Found Deceased TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #8 *Arrests*

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was new to me (admitted moving body). Media hyperbole or did they get this info from somewhere?

The little girl's body was later found in a culvert not far from the family’s home. Her adoptive father, Wesley Mathews, then told police she died while choking on milk that he forced her to drink. He admitted moving her body.

http://www.fox4news.com/news/judge-reduces-bond-for-sherin-mathews-mother

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Interesting thought. I would think that phone records would show who they communicated with during that time and then those people would be interrogated.

It is so frustrating when we are at this point in a case. Just waiting on autopsy reports and waiting for the other show to drop. I do have faith in LE here though and I think they are being very careful in how they are handling things, making sure they don't move too quickly and damage the case.
Is it possible LE is keeping the results of the autopsy report under their hats? Preventing the parents from building yet another story around the report.

I don't think she died in a high chair, or from a high chair. I think there will be a defense based on the evidence the detectives and prosecutors find, and what they can piece together by themselves, because we know these loving parents of Sherin wouldn't want to just tell the truth. Why not admit this "accidental death" to the police, if that was the case? Why throw your daughter away in a drainage ditch? In hopes that evidence would be destroyed, no?

Yes, I agree. There continue to be many missing pieces regarding the timeline, the specific roles played and so forth. But I do think that the reason for the story and for hiding the body is that the body is evidence of a crime that goes beyond negligence (which WM has admitted to). Recall that WM turned himself in, with a revised story, when the body was found. IOW, when the evidence surfaced. Interesting detail: wittingly or unwittingly, the new story drew SM in as co-actor, at least as far as the admitted negligence is concerned. This raises a lot of questions. What did he hope to accomplish? He placed himself in the role of last person to see Sherin alive, and admitted to "assisting" with the milk that choked her and (based on his story) caused her death. If his motive for cover-up was to protect SM's ability to parent their other daughter, why implicate her. (I suppose LE might have already discovered that there were only 3 at dinner and confronted him with that info)

Along the continuum from negligence resulting in death through anger/frustration or other bad acts causing death unexpectedly to a premeditated murder for the purpose of ending Sherin' life, I still fall beyond negligence and closer to anger/frustration than premeditation, primarily because the cover-up has been so poorly executed. More in the nature of responses on the fly than acting on a plan.

But a clear picture still remains elusive to me.

Is it possible LE is keeping the results of the autopsy report under their hats? Preventing the parents from building yet another story around the report.

I don't know if that is possible or not, but I do think the ME is still waiting for tox reports before making the official report.

Jmopiniononly

I don't think she died in a high chair, or from a high chair. I think there will be a defense based on the evidence the detectives and prosecutors find, and what they can piece together by themselves, because we know these loving parents of Sherin wouldn't want to just tell the truth. Why not admit this "accidental death" to the police, if that was the case? Why throw your daughter away in a drainage ditch? In hopes that evidence would be destroyed, no?
Folks, this is a must see.
This child is ok. His mother got to him in time.
Youtube window blinds- a deadly delay. Fight to keep children safe.

She died at home, so that is the first place her lifeless body was. The perp then moved the body to the culvert.

In other words, she wasn't killed at the culvert but was brought there after she died.

jmo

My understanding from the affidavit--which LE seems to have kept purposely vague (or WM was) is that he admits to removing the body from the house. It does not say that he placed her in the culvert. Still an open question about how long she was in the culvert, given the early search that did not locate her.

I would guess that they will sit on results unless/until they are useful in levelling new charges. Or until the report is complete and requested by news agencies. From there I don't know what Texas Sunshine Laws require.

I cannot keep up with all that has been discussed here, but has anyone considered that Sherin was strapped into her highchair or booster chair while the parents and sibling went to supper?

While they were gone, Sherin attempted to wriggle out of her chair, got caught in the strap and strangled? (Choked on her milk)

When Mommy and Daddy returned, she was already dead.

Thus it took awhile to come up with a plan and dispose of Sherin? This has been my thought ever since I saw she was left alone, but I have not seen this discussed.

I imagined something similar but it didn't get much traction. For some reason I keep imagining her struggling to get free and the high chair tipping over.

What sounds worse:

I left my toddler home alone, strapped in her high chair and she became entangled in the straps and strangled herself.

or

I took my toddler outside at 3am because she wouldn't drink her milk and put her on the other side of my fence, across the alley, under a tree. When I checked back 15 minutes later, she wasn't there so I did laundry and waited for it to get light out.

or

My toddler wouldn't drink her milk in the garage at 3am so I physically assisted her, she choked, her breathing slowed and when I checked her pulse, I couldn't find it so I thought she was dead.

Story #1 makes him sound like Father of the Year compared to the other 2 stories. I don't think this tragedy would have gotten the coverage or the outrage that it's garnered if not for that first outrageous account of the events of that night.
Agreed !

I don't believe the Mathews viewed leaving Sherin home alone while they went to dinner as a problem, so I can't imagine that they would create this huge fiasco of the tree and garage and milk to cover up that she died in her high chair.
But that's just my opinion. I am thoroughly appreciating the exploration of different theories. Awesome thinking everyone!

Something tells me we all need to hang on as the rest of this story is told.... and I certainly hope it will be. And I do think LE is doing everything they can to get this case solved.

