TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #23

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can't help but go back to the question...How was perp confident that there was no security alarm? Alarm would not necessarily be heard by person breaking in, but would be an alert to LE or a security company, wouldn't it? If there had been an alarm, perp had time to run, but perhaps the break-in was accomplished much earlier and perp waited to see if LE or security peeps showed up......when they did NOT.....perp completed their mission. Coast is clear. JMO so, both the vehicle seen as not distinguishable in the lot and the Nissan could be evidence. Possibly, the same car. JMO

Any business or establishment in Midlothian is required to obtain a permit for any type of alarm system. That permit must be placed in a location visible to all first responders.

No alarm permits were posted at the church.

To stage burglary break-in. Why gouge the wall for no apparent reason? Gotta smash some stuff, to make motive for murder seem confusing. Make it look like killing Missy was an unfortunate afterthought. Mission WAS to kill Missy. JMO

But isn't breaking into 1 door adequate?

Does anyone know the location of the SWATperp when seen on video attempting to pry a door open? TIA

Can't help but go back to the question...How was perp confident that there was no security alarm? Alarm would not necessarily be heard by person breaking in, but would be an alert to LE or a security company, wouldn't it? If there had been an alarm, perp had time to run, but perhaps the break-in was accomplished much earlier and perp waited to see if LE or security peeps showed up......when they did NOT.....perp completed their mission. Coast is clear. JMO so, both the vehicle seen as not distinguishable in the lot and the Nissan could be evidence. Possibly, the same car. JMO

JMHO, that what makes me think the back door was broken for (since at the time was stated anyways) that didn't appear the Suspect went out any of the other windows busted. I thinking, busted back and window and left to see if LE or a key holder would show up (if had an alarm would show window breakage jmho) which again could or could not have anything to do with the Altima seen on the SWFA camera at 2 am. Not that any of this makes sense, but only other reason I could see busting the double doors is orig was going to enter there and unable to get the door to open? Too large to go thru the glass breakage area?

The many what ifs... what if couldn't get the door open to enter? What if MB was not alone? What if someone arrived before could get away? Kill them too? What if MB had been running a little bit later?

This was well planned out but so many things could have gone wrong. Suspect killed MB, as far as the Facts we know show and it is considered a Murder. I think there were lots of evidence left behind. Big evidence? Not sure but evidence. Suspect knew there were cameras, dressed for it. Even looked up at them. Wanted to be seen. JMHO and rambling thoughts

The only code the ADA requires for that type of extinguisher box is that the lowest leading edge be mounted at or below 27".

I have attached four more images, this time of the dutch door/alcove hallway. The lens distortion has been corrected, and once again I'm using standard door installation heights of 84". You can see in image 1 and 2, the fire extinguisher box appears to be mounted at code height of 27". In image 3, the subject is just about to enter the alcove. This is the last frame where the bottoms of his feet are unobscured by shadows. The frames just after (with the headlamp reflection on the wall) are not useful for this technique, since his feet are not visible. In image 4, you'll see his heel lands exactly on the edge of the tile floor, in line with the bottom edge of the wall facing the camera.

The lens distortion in these images were more complicated to correct than the tile hallway. It took a couple days, but in the end I still ended up with a fairly consistent height of 71-72" (total with gear). The more time I spend on these images, the more narrow my margin becomes. But until we know the exact doorway height, these are only estimated numbers.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I am simply amazed at your skills Batbrat. I've always felt that the 5'2"-5'7" was to relieve the killer somewhat. IMO. I don't think the LE are "lying" I think they are baiting, and that's their call. I wish I had the guts to go measure the door height myself, but I shudder every time I have to drive by the church.

I wasn't going to post anything today... but I am so intrigued. BatBrat continues to come to higher estimates than LE's newest SP height. So let's give some leeway to BratBat's 70-72" in helmet and boots and put the SP minus 3-4" in stocking feet giving us LE's original of 5'8"-5'9" for SP suspect.

I am certain that two features in the interior of the Altima are seen - the radio face and the rear left headrest. So I believe that LE/FBI has such better software assets that they make out just enough of the driver in the dirver's seat to estimate their height sitting in the driver's seat, and LE/FBI has all the manufacturer's specifications also. A long time ago, I remember reading that airplane seats and Japanese cars use a person 5'8" as the average human and build the driver compartment on that height (leg room, seat curve, etc.) which is why big and tall people are often uncomfortable in them. Perhaps LE has determined that it is the Altima driver who is 5'2"-5'7".

