Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #6 *Arrest*

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is LE still searching the ground or have they done another search of the home/garage? If not to the home I assume that means they already went through the entire thing looking for all the things w have wondered about, which means no one has had a chance to clean up any possible remaining proof... The outside searches I am wondering about are because of so much rumour she was moved based on the fact ppl are saying they walked there everyday and one person even said their dog ran through the Culvert... Though IMO unless her dog always did this, it may have done this because of Sherin despite the fact it didn't stop inside... I know just rumours but really wondering based on these alleged witnesses to a clear culvert, if they're looking for a secondary scene?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

So, literally it was K9's and their handlers that found her...... instead of LE?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Am I wrong, or was there a very early report, right after she was found, saying that 2 people walking their dogs found the child's body? I swear I remember reading that...?

So, literally it was K9's and their handlers that found her...... instead of LE?

Dog's are great workers, all they ask in return is an ear scratch and maybe a ball.

I do kinda think WM moved her, or got someone to move her, for him. I believe they were getting close in the search at one point, and he panicked, but thankfully, he lost.

The culvert is a straight shot, all the way through, and is 100' long. A LEO said he searched it on day 2, and a lady onsight, when the dog found her, said she'd looked in there the day before. Very strange with the culvert being so close and so many folks searching that area.

https://heavy.com/news/2017/10/sherin-mathews-body-father-arrested-texas/

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Exactly. That's what I'm saying. Something was being done to her that was irritating her throat or stomach in that home.

Sorry, I misunderstood what you meant! And I agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have three adult bio children. All of which are very picky eaters. One may like fast food, another may prefer a sandwich.... no matter what they preferred, I always made sure that I cooked something that each of them liked. Myself, I only eat when I'm hungry... which is seldom.... and small portions. My youngest, she is tall and very thin, eats much more then her brothers. Can't gain weight. Just recently, we found out that she's a diabetic. (Breaks my heart) and probably has been since childhood. Even though she was 9 lbs 9 oz at birth, continued to gain weight, until she began toddling.... she had been "sick" all of her life. Literally.
I'm babbling.
Besides my three bio children, I've assisted in raising many more. Fostered many children. Most of them hoarded food. (This has nothing to do with this case, just my experience.) One time, my house smelled terrible! I searched and searched and searched for the "culprit", I began to think it was a dead rodent in the walls. After about 3 weeks, I found the "culprit". It was in the form of a HUGE bowl of ice cream, with soda in it, hidden behind my quilt rack. That memory actually makes me laugh, as that is the only place I hadn't looked. my youngest "foster" had done it. His punishment? Throw it in the trash! If you ever want food, no matter the time, tell someone! You don't have to hide it!

That said, he was well overweight, scared to death of water, cussed like a sailor, wanted to fight..... everyday.

He was with us for 3 years. He came to our home when he was 5, from an institution. Daily, one of us had to go to the school, because he was so destructive. I wore bruises, bled, cried, begged, prayed.... everything that you could think of..... because I KNEW his past.....I KNEW he deserved a better life!!!!! Eventually, he got over the fear, the behaviors became seldom, the hoarding stopped. Then we decided to bring his younger brother (11 months younger) into our home. That lasted all of 4 months. Younger brother decided he was running away. On Halloween, around 4 p.m.

Both boys were taken from our family. I'm not sure why I chose to share this story, except that it really took a huge toll on our lives.

Sorry for such a lengthy, off topic post

Am I wrong, or was there a very early report, right after she was found, saying that 2 people walking their dogs found the child's body? I swear I remember reading that...?
That's what I thought as well!

Where I'm from expecting parents are offered classes that teach them first aid they may need to implement in emergency situations, such as CPR and the baby heimlich, and most first time parents take them. Are these also offered in the US, specifically in Texas? I know mum would have been able to provide treatment to Sherin, but I'm wondering if dad would have also had the skills to try and help her?

Yes, hospitals here offer parenting an first aid classes. They aren't required and completely voluntary. (Unless court ordered.)

RPD said that their dogs led them there at about the same time as walkers stumbled on the location and that they basically found her at the same time... I think this was in a presser on fox4 but I'm on iPad and suck even worse at finding links here...

