GUILTY TX - Scott Hartman for child sexual abuse, Bexar County, 2009

I didn't see that, was that on one of the links posted ?

The video I'm talking about is in the first post in this thread...there's info in it that's not in the online article.

The video I'm talking about is in the first post in this thread...there's info in it that's not in the online article.

Yep, the video seems to make it clear that LE and all are satisfied the sexual assault and abuse occured. Case closed.

Sniperacer--I forgot to address a point you brought up. You commented that we have no way of knowing if these kids are "normal", in other words, not having special needs. You are right. However, just like LE works with adults with mental challenges, they also work with kids with these challenges. Each case is very individual.

Children's Advocacy Centers work with kids with mild, moderate, and severe disabilities all the time. Grand juries and judges make exceptions for leading questions when it comes to kids with communication challenges and young age. I think they listen for the simple details. CACs go to trainings all the time to gain skills in working with different populations.

I've heard that there is a lot of work going on right now to learn how to best get disclosures from children on the autism spectrum. Their disclosures would be drop dead killers, for the most part, as they are extremely concrete and many have absolutely no grasp of the abstract or imagination.

Our daughter who's on the spectrum was always the "judge and jury" in our house when the kids were little. If "I" said that "S" hit "E"....."S" knew his goose was cooked as "I" doesn't know how to lie. Our youngest child (who was about 6 at the time of our kids' abuse) blew the judge away by politely answering questions about his abuse and then adding at the end, kind of an aside, "You know, he tried really hard to pull my winkie off but it's stuck on super good". That did it for the judge. A conviction on that charge.

My guess is that this little four year old said something along those lines. Kids can't make up stuff like this IMO.

I completely understand what you are saying.

On the other hand, when my boys were 4 years old, I could convince them to believe and say almost anything. (Including Tooth fairy, Santa Clause, Easter Bunny, the Great Pumpkin, ....) Up until a few years ago, I had one convinced that fried calamari were the best french fries ever!

Slippery slope when lives rest upon children talking.

Well, that could get spendy, couldn't it? LOL. You know, I hadn't thought about this in those terms, but my husband and I love to play tricks on our kids. We're known for really whopping April Fools jokes. We can pull off the biggest one totally deadpan. The rule is that nobody can ever be hurt or frightened. Maybe there's an underlying reason we do this--to teach them to be cautious about being "sold a bill of goods". I really want my kids to maintain some wonder but to not be gullible.

I'm cashing it in if we can't believe in the Tooth Fairy, Buzz Lightyear, and Santa. We've always just kind of said to our kids in a quizzical voice, "You just never know." I also find that when they start doubting, it's fun to engage them in playing along for the younger kids. Most love that.

Kids are so much brighter than we think. They also know right from wrong if they've been taught. I'm a very firm and protective parents but I do really listen to my kids. I learn so much.

I'm sending your kids a photo of a live octopus with wiggly tentacles so they know what they've been eating!!

Maybe you are unaware that these behaviors could also indicate some form of abuse. The child needed help...as parents it is our responsibility and honor to get help for them. The Mother should have done so instead of bruising her own child. MOO

This is to true about most parents in general. Not every parent is a psychologists who knows what symptoms mean what.

As for the leaving marks comment...i forget who wrote it.... You again assuming that the mother did leave marks, when you have no proof of that. Again your believing what you see on TV.

*shakes her head in disbelief*

And to those of you who told me to contact some person, thanks but no thanks, I don't see any reasons to tell a bunch of people who automatically think the worst of people who I am or am not in an way shape or form. Whether its in the rules or not doesn't really matter at this point. Ive said my peace, Ive told you what really happened, I cant force you guys to see the truth. No matter what I say your going to believe what you want anyways. Theres no reason for me to continue posting here any longer.

I will leave you with these words.....

It saddens me to see that the country I hold so dear, and have had many family members fight for, is quickly turning into something so horrible I dont even want to be here to see it. The hole bases for the foundation of this country have been thrown out the window. No longer are we innocent to proven guilty. Now its guilty until found not guilty in which case your still guilty but no one could prove it. It makes me want to cry when I think about my family members, who are currently risking their lives everyday, here, and over seas, doing so for a country full of hateful and spiteful people who don't deserve it.

This is to true about most parents in general. Not every parent is a psychologists who knows what symptoms mean what.

As for the leaving marks comment...i forget who wrote it.... You again assuming that the mother did leave marks, when you have no proof of that. Again your believing what you see on TV.

*shakes her head in disbelief*

And to those of you who told me to contact some person, thanks but no thanks, I don't see any reasons to tell a bunch of people who automatically think the worst of people who I am or am not in an way shape or form. Whether its in the rules or not doesn't really matter at this point. Ive said my peace, Ive told you what really happened, I cant force you guys to see the truth. No matter what I say your going to believe what you want anyways. Theres no reason for me to continue posting here any longer.

I will leave you with these words.....

It saddens me to see that the country I hold so dear, and have had many family members fight for, is quickly turning into something so horrible I dont even want to be here to see it. The hole bases for the foundation of this country have been thrown out the window. No longer are we innocent to proven guilty. Now its guilty until found not guilty in which case your still guilty but no one could prove it. It makes me want to cry when I think about my family members, who are currently risking their lives everyday, here, and over seas, doing so for a country full of hateful and spiteful people who don't deserve it.

:boohoo:

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sassyfox