TX TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers, 45, killed in church/suspect in SWAT gear, Midlothian, 18 Apr 2016 #49

Thank you for posting this. I have also pointed this out several times on this thread but have tired of trying to reply everytime this is ignored. The victim was only inside to put her paperwork there because of the wind and rain.
It's an important argument against the claim the killer would be inside waiting for her to arrive because she wouldn't be going down the hallway "to set up in a room for exercise class". There was always the chance that she wouldn't even enter the building.

The campers could definitely and definitively speak to this, but I think MB would always open the church (or any other venue) so campers could access restrooms.

Otherwise, where would one go—behind a landscaping bush? In the parking lot gutter?

I can’t imagine a class of mostly women taking an exercise class and not having access to a restroom.

The campers could definitely and definitively speak to this, but I think MB would always open the church (or any other venue) so campers could access restrooms.

Otherwise, where would one go—behind a landscaping bush? In the parking lot gutter?

I can’t imagine a class of mostly women taking an exercise class and not having access to a restroom.
The whole appeal of Gladiator Boot Camp is the working out with others for very low cost because they use public parks and outdoor spaces that charge nothing. Exposure to the elements is a part of the program! They move around and find covered space when weather is really bad. Most people don't have an expectation of access to a nice bathroom. MOO having done such training, with NO toilet access or someone's port a potty that happened to be nearby.
There are no "venues"!

I think it’s highly likely Missy’s murder was a team effort, and the team had an extremely similar conversation about this particular detail.

Regarding Gait:

It is impossible to fully, confidently and accurately assess someone's gait to identify meaningful deviations, movement impairments or physical causes/disorders/dysfunctions with a casual stroll in full street clothing, let alone when wearing tactical gear, a helmet, boots, and while carrying things, and certainly not from a blurry, two dimensional low frame speed acutely angled distant camera lacking depth. No one, not even a regarded forensic podiatrist (who has hopefully extended his breadth of knowledge to include everything above the ankle as well which would be incredibly rare for a podiatrist) nor a very highly skilled experienced physical therapist can. I cannot imagine testifying under oath to anything beyond the gross professional generalizations, observations and opinions I will list here. Which frankly would only help a defense team.

Firstly, there is no one "normal" gait. We all have to move and function the best we can with what we have, at this point in our lives and our bodies will ALWAYS seek the path of least resistance to complete a functional movement. My job was to optimize and maximize function, not find an imaginary normal. In this case, I don't see a clear bodily root cause for the toe out and right "limp" because I can't assess under these circumstances and could only make low confidence educated and experiential guesses. I can very easily see the toe out and intermittent "limp" as nothing more than an effect of tall tightly laced boots limiting ankle dorsiflexion (upward bending of foot towards the shin). There isn't a wide range of plantar flexion or dorsiflexion observed and I believe the boots are probably the cause.

People primarily limp because of pain, loss of mobility, weakness (usually in the buttocks), any number of habits (perhaps they have always sat with the same leg crossed over the other causing stretch weakness and pelvic instability for example), body build/habitus or perhaps they just learned to limp after an injury and never addressed their residual dysfunctions or retrained themselves. Or any combination of that. When ankle dorsiflexion is limited or restricted, out go the toes to clear the foot when walking - almost without fail, it's easier than buckling your knee (path of least resistance). You'll see the same thing with someone wearing a walking boot, toes go out even in a well-fitted walking boot. Perhaps SP's right boot was tighter than the left, or the tongue of the boot shifted and was irritating the foot, or they were developing a blister because they aren't used to wearing these boots and they've probably had them on for hours and wasn't smart enough to put on two pairs of socks. I am literally a professional observer of human movement and function who can't say with any confidence what impairment could be contributing to the foot position or limp with the limited observations I can make, nor identify any underlying neurological deviation or musculoskeletal cause.