I have three adult bio children. All of which are very picky eaters. One may like fast food, another may prefer a sandwich.... no matter what they preferred, I always made sure that I cooked something that each of them liked. Myself, I only eat when I'm hungry... which is seldom.... and small portions. My youngest, she is tall and very thin, eats much more then her brothers. Can't gain weight. Just recently, we found out that she's a diabetic. (Breaks my heart) and probably has been since childhood. Even though she was 9 lbs 9 oz at birth, continued to gain weight, until she began toddling.... she had been "sick" all of her life. Literally.
I'm babbling.
Besides my three bio children, I've assisted in raising many more. Fostered many children. Most of them hoarded food. (This has nothing to do with this case, just my experience.) One time, my house smelled terrible! I searched and searched and searched for the "culprit", I began to think it was a dead rodent in the walls. After about 3 weeks, I found the "culprit". It was in the form of a HUGE bowl of ice cream, with soda in it, hidden behind my quilt rack. That memory actually makes me laugh, as that is the only place I hadn't looked. my youngest "foster" had done it. His punishment? Throw it in the trash! If you ever want food, no matter the time, tell someone! You don't have to hide it!

That said, he was well overweight, scared to death of water, cussed like a sailor, wanted to fight..... everyday.

He was with us for 3 years. He came to our home when he was 5, from an institution. Daily, one of us had to go to the school, because he was so destructive. I wore bruises, bled, cried, begged, prayed.... everything that you could think of..... because I KNEW his past.....I KNEW he deserved a better life!!!!! Eventually, he got over the fear, the behaviors became seldom, the hoarding stopped. Then we decided to bring his younger brother (11 months younger) into our home. That lasted all of 4 months. Younger brother decided he was running away. On Halloween, around 4 p.m.

Both boys were taken from our family. I'm not sure why I chose to share this story, except that it really took a huge toll on our lives.

The eldest foster brother became very violent, again, when we brought the youngest into our home.

Each time I hear about Sherin and eating difficulties I think back to what my mother told me. I was the only child of older parents. She used to tell me I was a "terrible" eater. If there was a food that I would eat my parents would make sure there was plenty of it. Of course, by that time it was no longer something I wanted. She mentioned it to the pediatrician who wisely told her he had never seen a child willingly starve themselves, back off and I would be fine. (Note this was back in the late 50's, that school of thought has probably changed, by now) As a child I was always smaller than the other kids. That was the "norm" for me. Obviously I didn't starve to death and am still here to tell the story. I have always been a person that eats when I'm hungry not necessarily because it's "meal time". Just a thought on Sherin's "eating problems".

Obviously our childhood pediatricians went to the same school of thought. When I was very young, shortly after the death of my father I became a “very” picky eater. For about 2 and 1/2 years all I would eat was Campbell’s Chicken Noodle Soup. Absolutely nothing else. My Dr. also tried the “don’t worry she will eat if she gets hungry enough” and the I’ve never seen.... well, after nearly a week of my hunger strike he decided the soup was better than nothing. After a lot of soup I finally braodened my horizons one taste at a time. Now I love food too much LOL.

When my 11 yr old was having feeding issues I often called what we did force feeding but that wasn’t accurate. It was more like creative feeding. She was a 24 wk preemie less than 2 pounds, had failure to thrive issues and sensory issues with food textures. Her nutritionist and I fought every step of the way. She demanded that I only feed Katie in her high chair and Katie refused to eat in the chair. I along with all of her Dr’s were more concerned about her eating than sitting. So I fed her on my lap (since she was adopted this doubled as bonding time) I gently stroked her cheek and sang to her (my other children considered my singing as punishment) everytime she opens her mouth I popped in a little bite and stroked the cheek to in induce swallowing. My goal was one more bite than the last and it worked. We offered food at least every hour. A bite here and a bite there add up.

When she finally began walking I was ashamed to Le people know that we used what we referred to as the “Helen Keller” dining method. (The dinner scene from the movie The Miracle Worker at the beginning) Katie still refused to eat in the high chair or any chair for that matter. But just like any child she enjoyed the thrill of thinking she was doing something she shouldn’t. So we put food on our p,ages for her and she walked back and forth “sneaking” a bite form our plates. Sometimes it was just her food on the plate and I would hold a spoonful when she could get to it and pretend I didn’t see her get it LOL. Once she had gained enough weight then and only then did we work on sitting and table manners. We avoided power struggles while maintaining control and achieving our goals. Now Katie eats everything including Brussels sprouts, shrimp, and her favorite foods are anything from the Chinese restaurant and my homemade spaghetti sauce. She doesn’t care if it is veal parm, manicotti, baked spaghetti, lasagna or tortellini as long as it has my sauce recipe on it. She will eat more of it that my husband and I combined. She is still thin but not too thin.

