GUILTY TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

I still want this whole thing attached permanently to her nursing license!

Would they have treated their bio-daughter this way???

Civilized people wouldn't treat a pet that way....

JMHO YMMV
If you treat a pet that way in Texas, it's a felony.

House Bill 653 and Senate Bill 1724, commonly known as “Loco’s Law,” went into effect September 1, 2001, making animal cruelty a felony and punishable by a $10,000 fine and up to two years in jail.

Lock her up.

This is what the court site has for June 24th:

SET FOR DATE 062419 SET FOR TIME 0830 SET TYPE TRIL PASSED TO DATE ______
SET DISPOSITION CODE __ PASSED GENERALLY _ COMMENTS ORD_SETTING_TRIAL_____
STATES RECOMMENDATION ____________________ REC NO 01 _

link: https://www.dallascounty.org/criminalBackgroundSearch/defendant_detail?ln=01

Does that mean they are only having a hearing to "set trial date"?? But the Set Type - 1st line says "trial"?

Was the trial continued?

Wesley Mathews Appears in Court for Pretrial Hearing

There were two issues discussed in open court, including the state’s intent to bring forward evidence in the punishment phase of the trial that prosecutors say shows Sherin suffered injuries previous to her death in October of 2017.
[.....]
Mathews’ defense attorneys argued there is no way for prosecutors to show who is responsible for injuries done to the child.

It has been documented Sini took Sherin to numerous therapy sessions so there is the potential that Sherin was hurt by a person other than her parents.

If the state cannot link the allegation to Mathews it could cause him great harm in the punishment phase, argued his attorney.
[.....]
Another issue the judge will decide on is whether Mathews will be shackled during his trial. Mathews was shackled at the waist and feet during the pre-trial hearing. His defense team argues Mathews has not had any disciplinary issues while incarcerated since 2017.
[.....]
Judge Amber Givens-Davis will decide on both matters on June 11.

Wesley Mathews capital murder trial is set to begin June 24.

so - never mind - this article answered my question.

I had been away from here for a while, as I had been coming on earlier and conversations had slowed down, I'm thrilled to see that you are still here defending Baby Sherin's voice when those who knew her best did not. Just when I feel the world has gone mad....people like you prove me wrong.

I just don't get it ! Sini wanted a baby desperately but she just wasn't getting pregnant. That's when adoption plans were put into place. During the lengthy procedure Sini becomes pregnant. They didn't have Sherin yet so they could have halted the adoption rather than going ahead.

From the beginning Sini didn't want sweet Sherin and did her best to treat her differently to her bio daughter. If Wesley had to become responsible for looking after Sherin they still could have given her up but didn't.

I'm certain that Sini has several things she should have been charged with, sufficient to face trial. But no, she's off the hook. I just don't get it.

If Sini escapes all charges, does that mean she can have custody of her bio-daughter.

I wouldn't let her watch my goldfish. I hope she does not have custody of her little girl anymore.

Not looking for a quote, but MSM used the phrase "termination of parental rights."

That's permanent and total.

However, the child IIRC was placed with family members in Texas. If those family members legally adopt the child, those family members decide what relationship other people -- including Sini or Wesley -- have with her.

If the child is in Alternative Care, 'foster care,' or any other form of State custody, representatives of the State decide who can & cannot see here. (But, they do not have 24/7 oversight.)

5560 Involuntary and Voluntary Termination of Parental Rights

Though we would make a good decision for the child, no one is likely to ask us.

The child may need counseling. Think about what she probably witnessed in that house. Probably she wasn't equipped to process what happened to her little sister, which may be worse. It may show up later if she becomes a parent, she has been horribly 'shown' what to do when tiny children fall short of their parents' expectations.

JMHO YMMV

RIP Sherin! Hey, there's a lot of room for skipping & dancing here in my kitchen. Or, we can get out aaaaallll of the cake pans & decide what shape of cake we want. Yard? Sure, we can go outside & look at the neighbors dogs through the fence! Love, Auntie Laughing

Tuesday, June 11th:
*Motions Hearing (@ 8:30am CT) - TX - Sherin Mathews (3) (Oct. 7, 2017, Richardson) - *Wesley Mon Mathews (37) - indicted (1/12/18) on four felonies, capital murder, injury to a child (1st degree Felony), abandoning a child and tampering with physical evidence; was bond at $1M, now at $2.25M & reduced on 8/1/18 to $1.35M. DA will seek DP.
Trial was set for 5/1/19, moved to 6/24/19.
Court hearings from 4/5/18 thru 6/7/19 reference post #486 here:
Found Deceased - TX - Sherin Mathews, 3, Richardson, 7 Oct 2017 #9

6/7/19 Update: State’s intent to bring forward evidence in the punishment phase of the trial that prosecutors say shows Sherin suffered injuries previous to her death in October of 2017. Another issue the judge will decide on is whether Mathews will be shackled during his trial. Mathews was shackled at the waist and feet during the pre-trial hearing. Judge will decide at hearing on 6/11.
For Sini: Trial has been postponed to 4/15, as a new DA is in place. Next bond reduction hearing 1/11-denied, Status hearing on 1/28 & Motions for Severance hearing on 2/4. Trial was 3/15/19. 3/1/19 Update: The charges against Sini Mathews were dropped Friday after the district attorney said there was not enough evidence to proceed. In a letter to the 282nd Criminal District Court, the Dallas County DA wrote that "after extensive investigation it has been determined that the state cannot prove this matter beyond a reasonable doubt at this time the state respectfully requests that this case be dismissed without prejudice." She has been released from jail.

Sini's charges were dismissed without prejudice. So, they can be refiled later. It's very possible that during Wesley's trial evidence will emerge that will cause Sini to be charged again.

I hope so. They were in this together. They BOTH took their bio baby out to dinner and left poor sweet Sherin home alone and hungry and scared. That was evil on both of their parts. It was abusive to both daughters.
Sini knew about the broken bones. She did nothing about it and she is a paediatric RN? It is disgusting behaviour on her part. It bothers the he!! out of me that she is walking away free from this brutal murder.

Mathews appeared in court again on Tuesday, shackled at the waist and feet, but he will not be shackled during his trial.

The state will be able to present evidence to jurors of injuries Sherin Mathews sustained in the months leading up to her death in October 2017.

--------------------------------------------------------

Prosecutors will also be allowed to tell jurors that on Feb. 24, 2017, Wesley Mathews failed to keep a scheduled appointment with the Failure to Thrive Clinic at Children's Hospital for Sherin.

------------------------------------------------------

The state will also be able to tell jurors that Mathews "provided false and misleading information to the Richardson Police Department."

--------------------------------------------------------

Mathews has "never mentioned Sherin Mathews in any letters that he has written while incarcerated," the state said.

Judge Rules on Evidence to Be Permitted in Mathews Trial

Thanks for the link but it's 1 1/2 yrs old so they must have decided not to seek the death penalty.
The link above, just provided by MsFacetious, states: If convicted, he faces life in prison.

Wonder when DP was dropped? I've not seen any mention of it but ther3 again I'm in UK and not permitted access to some sites so could have missed it I guess.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
genepool48
Back