TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 #28

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you to rodee34 for posting a photo of the back side of the church when I couldn't access my case images late in thread 27. Thank you also to mcmlxxix and SteveS for posting info on the Nissan--I'll go back and try to find and read the previous discussion where you all figured out the location of the car. (Sometimes I end up skipping 5+ pages at a time of a thread when I get far behind in reading.) I just kept seeing that railing along the top of the rock wall at the church trash enclosure in front of the car, and thought perhaps LE had purposely publicized erroneous info about the car.

But then, all I see with photos and blow ups of the oval sticker is a blob of who-knows-what, so . . . .

I have to believe LE has much more information than we do; therefore, LE has a theory - or theories - they are pursuing. Heck, for one thing, they can interview people! (if I could emphasize without appearing to shout, I would!!!) So much information can come from a good interview........probably more than one interview for some of these players. And I think their resources and skills are way above ours. I'm more hopeful of LE's ongoing investigation. Think of the agencies involved........and not every LEO may assess this case the same way. We can't compete. LOL

I completely agree. I have been watching "The First 48" a lot lately - they are running like 6 hour marathons every night. :) Watching the interviews is always my favorite part. For those saying you can't sleuth anything from someone's reaction, LE sure does. They obviously don't (and neither would I) use reactions to judge and assume guilt, but it gives a starting point. I have seen them stop random strangers on the street and do quick interviews, I have seen them craft elaborate lies to watch someone reaction during the interview, show any video they have to the person they are interviewing and then repeatedly replay the footage of the person watching the video for clues, yell at them, tell them 'we know you didn't do this but think you have some good background (despite thinking they did do it), ask them the same questions repeatedly over long stretches to see if they ever change slight details of their story, and on and on. They have also said multiple times that they get more information from people they interview that are not involved, people love to talk. I have to assume they have a pretty detailed and accurate picture of Missy's life in the months before she was killed.

You know the "still" shot of, the person prying the door. It looks (to me) like the bar thing might have two "prongs" (that curve. Similar to, what a half-circle would look like.) I believe that tool "might" be, what is called a "Halligan" ("Halligan bar"). Do a Google search of that ("Halligan bar"), if you choose to do so. (and Google "image" search). It is a "forced entry tool, that is used by Firemen and Police."

BINGO. Great observation!!!!!!!
Harkens back to Neal Falls case.
Also VERY nervy to wear the Police logo if not a policeman. Isn't there a strong penalty for impersonating a policeman during commission of a crime? Much stronger than crime alone? I've thought all along that SWATPERP is a man and SAME TYPE and general age/ physiche as Neal Falls who was previously a guard. Think of Neil Falls "kill kit" preparation found in his car.
Either a HIRED HITMAN or a complete weirdo who was coincidentally in the church due to playing out some VIDEO GAME fantasy in real life.
I think it was stated early on that Missy was NOT sexually assaulted. This leads me to believe it's NOT a serial killer NOT a stalker or anyone with sexual motivation but either:
1) SPURNED LOVER himself or hired HITMAN who planned the hit to a T leaving no forensic evidence, parking HIS car out of sight of cameras, disappearing
2) freak GAMER who just happened to be in the church and was surprised by Missy (not so likely)
I'll place my bet on #1 and that he had a stun gun or handcuffs or similar prepared to disable her quickly.
Police know exactly but haven't released this info.
The kill was quick and by all appearances very methodical and premeditated.
SPURNED LOVERS have been known to do the cruelest of things to "get even" if they are the type that can't handle rejection.
Was this really an ANGRY crime or simply an ANGER INDUCED hit? My gut tells me that SWATPERP did not know Missy personally before HE killed her. I think he was hired to meet her. All IMHO naturally.

In regards to who was having affairs with who... for anyone interested in the FACTS and not perpetuating a game of telephone.. the ONLY official information we have about this subject is the search warrants from LE:

this one, which sought information about the ten target numbers https://www.scribd.com/doc/311723138/ATT-Warrant-Dated-April-25

states this: "A portion of these messages (as well as deleted messages) recovered indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as
well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified Target Numbers."