I went and read the presser transcript by Galadriel... reading carefully and knowing LE crafted it ever so carefully... They do not necessarily state that the video reconstruction from inside CoC is what is complete - the media reported on that activity by Tarrant Co. DA investigators, but it could be any video reconstruction including from SWFA or video the public doesn't even know about. Was LE sneakily alluding to TWO suspects, but did not clarify that since the whole presser was more a message to the suspect(s) than to the public - one SP who is 5'8"-5'9" and one accomplice driver who is 5'2"-5'7"?

I am not bashing LE at all, but is it possible that their words are chosen so that the public will make certain assumptions, while LE knows they are saying something with deeper meaning to the suspect(s)? Notice LE was talking about the Altima car, then segues right into what the public thinks assumes is a description of SwatPerp inside the CoC:

MPD 5/20/2016 Presser: "...It's simply just an unfinished lead that we'd like to talk to that
person and see if they have anything to add to the investigation.

We've also learned some additional information regarding the physical
description of the suspect. Forensic video reconstruction is complete and
has given us a height range for the suspect from approximately 5'2" to 5'7".

We hope this information will help us to sift through leads and eliminate, you
know, suspects and information that comes in that's well outside of that
range. If everybody's good, I'm ready for questions. ..."

Well, just checked (and added an eta to my referenced post) - Today Show blurb not specific but voice over when showing missing door handle stated "signs of forced entry" - so probably my own deduction. Though I may have read it elsewhere that SP removed it (I'll keep my eyes open).

I remember discussing the hardware removal at length in one of the early threads since my dh was explaining how the only way to get that kind of metal door open would be to remove the exterior panic hardware and manually pull on the locking mechanism's "stem" going from top of door (where it inserts into jamb) all the way down to handle. I'll browse through the early threads and see if there are any articles referencing SP removing the hardware.

Dont go to big trouble .. you may run across it again lol I see things I missed going back through. Maybe will will have an arrest soon something new to look at. Thanks

Any business or establishment in Midlothian is required to obtain a permit for any type of alarm system. That permit must be placed in a location visible to all first responders.

No alarm permits were posted at the church.

No permit was listed at the MPD either per Captain Spann. But I see what you mean about permit being in view ..:thinking: good point

Adequate if stuff actually gets stolen but to my knowledge, nothing was missing and even BB pointed out that Missy died with her jewelry on. JMO(wedding ring and engagement ring).

...RSBM ... large images...

At the back of the church is a prayer garden that has great hiding places. I noticed

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

THANKS. I just knew there would be picnic tables back in those little trails north of the CoC. I bet those trails are also cleared enough beyond that for a dirty storage area toward the end of the property.

Does anyone know the location of the SWATperp when seen on video attempting to pry a door open? TIA

If your speaking of on the MPD released video, its the SW Corner of the building (as in NW< SW< NE< SE) in the Main Hallway.. if the Suspect kept walking straigh instead of turning down hallway (well as the video shows, this is possibly clips edited together) but the Suspect would be going out the doors that on outside is where MB truck was parked. .. IF she came in those doors nearest her truck, she would be looking straight at the doors the Suspect opened/tried to open the other... Hope this is clear lol sorry

I am simply amazed at your skills Batbrat. I've always felt that the 5'2"-5'7" was to relieve the killer somewhat. IMO. I don't think the LE are "lying" I think they are baiting, and that's their call. I wish I had the guts to go measure the door height myself, but I shudder every time I have to drive by the church.

We don't want you going to jail either lol. I bet if they got camera footage outside now, they have a lot of new drive bys. Or even people visiting just to look at the inside. I hate this for that Church and the innocent members there. It will forever be remembered for the wrong reason..:maddening: Could that be a motive???

