TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #37

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some of us have thought that the perp was possibly laying some groundwork if said perp is responsible for the "creepy" LinkedIn msg to MB. We also know someone close to MB stated that MBs husband had worried something " like this" could happen and had told her she needed to " be prepared". We now know that MBs husband was apparently the one who tipped LE to MBs interactions w CW on LinkedIn. Perhaps another odd coincidence in this case or perhaps not a coincidence at all? JMOO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My theory of the LinkedIn "creepy" message is that Missy may have been using LinkedIN to have a "flirtatious" (I will be charitable) conversation with CW. Then, for whatever reason forgot and left it open with some message from CW still on the screen and then the phone timed out. At some point, perhaps at a friends house, she might have been asked if she had any pictures from Austin, for example, and Missy went to show that and whoops! there was a CW message. I would think that Missy would have closed it quickly and then acted surprised and denied knowing what that was or knowing who that was. MPD was asked about that and they said they hadn't been able to track it down - this is why I think it was a message from CW.

An observation I will make about the use of LinkedIN. When people are running around they often use various apps that encrypt or hide things or are disguised apps for communication, etc. The very presence of such things would be a good bet that something is going on. The clever cheaters, most especially the ones that aren't on their first rodeo (especially having been caught before) will use other means. LinkedIN might be one. A website that has chat available, especially private chat, that is for some other purpose like being all about a specific TV show, for example, might be used. Or say a Crime oriented site with private messaging. Or a cooking/recipe site. Any site really that would be something that you wouldn't expect. Obviously, having things like multiple FB accounts, Twitter (for private Direct Messages), etc. are also used but the person using them either starts them in a private browser window or never saves the login information - this is same thing is often seen with e-mail accounts where the account information is saved. There are ways of uncovering such shenanigans but I won't get into how that might be done and things change quickly so it is always a moving target to know what is current "soup of the day" in cheaterland - or criminal land for that matter.

That is an excellent guess of what the creepy Linkedin message was all about… I know people who have used Linkedin for personal reasons so this makes sense to me.

In my opinion, absolutely, without a doubt. But not that they went to the page. They would have been friends and received Missy's public feed and anything else that would have been just for certain friend lists if Missy put them in there on SP's (actually SP spouse's) own FB page. They quite likely had access to more posts and other things, especially messages and photographs, between MB and SP's spouse without ever having to go to MB's facebook page.

That is a great point. So perp could have had access to MBs pms w spouse in this scenario. I suppose BB could have also had access to MBs pms w that spouse as well since he seemed to know about MBs LinkedIn pms w CW. He could have alerted other spouse if something nefarious was going on. IMO

That is a great point. So perp could have had access to MBs pms w spouse in this scenario. I suppose BB could have also had access to MBs pms w that spouse as well since he seemed to know about MBs LinkedIn pms w CW. He could have alerted other spouse if something nefarious was going on. IMO

Very possible. My manager had something similar. His wife was having an affair with some other married man. The other man's wife found out and contacted my manager and that is how he found out about the affair.

So this kind of cross-contact is likely when you have 4 people. Maybe the way that MB's affair with KC came to light was something along the lines of KC's spouse discovering it first and contacting BB. That might coincide with BB setting up his own FB account and beginning to use it.

Question that I have stewed about since this all happened ,
What are others opinions on whether SP is or was on MB facebook?

In my opinion I totally believe it.

Some of us have thought that the perp was possibly laying some groundwork if said perp is responsible for the "creepy" LinkedIn msg to MB. We also know someone close to MB stated that MBs husband had worried something " like this" could happen and had told her she needed to " be prepared". We now know that MBs husband was apparently the one who tipped LE to MBs interactions w CW on LinkedIn. Perhaps another odd coincidence in this case or perhaps not a coincidence at all? JMOO

Yes, at some point BB would have seen private FB messages that hadn't been deleted. That seems to be the indication from the descriptions in the probable cause sections of the FB warrants. I don't know that BB knew about the LinkedIN pms but my gut tells me he didn't and MPD learned that from the phone dump but wouldn't have mentioned it to BB but BB may have known about FB pms. What is curious in both the LinkedIN warrant affidavit and MB's FB warrant is that there were clear indications that multiple people (at least 2) that LE was in contact with early were aware of CW. In the case of the FB warrant it seems to indicate that those other parties were either kept in the loop about meeting up plans, were conduits or "middle man" (likely a woman) or cut outs or help arranged them or even set up "double dates" out. I suspect in all of this that Missy had a "partner in crime", a fellow traveller if you will, that is the one that led, fed, and supported and encouraged this path at least at one point in time. But I have been wrong about the victim before so it is not impossible that MB was driving the bus. Either way this would have been a toxic fox in the hen house and is persona non grata throughout the B clan.

Very possible. My manager had something similar. His wife was having an affair with some other married man. The other man's wife found out and contacted my manager and that is how he found out about the affair.

So this kind of cross-contact is likely when you have 4 people. Maybe the way that MB's affair with KC came to light was something along the lines of KC's spouse discovering it first and contacting BB. That might coincide with BB setting up his own FB account and beginning to use it.