Secondly (and bear with me), strolling isn't the same mechanics as walking, jogging or running.
Walking at 2.0 mph is also not the same mechanically as walking at 4.0 mph and so on. Jogging in place is not the same as jogging forward. And with rare exception none of these would be expected to be the same if you compare barefoot to athletic shoes on. And certainly not with boots. Virtually no one jogging in place on a hard surface barefoot will land flat footed. They will land first on their forefoot and maybe drop their heels to the ground. And virtually no one will jog across a hard surface barefoot the same as if they were in their running shoes or on a padded surface. If you are exclusively a forefoot jogger then maybe, but it hurts if you are not that to smack your heels on the ground, so normally heel-strikers will immediately jog on their mid or forefoot and don't even realize they are if you take the shoes away. I could go on, but the points here are 1 - a complete and meaningful gait assessment can be extremely complex depending on the individual and therapist and we don't look only at casual strolling, and 2 - People will quickly and unconsciously alter their gait significantly for any number of reasons, including surface, shoe, something in their shoe, and other environmental reasons. Not just their bodily limitations. I could also really go out on a limb and say because SPs sight line and hearing were probably limited by the helmet, and we use all of our senses to orient ourselves, that maybe they just turned their feet out a bit more to seek stability by widening their base of support.

Thirdly - there's also no one normal foot posture. Normal is just considered to be flexible, adaptive and having the ability to become stable and create an arch at big toe push-off AKA the windlass effect for the curious. Please don't chime in and say "but my pronated flat feet ..." because that alone doesn't necessarily mean you will have problems or limitations and I won't get into that debate. I have seen absolutely gnarly foot and toe alignments that don't bother people at all. Do we fix something that isn't problematic or limiting? No. Look at lean Kenyan and Ethiopian marathoners who are inclined to have very flat feet yet are at the top of their sport and often run barefoot. Look at Pacific Islanders feet. As a general population, they tend to be the opposite - larger and heavier individuals, who don't often wear supportive shoes, and typically wear "slippers". I can honestly say in my nearly 30 years of being a physical therapist, I have treated one Pacific Islander with plantar fasciitis and that was only because they stepped hard on a rock and bruised the tissue and bone. Not because of their obesity, inactivity or flat feet. Feet are very complicated enigmas to say the least.

I'd also like to point out that how one walks after 30 minutes isn't usually the same as the first few minutes of getting up and going after sitting, or after two hours on your feet. Running assessments are miles long sometimes. I'd have patients run 9-10 miles right before they came in to their appointment and hopped on the treadmill to continue if their pain kicked in at mile 11 to see what was changing at that moment. Point 3 - ALL movement patterns predictably change over repetitions and time. Sometimes they get better, sometimes they get worse. They can vacillate. Sometimes it takes seconds, sometimes hours. My golf swing on hole 16 is definitely not the same as it was on hole three. How does your toe touching look after 10 reps? 20 reps? We can't take 30 seconds of video and just assume this is how the person typically walks day to day - unless perhaps they are typically wearing and used to wearing this outfit. Which I highly doubt is the case. And now it's eight years later, and likely something has changed physically with SP which one could easily argue would negate any comparison. And I have to think the weight of carrying a murder around with you might lead to some physical changes.

To reiterate, there's no specific cause of the toe out or limp anyone, with any credentials, can accurately or with full confidence identify or diagnose and that can't be dismissed for some reason or another with what we see. Even thirty minutes of this quality video likely isn't enough and I don't see how any of whatever speculation provided by the podiatrist would be helpful if a suspect gets to court unless they have some HD cameras and angles we haven't seen and that's still a stretch because they are geared up and completely covered. There are so many things it could be and I could take some mechanical guesses, but because both feet at different times and multiple times return to a very average 10ish degrees of toe out at different points of strolling the SP clearly isn't stuck in this toe out position. They just aren't. So it's entirely plausible and perhaps likely this isn't how they normally walk.