JMHO

BTW the pic below is my Katie at Sherin’s age. It was her first formal black tie dinner.

I haven't followed this case but found this article interesting. Didn't see it posted yet.

Ex-Caregiver of Texas Girl Found Dead Disputes Dad’s Claim She Was Malnourished
by Associated Press

NEW DELHI — A toddler whose body was recently found in a drain in suburban Dallas was cheerful, healthy and eating well a year ago when she met her new parents, according to the manager of the Indian orphanage from where Sherin Mathews was adopted.

Babita Kumari said she wants to know what happened to the 3-year-old girl, whose father has been jailed after telling police that Sherin had choked to death while drinking milk in the middle of the night. Wesley Mathews has told police Sherin needed a special diet involving meals at odd hours because she was malnourished...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/ex-caregiver-texas-girl-found-dead-disputes-dad-s-claim-n814951

But if you look at the picture of the child, when she was still at the orphanage, she looks emaciated. And the same orphanage was charged with not feeding the children well enough, many who became malnourished.

So I have to take this statement with a huge grain of salt.

I think everyone has little food issues. My husband hated anything white. Cream cheese, cottage cheese, sour cream. He also hated pineapple cuz he got sick after eating pineapple upside down cake.

I shudder at grape juice because when I was in the hospital at 12 years old, they gave me cod liver oil in grape juice and I barfed it up. I always associate grape juice with that experience. I wouldn't eat pancakes, I had no idea why until one day my sisters and mom were talking about why none of us 6 kids will eat pancakes. Apparently we had pancakes one morning, then later we all came down with the flu and upchucked them.

I have a friend who cannot eat food that touches anything else on her plate, even though it all goes to the same place. lol she's a blast at a restaurant.

Some kids use food as control, the only thing they have control over in their lives.

Both my kids had certain things they wouldn't eat. One hated spaghetti and tomatoes but put ketchup on bread, tacos, you name it. The other hates bell peppers and onions. He's a blast to make fajitas for.

Maybe Sherin just didn't like the Ensure/Pedialyte. The taste or the texture. It could have been that simple.

Yep, that's what I was thinking too. Maybe Sherin just didn't like the taste of Ensure or the high protein drinks? They can be kinda awful tasting.
At daycare or church, she got to eat/drink chocolate milk or juice and cookies just like all the other kids.

This is my first case to follow other than reading news reports and not commenting
It has changed me , in ways I didn't see coming. Always been a little OCD , always enjoyed researching , and looking for answers. Searching for my grandson so many years ago was all I focused on for several months .
Gods plan is not always what we see or even find ourselves willing to accept.
This child is a bright light in a very dark place. She was special before any of us " knew " her.
Praying for peace that comes with closure , as well as Justice served.

The eldest foster brother became very violent, again, when we brought the youngest into our home.

One of my closest friends was a long time foster parent. She adopted 5 children over the years and fostered about 100, for various lengths of time.

I don't think people understand how intense it can be to try and care for a child that has been neglected/abused/terrified/traumatized, and try and give them a normal life experience. It is so difficult and my heart goes out to the entire family. They truly do God's work. :candle:

No, you are not wrong, I remember that too, which is why later I was confused hearing cadaver dogs found her,

I hate to keep asking this question, but I feel it's important. I know that some states near me require CPR training before they will let you foster or adopt. In a post on the last thread (maybe), someone said you have to follow state laws here as well as the laws of the country where the adopted child is from in order to qualify. I would like to know if WM was required to do this as part of the adoption process. Maybe I'm way off here, but if he knew CPR could he not have saved her life if it was just a case of choking on milk?

I hate to keep asking this question, but I feel it's important. I know that some states near me require CPR training before they will let you foster or adopt. In a post on the last thread (maybe), someone said you have to follow state laws here as well as the laws of the country where the adopted child is from in order to qualify. I would like to know if WM was required to do this as part of the adoption process. Maybe I'm way off here, but if he knew CPR could he not have saved her life if it was just a case of choking on milk?

Part of CPR is knowing that you have to call 911 asap, esp with children... Even if he had performed CPR he didn't follow through with dialling 911 or shouting for help...

I'm babbling.

I have never fostered, but I have known a few foster families, and my son came to me after time from birth in a foster home. Always totally grateful to them for the gift of keeping my son safe until we matched. And I know it was very, very difficult for them to say goodby. Hard for outsiders to understand exactly how such difficult kids manage to enrich our lives.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SashaBN1