GUILTY TX - Samuel Olson, 5, found deceased, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARRESTS* #3

Samuel Olson death: Theresa Balboa appears in court for first time since capital murder charge in 5-year-old's death - ABC13 Houston
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Theresa Balboa entered a courtroom Monday without representation and left it without a bond amount for her capital murder charge in the death of 5-year-old Samuel Olson.

Balboa is the ex-girlfriend of Samuel's father, Dalton Olson.
from link "On June 24, the lead prosecutor told ABC13 that they found the weapon that may have been used to kill the child." see I knew i read it somewhere.

<modsnip - quoted post removed>
Yes, that's my point. But everything points to him not being involved in his death and not knowing about anything. There was a lot of speculation about that, and I just never felt like he did anything to Sam or helped TB in any way.

Last edited by a moderator:
<modsnip - quoted post removed>
But that's my point exactly. <modsnip> But it looks like he didn't kill him or knew he was dead. His actions actually make me believe that Samuel's father actually believed her story. It's a shame that Samuel's parents couldn't agree on anything, it's a shame that he took off with Samuel, it's a shame that he left Samuel under TB's "care". But neither his mother or father killed him.

I hope they are both able to find peace. Nothing is going to bring Samuel back.

Snipped:

Inside a courtroom, a judge found probable cause to charge Balboa with the capital murder charge.

Andrea Beall, the prosecutor who appeared on behalf of the Harris County District Attorney's Office, said the next step is for the case to go to a grand jury, which can take up to 90 days. The grand jury will be tasked to make a determination on probable cause.

Beall added District Attorney Kim Ogg will also make determination on whether to pursue the death penalty.

Source: KTRK (ABC) - Houston, TX -- Monday, July 12, 2021 - 11:49AM CDT

Theresa Balboa appears in court for first time since capital murder charge in 5-year-old's death

Key takeaways from the ABC13 interview with prosecutor outside courtroom today:
  • Prosecutor says that after reviewing laboratory and cell phone evidence she brought charges because she believes she can corroborate statements from BR regarding who is responsible for Samuel's death.
  • Reporter says that prosecutor said in the courtroom that BR said TB called him to say 'she thinks that she killed Sam'. Prosecutor says yes and she has the cell phone evidence to corroborate that.
  • Reporter asks if anyone else will be charged. Prosecutor says, "I don't believe so, no."
  • Judge found probable cause for case and awaiting TB appointed attorney. No bond set at this point.
  • Next up: Present to DA re: death penalty, present to grand jury for probable cause by 90 days from June 1st.
https://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=10881528
https://abc13.com/video/embed/?pid=10881528
ETA - I didn't hear any more info about probable cause evidence presented and I didn't hear any questions about the weapon. I hope we get a little more on that from media today.

A few more items revealed today:

I thought I saw mentioned May 5, was that the date TB texted or called ROOM mate because she had something to tell him before he came inside? If that's the case I believe that on the 5 May TB harmed Samual very badly with blunt force trauma but he was still alive. JMO but I think he was on the bed at that time, I might be wrong. Again TB contacted Roomie a few days later, this I think is when he was struck with sharp trauma and died and was carried to the bath tub.

Anyone, please correct me if I'm wrong.

I thought I saw mentioned May 5, was that the date TB texted or called ROOM mate because she had something to tell him before he came inside? If that's the case I believe that on the 5 May TB harmed Samual very badly with blunt force trauma but he was still alive. JMO but I think he was on the bed at that time, I might be wrong. Again TB contacted Roomie a few days later, this I think is when he was struck with sharp trauma and died and was carried to the bath tub.

i think that was prob the first time there were visible injures but the abuse continued.

I think we may not learn the full details for a little while yet, but you are correct that the May 5th communication was also a key date in the prosecution’s case.

I can’t help but think that a major injury occurred in early May.

