Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
At the presser, he said, when asked what led them to search that area, as more and more information unfolded, they searched there (paraphrasing). That tells me that baby girl did not wander to that culvert on her own, nor was she dragged there by coyotes. There was specific information that clued them in on that area. MOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh no :(
I'm still catching up (on thread 3 right now), but how sad that this sweet little child was disposed like she was trash :(

At the presser, he said, when asked what led them to search that area, as more and more information unfolded, they searched there (paraphrasing). That tells me that baby girl did not wander to that culvert on her own, nor was she dragged there by coyotes. There was specific information that clued them in on that area. MOO

Maybe they received the results of the information from the navigation system.

Maybe they received the results of the information from the navigation system.

Something along that line is what I'm thinking.

I feel gutted...
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for an ID when the FBI is involved? I would assume not very long... ugh i feel sick. Hate to say that I am praying this is Sherin but I am, because if it's not she is still out there and some other LO wouldn't have been reported missing :(

Little Sherin was found in that culvert but that doesn't mean she was put in that location. Couldn't a body have washed through the culvert and then ended up there?

Someone above asked where the other end of the culvert is....and I'm curious about that too.

Rest in peace, Little Sherin. You have captured our hearts.

jmopinion

I feel gutted...
Does anyone know how long it generally takes for an ID when the FBI is involved? I would assume not very long... ugh i feel sick. Hate to say that I am praying this is Sherin but I am, because if it's not she is still out there and some other LO wouldn't have been reported missing :(

I have also been following another case where a child was missing and found deceased. The police gave the same “We believe...” identification comment based on the clothes the child was wearing and because she was the only infant missing in the area. She was also found on a Sunday. The autopsy was performed on Monday by the GBI and the official identification confirmation was released Tuesday along with the cause of death. I would assume there would be a similar time table.

I'm just catching up but this was my thought as well. I'm speculating the video surveillance they have been watching from area cameras along with information from the car's "black box" (cannot recall the technical term) helped lead them to this location. I'm doubtful that they saw Sherin walking on that video to lead them there but of course, anything is possible. JMO.

While I expected this outcome, I was holding onto a bit of hope. My heart is broken. RIP sweet Sherin.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

Sickening, why do people adopt children to then abuse and murder them? Something's wrong with this. The father has dead eyes.

We came back this afternoon from our family reunion and I was feeling so happy/upbeat that we got to see so many of our loved ones. All of the adults watched all of our little grands, nieces, cousins, and nephews having so much fun being together.

THEN......I came here to get an update on little Sherin like I do everyday. I even mentioned her case to several of our family members, and many knew she was missing, and that her father said he put her outside for not drinking her milk.

My happiness went to full on sadness and grief for this sweet precious little girl when I read she had been found in a cold dark culvert, deceased. :( Little Sherin has captured so many hearts including mine.

However she wound up in the culvert she did not place herself there. There was no scent of hers ever detected by the scent trailing dogs showing she left her yard on foot. I believe she was killed in her home, and then her body was hidden in the culvert.

I hope and pray the ME will be able to determine how she died but its been so long now it may not be possible. If she was strangled that may not show up if the hyoid bone hasn't been damaged, and it does not always have to be broken for a strangulation to occur.

I pray LE finds out what happened to her and quickly.

RIP Tiny Angel.

Looking at the pictures of the culvert on both sides of the road, it does not look like there is a way for water to get out. It looks like both openings are entered by going down a small slope. Is this correct?

It appears to be a very small culvert. I think WM would have placed her in the middle of it then she couldn't be seen from either end easily. One would have to walk down that little slope to see into the culvert.

It's possible she walked there. Probable, I don't know. Guess we'll have to see what the autopsy shows. Praying she was not hit by the mower that recently mowed that field or we may never know the truth.
JMO, someone dumped her there & it wasn't a coyote of the 4 legged variety.

Are there cameras near that road. When I google mapped I saw some churches and I’m thinking hey hopefully have cameras. Also, maybe the neighbors, if by chance she did indeed “walk” there.

Little Sherin was found in that culvert but that doesn't mean she was put in that location. Couldn't a body have washed through the culvert and then ended up there?

Someone above asked where the other end of the culvert is....and I'm curious about that too.

Rest in peace, Little Sherin. You have captured our hearts.

jmopinion

This particular culvert runs under a road and only goes from one side of the road to the other.

Looking at the pictures of the culvert on both sides of the road, it does not look like there is a way for water to get out. It looks like both openings are entered by going down a small slope. Is this correct?

It appears to be a very small culvert. I think WM would have placed her in the middle of it then she couldn't be seen from either end easily. One would have to walk down that little slope to see into the culvert.

I am waiting for the autopsy and forensic evidence because it could tell quite a story. If indeed her Father put her there, this could be reason why he needed to wash his clothes.

So sorry to hear it end this way. Precious child, God rest her sweet soul.

Wasn't there a sheet taken from the home in the SW? if she was wrapped in something, which I think she was, lets hope it is a matching one to the one that was taken.

JMO, someone dumped her there & it wasn't a coyote of the 4 legged variety.

ITA!

This sweet baby girl would never go that far in the dark of night. She would be petrified and so scared to be out there all alone. If it had really happened she would have been frozen in fear afraid to move. She would have been crying and pounding on the door trying get back in if she had access and not taking a walk about in the dark.

The only truth he told about the 'tree' is he knew he put her by a big tree when he put her body in the culvert. The tree story was about another tree. The one that was close by her watery tomb. :( That IS the tree he was really talking about.

He said the last time he saw her she was by the tree but it wasn't the tree that was beyond their fence. It was the one close by where he hid Sherin's body.

IMO

Hi y'all. I had to leave right after the presser and now that I'm home I hopped and skipped over the last few pages of the last thread. I just want to say a big thank you to you guys - I knew you'd be all over it with info and maps. It's a sad day but I'm glad Sherin has been found. I'm pretty sure we all knew the ending wouldn't be good. I'm also glad that I'm here with everyone whose hearts have melted for little Sherin. May she rest in peace.

:loveyou: :grouphug:

I am waiting for the autopsy and forensic evidence because it could tell quite a story. If indeed her Father put her there, this could be reason why he needed to wash his clothes.

So sorry to hear it end this way. Precious child, God rest her sweet soul.

didn't they say they found grass in the home and took it for evidence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB