Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the pictures of the culvert on both sides of the road, it does not look like there is a way for water to get out. It looks like both openings are entered by going down a small slope. Is this correct?

It appears to be a very small culvert. I think WM would have placed her in the middle of it then she couldn't be seen from either end easily. One would have to walk down that little slope to see into the culvert.

1&2&3, I was just thinking about what Sherin might have loved, so I could post a loving image in her honor. What comes to mind is pink and princesses, so I'm off looking for something fitting, maybe a Fairy Angel Princess with pink and silver, heart and flowers, might take a while to find the right image, but anyway my point is I saw your adorable dog with the pink bow in your avatar pic and I thought that would have made Sherin smile.

Eta: maybe Sherin would have liked this doll:

attachment.php

(Image source Amazon)

Attachments

• 0..jpg
    0..jpg
    15.3 KB · Views: 793
Perhaps it's been mentioned already, I am just now getting to read here, but we had some pretty heavy rain last night. Wondering if that helped them locate her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RIP Sweet little girl. I'm sorry you went away so soon and didn't get the life you deserved.

1&2&3, I was just thinking about what Sherin might have loved, so I could post a loving image in her honor. What comes to mind is pink and princesses, so I'm off looking for something fitting, maybe a Fairy Angel Princess with pink and silver, heart and flowers, might take a while to find the right image, but anyway my point is I saw your adorable dog with the pink bow in your avatar pic and I thought that would have made Sherin smile.

Margarita25: Here is one image to start with; I saved it from Pinterest. I see Sherin's hair and chubby cheeks in it. I'm sure you'll come up with others that would make her smile as well.

ETA: You were posting your lovely image as I was posting mine!

(Image Source - Pinterest - saved to my personal account.)

attachment.php

Attachments

• fairyAngel.jpg
    fairyAngel.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 715
attachment.php

I wonder if she'd like the pink one better?
(Image source Amazon)

Perhaps it's been mentioned already, I am just now getting to read here, but we had some pretty heavy rain last night. Wondering if that helped them locate her...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I bet it did! Along with the grass being mowed.

"If we think of how the dog’s nose uses moisture to absorb the scent particles and process the odor through the olfactory cells we can understand why a dog’s sense of smell is better during rainy weather then on hot dry days."

More at link.

http://www.familydisasterdogs.com/2012/12/rain-and-search-dog-tracking.html

Sent from my DL1008M using Tapatalk

I am waiting for the autopsy and forensic evidence because it could tell quite a story. If indeed her Father put her there, this could be reason why he needed to wash his clothes.

So sorry to hear it end this way. Precious child, God rest her sweet soul.

It could also explain some of the random items collected from the home, like the "dried grass". This culvert appears to be pretty solid grass that is maintained, on both sides, meaning if someone had crawled down or in they could have grass and grass stains on clothing or brought it on shoes.

Right now, I am kind of concerned that his bogus story might work to his advantage. Someone like Jose Baez would be able to create reasonable doubt in the jury, that maybe, just maybe, this little sweetheart walked away from that ill advised Time Out, and fell into the culvert, in a terrible accident. :cry:

ITA!

This sweet baby girl would never go that far in the dark of night. She would be petrified and so scared to be out there all alone. If it had really happened she would have been frozen in fear afraid to move. She would have been crying and pounding on the door trying get back in if she had access and not taking a walk about in the dark.

The only truth he told about the 'tree' is he knew he put her by a big tree when he put her body in the culvert. The tree story was about another tree. The one that was close by her watery tomb. :( That IS the tree he was really talking about.

He said the last time he saw her she was by the tree but it wasn't the tree that was beyond their fence. It was the one close by where he hid Sherin's body.

IMO

RBBM

I completely agree. In one of the earlier threads I seem to remember someone saying the alley behind the houses weren't lit well or maybe not lit at all - I can't find the post now. But even if there is a light pole back there I can't imagine a little girl just quietly standing in a dimly lit or completely dark alley at 3 am.

If her dad actually did that to her it makes me sick to think how scared she would have been. My personal opinion though is something happened in the house and 3 am is notable for a different reason, such as... speculation on my part ... she had been hurt earlier and by 3 am it became obvious she needed medical help, or she actually died around that time.

I dunno, I guess we'll hear more tomorrow but until LE and the ME say her death was accidental I'm anticipating an arrest. And for what it's worth I've seen nearly zero cases here where a child had a fatal accident and the parent got scared and tried to cover it up by saying they were missing. IMO parents often get away with claiming an accident when in reality it was they who caused their child's death and by the time the child is found the COD is difficult. Then comes the plea deal. JMO.

Also, it makes me sad that msm has dubbed Sherin "the little girl who was put out for not drinking her milk." Sherin was so much more than that. :tears:

Right now, I am kind of concerned that his bogus story might work to his advantage. Someone like Jose Baez would be able to create reasonable doubt in the jury, that maybe, just maybe, this little sweetheart walked away from that ill advised Time Out, and fell into the culvert, in a terrible accident. :cry:

I've thought the same thing, but keep reminding myself that the dogs brought in didn't find Sherin by the tree or in the alley. I believe in early research in thread 1 we had researched that dogs are about 98% accurate, though that may have been cadaver dogs only.

