TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear, 18 Apr 2016 #35

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think it's CT

Perps eyes too close together

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using Tapatalk

First post here...

I've followed this case pretty closely since about two weeks after it occurred. When I saw the video of SP on a local news site I was intrigued, but thought an arrest would be made quickly based on many criminals using their phones at the time/location of a crime and surveillance cameras being everywhere. I was initially on the fence between a B&E gone bad and a targeted murder.

After watching the interviews (Bever clan and MPD), what pulled me in was all of the crazy coincidences that seem to surround the case. There's been so much written in these threads it's difficult to remember all the facts and separate them from the 'fog of war' and conjecture woven into the discussion (naturally you get this).

At risk of sounding like Capt. Obvious, there are some things that have been bugging me about this case for a long time...

• 911 calls (2 of them seems a little odd but likely not a rare thing), and why wasn't the audio released? I can see that it could be possibly out of respect for the family, but 911 calls are typically released unless something in the audio could jeopardize the case?
  • Scene being released quickly. This really seems strange to me personally, and leads me to a question that I'll throw out there after these bullet points.
    [*]All the shenanigans in the church breaking things and going through doors etc. which after looking at the video numerous times struck me as someone staging the scene in wait (or someone vandalizing and pissed they can't find anything worth taking). Lot of great discussion and diagraming work done by people here by the way. All this seems like overboard, and to top it off nothing was stolen? Why go through all of that effort on camera and not take anything or at least act like your taking things by placing some items in a box/bag to complete the supposed ruse?

So here is the question...

Is there any chance that the MPD messed up the wording in the warrant/affidavit?

I'm assuming there is no way in hell they'd screw that up right? If you read that sentence the grammar is a little off at the end 'toward where the suspects location.'
, and made me take a second look.

*** Slightly Graphic ***
Early on in the case I had a suspicion that Missy could have been killed away from the church and brought there, but that sentence in the affidavit completely negated that theory if it wasn't somehow a mistake. To me if Missy had blood pressure when the actual puncture wounds occurred it would result in a messy scene (this has been discussed).

If Missy was alive when she entered the building, then I really question how quickly the scene was released. Seems very fast to me personally...

I had similar thoughts. The fact that SP entered the building off camera and Missy was found off camera makes me think other things could have been going on off camera while the SP was breaking things on camera.

Another weird coincidence is a family member's FB post on April 15th - the day Missy went to Austin - sharing a post about a gun sale down at SWFA the following day. If it were posted any other day maybe it wouldn't seem so odd.

Who was the last person ( other than SP ) to see MB alive ? Where, when, and under what circumstances ?

Okay, we haven't had any new information and we can only discuss those in the SW. Given that, the 2 people most speculated to be SP are BB and CT. I am going to quickly run through my own thoughts about their possible involvement. Feel free to and add any additional reasons why you think either one is or is not SP or to play devils advocate to the thoughts I have listed (or add other POIs that fit within the TOS and you think you can make a good case for).

BB.
Here are some of my reasons that make me think he could be SP (for BB I am going to ponder both being SP or having hired someone else to be SP).

He is the husband, so immediate POI, and murder statistics say that is rightly so. Even more so when you consider SP hit MB in the head and chest with a hammer.

It is a fact that MB was having, at a minimum, an emotional affair of sorts with someone outside the marriage and the marriage had some financial issues. We know BB was aware of the extra-marital relationships. Despite the level of either of those claims, it is enough to give motive. People have killed for less and any court would consider that enough.

MB had transformed her self physically, which is usually accompanied by a new found mental strength. I won't go so far as to count this as motive because for all we know, BB liked it, but it can be a large change that a relationship has to adapt to. I actually have a handful of CG friends and 2 of the 3 actually went through some marital issues after their 'transformations'.

He knew her schedule well. It is very likely he knew her patterns once there (I imagine he has asked her before if it is safe, if anyone is there, where she has to go to set up, etc).

From what I have read in MSM, MB really only had 2 places she went on a regular schedule that would have her away from the public. Home, and CG. The murder having not occurred in the only one of those 2 places that didn't have cameras says to me that SP either cared about the kids seeing MB dead or they thought it taking place at home would cast more suspicion on family.

I really feel the only real reason LE revised their initial statement to say SP could be female was because the Bevers family came in to say they thought it was a woman and LE then realized they shouldn't have jumped to conclusions, which could cause issues at trial. I personally only see a male when I look at SP footage. Both pre and post Batbrat gear removal. So, for me, that puts the video as a reason to say BB is SP.

His personality when talking to the media. I know, very subjective.

Now, against:
He was apparently a long ways away. I don't count the alibi too much for or against, because I have seen many a case where validated alibis break down much later - LE comes across more footage or finds out how something was faked, etc. Plus, like I mentioned above, I am still considering that he could have hired someone. For now though, he has an alibi, so against him being SP.

His height. He looks to just barely fit in the estimates Batbrat arrived at and doesn't fit in LEs estimate.

From everything we can tell, MB was a wonderful mother and had a great relationship with her kids. I can't imagine him being willing to take her away from the kids.

The planning. BB doesn't seem overly cunning and sharp. I go back and forth on what all it would have taken to plan this murder. As well known as her location and schedule were to many, maybe it wasn't that complex, but if it was BB, the alibi took lots of prep work and if he hired someone, that takes a lot of work to do and pull of to the point the whole thing doesn't unravel immediately (which it hasn't).

CT
For:
Her husband worked in the same business as MB and had occasion to be around MB. Women can often become jealous when they know their husband is around other attractive women.