Balboa - Murder:

Date Court Post Jdgm Docket Type Reason/ Appearance Court Results/ Setting Type Defendant Future Date Comments Attorney Appearance Indicator
7/13/2021 09:00 AM 174 Master Docket
Other
Data Not Entered To Be Set

7/12/2021 09:00 AM 174 Assigned Court
Preliminary Assigned Court Appearance
Reset By Operation Of Law N/A Present 7/13/2021 Present

Next/Last Setting Date 7/13/2021

link: | Search Our Records

Tuesday, July 13th:
*Hearing (Murder) (@ 9am CT) - TX - Samuel Olson (5, would have been 6 on 5/29/21) (it was reported that he was taken by an unknown male from a southwest Houston home in the 8800 block of McAvoy Dr. at about 7:30am on May 27, 2021, but he had been missing for 2 weeks before this, found June 1, 2021 inside a tote bag in the Best Western motel in Jasper). – *Theresa Raye Balboa (29) arrested & charged (6/2/21) with tampering with evidence (human corpse). Bond $500K.
She was jailed on 6/2/21 & was extradited from Jasper County Jail to Harris County Thursday, 6/3/21.
*Charged (7/8/21) with capital murder-under 10 years. Denied bond (7/8/21).
*Charged (11/29/20) with assault (on family). Bond $5K. Bonded out on 11/30/20. Bond $100K (set on 6/7/21). Back in jail.
Case & court info from 6/2/21 to 6/8/21 reference post #270 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Samuel Olson, 5, Houston, 27 May 2021 *ARRESTS* #3

7/8/21 Update: Charged with capital murder-under 10 years. The Harris County District Attorney's Office has not decided if they will seek the death penalty in this case. They might seek 'life without parole.' Preliminary hearing on 7/12/21 @ 9am. Tampering & assault charges: Arraignment hearing on 7/29/21.
7/12/21 Update: Murder: Balboa entered the courtroom Monday without representation & left it without a bond amount for her capital murder charge. Balboa requested for a court-appointed public defender. The judge found probable cause to charge Balboa with the capital murder charge. Andrea Beall, the prosecutor who appeared on behalf of the Harris County DA's Office, said the next step is for the case to go to a grand jury, which can take up to 90 days. The grand jury will be tasked to make a determination on probable cause. Beall added DA Kim Ogg will also make determination on whether to pursue the death penalty. No next court date yet. 7/12/21 Update: Investigators found blood in the living room & dining room of their Webster apartment, prosecutor Andrea Beall said. TB went with BR to buy the duct tape & bin & there is surveillance video of that. Prosecutor said Samuel was quarantining with TB. She is accused of killing the boy by striking him with and against a blunt object on or about May 12, records show. New details revealed in capital murder case involving Samuel. Next "other" hearing on 7/13/21.
*Benjamin D. Rivera (27/now 28) – Arraignment hearing on 9/8/21 Harris County
*Dylan Ray Walker (27) – no date yet. Jasper County no update 7/12

3 new filings today, 7/13/21, regarding Theresa Raye Balboa!

Source: The Office of the Harris County District Clerk - Houston, Harris County, TX

To read these Images, you must be registered with the Office of the Harris County District Clerk.

upload_2021-7-13_14-43-39.png

Source: KPRC (NBC) - Houston, TX -- Published: July 13, 2021 - 1:16 pm CDT

High-profile attorney assigned to capital murder case against Theresa Balboa

Snipped:

Osso said the first step was putting together a defense team to help in the case. He said they’ll likely hire an independent pathologist to review the autopsy.

“It’s a slow process and we ask people to keep an open mind. It’s an unfortunate situation and we don’t have all the evidence in the case yet. It’s gonna take us a while to figure this out,” Osso said.

Read more:

High-profile attorney assigned to capital murder case against Theresa Balboa

Balboa - murder:

Date Court Post Jdgm Docket Type Reason/ Appearance Court Results/ Setting Type Defendant Future Date Comments Attorney Appearance Indicator
11/05/2021 09:00 AM 174 Master Docket
Motion Hearing

Data Not Entered To Be Set
7/13/2021 09:00 AM 174 Master Docket
Other
Reset Upon Defense Request N/A Present 11/5/2021 Present

Next/Last Setting Date 11/5/2021

link: Office of Harris County District Clerk - Marilyn Burgess | Search Our Records

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back