BBM
I strongly suspect that.

Can someone please post a link for those FB probable cause docs? The link in the media thread isn't working. They're supposed to be somewhere in the regular discussion thread but I haven't found them. :findinglink:

My theory of the LinkedIn "creepy" message is that Missy may have been using LinkedIN to have a "flirtatious" (I will be charitable) conversation with CW. Then, for whatever reason forgot and left it open with some message from CW still on the screen and then the phone timed out. At some point, perhaps at a friends house, she might have been asked if she had any pictures from Austin, for example, and Missy went to show that and whoops! there was a CW message. I would think that Missy would have closed it quickly and then acted surprised and denied knowing what that was or knowing who that was. MPD was asked about that and they said they hadn't been able to track it down - this is why I think it was a message from CW.

An observation I will make about the use of LinkedIN. When people are running around they often use various apps that encrypt or hide things or are disguised apps for communication, etc. The very presence of such things would be a good bet that something is going on. The clever cheaters, most especially the ones that aren't on their first rodeo (especially having been caught before) will use other means. LinkedIN might be one. A website that has chat available, especially private chat, that is for some other purpose like being all about a specific TV show, for example, might be used. Or say a Crime oriented site with private messaging. Or a cooking/recipe site. Any site really that would be something that you wouldn't expect. Obviously, having things like multiple FB accounts, Twitter (for private Direct Messages), etc. are also used but the person using them either starts them in a private browser window or never saves the login information - this is same thing is often seen with e-mail accounts where the account information is saved. There are ways of uncovering such shenanigans but I won't get into how that might be done and things change quickly so it is always a moving target to know what is current "soup of the day" in cheaterland - or criminal land for that matter.

And then there are the super cheaters, who set up a free email account, share the same password and communicate via draft messages. No email is ever sent. Oh wait, that's what criminals do..;--)

-Nin

A couple of things in regard to that document. It mentions "love affairs" and then "specifically CW". Love affairs is plural but it only mentions CW. How should one interpret that wording?

We walked this through a month or two ago. Lovers(minimum 2). In addition…CW. I don’t know how you can parse it to have less than three recent and/or active liaisons happening.

Was one of the lovers KC or the one reportedby KS from the year prior? We don’tknow.

But this iswhat might be causing the hang up. If you’ve got three guys (or more) you probably have three wives (or Sig Others).

Now let me hypothesize. Expand the circle one gradation. The wives (or SO) each have 5 parents,siblings, best friends, etc. People extremely close to them (their inner circle). So now you’relooking at 18 (3 X6) people that could potentially be worked up enough about their sibling, child, best friend, themselves, etc. to come and exact some revenge or eliminate the threat. Out of 18 people.

Is itpossible? Not likely but definitely in therange of possibility. You’ve got somemotive. How much probably depends onthe person.
Something iscausing this thing to drag out 9 months with LE kind of communicating that they’restill working on it but might need some more time or help.

And then there are the super cheaters, who set up a free email account, share the same password and communicate via draft messages. No email is ever sent. Oh wait, that's what criminals do..;--)

-Nin

Not that I will use the method in the future but verrry interesting! :D

I can't click the new doc link??

A couple of things in regard to that document. It mentions "love affairs" and then "specifically CW". Love affairs is plural but it only mentions CW. How should one interpret that wording?

LE is going to be careful in SWs to be more inclusive in their wording, for legal reasons. Casting a wide net, so to speak. So in this case they would prefer to mention love affairs in the plural, if there is even a remote chance of being more than one. But they mention CW because they themselves saw the LinkedIn messages directly.

But also, the SWs for the FB of MB and BB were done at the same time. So LE knew of BB's allegation that MB was having or had an affair with KC. LE didn't have their own evidence - just MB's word. But couple that with the evidence of intimate conversations with CW and making assignations to meet, and that does indicate at least the possibility of affairs in the plural.

LE is going to be careful in SWs to be more inclusive in their wording, for legal reasons. Casting a wide net, so to speak. So in this case they would prefer to mention love affairs in the plural, if there is even a remote chance of being more than one. But they mention CW because they themselves saw the LinkedIn messages directly.

But also, the SWs for the FB of MB and BB were done at the same time. So LE knew of BB's allegation that MB was having or had an affair with KC. LE didn't have their own evidence - just MB's word. But couple that with the evidence of intimate conversations with CW and making assignations to meet, and that does indicate at least the possibility of affairs in the plural.

Yes, thanks. I'm just wondering why they only mentioned CW and not KC or others that might have been private messaging w MB since they are stating "affairs". Perhaps the wording was meant to be affair(s) and therefore making it more clear it could be the one they know of (CW) and others that might be uncovered in course of the investigation.

There's a new comment on MPD FB. They say they are working on the case, won't discuss w public unless it will advance the investigation etc...It's on Visitors Posts. Not sure if it can be brought over here.

There's a new comment on MPD FB. They say they are working on the case, won't discuss w public unless it will advance the investigation etc...It's on Visitors Posts. Not sure if it can be brought over here.

Saw that too. And they seemed to take umbrage at the suggestion that they were putting Missy "out of sight, out of mind."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Val in PA