The only thing that this confirms is that there were multiple relationships. People have time and again taken this to mean BOTH MB and BB were having affairs. The SW does not explicitly or implicitly state this. It may be that they were both. It may be that one was having multiple affairs. It may be that the other was having multiple affairs. WE SIMPLY DON'T KNOW from what LE has told us in this SW.

The other SW, into CW's Linkedin activity, which can be found here: http://www.websleuths.com/forums/sh...T-gear-18-Apr-2016-10&p=12528313#post12528313 contains this statement:

"Additionally, law enforcement has identified another person of interest through evidence
gathered and an interview was conducted. This person of interest confirmed that they
had engaged in a series of communications with the decedent while on the Linkedln
Social Media Service some time starting around (January 2016) until her death that
ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar"

This may be taken as evidence of an extramarital relationship between MB and the person of interest in this SW.

With respect, those two pieces of information are the only official information we have on the subject.

Opinion from Peter Schulte, as nice as he may be, is not fact.
Opinion from Nancy Grace, as explosively bombshellious as she may be, is not fact.
Rumours from locals, as salacious as it may be, is not fact.

This post is so good that I've bookmarked it for future use should the discussion come up (again). Thanks erinp!

This is the thing in left hand (that some wondered if it was a box of saran wrap, box of garbage bags, etc.) (I have done nothing to this except: "crop" it, from original "still" photo, then enlarged it) and did 'rotation' of it, in order to try to read what the writing says.

attachment.php
Check out this "doorstorm". Used by LE, FF, and presumably military/swat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rJoWaMMVZ4

bc65f7699f11529c389534e3d250d408.jpg
5018e61db1a1b48d69c524c41ec093c2.jpg
f4df92c5d47a0c69707ccb4ed16c0e2d.jpg

This is the thing in left hand (that some wondered if it was a box of saran wrap, box of garbage bags, etc.) (I have done nothing to this except: "crop" it, from original "still" photo, then enlarged it) and did 'rotation' of it, in order to try to read what the writing says.

attachment.php

Thanks for this, SKresearch. To me (JMO), what some are seeing as 'writing' appears to be indention, instead - when we first looked at this in the early threads, I remember thinking maybe it was a trifolded piece of paper (floorplan?), because his thumb appears to go into the object a bit.

But in context, I really do think this was some sort of tool with indentions...something he kept attached to his SWAT vest when not in use, and pulled out occasionally to use. It appears it was something he may have used in Rm 12, since he exits the door with it still in his left hand. (Room 12 is a kids' classroom according to the church website, also used for ladies' Bible study.) For this reason, even though I'd considered weapon, I'm leaning more towards tool than weapon - he'd have no cause to use a taser, gun, or silencer in that classroom. But he may have used a breaching or multi-tool to enter the classroom or to inflict damage in that room.

So I'm still googling breaching and multi-tools...

My scary question is: Will the perp kill again?

I don't think so, because I believe Missy was targeted. If it was a contract killing, however, the perp could kill again, for fear of being exposed.

IMHO

SW1 - "A portion of these messages (as well as deleted messages) recovered indicate and confirm statement and tips provided to officers of an ongoing financial and marital struggle as well as intimate/personal relationship(s) external to the marriage with identified Target Numbers."

SW2 - "This person of interest confirmed that they had engaged in a series of communications with the decedent while on the Linkedln Social Media Service some time starting around (January 2016) until her death that ultimately turned flirtatious and familiar."

A lot of this topic is fuzzy, because of terms. If I saw LE using the term "affair" (which they did not), then I would conclude they found evidence of marital sexual indiscretion. Instead they used "relationship" which is more vague, as a relationship must be further defined as to what sort it was, whether sexual or something else.

In SW1, we are told of a (1) "relationship," (2) that was intimate OR personal OR both (the use of a slash conveys a vagueness, "and" or "or"), (3) there was one or more (denoted by the s in parenthesis), and (4) it was mentioned in a statement and tips and confirmed in phone messages or texts. In SW2, we are not told of a relationship, but merely online talk that is "flirty and familiar."

