GUILTY TX - Six Stay family members slain in their Spring home, 9 July 2014

Sometimes I don't understand the logic behind a 'standoff'. I think there is a pretty good reason to believe this is the guy who just killed the 5 family members and injured 2 others, INCLUDING BABIES. This is Texas, Death penalty state.....so ultimately that will be his fate *** if found guilty by a jury of his peers*** . So I sometimes wonder why not just take him out ? That sounds harsh and unjust to some maybe, but at this moment, we have 30 or so LE with their lives in jeopardy waiting to see if this guy will surrender and if he does surrender, loads of tax dollars to try, convict and house while awaiting the death penalty. I don't see the point I guess.

ETA Did I just sound like a super redneck Texan that everyone hates for being heartless?

LOL, naw. I'm not a Texan (my doggy is, he was born there, lol). I lived there in the 80's and a few years ago. Thinking off moving back.

Sometimes I don't understand the logic behind a 'standoff'. I think there is a pretty good reason to believe this is the guy who just killed the 5 family members and injured 2 others, INCLUDING BABIES. This is Texas, Death penalty state.....so ultimately that will be his fate *** if found guilty by a jury of his peers*** . So I sometimes wonder why not just take him out ? That sounds harsh and unjust to some maybe, but at this moment, we have 30 or so LE with their lives in jeopardy waiting to see if this guy will surrender and if he does surrender, loads of tax dollars to try, convict and house while awaiting the death penalty. I don't see the point I guess.

ETA Did I just sound like a super redneck Texan that everyone hates for being heartless?

No you didn't sound that way.

Thank's for the live video link. This guy was a gone'er the moment he killed his family members. He should give up now, cause there's no way out of this, except one or two ...

Yep. Maybe he's thinking his options...but again, ultimately it will be the same outcome, imo. Suicide by cop now OR DP later. jmo

LOL, naw. I'm not a Texan (my doggy is, he was born there, lol). I lived there in the 80's and a few years ago. Thinking off moving back.

I'm in Austin. Move here and our doggies can have play dates!

Why doesn't he just give up? That, shooting himself or getting shot are the only options. Don't understand what he's waiting for.

Yep. Maybe he's thinking his options...but again, ultimately it will be the same outcome, imo. Suicide by cop now OR DP later. jmo

And I'm sure he's thinking right about now that whatever he was so fuming mad about a few hours ago is really insignificant in the big picture.

Must be getting hot in that car. Unless he is running the engine?

For LE's sake I hope it isn't suicide by cop.

I think it's much better if law-enforcement plays things by the book. Without the book how can you tell who's the criminal? JMO.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I wish the helicopter would zoom in close and show us what this guy is doing!

O/T Steve Helling (people mag) had some interesting things to say about Leanna Harris. Hope someone here caught it.

For LE's sake I hope it isn't suicide by cop.

Good point Popsicle! We always hear the term ' suicide by cop' , but that ' cop' is a person who probably did not WANT to take anyone's life on any given day. Even though they are LE and trained for these instances, they are still human and will have to live with that forever, no matter how it happened. I'm sure very few, if any, feel ' good' about taking a life in that fashion.

Why doesn't he just give up? That, shooting himself or getting shot are the only options. Don't understand what he's waiting for.

Maybe they're on the phone with him, trying to talk him out...

In the scanner thread they've apparently asked the media helicopters to leave. I'm guessing that can only mean one thing.

I think it's much better if law-enforcement plays things by the book. Without the book how can you tell who's the criminal? JMO.

I know and you're right, just venting off some frustration. I'm looking at half a department of LE within reach of this guy's weapon and if one of them gets shot after they have him in their sights as well for an hour, it will just seem extra bad. You're right though. You are definitely right.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500
Back