MISTRIAL TX - Nine dead, 20 injured in shootout at Waco bikers' meeting, 17 May 2015

Now DPS is reporting there are new and active threats against high-ranking police (and I think they said families) as retaliation for the killing of "their brothers." Grenades, etc. I think Sgt. Swanton and family need to go away for a nice, long weekend somewhere. But, I know he won't. I know his wife, and his daughter is new to Waco PD.

DPS really is the best when it comes to intel on gangs in Texas. I trust their intel even more than FBI, JMO.

This now, may indeed, impact our agency's work and plans/schedule this weekend. Until now, it hadn't affected us.

ETA: This article says they can't confirm if the threat is one of the older ones, or a new one. We will have to confirm with DPS today, so we know what we're up against for our weekend schedules.

http://www.kxxv.com/story/29130518/biker-gang-shooting-new-threats-against-officers

I certainly hope that all LE & innocent citizens stay safe this week-end!!

http://abc13.com/news/purple-heart-recipient-among-bikers-killed-in-waco-shooting/735986/

According to everything coming out in the news everybody seems to be "non-violent".

Is it just me? I seem to be sensing a behind the scenes push to cover this up or blame someone else. They are all non-violent, they just like to ride, they like the fellowship.

But no explantion for why so many weapons, no explanation for why the fight in the first place. And absolutely no mention of any tensions between the two gangs.

That's the mix we have here and yes it certainly makes for VERY interesting and fun times. :dance: I've been with the Patriot Guard for 8 years. Shed a lot of tears and smiled a lot of smiles. I can't think of a better way to spend my time riding.

http://kxan.com/2015/05/18/local-motorcycle-club-members-barely-missed-waco-shooting/

DeputyDawg I know you have been watching
for local involvement in the shootings. I didn't know if you had seen this.

Hmmmmmm, this gal is trying to appear all warm & fuzzy, but then goes on to say she wears Bandido colors & that Texas is a Bandido state. I must have missed something..........I thought Texas was the Lone Star State. If Texas is a Bandido state, I think I'm ready to move.:tantrum:

I think the media is "playing" this new threat stuff. SInce 911 we all have been put on all sorts of alerts. I have never comprehended what any of that means. Unless I can see a bullet coming toward my skull, I dont really know what we are on heightened alert even means. BUt it does let them keep running with the tale. MIght a person or two do something , sure, but that was possible Before as well no?

ANd media forgets that one of the big goals is to scare people.................

There is a tattoo shop in Norman, Oklahoma. They have a fb page called N***** Tattoo . ( idk if its ok to link ? ) Anyway, the owner says cops are not welcome and he won't give them tattoos but bikers get 25 % off. The facebook page is going crazy and now I wonder if it was a sneaky publicity stunt to drum up business? I did not see one comment in support of him. But tons of outraged posters. Interesting reading if anyone cares.

Richie died, then Diesel, then Dog: An eyewitness to the Waco biker brawl
By Tim Madigan and Kevin Sullivan
Washington Post/ May 23, 2015
http://www.washingtonpost.com/natio...db6436-1a8a-469b-9d6f-d2283234d281_story.html

"...In several interviews in recent days, the Cossack rider offered a different story. He said that the Cossacks were invited to the Twin Peaks patio that day — by a Bandido leader, who offered to make peace in a long-running feud between the two gangs. That invitation was a setup for an ambush, though, according to the Cossack. That’s why the dead included six Cossacks, one Scimitar (an ally of the Cossacks) and only two Bandidos..."

If eye-witness account is true, it sounds as if the Cossacks may have had good intentions of a truce and Bandidos instigated fighting/aggressors. How awful and scary it must have been for innocent by-standers dining in the restaurant, yikes. And it would be scary for Cossacks if they were ambushed too. Anyway, the truth will come out eventually as to what started this mess. Jmo/

Who shot who in Waco biker bloodbath? Mystery as witnesses say semi-automatic guns favored by POLICE did most of the shooting in contested accounts of battle

Nine died and 18 were injured in Waco, Texas, shootout on May 17

Witnesses to the gunfight say that semi-automatic fire dominated

Police carry semi-automatics and were involved in firefight

Only one semi-automatic fun has been identified from biker's 318 weapons

Waco police responded to implication that they fired most - saying witnesses had 'incorrect' account of events

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...e-dominated-biker-shootout.html#ixzz3cM9Kq8mW

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/secrecy-surrounds-waco-biker-shooutout-investigation/

WACO, Texas - The secrecy that enshrouds the investigation into a biker shootout in May that left nine people dead led to the mass-arrest of 177 people is hardly surprising in this city, where public scrutiny is rare and unwelcome.

On the banks of the Brazos River in Central Texas, Waco and the surrounding county are largely run by a close-knit circle of judges, prosecutors and law enforcement that defense lawyers complain leads local agencies to close ranks in the aftermath of this most recent calamity.

It's a city where a district judge and district attorney are former law partners, the mayor is the son of a former mayor, the sheriff comes from a long line of lawmen and Waco pioneers and the sheriff's brother is the district attorney's chief investigator.

Bikers and public watchdogs have criticized authorities here for how they've handled the investigation, citing the mass arrests in which people were held for days or weeks on $1 million bonds without sufficient evidence to support such actions four months after the shootings.

No formal charges have been made, and it remains unclear whose bullets, including police bullets, struck the dead and injured, or when cases will be presented to a grand jury, which is currently led by a Waco police detective.

"I don't know of any defense lawyer who hasn't looked at the facts of this case and gasped," said Grant Scheiner, a criminal defense attorney in Houston not connected to the bikers' case.

More at link...

I'm blown away by how easily people make assumptions and jump to conclusions.

This occurred in the middle of a busy shopping center area.The police have a lot of undercover informants in these particular Motorcycle Clubs who provided ample knowledge and possibly helped instigate.

The police knew plenty about this in advance and they could have diffused it so the civilians they are supposedly concerned about wouldn't have been at risk and no lives lost.(That's the way things were handled in years past before Police became militarized.)....Yes there was actually an armored personal carrier present before things went bad.

Waco Police and Swat/ATF snipers were present and in position on high ground (including rooftops) prior to the arrival of the Motorcyclists.

The Police claim the Clubs started fighting each other and shortly after that also directed fire at the Police. Really??? They were occupied fighting each other and randomly took a few shots at the Cops?

Most of the 9 deceased were hit by sniper style double tap head and upper body shots,in addition to that there were also a couple of dozen or more injured.

Darn near everyone in sight (170 or more people) wearing a patch or support t-shirt was arrested and thrown in jail including the Christian Motorcycle Association.

Motorcycles and other vehicles were impounded

Innocent people missed work,lost jobs,incurred legal expenses,ended up electronically monitored (including paying the expense for the ankle monitors) and suffered serious financial hardship including the loss of homes and vehicles.

Smartphones,even those of waitresses (including the possible video on them) were confiscated.Restaurant surveillance videos from Twin Peaks and other businesses are still being kept under wraps.

This production made Ferguson Missouri and Baltimore look like a Girlscout meetings.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/e9b3...reak-waco-police-bullets-hit-bikers-may-melee

FORT WORTH, Texas (AP) — Evidence reviewed by The Associated Press confirms that police bullets hit bikers in the deadly shootout involving two rival motorcycle clubs that clashed last spring outside a Waco restaurant, though it isn't clear whether those rifle shots caused any of the nine fatalities.

The AP reviewed more than 8,800 pages of evidence, including police reports, dash-cam video, photos and audio interviews related to the May 17 confrontation. The evidence offers the best insight yet into how the shootout unfolded. Four months later, authorities have released little information about what sparked the fight or how the gunfire played out, and no one has been charged with any of the deaths.

The evidence, which is expected to be presented to a grand jury, includes video footage of people fleeing the scene while shots ring out, audio of police threatening to shoot people if they rise from the ground and photos of bodies lying in pools of blood in the restaurant parking lot.

The gunfire erupted shortly before a meeting of a coalition of motorcycle clubs that advocates rider safety. At least 20 people were treated for g

More at link...

3202d77f.gif

The Untold Story of the Texas Biker Gang Shoot-Out
By Nathaniel Penn

The Twin Peaks chain is the most successful of America's post-Hooters wave of so-called breastaurants. (“Hooters,” the co-founder of Twin Peaks has said, “wasn't racy enough.”) Flirty waitresses wear skimpy mountaineering outfits: tiny khaki shorts, midriff-baring plaid shirts, climbing boots. A sign outside promises EATS • DRINKS • SCENIC VIEWS.

Though it had been open less than a year, the Twin Peaks in Waco was already a popular spot for Thursday Biker Nights. The Texas Confederation of Clubs and Independents—a kind of United Nations General Assembly for local motorcycle clubs—had never held its bimonthly meeting at Twin Peaks before, but the organization's state chairman was returning from a national convention, and he wanted to speak to as many Texas bikers as possible about various legislative initiatives. Waco is situated between Dallas and Austin, two of the most populous biker cities in Texas.

Afterward—after nine bikers were shot dead, 20 were wounded, and an unprecedented 177 people from at least five different clubs wound up in police custody—the Waco Police Department would claim that the bloodbath was triggered by the Bandidos and the Cossacks, a pair of rival “outlaw motorcycle gangs” (OMGs in law-enforcement vernacular), beefing over the things that OMGs tend to beef over: territory, respect. Months later, though, the Waco P.D. was still suppressing any video footage and ballistic analysis that could offer proof. Some of the 177 arrested (including four women) languished in jail for weeks, others for months, before they could afford to post bail. All of them, even guys who hid out in the bathroom while bullets flew, face up to 99 years in jail.

EYESR_zps1dff9e53.gif

GQ

Grand jury indicts 106 of 177 bikers arrested during deadly Waco shooting for engaging in organized criminal activity

McLennan County District Attorney Abel Reyna shared the news Tuesday

Said panel acted on 106 cases it was asked to consider related to incident

He said law enforcement agencies are still working on additional cases

Shootout between police and bikers at Twin Peaks restaurant was May 17

Nine people died and 20 were injured but no murder charges are filed yet

Conflict arose from confrontation between Bandidos and Cossacks clubs

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...rganized-criminal-activity.html#ixzz3rB74gTIr

Boom.

National leaders of the Bandidos biker gang were arrested Wednesday on charges accusing them of racketeering and waging a deadly "war" on the rival Cossacks gang, federal authorities said.

An indictment announced by the U.S. Attorney's Office in San Antonio accuses three Bandidos leaders of sanctioning a three-year fight that included violent clashes with rival gangs and distribution of methamphetamine.

The federal indictment accuses John Portillo, the Bandidos' national vice president, of using dues and donations to pay legal expenses of its members days after the Waco shooting.

Portillo, national president Jeffrey Pike and national sergeant-at-arms Justin Cole Forster are charged with racketeering, drug distribution and other crimes.

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/To...64416011.html?_osource=SocialFlowTwt_DFWBrand

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlexWorksInTelly
Back