TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
Texas Deputy US Marshal Brandon Filla told The Post that because of Armstrong’s background in flipping houses, the suspect “may have the funds to continue to hide.”

“[Armstrong’s escape] wasn’t something that was abrupt, this was something that was methodical, that was timed. She had somewhat of a plan,” he said.
Filla said that Armstrong may have been “spooked” as the investigation intensified.

Investigators are looking into what relations Armstrong may have in New York City and who, if anyone, she may be staying with.

Deputy U.S. Marshal Brandon Filla confirmed to Cyclingnews on Wednesday, that they have not yet located Armstrong's whereabouts beyond their most recent lead that indicates she arrived at LaGuardia Airport on May 14.

“From that point, right now, we do not know, any further, as far as her leaving the airport or how she got transportation, or anything like that. We just believe right now, when we learn that information we are able to confirm that information. In the meantime, while we gather all our investigation efforts, and put it together, we reach out to the public because we may generate another tip that maybe some one has seen her, maybe they gave her some type of transportation, such as a ride-share programme, so that’s why we are hoping to generate something,” Filla told Cyclingnews.
At this time, she left on [May 14] and the arrest warrant was issued on [May 17] so now we are finally getting to the point where we’ve tracked that direction of travel and it has led us up to the northeast coast, so that’s all we know right now.”

From

Texas Deputy US Marshal Brandon Filla told The Post that because of Armstrong’s background in flipping houses, the suspect “may have the funds to continue to hide.”

“[Armstrong’s escape] wasn’t something that was abrupt, this was something that was methodical, that was timed. She had somewhat of a plan,” he said.
Filla said that Armstrong may have been “spooked” as the investigation intensified.

Investigators are looking into what relations Armstrong may have in New York City and who, if anyone, she may be staying with.

This is incredibly interesting IMO. With all the vetting here, a methodical plan doesn’t seem so obvious. There is seems to clearly be more that LE has to evaluate.

Some of these cycling news publications are really doing a lot of reporting on this and interviewing LE officials— more from US Marshals:

Asked if there is a possibility that Armstrong is no longer in the US, Filla said, “Anything is possible at this point.” “We originally focused our investigation here in Austin, until we had some kind of facts leading us outside of Austin. We got those facts, we were able to confirm that yesterday evening [May 23], so now we know. What is she capable of doing now? We don’t know. All we can do is follow her trail and hope to catch up with her.
“Could she go into another country? Absolutely. You’ve got to remember that the time she travelled, based on the evidence that has been shown so far, she was not wanted at that time [May 14] because the [arrest] warrant wasn’t issued until the 17th. She could have [used her passport] and she could have said, ‘you know what? I’m going on a vacation, see ya.’ She could have gone anywhere. She could have gone to Canada.”

Other thoughts....based on she flew under her name.
How did she get to the airport? Uber - if so, she has a digital trail by credit card.
When did she book the flight? Prior to May 11 or after?
How did she pay for the flight? i.e. follow the money trail

I was thinking about where she stayed the night of May 14th, perhaps it was in a hotel near the airport and she took a hotel shuttle bus to the airport. I assume LE are looking into this possibility.

It sickens me that APD didn't have surveillance on this woman. Their lack of urgency makes me feel like they don't care about Moriah at all.

Also, there's no way she flew under a fake name. You have to have valid identification to get through security. We flew a temp worker from Mexico last year and I had his two last names incorrectly listed as middle, last, and they wouldn't let him through security. Even though all of the names were listed on his passport. Airport security is serious since 9/11.

While this was going on, the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force discovered that Armstrong had an open misdemeanor warrant on a theft of services charge.
It's surprising to me that she was hired recently as a real estate agent while she had an open warrant out on her. I would think that most agencies would do background checks of their realtors, given that they have access to client's homes, financial information, etc.

It's surprising to me that she was hired recently as a real estate agent while she had an open warrant out on her. I would think that most agencies would do background checks of their realtors, given that they have access to client's homes, financial information, etc.
The wrong birthdate might have disconnected it from KA.

It sickens me that APD didn't have surveillance on this woman. Their lack of urgency makes me feel like they don't care about Moriah at all.

Also, there's no way she flew under a fake name. You have to have valid identification to get through security. We flew a temp worker from Mexico last year and I had his two last names incorrectly listed as middle, last, and they wouldn't let him through security. Even though all of the names were listed on his passport. Airport security is serious since 9/11.
I’m kind of gobsmacked they thought she was in Austin up to a few days ago.

KA looks different in every photo. The new photo above in the cycling outfit looks nothing like her other photos. I would have never guessed that was the same person. Even her nose looks different. I hope Authorities will release more photos because I still don’t know what she really looks like. And her hair appears red to me. Flaming red - not brown or blond.

He had access to both guns so it's not definitive that she wasn't trying to frame him.
JMO

It's only his word that they there were his and hers guns as he also claimed to control both guns, which make them seem more like they were both his BBM:
The male cyclist, the affidavit said, told police he and the woman he lives with had purchased their handguns at McBride’s gun store in Austin. He stated that he usually keeps the gun inside a case in the residence and has never shot it. He said he has two different types of ammunition, which he described as practice ammunition and “kill” ammunition.
I'm wondering if local LE gave him leading questions, like KA might have been trying to frame him but because of how he was asked questions CS said the gun in question belonged to her. The only proof any of the guns were KA's is coming from CS and he bought them both and controlled where they were.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member