TX - Police respond to reports of shooter at Santa Fe High School, 18 May 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd like to see them prosecuted with criminal charges including murder if a gun owner's registered weapon is used to murder someone. I think it's the only thing that might make "responsible" gun owners...be responsible.
Just heard on the news that the mother and owner of gun where a Fl. child shot another child, has been charged with negligence. We will probably be seeing more of this and
rightfully so, IMO.

ugh...His son may be a victim of bullying as most if NOT all kids are but you don't see us all shooting up schools, do you?
I agree. I don't see bullying as an excuse for school shootings, either. It might be an good excuse for a kid refusing to go to school. It might even be an excuse for a kid getting in fights, but it is definitely not an excuse for premeditated murder. School shooters are the ultimate bullies.

I agree. I don't see bullying as an excuse for school shootings, either. It might be an good excuse for a kid refusing to go to school. It might even be an excuse for a kid getting in fights, but it is definitely not an excuse for premeditated murder. School shooters are the ultimate bullies.

agreed. I'd quit before I'd go on a shooting spree. It's so easy to get GED, go to community college and just move with your life now.

I agree. Now is not the time for him to share his pain.
Not only sharing but comparing his pain to those of the families.
He says he lost his boy,and in a sense he did,but it isn't the same loss as the families.
He can visit his son and write letters and his son can write back.
In the future he can still call him on the phone. IMO

Not only sharing but comparing his pain to those of the families.
He says he lost his boy,and in a sense he did,but it isn't the same loss as the families.
He can visit his son and write letters and his son can write back.
In the future he can still call him on the phone. IMO

Yes, and he doesn't have to imagine how terrified their children were in their last moments, while he picked them off, one by one.

Don’t want to sound naive or silly but, if we leave candy about kids will eat it, even we have said no. if they see a puddle, they jump in it, even we we said it’s too cold you will get sick. if there’s a red button they will push it, even we we said something bad will happen. If they can get a gun they will probably use it!

Consequences of their actions are not in the forefront of their thoughts.

Just moo

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kids are boundary pushers, teens are particularly so.

I have noticed a lack of healthy boundaries over the past decade or so, particularly when it comes to property.

Then we have the problem of "Rules are for other people/Laws are for other people" mentality which only exacerbates the problem.

MOO

No excuses, but a manic break with psychotic features? Combined with risk taking and 'shock' value. Some teens have always rebelled and today some of that segment seem to ratchet it up. No longer is drinking, drugs, petty crime enough to satisfy that teen angst in a small few. Now they want to push it to the extreme...school shooter. From my experience, there is a teen phenomenon nowadays to be "edgy"

i don't know -- it seems like we might be more in personality disordered domain jmo

I think we need to try harder instead of using words like "futile". There are things that we can do. Many cities have implemented shot spotter technology which recognizes the sound of a gunshot and gets police to the scene faster than 911. I also know that there are alarm systems that dispense pepper spray. That might be enough to slow down a shooter inside of a building. And install metal detectors at all entrances. Schools could also install security fences with gates that only open with student ID badges. It's time to take some preventive measures. This has to stop.

there is no money we just did tons on our military which will see real results from the money in about 15 years it takes a decade to build one aircraft carrier and pretty much the same time frame to design certify etc new jet fighters -- but the money has been allocated -- so there is nothing left for this ........................

The last two school shooters who were captured alive, did not seem to be enjoying their infamy at court appearances. They looked like cringing cowards with their heads down and shoulders hunched.

agree I think the notion that most are infamy seekers is way overblown -- these kids have issues

a couple maybe infamy fame locked in a prison the rest of ones existence

i don't know -- it seems like we might be more in personality disordered domain jmo

Have we gotten any valid info on his upbringing or previous problems? Was his father living in the same home? Any previous school behavior problems? Seems we haven't heard much personal info on him, or maybe I just missed it. CARIIS, can you enlighten
us on what clues led you to that determination?? Thanks.

From what I understand this shooter followed the Columbine playbook. Was it impulsive? Or, had he been studying it for a long time?

I can't to begin to understand the Columbine hero worship. How it turns a young mind into a death machine. Is wanting to be a part of some kind of "revolution" part of it?

I think of the rapid descent of the charleston church shooter. How quickly that piece of "revolution" hooked into his mind somehow primed for hatred.

People talk about bullying a lot. It seems so pervasive. Sometimes I wonder if otherwise intelligent children are just not challenged in education. And I do think it is deep because each and every shooter is making a huge statement with life and death altering impact.

The young mind withers to its child mode after the rocket of emotion, or lack thereof has launched and death and consequences becomes the reality.

Whatever the psychology, if parents of teenagers don't secure their weapons, yesterday's good kid can go to today's mass shooter, because that's how impulsive a child's mind can be.

^^^^^ But Rose, there has to be some underlying stuff going on in the brain of a young
man. Was he always devoid of normal emotions? Was he always so brazen about hurting others? Was he so shut down in his home by a controlling father? Was he playing around
with drugs? Had he ever been prescribed psychotropic drugs?
I believe there is a gradual buildup of some problems that the parents deny or totally
missed. I sure would like to hear more about him.

From what I understand this shooter followed the Columbine playbook. Was it impulsive? Or, had he been studying it for a long time?

I can't to begin to understand the Columbine hero worship. How it turns a young mind into a death machine. Is wanting to be a part of some kind of "revolution" part of it?

I think of the rapid descent of the charleston church shooter. How quickly that piece of "revolution" hooked into his mind somehow primed for hatred.

People talk about bullying a lot. It seems so pervasive. Sometimes I wonder if otherwise intelligent children are just not challenged in education. And I do think it is deep because each and every shooter is making a huge statement with life and death altering impact.

The young mind withers to its child mode after the rocket of emotion, or lack thereof has launched and death and consequences becomes the reality.

Whatever the psychology, if parents of teenagers don't secure their weapons, yesterday's good kid can go to today's mass shooter, because that's how impulsive a child's mind can be.

They are role models for those that don't fit in. I view them as losers but they are held in high esteem in some scenes.
crazy, huh?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member