FWIW IMPO the way SP stands, transitions, strolls and also runs their fingers along the wall is more telling as being female than male. Nothing about how SP swings a hammer would indicate SP is a female, just someone who I see as calm, careful, intent and not vested in destroying property by beating it hard or risking accidentally sending one of their intended murder weapons through the peep window in the locked door they are trying to break in to, or to accidentally hurt themselves in the process. SP's elbow carrying angle also does seem to indicate female (females have wider pelvises, so our elbows angle out further) but again the camera angle and clothing bulk doesn't help and I wouldn't risk my reputation on it. We can't see enough of SP pelvis or trunk motion details to weigh that in, another beauty of black clothing and waist packs/pockets - it hides things.

I did play with the video and tilted the image so the legs of the glass table in the hallway next to the garbage can were vertical, and when SP walks right past it I would assume this also makes SP vertical or at least not nearly as distorted as the downward camera angle did. It did change some things, including the shoe shadow which when not adjusted consistently makes the boots look bigger. Changing the image angle also changes the foot size to the extent the boots can look quite normal in size. So I'm not convinced they are oversized.

SP is gross motor right handed (R shoulder is more forward and lower). Doesn't mean they write or do fine motor skills right handed. Or does anything else for that matter right handed. You'd likely be surprised how many people do everything left handed but hammer right handed or vice versa. Or do everything right handed but shoot basketballs left handed. Hammering is literally the question I ask if someone says they are ambidextrous, "which hand holds the nail and which swings the hammer". Only a lifetime contractor will tell you they're just as good R or L handed hammering.

SP has a forward head, and likely a flattened lumbar lordosis, posterior pelvic tilt. So I'd guess they either sat for work at a desk job, or is genetically predisposed to a dowager kyohotic type posture. Or just doesn't care about their slouchy stature.

Hoping this might put the gait head scratching on the back burner for some of you, and that the investigators focus attention elsewhere. Now everyone go move for a 20 minutes!

All IMO with a professional expert spin.
Agree with female and I have no ability to guess with confidence about gait and gender. But the postures, gestures, movements all suggest female to me. 65%. More likely than not. There are a myriad of conditions that might result in the outward toe stride seen in the video. Indeed, many of us on this thread have confessed to demonstrating this precise feature. Nevertheless the FBI, of all investigators, has sought out gait analysis expertise in past investigations and in this one.

I think it’s highly likely Missy’s murder was a team effort, and the team had an extremely similar conversation about this particular detail.
I'm not buying that this two person team, who could not know in advance which day she might even enter that church alone, would purposefully allow only a few minutes to commit murder and get away without being seen. She entered the church at 4:20 AM and early bird workout was announced to be at 4:30 AM. They wouldn't even know if she too would arrive at 4:30 AM with others. The first early bird "camper" arrived at 4:35 AM. No murderers would be so stupid as to plan on a such a tiny window or no window at all. Not to mention, there was always the possibility that someone would notice the broken glass doors while driving around the church and calling 911. And then being in a place that they couldn't even know she had entered the front door or if would be her alone, coming down the hallway or who else was in the entry.

Missy had, afaik, sometimes her oldest (?) daughter with her for the morning camp training. This fateful day in 2016, when she got murdered, Missy came without her daughter.
WHO knew, that Missy this Monday would be alone, without her daughter?
WHO had caused, that her daughter didn't accompany her? There must have been a certain reason for that, no matter how banal it was. Every time, the daughter didn't show up at the camp, there would have been a reason for it, so this Monday in 2016 also.
Who did know these details and who did tell the killer for the indeed precise planning?

Missy had, afaik, sometimes her oldest (?) daughter with her for the morning camp training. This fateful day in 2016, when she got murdered, Missy came without her daughter.
WHO had caused, that her daughter didn't accompany her? There must have been a certain reason for that, no matter how banal it was. Every time, the daughter didn't show up at the camp, there would have been a reason for it, so this Monday in 2016 also.
Who did know these details and who did tell the killer for the indeed precise planning?

There is a very particular woman I think that may have been able to confirm those details, as well as be the person wearing the SWAT gear.

With teen girls, anything can change last second. If it was this woman and this is what happened, I think its a great way to explain why Missy wasn't simply ambushed in the parking lot.

