TX - Moriah Wilson, 25, prized cyclist, fatally shot before race, Austin, May 2022

Status
Not open for further replies.
If her father last talked to her on May 19, I hope they are collecting data from her parents' phones, bank accounts, etc. I bet they know her plans and where she is.

@NOLAScottie asked some questions that really need answers, too. I guess LE has been holding back what they know, maybe with good cause. But if she committed this crime and she's out of the U.S., they seem lacking in due diligence, IMO.

I'm still not convinced KA is their only suspect.

JMO

If her father last talked to her on May 19, I hope they are collecting data from her parents' phones, bank accounts, etc. I bet they know her plans and where she is.

@NOLAScottie asked some questions that really need answers, too. I guess LE has been holding back what they know, maybe with good cause. But if she committed this crime and she's out of the U.S., they seem lacking in due diligence, IMO.

I'm still not convinced KA is their only suspect.

JMO
It is hard to speculate in regard to this kind of situation generally but honestly, it feels like this is a circumstance that would be difficult to develop absent some assistance to KA whether it be financial, misdirection or some other kind of assistance to help a commercial flight some 11 days ago remain obscured. It just wouldn't stand to much reason that LE would not immediately announce that she was known to have travelled to NYC that long ago IMO.

I hadn't thought much of this before as I thought KA had committed suicide, but seeing how she's actually been on the run, spoken to her father and has evaded local LE and now the US Marshall I am wondering things. If she was so good to evade detection and arrange a flight out of state (if not the country), why did she leave the apparent murder weapon behind?...She's shown that she can think about things, so I don't understand how she could miss getting rid of the key piece of evidence but get on a flight to NY. I do for instance wonder if she's working on hiring a lawyer right now and will come back to essentially say "I'm a stalker but not a murderer" once she has her defense lined up though I think she's probably trying to get out of the country if she hasn't already.

Last edited:
I hadn't thought much of this before as I thought KA had committed suicide, but seeing how she's actually been on the run, spoken to her father and has evaded local LE and now the US Marshall I am wondering things. If she was so good to evade detection and arrange a flight out of state (if not the country), why did she leave the apparent murder weapon behind?...She's shown that she can think about things, so I don't understand how she could miss getting rid of the key piece of evidence but get on a flight to NY. I do for instance wonder if she's working on hiring a lawyer right now and will come back to essentially say "I'm a stalker but not a murderer" once she has her defense lined up though I think she's probably trying to get out of the country if she hasn't already.
I have been thinking about this as well. It seems that until she was picked up on the warrant and questions within 24 hours of the incident (per the previously posted Affidavit and Application for Arrest Warrant), KA only confirmed a general understanding that a woman in the "cycling community" had been killed. (I don't think the story had hit the news by the 12th so how she knew that would be from limited sources and likely CS and the police appearance at the home.) So if KA was in fact the responsible person for the shooting, then she may have remained under the belief she had successfully made it appear as a robbery as of her questioning on the 12th, right? At that point, it stands to reason she likely would have returned the gun to make it appear as if it never left. While CS was being questioned at the stating, again per the warrant, the search warrant was executed and the gun was retrieved. May have been no chance to get rid of it after she learned the ruse was up if that was in fact what she was up to. All three events appear concurrent or very proximate in the Affidavit - the questioning of CS, the search of the residence and the apprehension and questioning of KA. It does seem like there may have been a little time between CS being first engaged at his home and the execution of the (apparently invalid) warrant as to KA but by then, it would really highlight potential guilt and create great risk to dispose of the gun, right? Obviously there remains speculation here but it does beg the question as to what was happening with KA from her release on the 12th and her leaving on the 14th headed to NYC. Moreover, even if planned ahead of time, the thought KA may have "planned" an exit ahead of time as a contingency plan to leave the Austin area is kind of thwarted when one considers she returned the gun to the home. If KA did indeed do this and it was so well thought out, wouldn't getting rid of the gun immediately be the only option if it was used in the incident? By the time they got to the point of searching their home, if it was used, it would have been connected and her plan to take off would happen anyway. These known facts seem to point to the idea that if she did in fact do this, it seems less likely it was thoroughly planned out ahead of time and KA was reacting as things became known.

US Marshals release surveillance pics of Kaitlin Armstrong— fugitive flew to NYC La Guardia airport just days after homicide

I have been thinking about this as well. It seems that until she was picked up on the warrant and questions within 24 hours of the incident (per the previously posted Affidavit and Application for Arrest Warrant), KA only confirmed a general understanding that a woman in the "cycling community" had been killed. (I don't think the story had hit the news by the 12th so how she knew that would be from limited sources and likely CS and the police appearance at the home.) So if KA was in fact the responsible person for the shooting, then she may have remained under the belief she had successfully made it appear as a robbery as of her questioning on the 12th, right? At that point, it stands to reason she likely would have returned the gun to make it appear as if it never left. While CS was being questioned at the stating, again per the warrant, the search warrant was executed and the gun was retrieved. May have been no chance to get rid of it after she learned the ruse was up if that was in fact what she was up to. All three events appear concurrent or very proximate in the Affidavit - the questioning of CS, the search of the residence and the apprehension and questioning of KA. It does seem like there may have been a little time between CS being first engaged at his home and the execution of the (apparently invalid) warrant as to KA but by then, it would really highlight potential guilt and create great risk to dispose of the gun, right? Obviously there remains speculation here but it does beg the question as to what was happening with KA from her release on the 12th and her leaving on the 14th headed to NYC. Moreover, even if planned ahead of time, the thought KA may have "planned" an exit ahead of time as a contingency plan to leave the Austin area is kind of thwarted when one considers she returned the gun to the home. If KA did indeed do this and it was so well thought out, wouldn't getting rid of the gun immediately be the only option if it was used in the incident? By the time they got to the point of searching their home, if it was used, it would have been connected and her plan to take off would happen anyway. These known facts seem to point to the idea that if she did in fact do this, it seems less likely it was thoroughly planned out ahead of time and KA was reacting as things became known.

Yes, there is a lot of this that makes a great deal of sense about her behaviours.

As of May 12, she had made it through a police interrogation without being fingerprinted or DNA tested. Perhaps some false sense of security that they were looking elsewhere for a perp based on her muted responses.

The choice of removing or leaving the gun would also seem to be taking the calculated move that LE would not test the gun if it was found at home, whereas a missing gun would bring the LE radar right back to her again.

LE will have her financial moves made in the 36-48 hour timespan and CS's statements about what happened at home after the discovery of the murder and his admission of deception. I'd think she may have thought to portray it as "leaving his cheating asp" and getting out of town to clear her head, when in reality she was going to be a fugitive from justice. Or perhaps he removed himself from their common abode and left her to her own devices.

Yes, there is a lot of this that makes a great deal of sense about her behaviours.

As of May 12, she had made it through a police interrogation without being fingerprinted or DNA tested. Perhaps some false sense of security that they were looking elsewhere for a perp based on her muted responses.

The choice of removing or leaving the gun would also seem to be taking the calculated move that LE would not test the gun if it was found at home, whereas a missing gun would bring the LE radar right back to her again.

LE will have her financial moves made in the 36-48 hour timespan and CS's statements about what happened at home after the discovery of the murder and his admission of deception. I'd think she may have thought to portray it as "leaving his cheating asp" and getting out of town to clear her head, when in reality she was going to be a fugitive from justice. Or perhaps he removed himself from their common abode and left her to her own devices.

The thing is if LE is executing a search warrant against you, it means you're on their radar. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by getting rid of the murder weapon. If you know MW was shot because you're the one who did it, she should have never brought it home. It for instance would stand to reason that the gun would be found if LE reasonably searched the place just because CS was the last person she was seen alive with without LE even suspecting KA where they could stumble on it accidentally. The only reason to bring the gun home would be to frame CS by using his gun, but she apparently used her own gun so wasn't trying to frame him.

The Austin police reveal that Armstrong was let go after the date of birth on her old arrest warrant did not match her date of birth in their system.​

But would have quickly been bonded out in all probability. So the error may not have prevented her apprehension on the murder warrant before she fled.

I'm surprised the US Marshals do not have her in cuffs as of this moment.

Where are you, KA?

MOO

The thing is if LE is executing a search warrant against you, it means you're on their radar. You have everything to gain and nothing to lose by getting rid of the murder weapon. If you know MW was shot because you're the one who did it, she should have never brought it home. It for instance would stand to reason that the gun would be found if LE reasonably searched the place just because CS was the last person she was seen alive with without LE even suspecting KA where they could stumble on it accidentally. The only reason to bring the gun home would be to frame CS by using his gun, but she apparently used her own gun so wasn't trying to frame him.
He had access to both guns so it's not definitive that she wasn't trying to frame him.
JMO

"In a press conference Wednesday, police officials said that their “report management system” showed Armstrong to have a birth date in April that did not match the date of birth on an unrelated misdemeanor warrant that police used to bring her in for questioning."

Has it been stated anywhere what the unrelated misdemeanor was?

While this was going on, the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force discovered that Armstrong had an open misdemeanor warrant on a theft of services charge.

Which one though? Hers or his? It just says "one of the guns."
In the arrest warrant, it says that CS stated KA's gun was the Sig-Sauer 9mm, which is the one that matched the shell cases (emphasis on cases, which suggests multiple shots were fired) found at the scene.

"In a press conference Wednesday, police officials said that their “report management system” showed Armstrong to have a birth date in April that did not match the date of birth on an unrelated misdemeanor warrant that police used to bring her in for questioning."

While this was going on, the Lone Star Fugitive Task Force discovered that Armstrong had an open misdemeanor warrant on a theft of services charge.
THEFT OF SERVICE
Theft of Service is considered a Class B Misdemeanor if the value of the services stolen is more than $100 but less than $750. Class B Misdemeanor crimes are punishable by up to 180 days in jail and/or a fine up to $2,000

Source: Austin Theft of Service Lawyer | Travis County Theft of Service Attorney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shimona