If we limit ourselves to only what is said here, and no more, we have been given nothing to say with any certainty that LE found anything sexual happening outside the marriage at the time MB died. We can make both statements completely accurate with the existence of a single something between MB and the LinkedIn guy, where they flirted online and also communicated in a "personal" way by phone or text, and which MB told some of her besties about, but had never even met.

LE - strictly speaking - didn't definitively say any more than that. They left it vague. Perhaps they found one something-or-other that raised questions, wanted to leave the door open that maybe there was more than they knew, and left it like that. Perhaps they found more. But we can't say for sure, from their words, that they did.

Of course, we can guess there might have been more. But we can't say LE actually has something to support that, because they left it vague as to what they found.

It also is important to understand where this vagueness occurs, and why. LE will often be a bit vague in what they say in SW's, to leave an impression of more evidence than is actually supported by what they found, without saying anything untrue. So in this case, they make it sound like they might have found all sorts of hankypanky, but perhaps didn't, but worded it in such a vague way that it kinda sounds like they did.

PS - And one of the reasons for my blunt criticism of Schulte is that if he spent half a sec doing any research on this case, and if he's a half-way decent attorney, he'd see here what I am relating. Either he's doing the same thing LE did, playing to the sensational without actually having the goods, or he's not a very precise thinker. Either way, he's not reliable.

Re: SWAT gear

I'm theorizing that the tools that SP used likely would have come along with the SWAT gear he had, borrowed, or stole. There may have been an additional one or two he got from the kitchen, but in the video he seems to use standard breaching tools, and also seems fairly adept at accessing them from various loops and pockets of his uniform. (I agree it looks like he may be using a sort of Halligan tool when briefly trying to open that locked interior door.) I found this online blog post written by a SWAT officer that I thought might interest some - it's entitled "What do you carry in your SWAT gear?"

A Gerber Multi-Plier, Benchmade A.F.O. autofolder, two AR-15 mags, two Sig .40 cal. mags, flex cuffs, Streamlight Stinger, two spare TASER cartridges, ballistic glasses, ear protection, Nomex gloves, Nomex balaclava, latex gloves, window punch/seat belt cutter, lensatic compass, AA Mini-Maglite with red lens, notepad and pen, about 50′ of black paracord, spare flashbang pin, chalk, and a black Sharpie marker.

I found it interesting that a staple of his gear was a multi-plier tool...and that he also liked to include "door wedges" - mentioned later in his post. (CC video showed one of the interior double doors wedged open as perp walked by). Not sure if SP wedged those doors or the janitor did the night before, but it was interesting seeing the inventory of items included in this SWAT cop's gear, and what each item was used for.

image.jpg

http://thinblueflorida.com/?p=536

Thank you! Can we discuss this ^^^ ? as part of the motive maybe ?[/QUOTE

Jealous GF, wife, other female. Maybe someone who thought the implants were too extravagant/costly/unnecessary. Maybe Missy's personality changed after getting them....... I keep thinkng about wounds to head and chest. The Perp who did this was very very pissed at Missy for some reason. I bet if we could read LE report, it will say "overkill".

Check out this "doorstorm". Used by LE, FF, and presumably military/swat.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=8rJoWaMMVZ4

bc65f7699f11529c389534e3d250d408.jpg
5018e61db1a1b48d69c524c41ec093c2.jpg
f4df92c5d47a0c69707ccb4ed16c0e2d.jpg

It looks like it might be it but SP would have to be a professional thief to get it to pay for itself. Or SP was desperate to get to MB and cost didn't matter.

So either wealthy or highly paid. Or someone who just happened to have such a thing at his/her personal disposal.

Holy crap! You might be right. I don't know why I've never considered that. Actually, yes I do. I didn't even know it was possible to make a homemade suppressor with a cardboard box at home. But apparently, not only can you make one, but those plastic wrap boxes are ideal to use because of the holes on each end of the box.

(I'm fairly certain that my search history has landed me on an FBI watch list somewhere.)

Don't feel bad, in the beginning of the gun rumors I searched if it's possible to remove a bullet with a hammer. I am certain I flagged some sort of LE unit. The struggle is real for sure.