The Bluetooth theory is not for this woman, but I could see this woman getting directions from someone through something similar to Bluetooth, informing them when Missy was entering, if she was alone, and how close she was to the intended place to attack her.

It was MO that she talked with someone over the phone the day or night before when the storm became obvious. Possibly a camper who called to see if they would be training and if so where. And possibly they slipped in the "Will you be bringing your daughter with you?" I'm sure they have picked apart her phone for #'s. It just struck me however, did she have a land line? Can't recall if she did.

It was MO that she talked with someone over the phone the day or night before when the storm became obvious. Possibly a camper who called to see if they would be training and if so where. And possibly they slipped in the "Will you be bringing your daughter with you?" I'm sure they have picked apart her phone for #'s. It just struck me however, did she have a land line? Can't recall if she did.

That seems really hard to jam it in with this context.

I think it’s likely that the person in the SWAT gear was able to confirm this with Missy at 3 or 4am to “make sure the girls were ok”, as we know there’s the detail that Missy was likely communicating with her killer some time between getting up and getting to the church.

I have interpreted her communication as either a very close friend, a family member (one very particular one), or a burner phone using someone else’s credentials. For instance, a scorned wife is using either her husbands whole phone to pretend to be him, or is using his username and password for something like WhatsApp, Snapchat, instagram, etc.

Can someone remind me of how old Missy's three daughters were at the time of her death?

Presumably the oldest was old enough to be responsible for the other two, so with the husband out of town doesn't it stand to reason that the oldest would have had to stay home? Otherwise, who was watching the kids?

Since the class was so early, even though it was a school day, it seems likely all three would have remained asleep until after the class was over, so there was not likely a lot of watching involved, but still, you'd have to be comfortable that the oldest could manage if something happened while the parents were gone.

MO, this in incorrect. Scheduling and updates are posted online. The night before, Missy posted that the class would go on, whether it was raining or not.

Can someone remind me of how old Missy's three daughters were at the time of her death?

Presumably the oldest was old enough to be responsible for the other two, so with the husband out of town doesn't it stand to reason that the oldest would have had to stay home? Otherwise, who was watching the kids?

Since the class was so early, even though it was a school day, it seems likely all three would have remained asleep until after the class was over, so there was not likely a lot of watching involved, but still, you'd have to be comfortable that the oldest could manage if something happened while the parents were gone.
I believe the oldest one was 14, but I will double check that.

I asked about this angle before, but it was misinterpreted into thinking I was accusing Missy of being neglective.

IIRC it was a day off of school for most local schools in the area, which is a reason I think the killer may have also been a mother themselves (this goes for all three women from all three potential theories I have). Days off school tend to be a running thing, as Libby and Abby were off school on their fateful day, along with a couple of other cases.

Ok so back on track, all of Missy’s children are girls. I have an 18 year old girl and a 10 year old girl. Plans change QUICK for them. They want to go, one or both change their mind and want to go, one of both change their mind and don’t want to go, argue with mom and stay home, wake up too early and want to go with mom, make plans to go to a movie and come back 15 mins later changing their minds, it goes on and on and on, not to mention they return to the house a minimum of two times every time they leave home because they “forgot something”. (Don’t get me started on my teen son lol)

My root theory about the girls involves a very specific family member, “checking in” on the girls to see if “she can do anything to help” but actually confirming who is and who is not coming with Missy. It would not be unusual for this family member to offer help on a whim or cover down on the younger girls if Missy’s oldest decided to go (in advance or last minute).

MO, this in incorrect. Scheduling and updates are posted online. The night before, Missy posted that the class would go on, whether it was raining or not.
It wouldn't matter if it was posted online. If someone wanted to know her schedule, and because they wanted to know for a certain "pre-planned event", calling her to inquire makes a lot of sense. Especially if the camper called her that afternoon. Could be why MB reiterated that "if it's raining, we're still training".
How is it you are so certain this didn't or couldn't have happened?

That seems really hard to jam it in with this context.

