TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #41

Status
Not open for further replies.
MPD said bluntly "Let me emphasize, though, we don't have any reason whatsoever to believe that this car or its driver are in any way involved in the murder of Missy Bevers." All the quibbling about their exact wording doesn't change their point being made, which as Boudy pointed out is a point that's being treated with casual dismissiveness here.

If you were going to break into a church you wouldn't drive around a gun store parking lot that has so many cameras. There hasn't been anything said by the MPD about this car since the picture they released showing the decal. I believe someone came forward and said that's my car. Also said why they went into the parking lot. SWFA released the last video not the MPD.
Why the MPD never called the media and said the car owner was cleared? Because it doesn't pertain to the case.

What we need is a journalist to ask the obvious follow up question: last year, you told the public you had just one lead left to explore, the car, and you asked for the public's help. Are you still pursuing that lead and is that still part of the investigation?

That should be easy enough, the answer (or non-answer) could help us along....

BBM

Likewise, if you were going to kill someone in a church, you wouldn't walk around the church and get on many cameras. Yet, that's exactly what the killer did.

jmo

Agree!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you were going to break into a church you wouldn't drive around a gun store parking lot that has so many cameras. There hasn't been anything said by the MPD about this car since the picture they released showing the decal. I believe someone came forward and said that's my car. Also said why they went into the parking lot. SWFA released the last video not the MPD.
Why the MPD never called the media and said the car owner was cleared? Because it doesn't pertain to the case.
MPD was talked to after the release of the SWFA video about that Altima by a reporter from the Waxahachie Daily Light. They had every opportunity to say that they had someone come forward and that the Altima nor its driver had no connection to the Missy Bevers case. However, they did not do so. And this is in an article that they made it a point to clear a person by name that was the subject of internet postings that Nancy Grace blew up.

I would think that it would be in MPD's best interests to put this Altima to rest if they had already determined it was a dead end so that they wouldn't have to deal with what would be otherwise useless tips related to this Altima. I know there are others that believe that MPD leaves this Altima hanging out there just to waste people's time and naturally MPD's own time dealing with the useless tips that arise after the SWFA video became known. With only one investigator assigned to the case at this point I can't see how that would be an effective use of their time but then again I don't have as much faith in MPD's abilities as others seem to have.

http://www.waxahachietx.com/news/20170113/reports-of-new-suspect-video-in-bevers-murder-dispelled-by-midlothian-police

As I said yesterday, I am starting at ground zero again. I am ignoring all the previous threads and looking at another direction. There is a very good chance, JMO, that the sp was not known to Missy or her family. CG 's website listed all the camp locations and times on their site. Thousands of ppl could have viewed that information and planned the murder. I think we all need to keep an open mind and explore other possibilities. I still have my perp list BUT its amazing what you can find when you clear your mind and explore other streets. There are endless possibilities of motives in this case.

MPD said bluntly "Let me emphasize, though, we don't have any reason whatsoever to believe that this car or its driver are in any way involved in the murder of Missy Bevers." All the quibbling about their exact wording doesn't change their point being made, which as Boudy pointed out is a point that's being treated with casual dismissiveness here.
In the last thread you discounted (IMO) my post about the brake lights being out and now this.
I'm curious, where or what exactly you find relevant that could progress this case?

I don’t know if we should rely on what BB said a day or two after the murder. He was emotional/traumatized (maybe?)... The police at one point said they could see part of a vehicle but not enough to make out make or model. I don’t know if BB knew that at the time he gave this interview. Also, he changed on whether or not this attack was targeted. I would go with LE statements over BB’s.

ETA: 'There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3549150/Is-SWAT-gear-church-murder-suspect-woman-Police-reveal-new-details-grisly-early-morning-slaying-fitness-coach.html
RBBM I go by what MPDsay also. Their reply to me when I asked about ghe only place to quote this was NBC5 iirc and the Daily mail quoted NBC5. MPD stated the surveillance camera spoken of here was at SWFA.
There’s one surveillance camera where you can see the car in the far corner of the frame, parked in the distance. You can't make out a plate, and we're not even comfortable releasing anything about a possible make or model,' Johnson said

**Link to ss is on last page of media thread.

On MPD Facebook page they state no one has came forward in refer to the Altima at SWFA. Jmho they are not going to say Altima is NOT involved until they know for sure. No arrest has been made and as far as I know no one has been positively cleared. Again no arrest.

There are at least a couple places where one could park a car on the CCoC property where it would not be seen by MB/Campers unless you went out looking for it. And 4 Oclock in the morning in a driving rain storm isn't a situation where you'd canvas the property (without a hint of anything being wrong). 1). Behind the building, behind the cement retaining wall. You can not see back there from the front of the building. 2. In the or behind the bushes at the end of one of the long extensions of the parking lot. It would be a few hundred feet away from the church and obscured. I don't think we can rule that out. The car could have entered the property with it's lights off and would probably not be seen from the SWFA.