I honestly DO believe that much of his story is true. I believe Sherin woke up for milk. I believe their was likely a fight or something and he snapped. I believe the tree (but previously hadn't) -with the exception it was a different tree he left her under. I believe he then did laundry.

I wouldn't at all be shocked if Sherins COD is natural or starvation/dehydration/elements and that the milk incident was something like she wouldn't drink her milk, he got increasingly upset, maybe she spilled it and caused a big mess in the house that he had to clean up and it was nearing 4 am and he had enough, he snapped, likely hurt her but hadn't killed her, brought her to the car, drove around a bit, placed her under the tree by the culvert and drove off, perhaps he drove around for a little while and went back and she was gone and then he went home and did laundry... meanwhile scared Sherin had no clue where she was, and her survival instinct said to hide and she crawled into the nearby culvert and eventually fell asleep and never woke up... JMO and thoughts trying to incorporate the alleged events of the night...

I’ve been lurking far too long-. Sherin is one of those little girls who touched my heart from the beginning. I live in DFW, and I haven’t logged on, hoping my sadness would decrease, but it didn’t. So here I am, to mourn with all of you.

This poor sweet baby girl never never had a chance in life. None. It’s a wonder she was even smiling in photos. I desperately wish that I could’ve given her even one day of the happy childhood that I had with my late mother.

I don’t know if this has been shared yet, but it tore me to pieces. Back in India, the orphanage found little Sherin dumped in bushes. Just as if she were nothing. And now she was dumped in a culvert. Absolutely heart-wrenching. I sure hope that she is given a proper funeral and burial, and that some of the lovely gifts and letters placed at the tree will be buried with her. This little girl deserves a beautiful final resting place, not bushes or a culvert. :(

But knowing WM, he’d rather pay bond again than use the money for Sherin. I swear, I’m the same age as WM, and from the first time I saw his pic, I got a creepy feeling. Very similar to some online dating profiles I see, lol.

It’ll be interesting to see what develops in the next few days. With the body found and custody hearing tomorrow, I hope that WM doesn’t punish someone else for not drinking their milk before he’s back in custody.

https://www.dallasnews.com/news/ric...hardson-3-year-old-dumped-bushes-put-adoption

Awww, man. Just saw an article about Sherin on the Yahoo news page.
There's no way that I believe she walked there on her own !!!

Poor baby girl. May she rest in gentle peace and soar free !

My .02 is there might be an arrest . Some people don't deserve the privilege of having children -- adopted or biological. :(

Remember though, it's going to take some smooth talking to explain away the rest of dad's story - deciding to do laundry after seeing that she was no longer under the tree and then waiting for hours before waking up his wife or calling LE. I can't see even Jose pulling a rabbit out of that hat.

At the very least he's gonna do time for the actions that he told to LE. She was just 3 FGS. Ooh, I'm so angry!!

Eta: maybe Sherin would have liked this doll:

attachment.php

(Image source Amazon)
I see Sherin, that beautiful smile, in pink and gold......

As she truly IS OUR PRINCESS!!!!

RIP, baby girl! We will all see you one day!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Is there a train schedule of what time trains pass through? One news video mentioned that the railroads run from her house to near where she was found. If any trains run from 3:00-8:00 am it is conceivable to think she could have been spotted if she walked along the tracks to the area she was found. Since many trains have cameras it would not be out of the question to think (if she walked) she would have been recorded doing so. Of course, I don’t believe for a second she walked there. I am just thinking of one more thing to disprove his possible argument.

Remember though, it's going to take some smooth talking to explain away the rest of dad's story - deciding to do laundry after seeing that she was no longer under the tree and then waiting for hours before waking up his wife or calling LE. I can't see even Jose pulling a rabbit out of that hat.

At the very least he's gonna do time for the actions that he told to LE. She was just 3 FGS. Ooh, I'm so angry!!

Plus the car leaving at 4am, that he didn't disclose) and whatever forensics (grass?) they found in the vehicle.

An arrest will not come soon enough in this case. No bleepin' bail this time. I want an arrest and I want this on suicide watch so he can't take the easy way out.

No way is bio child coming home anytime soon.

How on earth is it even possible for a tiny child to be thrown away like trash twice, on opposite sides of the planet. The odds must be astronomical, and here we are, again.

Did anyone notice three churches exist between the Mathews home and where she was found. WM had so many options to do the right thing and didn't.

Dear Mm9701,

Your words in your message are beautiful and poignant. I share in your mourning of this little
girl.

That photo of little Sherin captures my heart each time when I see her little twinkle giggle at the corner of her eyes when she smiles.

Her eyes and expression show hope and love. How that was not returned is a great mystery

Although it looked as if this news would one day appear, I held out impossible hope that somehow she was safe somewhere.

My heart is greatly saddened by this as I know so many others feel this same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member