TX - Moriah Wilson, Cyclist Fatally Shot Before Race, Austin, #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wonder what the reason is for KA not to be appearing at the 7/20/22 hearing. I’ve never seen a defendant not be present at the initial arraignment to enter their plea before the judge.
An attorney can file a motion where the defendant does not have to appear. Her attorney will enter the plea for her. He’s probably trying to keep KA out of sight to the public is my guess.

How many times have we heard, "we were on a break?"

IMO it's not a break if the sheets are still warm.

IMO it's not a break unless both parties know it.

I don't know the status of their relationship, at its best or its worst, but it looks like it had a lot of entanglements (living together, working together). Great if it works, challenging if it doesn't. Can't slam the door and walk away if you have real estate, businesses, projects in common.
I wonder if KA hadn't made the decision to leave the relationship, even romanticizing the seeya with the fairytale of herself living the dream on a beach, solo.

I could be wrong but I get the feeling that KA acted out of vengeance -- pure passive-aggressive vengeance. She may have started thinking the victim was an interloper, only recently discovering she herself was being played. So how to hit him where it hurts? Take away both women. Maniacally passive in regard to him, viciously aggressive in execution.

I think what we're seeing on her stone face is smugness. I think she thinks they got what they deserved.

Leaving her to wipe her hands of them both and start her new life of "zen". She's a poser. An shape shifting embodiment of arrogance, entitlement, narcissism, confidence, delusion, retribution...

Beautiful on the outside, fed the ugly inside.

JMO

I think she is probably crashing from a 43 + days of adrenaline high and I think she looks despondent, I wouldn't be surprised if now that she isn't on the run anymore she is feeling remorse and depression.

Very true. They’d been swimming, but obviously probably had a dry set of clothes that could have contained her dna and hair on them.

On the way to the pool MW would have had to hold on to CS while on the motorcycle, same as on the way back and to and from their dinner together. CS lives with KA and DNA and hair could be on his clothes, and then transferred to MW.

On the way to the pool MW would have had to hold on to CS while on the motorcycle, same as on the way back and to and from their dinner together. CS lives with KA and DNA and hair could be on his clothes, and then transferred to MW.
That’s true. And because she sold the vehicle and it took LE so long to find it, there can be no solid forensic evidence from it also.

Very true, but I was thinking of them being in a chlorinated pool swimming and some of that DNA and hair transfer being washed away while swimming. But they probably each had a dry set of cloths they changed into and CS could have had KA DNA and hair attached to the change of clothing…not to mention KA DNA on the bike itself.

I toss this around in my head often - did she knock on the door and push her way in and shoot Moriah immediately, or did Moriah just let her in willingly. I know it makes no difference, but I can’t help but think of the fear Moriah had and if she crawled to the bathroom or did KA shoot her in there. I’m hoping KA left a finger print inside the apartment, DNA and hair. I think about Moriah’s friend too - who had to find her friend like that. She’ll be traumatized by that forever. I’m well up there in age now that I never answer my own door without looking at my camera first. Part of it is because I live in a downtown somewhat busy and diverse area - homes, businesses, restaurants, train tracks (which homeless seem to congregate, but also - you just never know who or what could be on the other side of that door. Ring doorbells people. Cameras. Be safe.

I can see KA barging in if she knew CC wasn't home (maybe in KA's earlier stalking she took note of CC's car and if was gone that night she'd know Mo was alone) or knocking on the door and asking to talk if she needed to suss out the situation first.

In my mind, I always picture Mo running to the safety of the bathroom (can lock the door). I am curious if she was shot in the front or the back. I believe they've only reported that it was the torso.

I wonder what the reason is for KA not to be appearing at the 7/20/22 hearing. I’ve never seen a defendant not be present at the initial arraignment to enter their plea before the judge.
I think it may be because the process already happened once. Isn't that when you get the bail terms and all? She already has that.

See, I'm thinking maybe MW texted CS the code to get in the door of the apartment ... and KA saw it on CS's phone!

If you're suggesting KA could have used the code to unlock the door after 8:37 (which is when her vehicle was seen pulling up next to the house), it would have triggered another alert to CC's phone. As far as we know, it was just the 8:36 unlocking.

Granted LE didn't necessarily put everything into the warrant affidavit but that would be a juicy fact that I don't think they'd omit.

I think it may be because the process already happened once. Isn't that when you get the bail terms and all? She already has that.
Yes, but the plea is usually entered with your lawyer next to you, and in headline cases, it’s usually televised. I guess hers wasn’t. :(

Yes, but the plea is usually entered with your lawyer next to you, and in headline cases, it’s usually televised. I guess hers wasn’t. :(
Not always. I have some experience with this as a victim. My perpetrator was only present (via video from the jail) for the arraignment hearing the day after he was charged and up until two years later when he accepted a plea bargain and appeared in court. For over 12 hearings, only his attorney was there to represent him because his attorney filed a motion that he would be speaking on behalf of my perpetrator.

I wonder what we will learn new in today's presser? I don't really expect to, but top of my wish list, I would love to hear definitively, whose passport KA used to get to Costa Rica, and if anyone else may be charged in connection to that. JMO

Last edited:
Not always. I have some experience with this as a victim. My perpetrator was only present (via video from the jail) for the arraignment hearing the day after he was charged and up until two years later when he accepted a plea bargain and appeared in court. For over 12 hearings, only his attorney was there to represent him because his attorney filed a motion that he would be speaking on behalf of my perpetrator.
I’m sorry to hear that. :(

I wonder what we will learn new in today's presser? I don't really expect to, but top of my wish list is, I would love to hear definitively, whose passport KA used to get to Costa Rica, and if anyone else may be charged in connection to that. JMO
Exactly what I want to know. They claim to be giving new details, but…..we’ll see…

In this above linked video, one of the tv anchors states she spoke with US Marshalls last evening. The US Marshall office told her that most of the presser is going to be about thanking all the LE agencies who took part in this investigation and capture. The investigation is still ongoing, so I’m not sure if we will get much more information, but I can’t wait to hear what they have to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa