GUILTY TX - Samuel Olson, 5, found deceased, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARRESTS* #3

From probable cause/criminal complaint by Sgt K. Persad, HPD Murder Squad #20, dated 6/2/2021:

5/27/21 - DO reports his son SO missing to HPD (TB had care, custody, control of child SO since 4/30/21). DO alleged bio-mom SLO took her child from TB without consent on 5/27/21.

5/29/21 - HDP spoke to SLO about missing child report by DO -- HDP confirmed via surveillance that SLO was at home when abduction alleged by TB occurred.

5/30/21 - Sgt Persad and partner Detective A. Grimes interviewed TB at HDP missing person unit. TB could not explain why SLO was recorded at home when TB alleged she took SO away.

Sgt Persad learned from DO that TB had a live-in roommate BR. HDP missing person unit interviewed BR on 5/28/21.

5/31/21 - BR gave a statement: alleged on or about 5/10, TB phoned him and stated SO was deceased. BR states he left work and returned home to Webster where he observed SO unresponsive on the bed, and helped TB move SO from the bed to the bathtub -- where he remained for two days. BR states he purchased tote/duct tape on 5/13/21. BR states he and TB drove the corpse to and placed the corpse/tote in a storage unit. [6/22/21 - BR arrested by HDP. Investigators cite BR provided an inconsistent timeline, and the inconsistencies led police to charge BR with tampering/fabricating evidence].

6/1/21 - Jasper police dept received a tip from Crime Stoppers related to a Houston kidnapping. Tip indicated white female (TB) was in room #106 at Best Western Motel, Jasper County, TX - and possibly in possession of 6 yr old missing child from Houston.

Jasper PD notified HDP of discovery and that TB was detained and transported to Jasper Police Dept.

Sgt. Persad and Det. Grimes traveled to Jasper County Tx Best Western Motel. Reviewed hotel surveillance, and identified Dodge Ram registered to D Walker.

Ranger R. Clendennen obtained a voluntary interview of D Walker. Walker provided that he collected TB in Cleveland, TX at Walmart parking lot on 5/31/21, and drove her to Webster, TX storage unit location, and picked up storage tote that had a foul odor. Walker states he drove TB and storage tote to Best Western Motel in Jasper, Tx. Walker stated he moved the tote from the bed of his pickup to the hotel room on 6/1/21. Walker states he then went home and called Crime Stoppers to report the location of TB and the container. [6/25/21 - DW arrested and charged with tampering with evidence].

Take note that all three defendants were charged with tampering with evidence in this case but BR was also charged with fabricating evidence after allegedly providing an inconsistent timeline to investigators.

Found Deceased - TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARREST* Thread #2

From reading this story it says BR tipped police off, but I'm not sure where the other guy who drove her to the motel fits in??
From court records, BR gave a statement that may have tipped off investigators but was also determined to be an inconsistent timeline -- leading authorities to also charge BR with fabricating evidence.

I don't think HPD necessarily believed BR until they received a call from Jasper County Police Dept the following day or 6/1/21-- after the other guy (DW) contacted Crime Stoppers. MOO

Last edited:
I'm surprised the Walker is still not in the court site. Anyone "hear" of a court date for him in any of the articles? TIA! :)

Jasper County, TX district court does not appear to have the docket online (no public site). I'm not finding any info on DW in MSM since the following:

Third person charged in connection with Samuel Olson’s death

June 25, 2021

Court documents confirmed Walker was the one who called in the anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers. However, they also revealed Walker was not only the person who drove Balboa to Jasper, but he was the person who rented the motel room where the 5-year-old’s body was found.

According to his indictment, Walker was charged with tampering because he did “intentionally or knowingly conceal a thing, namely the corpse of Samuel Olson, with intent to impair its availability as evidence in the investigation.”

KPRC 2 legal analyst, Brian Wice said Walker is being charged as an accomplice to the crime.

“He’s charged under the law of parties, which says, ‘Share the crime, share the time,’” Wice said.

ETA: add link from Jasper County

http://www.co.jasper.tx.us/upload/page/1118/docs/no criminal searches.pdf

Last edited:
Jasper County, TX district court does not appear to have the docket online (no public site). I'm not finding any info on DW in MSM since the following:

Third person charged in connection with Samuel Olson’s death

June 25, 2021

Court documents confirmed Walker was the one who called in the anonymous tip to Crime Stoppers. However, they also revealed Walker was not only the person who drove Balboa to Jasper, but he was the person who rented the motel room where the 5-year-old’s body was found.

According to his indictment, Walker was charged with tampering because he did “intentionally or knowingly conceal a thing, namely the corpse of Samuel Olson, with intent to impair its availability as evidence in the investigation.”

KPRC 2 legal analyst, Brian Wice said Walker is being charged as an accomplice to the crime.

“He’s charged under the law of parties, which says, ‘Share the crime, share the time,’” Wice said.

ETA: add link from Jasper County

http://www.co.jasper.tx.us/upload/page/1118/docs/no criminal searches.pdf

Very interesting...I didn’t know that Walker was accompanied by yet another person when he drove Balboa to the motel. I wouldn’t be surprised if this person is also arrested in the near future. Hopefully, the police are getting closer to solving this case.

@Seattle1 - he'll be in Harris County eventually like the other 2 - so guessing he hasn't been transferred from Jasper County yet. I DO have access to Harris County! :)
I'm not sure that DW's charges will go to Harris County. He was actually indicted by a Jasper County Grand Jury (whereas TB and BR were arrested on criminal complaints in Harris County where they reside and where they committed their own crimes).

A third suspect arrested in connection with the death of young Samuel Olson

The arrest of Dylan Ray Walker, 27, came following an indictment which was handed down on Thursday morning by a Jasper County Grand Jury after hearing evidence in the case submitted by District Attorney Anne Pickle and her staff.

[Unrelated to this case!!!] I feel the same way when I hear about someone using date-rape drugs in a bar. How does someone who INTENDS to use date-rape drugs find the person who's SELLING the date-rape drugs, and how does he then twist his mind, self-respect and everything else to where he can walk up to someone and basically tell them he's interested in raping someone and would like to buy the required tools to do so??? How do you sink so low as a human being? That's the common thread between these two situations.
The Joey LaBute case jumps to mind.

I'm not sure that DW's charges will go to Harris County. He was actually indicted by a Jasper County Grand Jury (whereas TB and BR were arrested on criminal complaints in Harris County where they reside and where they committed their own crimes).

A third suspect arrested in connection with the death of young Samuel Olson

The arrest of Dylan Ray Walker, 27, came following an indictment which was handed down on Thursday morning by a Jasper County Grand Jury after hearing evidence in the case submitted by District Attorney Anne Pickle and her staff.

Oh dang.... no access to that site! Not fair!!
Thanks for correcting me! Just "assumed".... :)

I guess we have to rely on news articles for a hearing date.

Last edited:
BREAKING NEWS!!! 7/8/21 Per Mycah Hatfield, Reporter with KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX:

ABC13-Mycah Hatfield
2tStponso0refdmiru ·

BREAKING: Theresa Balboa has been charged with capital murder in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson. He was found in a plastic bin in a motel room with his father’s girlfriend in Jasper more than a month ago.

212161066_367388028317223_7929988172134350894_n.jpg

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MeanBean