TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, 2022 *arrest* #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
From the article:

[…]

After this interrogation ordeal, as Cofer tells it, Armstrong awoke the morning of May 13 to find vandalism at her home, which was very disorienting.

So now the alleged vandalism occurred on the night of the 12th/early morning on the 13th? Didn't his prepared statement outside of the courtroom say it happened the same night that Mo was murdered?

As an aside, there's no way I'd even be able to sleep after such an "ordeal" if I was innocent, but that's just me.

From the article:

[…]

After this interrogation ordeal, as Cofer tells it, Armstrong awoke the morning of May 13 to find vandalism at her home, which was very disorienting. Cofer asks the public to imagine living through these two days, “Not knowing you were safe; not knowing what role, if any, the people in your life may have played in the death of Mo Wilson. Imagine the fear and terror, but most importantly the shock, that Kait Armstrong had to feel. It makes a lot of sense that she would want to be with family [in New York].”
Wait.. she woke up to vandalism? Meaning she slept through it?

At least now we have her admission that she went to see her sister in New York. Did shock make her “steal” the passport - and try to fake her identity? :rolleyes:

And it begins…so “Kait” was in a state of shock, but had the wear with all to sell her car, borrow (??) someone’s passport, hop a plan to Costa Rica, get a nose job, etc., etc.

Looks like Teal is charging $5K an interview…how many has he done now?
BBM
From the article: "The Chronicle reached Akerson, who offered an interview for $5,000, which we declined."

CLASSY. She really knows how to pick 'em! Lol
MOO

Charging $5,000 for an interview isn't good for his credibility as a witness during the trial.
I don’t think old Teal has much to offer as a witness so no big loss there!

So as to the latest from the defense, ooh “Kait” was led handcuffed past her neighbors, how shocking and upsetting! And it must have been disorienting indeed to learn a Jeep matching hers in all details such as roof rack etc was caught on camera parked right by the murder location at the murder time. A real head spinner and then waking up to vandalism, a bummer. Can’t wait to hear what the nature of this vandalism was…

This article includes a photo of KA being questioned by Austin police in an interrogation room

“The documents filed on Wednesday, Aug. 17, lay out why attorneys believe the affidavit’s evidence is misleading. Armstrong’s attorneys claim it included “incorrect descriptions” of Armstrong’s actions and statements, a “vague and incomplete description” of the offense location, “incorrect and unconfirmed timestamps” from surveillance footage, and statements from an anonymous caller who was “not credible.” Her attorneys also allege the affidavit “relies on a refuted theory of jealousy.”

^^rsbm

Wow-- just imagine allegedly spending 9 hours being interrogated for murder but it's your cray, cray, jealous girlfriend that flees the country on a stolen passport and changes her appearance not to be detected.

Good try, defense. Pass go and collect $200..... ;)

I think Cofer is trying to turn the society’s opinion against CS because C’s behavior was far from open in this story. However, it is somewhat late. In the beginning, the Internet community was judgmental towards CS. But now, after god knows how much money being spent on Marshals’ job, canvassing Costa Rica, plastic surgery, stolen passports, Buddy Teal, and finally, Grand Botox Larceny, no one cares about moral values of CS. Vandalism? Perhaps a coyote peed in a backyard, or something equally “disorienting”, sorry.

@SteveP @steeltowngirl @RickshawFan

New interrogation footage from KVUE​

Kaitlin Armstrong’s Attorneys Suggest Police Lied to Arrest Her​

New defense motions raise questions in high-profile murder​

This article includes a photo of KA being questioned by Austin police in an interrogation room

“The documents filed on Wednesday, Aug. 17, lay out why attorneys believe the affidavit’s evidence is misleading. Armstrong’s attorneys claim it included “incorrect descriptions” of Armstrong’s actions and statements, a “vague and incomplete description” of the offense location, “incorrect and unconfirmed timestamps” from surveillance footage, and statements from an anonymous caller who was “not credible.” Her attorneys also allege the affidavit “relies on a refuted theory of jealousy.”

Also from this article -

Armstrong's attorney claims evidence was obtained with an "illegal arrest warrant." They also claim that APD illegally interrogated Armstrong because they did not read her Miranda rights.

BBM

Let me go on the record and say how glad I am that some clueless stoner surfer from Costa Rica did not offer details of my [nonexistent] dating/sex life to a reputable American newspaper for $5,000.

I get that we are talking about far bigger issues. But still.
Yuck.
I agree. We’ve needed a bit of engaging soap opera fun for a couple of weeks now. And it’s so cliché of KA to go for a tropical vacation short-term “boyfriend” (for all she may have parried him, she could have declined the sunset-on-the-beach date altogether?). Quite delicious IMO.

And he kinda low-balled don't you think? I mean, we’re in serious inflationary times these days. :cool:

BBM
Claims by the anonymous caller were never going to be used in court. KA's reputed furious anger and supposed desire to kill MW is hearsay at its worst. It may have happened but unless the reporting person can be found & cross-examined, it simply is a no-go. Including it in the publicly released affidavit was prejudicial.

There's enough good evidence without it, anyway. Hopefully, the prosecution has something more than the damning circumstantial evidence to ensure conviction.

MOO

Last edited:
Also from this article -

Armstrong's attorney claims evidence was obtained with an "illegal arrest warrant." They also claim that APD illegally interrogated Armstrong because they did not read her Miranda rights.

BBM
This is the most serious obstacle IMO. Police academy course 101. Murderers have gone free on the basis of failure to do this one thing. I have grave concerns.

Any lawyers on the thread who can give insight?

TIA & JMO

I agree. We’ve needed a bit of engaging soap opera fun for a couple of weeks now. And it’s so cliché of KA to go for a tropical vacation short-term “boyfriend” (for all she may have parried him, she could have declined the sunset-on-the-beach date altogether?). Quite delicious IMO.

And he kinda low-balled don't you think? I mean, we’re in serious inflationary times these days. :cool:
Total lowball AND this guy was so clueless that he didn’t realize a reputable publication would never pay $0.01!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member