We have discussed repeatedly the issue of parents seaching for a missing child. I have stubbornly held on to my believe that LE instructs immediate family not to search for a variety of reasons. I was reviewing the FB page of the mother of a missing 3 yr old here in NC and ran across a few things of interest that I thought might apply here.
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...Woods-3-Onslow-County-27-November-2017/page26

https://www.facebook.com/kristy.k.woods?lst=1278392566:100001052140063:1511880427
And FBI won't let family search
Law enforcement doesn’t usually want parents or civilians searching, especially if they are using dogs.

I also thought of Sherin immediately yesterday morning as my phone screamed with the Amber Alert and I saw her description:

3 yr old 2 foot 9 inches 30 pounds. I have always wondered and now even more so if Sherin was really 3 foot. She appeared smaller than that and I recall another poster stating that 3 foot would be within the percentile on the growth chart that would not indicate concern but the weight would. As chubby as she appeared in pics she was not underweight for her height so therefore either her weight or height was incorrect. I am guessing it was her height.

Compare the pics of Sherin with Mariah the other missing 3 yr old. Mariah turned 3 in October and these pics were from then.
attachment.php
attachment.php

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• 9EF5DF9A-3943-4764-A045-104A6F06D266.jpeg
    9EF5DF9A-3943-4764-A045-104A6F06D266.jpeg
    44.7 KB · Views: 640
  • 436BDF67-C20B-4925-9DD5-AB5464636D98.jpg
    436BDF67-C20B-4925-9DD5-AB5464636D98.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 631
  • 14D745A5-9634-430F-A188-1E305E5D18DA.jpeg
    14D745A5-9634-430F-A188-1E305E5D18DA.jpeg
    36.4 KB · Views: 629
  • F23FA767-628C-4060-8D1B-96EBDE3D1C81.jpeg
    F23FA767-628C-4060-8D1B-96EBDE3D1C81.jpeg
    35.2 KB · Views: 629
Sherin's height and weight have never concerned me. My great niece is almost 3 and she is smaller than Sherin. She is a VERY picky eater and they try their hardest to get her to drink pediasure constantly. She'll drink that and eat Goldfish. That's about it.

I still maintain that whatever happened originated from a battle over food and wills. I also still maintain that these parents are monsters and should never see the light of day again in their selfish, sorry lives.
MOO...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have nothing to add today.. but just checking in, letting Sherin know that I am still here, and have not faded off as the hype around this case simmers down due to wait on the ME Reports. I did end up down the rabbit hole of another case last night.. and my heart is breaking.. My husbands reaction to this when I told him was to turn off my laptop and disconnect the wifi so I couldnt use my phone... Mine.. Another One?! WHY - WHAT is going on in the world..

from Maria Guerrero's FB page:
Sini Mathews is still in jail on $100,000 bond.
I am told she will likely not bond out before tomorrow's CPS hearing at 1pm. I plan on being in court tomorrow for this hearing.
If you click on the article below - and watch the video at :55 seconds you can see that Sini's attorney is talking to her about something and she then whips around and says 'That is not true! No, that is not true!" It is not known what he was discussing. But he then smiles about whatever they were discussing.
And here is the video Maria is talking about: https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...duction-Hearing-Set-for-Monday-460280873.html

Further down in the article is a raw video from the courtroom which shows the entire interaction between Sini and a member of her legal team Eye Opening to see her interacting.

From that same video, https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...duction-Hearing-Set-for-Monday-460280873.html one of the detectives is sent up to testify about the evidence they have regarding Sini's actions after Sherin's death. Then the DA speaks and his words, in my opinion, speak volumes.
In mid-November, she requested her alive daughter's shot records from her pediatrician, saying the girl would go to India to be with family.Maria says the detective said that even though Sini has surrendered her passport, he believes she would get a fake one, out of sheer desperation. The district attorney said, in his argument about not lowering the bond and actually increasing it: "The facts that are contained in the affidavit show that this woman is wicked enough to leave a 3 year old girl alone in her house while she and her husband go have dinner. That shows the level of depravity of this woman's heart in and of itself." Sini's lawyer refused to comment on the "hyperbole of the district attorney."

From that same video, https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/S...duction-Hearing-Set-for-Monday-460280873.html one of the detectives is sent up to testify about the evidence they have regarding Sini's actions after Sherin's death. Then the DA speaks and his words, in my opinion, speak volumes.
In mid-November, she requested her alive daughter's shot records from her pediatrician, saying the girl would go to India to be with family.Maria says the detective said that even though Sini has surrendered her passport, he believes she would get a fake one, out of sheer desperation. The district attorney said, in his argument about not lowering the bond and actually increasing it: "The facts that are contained in the affidavit show that this woman is wicked enough to leave a 3 year old girl alone in her house while she and her husband go have dinner. That shows the level of depravity of this woman's heart in and of itself." Sini's lawyer refused to comment on the "hyperbole of the district attorney."

Why would she send her to India to be with family unless she was planning on going to India too? We know her parents and brother live here so why would she send her to a family member in India where she wouldn't be able to see her? The only explanation is that she was planning on joining her. Good thing she has that ankle monitor.

Why would she send her to India to be with family unless she was planning on going to India too? We know her parents and brother live here so why would she send her to a family member in India where she wouldn't be able to see her? The only explanation is that she was planning on joining her. Good thing she has that ankle monitor.

She hasn't bonded out yet, but I expect she will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500