"...boots that look too big..." from 2nd letter to Missy's killer written by her MIL on May 8

In viewing the CCTV in slow motion, or otherwise, when our unsub is opening the Dutch doors, please view the footwear as it appears, or at least it does to me, that the unsub has glued larger sized soles to their footwear. Hence, this subterfuge would impede escaping on foot from the CS (crime scene).<snippage>

I've been studying the feet myself. I agree the sole looks "too large", but I see a flared heel rather than some sort of attachment to the shoe/boot. The type of footwear I had in mind lace at the ankle, so you could feasibly go 2 or 3 sizes larger and still keep them strapped on. I'm adding a gif of a few frames where it looks like the heel is slipping inside the boot - furthering my theory about oversizes shoes. You can see as he pushes off to the next step, his leg moves, but the heel stays on the floor for a frame or two before lifting off (edited to add - the dark splotch under the sole in the final frame is a shadow):

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• heelslip.gif
    heelslip.gif
    797.8 KB · Views: 472
  • boot.jpg
    boot.jpg
    79.3 KB · Views: 459

They possibly staged (if we think this was a targeted event) not to have prior knowledge about any alarm system: Breaking a window or two to see, what's going to happen. For that to happen, they would have had to leave and watch the church from a distance, then turn around twice (gun store?). If that was the case, the vehicle would be part of the staging. Out of state, rental, license plate blocked (spray) sticker placed on bumper. They would have planned all that and didn't expect the outside surveillance camera on being non- functional at the time. JMO

-Nin

We don't want you going to jail either lol. I bet if they got camera footage outside now, they have a lot of new drive bys. Or even people visiting just to look at the inside. I hate this for that Church and the innocent members there. It will forever be remembered for the wrong reason..:maddening: Could that be a motive???

Interesting thought.

-Nin

I've searched the previous threads for hours for the side profile pic of the SP (inferring he/she does not have a HUGE belly) someone posted with drawing to show that SP was wearing a bulky vest. Does anyone know which one I'm talking about? Please help.
I don't think this is what you want, but if you zoom in, you will see it is the vest that sticks out on a normal sized body.

Attachments

• missy.bevers1.35829orig.jpg
    missy.bevers1.35829orig.jpg
    29.2 KB · Views: 76
I wasn't going to post anything today... but I am so intrigued. BatBrat continues to come to higher estimates than LE's newest SP height. So let's give some leeway to BratBat's 70-72" in helmet and boots and put the SP minus 3-4" in stocking feet giving us LE's original of 5'8"-5'9" for SP suspect.

I am certain that two features in the interior of the Altima are seen - the radio face and the rear left headrest. So I believe that LE/FBI has such better software assets that they make out just enough of the driver in the dirver's seat to estimate their height sitting in the driver's seat, and LE/FBI has all the manufacturer's specifications also. A long time ago, I remember reading that airplane seats and Japanese cars use a person 5'8" as the average human and build the driver compartment on that height (leg room, seat curve, etc.) which is why big and tall people are often uncomfortable in them. Perhaps LE has determined that it is the Altima driver who is 5'2"-5'7".

I went and read the presser transcript by Galadriel... reading carefully and knowing LE crafted it ever so carefully... They do not necessarily state that the video reconstruction from inside CoC is what is complete - the media reported on that activity by Tarrant Co. DA investigators, but it could be any video reconstruction including from SWFA or video the public doesn't even know about. Was LE sneakily alluding to TWO suspects, but did not clarify that since the whole presser was more a message to the suspect(s) than to the public - one SP who is 5'8"-5'9" and one accomplice driver who is 5'2"-5'7"?

I am not bashing LE at all, but is it possible that their words are chosen so that the public will make certain assumptions, while LE knows they are saying something with deeper meaning to the suspect(s)? Notice LE was talking about the Altima car, then segues right into what the public thinks assumes is a description of SwatPerp inside the CoC:

MPD 5/20/2016 Presser: "...It's simply just an unfinished lead that we'd like to talk to that
person and see if they have anything to add to the investigation.

We've also learned some additional information regarding the physical
description of the suspect. Forensic video reconstruction is complete and
has given us a height range for the suspect from approximately 5'2" to 5'7".

We hope this information will help us to sift through leads and eliminate, you
know, suspects and information that comes in that's well outside of that
range. If everybody's good, I'm ready for questions. ..."

Respectfully BBM. GREAT POST by the way.... BBM, that is exactly what LE do ;) notice how they say *advertiser censored* and you can read 5 people comments of "what was said" and we all hear different things, some add to what they think was said, some will take out... but LE choose their wording very precise. Just as the wording in the SW, it has to be factual and give exact reasons why *advertiser censored* is thought to be *advertiser censored*. Or else will get thrown out. Has to be factual on the known facts of what happen at the church but but not all the information. Thats why I think they have more about what went on than has been released. JMHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
solaria