LE bluntly says so. MB 5-20-16 FINAL.protected (1).pdf

If you think LE doesn't know what they are talking about, and don't think they would know things they haven't told us, not sure how to reply to that. But I think an approach that second-guesses LE (who has way more info) in favor of pure speculation (based on none) is not very smart.

LE didn't say the car wasn't involved. They said they didn't believe it was involved. That's different. It was a lead they wanted to follow.

I can't say what I'd do and I wonder how you can.

Until I see where someone came forward and admitted to being in the parking lot and explained why they were there, I won't believe anything you or anyone else says about it unless it's MPD.

And I do find it......strange that SWFA released the entire video
and MPD did not, and in doing so MPD didn't exactly tell the entire story.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

But, if you read my past posts you will see my theory. I believe he wanted to be on the cameras in the church, he knew they were there. He was trying to make LEO look bad and role playing his security guard character from Resident Evil video game. He wasn't there to murder I believe. She just surprised him and he had to keep her from calling the cops.

I have changed my mind many times about who was involved in this murder as well as the motive.
What I still can't get my head around is, why the elaborate getup? IMO, it looks quite cumbersome to effectively commit the murder and get out of the church. Obviously it worked out for them, but why go to all that trouble? If targeted, the perp(s) would know they had a tight timeline to get this done. Wouldn't wearing a ski mask and hoodie have hidden their identity just as effectively?

In the last thread you discounted (IMO) my post about the brake lights being out and now this.
I'm curious, where or what exactly you find relevant that could progress this case?

I think there's a much better explanation (electrical shorting due to rain, dampness, and humidity) for why the brake lights went off as the car turned into SWFA, that also fits with all of the things we see in the parking lot (things, btw, that really make no sense otherwise), and that provide a much better explanation for what the car was doing and why it was there (in contrast to the idea that this car was there, hours before the murder, to be involved in that murder). That's why I posted on them. And LE made it clear they have "no reason whatsoever" to think this car/driver is involved (which is in the context of having examined all the video up and down the hwy that night, and being able to track its path after it left much more than we could possibly imagine).

I think the answers to solving this case will come from outside the CCoC and SWFA video we've seen. In fact, I don't think that either of those are even the most important video they have acquired. Just saying.

I have changed my mind many times about who was involved in this murder as well as the motive.
What I still can't get my head around is, why the elaborate getup? IMO, it looks quite cumbersome to effectively commit the murder and get out of the church. Obviously it worked out for them, but why go to all that trouble? If targeted, the perp(s) would know they had a tight timeline to get this done. Wouldn't wearing a ski mask and hoodie have hidden their identity just as effectively?

Not if SP is female IMO. I think the extra padding from jacket/vest could have served at least the purpose of masking the gender (on purpose of course).

Perhaps it was the sp's personal signature to the crime. The happy face killer case is one example on how the killer left their personalized signature on the crimes by writing happy faces on notes given to the media. The sp in this case could have some sort of fetish by wearing a swat outfit....just a thought

But, if you read my past posts you will see my theory. I believe he wanted to be on the cameras in the church, he knew they were there. He was trying to make LEO look bad and role playing his security guard character from Resident Evil video game. He wasn't there to murder I believe. She just surprised him and he had to keep her from calling the cops.
Yes, I clearly recall the theory but not that it was connected to you.
I won't forget this time.

Anything is possible but I just don't see your theory as plausible. And if it turns out you are right, I will apologize.

Sent from my SM-J700T using Tapatalk

I think there's a much better explanation (electrical shorting due to rain, dampness, and humidity) for why the brake lights went off as the car turned into SWFA, that also fits with all of the things we see in the parking lot (things, btw, that really make no sense otherwise), and that provide a much better explanation for what the car was doing and why it was there (in contrast to the idea that this car was there, hours before the murder, to be involved in that murder). That's why I posted on them. And LE made it clear they have "no reason whatsoever" to think this car/driver is involved (which is in the context of having examined all the video up and down the hwy that night, and being able to track its path after it left much more than we could possibly imagine).

I think the answers to solving this case will come from outside the CCoC and SWFA video.
With that being said, I'm curious what you direction or theory you feel would be important to discuss if you believe as stated above?

To whom do you think he was trying to make LE look bad? Meaning, who would see the video footage if the murder hadn't taken place? Someone who may review the footage at the church? Apologies if this specific video system, and the church's procedures for review / archiving has been covered - or if someone at the church receives movement notifications if the video is tripped - which I believe did not happen, or someone wasn't checking email at 4am... If he didn't want MB to call the cops, then....? If he wasn't there to murder, but to be seen, then killing vs.making a run for it seems pretty extreme to me. My opinion only, just curious about your line of thought. Thanks.

If she did surprise the perp , there was no need for this kind of brutal murder. Perp could have knocked her out and left. JMO

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes, this is the conundrum. With all of the options available to an individual that wants to murder someone why all of the seemingly unnecessary elements? I have always believed that the biggest clue to the identity of SP is the plan itself. If SP had used a ski mask and a hoodie, as in your example, it would give investigators even less to go on and make it that much harder to find SP.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JustFab