybe? Tragic and desperate both?

Jmo

Too bad his case hasn't been given nation-wide attention. Maybe some recall that little blonde girl found in Greece a few years ago who couldn't explain who she was; her case made it to CNN. Sigh. But I do think LE is trying their best for Cordarius.

My current theory is that his family are somewhat recent immigrants to the U.S.

Too bad his case hasn't been given nation-wide attention. Maybe some recall that little blonde girl found in Greece a few years ago who couldn't explain who she was; her case made it to CNN. Sigh. But I do think LE is trying their best for Cordarius.

So this would be even more terrifying for him, if he understands.
Nation wide attention certainly couldn’t hurt. Wonder why that hasn’t happened?

What has brought you to that conclusion?

The blond Greek Roma child, Maria, gained international attention because
- some of the gutter press like to stoke hatred against Roma and gypsies; allegations of child snatching by gypsies is an old prejudice
- it came only a few short years after Madeleine McCann disappeared
- it fed into the Ben Needham story

None of these cases apply to this one; it just doesn't link into another big hot button topic. A variant on missing white woman syndrome is probably relevant too.

I agree this boy deserves more attention, unfortunately it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. I thought about the recent immigrants theory too, but ruled it out because of the name Cordarius. After pretty extensive research on the name, I concluded that it is a created name from African-American culture. It might derive from the name Darius, which dates back to a Persian king, but the addition of Cor to the front of it is strictly American. Some families add an apostrophe to it - Cor’Darius.

I agree this boy deserves more attention, unfortunately it doesn’t look like that’s going to happen. I thought about the recent immigrants theory too, but ruled it out because of the name Cordarius. After pretty extensive research on the name, I concluded that it is a created name from African-American culture. It might derive from the name Darius, which dates back to a Persian king, but the addition of Cor to the front of it is strictly American. Some families add an apostrophe to it - Cor’Darius.
I immediately thought of the Caribbean. Don’t know why. But maybe that could tie into some African culture, not necessarily American. Nothing to base it on, just a thought.

I immediately thought of the Caribbean. Don’t know why. But maybe that could tie into some African culture, not necessarily American. Nothing to base it on, just a thought.
That was one of my first thought too. So I researched it. The name isn’t showing up as Caribbean or African. It is used among the black population in the US. It’s an American creation.

That was one of my first thought too. So I researched it. The name isn’t showing up as Caribbean or African. It is used among the black population in the US. It’s an American creation.
Just jumping off your post to suggest DNA. Funding would be needed, maybe, but it might help at least discover any family he has & unravel the story?

I know my suggestion has limitations, too, but I think he was abandoned by someone who is long gone & not local.

JMO

I came across a family that appears to have two members named Cordarius. I'm not sure how much I am allowed to post about their info (newbie here) but am going to submit a tip.
Welcome Random_rando! Please don’t post the info here. If you think it’s relevant, feel free to submit the info. I‘ve found several men with the name, but none of them seem to connect to Midland, Texas or this boy.

Just jumping off your post to suggest DNA. Funding would be needed, maybe, but it might help at least discover any family he has & unravel the story?

I know my suggestion has limitations, too, but I think he was abandoned by someone who is long gone & not local.

JMO
They are already running his DNA to check against the missing persons databases. It might take genealogical research to trace family and I doubt they’ll put that many resources into finding his family.

Welcome Random_rando! Please don’t post the info here. If you think it’s relevant, feel free to submit the info. I‘ve found several men with the name, but none of them seem to connect to Midland, Texas or this boy.
Thank you! They've probably already been ruled out but I submitted the info to the Midland Crimestoppers page. At any rate, here's hoping this youngster is identified and settled in his permanent home soon.

I found it surprising earlier when people said they had never heard of the name before. I grew up around Detroit and I know of more than a handful of people named Cordarius.

I’m worried this will be another case of Michigans living Jane Doe though. A woman woke up in the hospital and couldn’t remember who she was. She goes by “China Black” but has also used the names “CJ Jones” “Joynez Jackson” She’s a double amputee and is missing a pinkie so she’s pretty identifiable but no one has come forward with knowing who she is. I’m assuming LE suspected she was abandoned by family or caretakers because they specified later on that no one would be criminally responsible if they stepped forward.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA
Back