I think it’s likely that the person in the SWAT gear was able to confirm this with Missy at 3 or 4am to “make sure the girls were ok”, as we know there’s the detail that Missy was likely communicating with her killer some time between getting up and getting to the church.

I have interpreted her communication as either a very close friend, a family member (one very particular one), or a burner phone using someone else’s credentials. For instance, a scorned wife is using either her husbands whole phone to pretend to be him, or is using his username and password for something like WhatsApp, Snapchat, instagram, etc.
DBM.

It wouldn't matter if it was posted online. If someone wanted to know her schedule, and because they wanted to know for a certain "pre-planned event", calling her to inquire makes a lot of sense. Especially if the camper called her that afternoon. Could be why MB reiterated that "if it's raining, we're still training".
How is it you are so certain this didn't or couldn't have happened?
These classes are not the property of or arranged by Missy, she is one of many trainers and the class info is on the company's website. Her personal number wasn't posted. The campers register on-line, not thru the trainers.
I dont think random people show up for any exercise class and then get the trainer's personal phone number? I don't think that is likely. A busy working mother isn't going to be fieldling phone calls from those that could just look up the info on the internet.

Last edited:
Can you find a source for any of her daughters going to a 4:30 AM class? More often than not?
Since there is nothing to say a daughter ever or regularly went to a 4:30 AM class, why would you think there was a special reason or cause for her not to show up at every class, when she was never expected to be there in the first place?

RSBM
Every year or so, I make this point on this 8-year-old thread, just to keep facts correct and to keep our opinions from morphing into “fact.” I’ve been here from the beginning and I know you have, too, DeDee. I appreciate your input and insight.

This camp was always held outside. In rain, they would have worked out under the porte cochere outdoors. Even on a concrete floor (the church hallways were stained concrete), having campers heaving kettlebells and weights 3-5 days per week would be potentially damaging to the floor and dirty. Missy would not have the budget to properly rent out the church, she would allow only signups/waivers and bathroom access indoors, even in pouring rain. I have attended hundreds of these camps in multiple states and they are outdoor workouts, in all weather.

There was one reporter in an MSM article I’ve linked on this thread multiple times, who speculated the campers would be working out indoors, perhaps also speculating because Missy was found indoors. It was an incorrect assumption and other articles as well as campers and even the Gladiator website confirmed it’s outdoors. If she had a standard indoor workout space, she wouldn’t have written, “if it rains, we train,” because why would you care about weather if you’re indoors?

The relevance of her class being held outdoors is up to each of you to speculate. She would have spend much more of her time outdoors each morning, so the window of time she’d be inside the church would be short.

This is the specific article which states “because of weather, they moved indoors” but it is an erroneous assumption on the part of the reporter because every ad for every Camp Gladiator session says it is an “Outdoor” fitness camp and they simply don’t have indoor workout areas based on weather.

“Outdoor” also keeps it cheaper because you’re not renting an indoor gym:
Every year or so, I make this point on this 8-year-old thread, just to keep facts correct
It's possible for 8 years that I've missed these fact based posts of yours.
the window of time she’d be inside the church would be short
This is precisely why I believe Missy was assaulted in the Western Hallway as the killer was lurking behind the doors to the auditorium for the moment of their purpose.

I think the Porte Cochere would be too rainy, windy and just too wet but that's beside the point. The Killer had to know Missy would enter the building and where she'd go and what she'd most likely do.

Images are from a personal visit in 2016
Screenshot 2024-03-03 192843.png
Screenshot 2024-03-03 192902.png
It looks like a recording device is mounted at the right side above the doors

These classes are not the property of or arranged by Missy, she is one of many trainers and the class info is on the company's website. Her personal number wasn't posted. The campers register on-line, not thru the trainers.
I dont think random people show up for any exercise class and then get the trainer's personal phone number? I don't think that is likely. A busy working mother isn't going to be fieldling phone calls from those that could just look up the info on the internet.
I wonder if you could link the above. You sound very certain with the workings of Camp Gladiator and with the habits of MB. Maybe you are a Verified Insider. Or a friend of the family?

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
myauris11
Back