TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022 #2

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s really a slap in the face to Moriah’s family. I was sure that with her many weeks on the run she’d be designated a flight risk. I wish Moriah’s family would petition the court and speak to the DA’s office about revoking bond ——unfortunately, they seem to be very quiet, withdrawn people who are more heartbroken than angry.

I'm guessing that the DA's office has been in touch pretty much daily with MW's family since KA was arrested in Costa Rica, keeping them in the loop and explaining procedures to them when they are able to do so. And they probably have a victim's assistance person assigned to them that MW's family can reach when they have questions. Perhaps the DA has assured them that once KA is back in custody in the U.S. and appears before the court, there will be motions made to revoke bond and keep her in custody, and that her federal charges will help assure that. Just some thoughts. But I do think MW's family are very much engaged right now.

In the Daily Mail article, it said she was going by the name of "Ari" at the hostel.

Sorry if someone already posted but…What’s interesting……don Jon’s just posted their yoga schedule 4 days ago and look who’s teaching Saturday and Sunday mornings? Arie. Also the Only one of the yoga instructors NOT to have an insta handle shared on that post.

That's actually interesting, because while I think at one point I read that that was a joint endeavor between them, how joint? On paper legally, or just that they had an understanding that she'd do the books and website and he'd perform other aspects, and because they shared the same house, did she actually get paid a salary or did they just jointly reap the benefits of a sale?

There will probably be civil court case(s) to sort out is KAs and what is CSs in terms of their business enterprises and furnishings, etc. after 3 years of livng and working together, unless they had something in writing, which I doubt they did. It's possible that they could come to an agreement through a third party such as an attorney, but somehow I doubt it. I wonder if KA paid some of the rent at their house, or if it was owned by CS, did she put money into repairs, etc. and will she try to get some of the money back.

I am sure it will get complicated, but maybe CS will just agree to most of the terms to get it all resolved.

Maybe she'll hole up in Lockhart, where she may have a financial interest in a travel trailer?

I don't know how far away from Austin this is, and she may want to be closer to the city to meet with her attorneys, etc. Also, I am sure CS has equity in the travel trailer, so I doubt she would have easy claims on it at this point.

I wonder if her sister would return to Austin to help KA with expenses. If I were CA's attorney, I would advise her against this for now, until CA knows about any charges made against her, she needs to protect herself right now. If she wants to help KA, perhaps she can find KA some work on her websites and platforms.

That's actually interesting, because while I think at one point I read that that was a joint endeavor between them, how joint? On paper legally, or just that they had an understanding that she'd do the books and website and he'd perform other aspects, and because they shared the same house, did she actually get paid a salary or did they just jointly reap the benefits of a sale?
Both KA and CS are managing members of the LLC, so it seems they have equal ownership. KA is listed as the Registered Agent.

I don't understand how a known flight risk who is being charged with murder and has already shown she will fly using someone else's passport could be released on bond. Can the judge revoke it when she makes her first court appearance?

There will probably be civil court case(s) to sort out is KAs and what is CSs in terms of their business enterprises and furnishings, etc. after 3 years of livng and working together, unless they had something in writing, which I doubt they did. It's possible that they could come to an agreement through a third party such as an attorney, but somehow I doubt it. I wonder if KA paid some of the rent at their house, or if it was owned by CS, did she put money into repairs, etc. and will she try to get some of the money back.

I am sure it will get complicated, but maybe CS will just agree to most of the terms to get it all resolved.
Right? Good ole agreeable CS. NOT.

He won't be walking away from any assets he can possibly retain IMO.

After all, she blew up his life (in his mind). Innocent "bystanders" deserve justice, too!

JMO

Both KA and CS are managing members of the LLC, so it seems they have equal ownership. KA is listed as the Registered Agent.

I wonder what Texas laws are regarding common-law (there may be a new legal term for this) marriages and how things will get sorted out between KA and CS regarding things related to their domestic life. Their business partnerships will probably be more clear in terms of state law.

Sorry if someone already posted but…What’s interesting……don Jon’s just posted their yoga schedule 4 days ago and look who’s teaching Saturday and Sunday mornings? Arie. Also the Only one of the yoga instructors NOT to have an insta handle shared on that post.
Om...I think Don Jon might want to start looking for another teacher. Karma bit Arie in the Arsie. And here is a screenshot of the posted schedule...

1656792190924.png

Last edited:
I don't know how far away from Austin this is, and she may want to be closer to the city to meet with her attorneys, etc. Also, I am sure CS has equity in the travel trailer, so I doubt she would have easy claims on it at this point.

I wonder if her sister would return to Austin to help KA with expenses. If I were CA's attorney, I would advise her against this for now, until CA knows about any charges made against her, she needs to protect herself right now. If she wants to help KA, perhaps she can find KA some work on her websites and platforms.
Lockhart is only 30 min away. And there may be more than one trailer. But I hope work & home are the last things she needs to worry about. Jail food. Yikes!

Lockhart is only 30 min away. And there may be more than one trailer. But I hope work & home are the last things she needs to worry about. Jail food. Yikes!

I think an Austin correctional facility might provide vegan and vegetarian meals to inmates on a special diet. Don't know if KA is a vegan or vegetarian, but that might be the case.

Arie! Is that short for Arias? As in Jodie? KIDDING!

I'm guessing that the DA's office has been in touch pretty much daily with MW's family since KA was arrested in Costa Rica, keeping them in the loop and explaining procedures to them when they are able to do so. And they probably have a victim's assistance person assigned to them that MW's family can reach when they have questions. Perhaps the DA has assured them that once KA is back in custody in the U.S. and appears before the court, there will be motions made to revoke bond and keep her in custody, and that her federal charges will help assure that. Just some thoughts. But I do think MW's family are very much engaged right now.
Hopefully, yes. Yes, they must be….

Was just checking out DonJons on IG - so many beautiful photos. Lots of beautiful young and fit people there. They even feature different yoga instructors on their platform and are very active in posting interviews and photos. It’s so strange KA choose this place because it’s so visible and not remote.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FOGLIGHTINVESTIGATIONS