MT should have some good inside information an IMO she is indicating in her last letter that she believes SP was female. She talks about SP feeling inferior to MB, which makes me think she is saying it was another female. CT just had a baby so she didn't appear to be very fit at the time of the murder, so, this could fit well with CT feeling inferior to MB.

MT's last letter 100% assumes that SP knew MB had been unfaithful. If she is indicating in her letter that SP is female, her comment that SP wants to "judge" MB for her indiscretions would imply that SP was the one wronged by MB. Now, we have no evidence that MB and AT had an affair, but if we take what MT says seriously given that she has inside detail, the letter would have to lead to a "for" CT being SP more than an against.

The 'eyes'. Now, I have some seen some pictures that look nearly identical to CT. I did save them but hesitate to repost. My concern is I don't see that same look anywhere legitimate. I can't remember who posted it and the editing seems like it could have been manipulated. I definitely trust MrsPCs eye pictures, but in those I just don't see the CT resemblance. The differences make me tempted to ignore this one all together as I am familiar with photo editing and I know the amount of distortion and artifacting that occurs, especially with such terrible quality raw images. For now though, I can't get passed the likeness I have seen, so I will put this as a for.

Against:
I can't come up with a plausible scenario that would have allowed her to get away unnoticed. If she was away from both the kids and AT that early morning, that had to be a rarity and I would think they would have LE all over her.

The footage, looks male to me and doesn't seem to fit her body type.

The strength to break in says male to me

I like your points! Gives me/us "food for thought". I do not see CT being the perp. Where are her four young children when she is at the CoC? Makes no sense.

One POI, however, has the composure, height, gait, motive. Could be a tandem act with the spouse of SP......one as lookout, one as doer of evil deed.
This couple has independent corroboration by police: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/corroborate

I can't see BB being in the SWAT uniform. I think he's like 6'6". But that doesnt rule out potential of being involved. He has motive.

CT has motive, but her eyes don't match to me, they're too far apart compared to perp. I also don't know how I feel about the plausibility based on her home situation.

The eyes have always looked like VB to me, but I haven't done comparisons for everyone of interest.

I don't think it's CT

Perps eyes too close together

Totally agree! The photo has comparisons to VB eyes. She could have been the SP on video, while her significant other did the "dirty deed". Remember: there is no footage of the actual murder.

I can't see BB being in the SWAT uniform. I think he's like 6'6". But that doesnt rule out potential of being involved. He has motive.

BB is not 6'6" tall. If we are to believe MB was 5'3" (as has been posted here, taken from SM), comparisons in family photos put BB somewhere around 5'11" to 6'1" tall.

Why do you say that?

Because Caucasians are by definition "light skinned"... I have only ever heard the phrase "light skinned " used to describe some African American, latino, or middle eastern persons. jmo Just based on the people I grew up with.

BB is not 6'6" tall. If we are to believe MB was 5'3" (as has been posted here, taken from SM), comparisons in family photos put BB somewhere around 5'11" to 6'1" tall.
I read RB was 6'2-6'3 and BB was 6'5-6'6. Trying to find the article

If you look at MB FB - family photo posted March 27th at Easter - MB is wearing wedge heels and BB is still towering above her.

No way either is that tall.....
I'm still looking for where I saw it called out, but in the meantime, this pic....
2c872ff7a57983d4285e1120357f0f6a.jpg

First post here...

I've followed this case pretty closely since about two weeks after it occurred. When I saw the video of SP on a local news site I was intrigued, but thought an arrest would be made quickly based on many criminals using their phones at the time/location of a crime and surveillance cameras being everywhere. I was initially on the fence between a B&E gone bad and a targeted murder.

After watching the interviews (Bever clan and MPD), what pulled me in was all of the crazy coincidences that seem to surround the case. There's been so much written in these threads it's difficult to remember all the facts and separate them from the 'fog of war' and conjecture woven into the discussion (naturally you get this).

At risk of sounding like Capt. Obvious, there are some things that have been bugging me about this case for a long time...

• 911 calls (2 of them seems a little odd but likely not a rare thing), and why wasn't the audio released? I can see that it could be possibly out of respect for the family, but 911 calls are typically released unless something in the audio could jeopardize the case?
  • Scene being released quickly. This really seems strange to me personally, and leads me to a question that I'll throw out there after these bullet points.
  • All the shenanigans in the church breaking things and going through doors etc. which after looking at the video numerous times struck me as someone staging the scene in wait (or someone vandalizing and pissed they can't find anything worth taking). Lot of great discussion and diagraming work done by people here by the way. All this seems like overboard, and to top it off nothing was stolen? Why go through all of that effort on camera and not take anything or at least act like your taking things by placing some items in a box/bag to complete the supposed ruse?

So here is the question...

Is there any chance that the MPD messed up the wording in the warrant/affidavit?

I'm assuming there is no way in hell they'd screw that up right? If you read that sentence the grammar is a little off at the end 'toward where the suspects location.'
, and made me take a second look.

*** Slightly Graphic ***
Early on in the case I had a suspicion that Missy could have been killed away from the church and brought there, but that sentence in the affidavit completely negated that theory if it wasn't somehow a mistake. To me if Missy had blood pressure when the actual puncture wounds occurred it would result in a messy scene (this has been discussed).

If Missy was alive when she entered the building, then I really question how quickly the scene was released. Seems very fast to me personally...

Wow! Fantastic post, lots to process and review for my theory.
I do have to agree about the SW, and add that some stuff was crossed out and hand written in, was it due to them maybe in a rush or something else.....

Yeah... link that article when you find it.
I found it in a comment section of Nancy Grace as the commenter was watching her Bevers show. 6'3 RB 6'5 BB. I don't have the transcript of show.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members