Found Deceased TX - Pvt. Dakota Stump, 19, Fort Hood, 10 Oct 2016

When you look at the causes of death of the 11, three were killed as a result of a suicide bomber, two in car accidents, three in separate incidents with gun shot wounds, 2 from illnesses and 1 found dead while on duty. It is much less nefarious as it seems when they are all lumped together as deaths. It is certainly a very sad situation for all those at Fort Hood because that seems like a lot of loss.

I think Pvt. Stump's mother has every right to be angry about the cell phone ping issue and that her son was on their base and not found. You can't form a search party on a base. The military has to do it. I hope it was deemed that he was killed instantly rather than suffering over time with no one finding him. That would be my worst nightmare as a parent if my child died in an accident.

New feature article:

http://www.kagstv.com/news/dead-soldiers-family-claims-incompetence-at-fort-hood/408319300

Overcast skies dulled the sunlight seeping into the woods where a group of soldiers were conducting land navigation training – similar to orienteering – at Fort Hood on November 3, 2016. As they trekked through dense foliage, light winds gently rustled leaves. Ten minutes before noon, the soldiers stumbled across a black Ford Mustang with a red interior. The vehicle was severely damaged and at least 100 yards from the nearest road. It was registered to 19-year-old Army Private Dakota Stump, whose remains were found lying next to the car. As the autopsy would later show, Pvt. Stump weighed a mere 32 pounds when his body was discovered...

Congress Investigates Fort Hood Following Soldier Deaths

Congress will launch an investigation into sexual assault, disappearances, deaths and the leadership’s response at Fort Hood after 28 soldiers stationed at the U.S. Army base in Texas died this year, two subcommittee leaders announced Tuesday.

According to data from Fort Hood officials, the 28 deaths include five homicides, as well as accidents, suicides, deaths related to illness, cases still under investigation and one combat-related death.

The subcommittees will jointly investigate if recent deaths “may be symptomatic of underlying leadership, discipline, and morale deficiencies throughout the chain-of-command.”

Some more conspiracy-minded people may be disappointed with that wording, "underlying leadership, discipline, and morale deficiencies throughout the chain-of-command." But I think it shows that congress has the same suspicions I do, that although the majority of these deaths including this one are technically self-harm (or reckless accidents, which are basically self harm) there is some kind of an underlying culture that is putting pressure on these soldiers to harm themselves.

According to Stump's mother, Patrice Franklin, the investigators were slow to act and assumed Stump had left the base of his own accord.

"I just feel that they did not take it seriously," Franklin said. "It was almost like they didn't want to come out and say, 'We think your kid's goofing off.'"

As it turns out Stump hadn't runoff. He had missed a turn while speeding on post and crashed his car into the woods. About three weeks later, troops stumbled onto Stump's body and his battered Ford Mustang during a land navigation exercise.

Franklin said the Army has a wrongheaded and ill-equipped approach to missing soldiers.

"I think it's so important to have a team of trained individuals that know how to act quickly and to start actually searching for these people," she said. "Let's find them before something bad happens, you know?"

Advocates say Stump's situation fits into a pattern. When service members turn up missing, leaders tend to treat them as deserters and put a low priority on finding them.
Tragedies At Fort Hood Have Led The Army To Rethink Its Response When Soldiers Go Missing

So, Dakota's mom posted this on the Justice for Dakota Stump page yesterday. Amongst other things, I'm confused about the "brown liquor" changing to vodka (twice). Odd report.

236382050_4192283260885793_541066425458971408_n.jpg

236395398_4192283380885781_8645750777338609402_n.jpg

236194072_4192283507552435_4562072131163264056_n.jpg

236516849_4192283687552417_2996841227692493060_n.jpg

Last edited:
So, Dakota's mom posted this on the Justice for Dakota Stump page yesterday. Amongst other things, I'm confused about the "brown liquor" changing to vodka (twice). Odd report.

236382050_4192283260885793_541066425458971408_n.jpg

236395398_4192283380885781_8645750777338609402_n.jpg

236194072_4192283507552435_4562072131163264056_n.jpg

236516849_4192283687552417_2996841227692493060_n.jpg
It's an investigation summary rather than an event timeline so it's in the order that the investigation was being conducted which makes it more confusing to read. There were two trips to the store, one where a group of people in a white sedan bought a 24 pack of beer and cups then presumably went back to the barracks and drank it. The bunk mate probably wasn't part of that group so when the decedent came into the room with a cup of beer for him all he could say for sure that it was"brown liquor" since he didn't see it being poured/prepared (it might have had a mixer in it, people mix vodka with beer). Decedent then made a second trip to the store with I think that same bunk mate where he bought vodka and black & mild cigars that he took back to the barracks and consumed after which he took off alone in his mustang at which time he presumably had his fatal accident.

This one is a lot less suspicious than many of the other Ft Hood cases, just a case of partying hard then recklessly driving a performance car (I've been there). It's good to carefully review all of these cases but we have to be objective about the ones that aren't really very suspicious lest we compromise our credibility in reviewing the cases that are suspicious.

It might seem odd to some that this same group of soldiers that was running to the store together, drinking and partying together, wouldn't stop someone from driving drunk or wouldn't go out searching when he didn't return but that really is normal military culture. There is a subtext to this report that decedent made a habit of drinking to excess and behaving recklessly and if so his squad mates may have been used to this behavior and furthermore may have been glad to be rid of him. This is the aspect of military culture that I think escapes a lot of us here in reviewing these cases. There is, rightly, a lot of pressure on soldiers to form cohesive units and the faster soldiers wash out the easier it is for everyone else.

I think that at Fort Hood, specifically, there is some kind of process in place that prevents or at least discourages COs from telling soldiers that they're unfit to serve before their fellow enlisted men and women break them, psychologically. If there's some kind of concern about discrimination maybe they should all be transferred together into sh*tbird squads but that would probably just lead to even more dramatic events happening in those squads.

I don't know what the solution is

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back