Thank you! Can we discuss this ^^^ ? as part of the motive maybe ?[/QUOTE

Jealous GF, wife, other female. Maybe someone who thought the implants were too extravagant/costly/unnecessary. Maybe Missy's personality changed after getting them....... I keep thinkng about wounds to head and chest. The Perp who did this was very very pissed at Missy for some reason. I bet if we could read LE report, it will say "overkill".
Glad we're finally trying to discuss this. And agree with all these possibilities.
It seems her current persona was quite a bit different from what it was years before.......not a criticism at all - just an observation. It's possible the killer and possibly associates weren't happy with her transformed self........too threatening? too much money? got too much attention? messing with body God gave her? (may be far out there, but religion seems to be at the center of some lives). Again, not in any way a criticism, just an observation.

I have to believe LE has much more information than we do; therefore, LE has a theory - or theories - they are pursuing. Heck, for one thing, they can interview people! (if I could emphasize without appearing to shout, I would!!!) So much information can come from a good interview........probably more than one interview for some of these players. And I think their resources and skills are way above ours. I'm more hopeful of LE's ongoing investigation. Think of the agencies involved........and not every LEO may assess this case the same way. We can't compete. LOL

Agreed. I am hopeful and definitely leaning toward "confident" that LE has a pretty good grasp on the situation. This particular crime has really captivated me for so many reasons. But specifically how we can have actual video evidence of the murderer and yet so many of us can't agree on what we're seeing.

Don't feel bad, in the beginning of the gun rumors I searched if it's possible to remove a bullet with a hammer. I am certain I flagged some sort of LE unit. The struggle is real for sure.

What did you find out, so I don't have to search.... Just kidding! I am interested in what you found though?

Thank you to rodee34 for posting a photo of the back side of the church when I couldn't access my case images late in thread 27. Thank you also to mcmlxxix and SteveS for posting info on the Nissan--I'll go back and try to find and read the previous discussion where you all figured out the location of the car. (Sometimes I end up skipping 5+ pages at a time of a thread when I get far behind in reading.) I just kept seeing that railing along the top of the rock wall at the church trash enclosure in front of the car, and thought perhaps LE had purposely publicized erroneous info about the car.

But then, all I see with photos and blow ups of the oval sticker is a blob of who-knows-what, so . . . .

I just need to add that while I did post the back of the building photo, I may or may not have been the person that took the screenshot. I have 100's of photos in my MB folder, some I've done myself, and others that I have downloaded from other members here. I didn't realize until last night that reposting a saved photo without giving credit to the original poster was rude. There is no way I can identify where the pic originated from at this point.

I apologize upfront to anyone that feels that I have stepped on toes. Certainly not my intension!

What did you find out, so I don't have to search.... Just kidding! I am interested in what you found though?

For the most part, it's possible but there are lots of factors (info we don't have) that come into play. If the bullet moved or was lodged far into the body, shattered (or went entirely through the body, hide and seek finding it then) it would be impossible to just scrape out like on TV but if the bullet is still in 1 piece and close enough to see (it will still be a bloody mess) it can be done. I'm not saying there was a gun used in MB case or that it was removed via SP but it's not entirely impossible. Unless SP shot MB right away and was able to immediately remove the bullet, I don't feel like this is the case here BUT stranger things have happened.

JMO HTH

Glad we're finally trying to discuss this. And agree with all these possibilities.
It seems her current persona was quite a bit different from what it was years before.......not a criticism at all - just an observation. It's possible the killer and possibly associates weren't happy with her transformed self........too threatening? too much money? got too much attention? messing with body God gave her? (may be far out there, but religion seems to be at the center of some lives). Again, not in any way a criticism, just an observation.

:goodpost: Thank you. I am not at all criticizing, just would like to explore a different avenue. Just watching Missy in some of her videos, she's a fabulous person with a magnetic personality! She was a natural-born teacher! She's so cute! She's inspiring. I have a friend who had the surgery and it just boosted her confidence 10-fold.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhatHappenedToJAB