TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think there is a sign in the parking lot that says premise covered with security cameras.

Do you happen to know where that sign is located or if there are several signs about this in the parking lot? I'm not sure if you are local so I thought I'd ask in case you knew. ;)

I don't have confirmation but (trying to stay within rules) I saw someone's FB picture of jewelry with her ring AFTER the murder so I'm assuming it was not taken....it looks like a wedding ring to me.

THAT'S where I saw it! Yes...think we can say for sure that her wedding ring was not taken.

Thank you interested!! :)

That's a good point. I thought I read early on that the suspect parked out of view of the outdoor cameras. I just assumed the cameras would have been working in order for LE to know that. However, if they weren't working at all then that disregards my entire point about security cameras so never mind. :)

Do we know if anything was missing from Missy? Cell phone, wedding ring, cash, cards, wallet? That, IMO, would say "robbery gone bad" (even if robbery wasn't the motive, it would look like it was if something was missing).
I think LE said early that vehicle parked far enough away but still showed up on inside cam(thru door like MB truck did) but not able to be id'd. Nothing was missing from MB. I believe LE knows who it is IMO. There is a still pic blown up that IMHO is unmistakenly a younger girl. FBI has best stuff in biz. She is id'd IMO. They are just building the case. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

Do you happen to know where that sign is located or if there are several signs about this in the parking lot? I'm not sure if you are local so I thought I'd ask in case you knew. ;)
Just what have seen in the news reports. It looks like it is right when you pull in on the left.

I think LE said early that vehicle parked far enough away but still showed up on inside cam(thru door like MB truck did) but not able to be id'd. Nothing was missing from MB. I believe LE knows who it is IMO. There is a still pic blown up that IMHO is unmistakenly a younger girl. FBI has best stuff in biz. She is id'd IMO. They are just building the case. I could be wrong. Time will tell.

I totally agree. But, I'm curious what your definition of "younger girl" is.

Do you remember where you saw the pic? I think you may be right as far as LE knowing.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk

I really hope you're right on this Murray. The more we look at this case, the more worried I get that there isn't enough information for LE to find this person. I am usually optimistic but for some reason, I am on edge wondering if this person will actually get away with this. To me, the perp seems like such a dummy but they obviously were smart enough with their disguise/movements to make us question everything.

I am glad that MPD has a lot of help with this case and I pray that they have some good evidence that will lead to this person. I'm usually impatient for information (that's definitely not new) but this case has me on edge constantly waiting for any tiny morsel of something new that can be looked at. At the very least LE, tell us that you have something that you can't release. The thought of them not having anything, makes my stomach turn.

Maybe it's that this is just too close for comfort but I'm honestly just scared to death on this one; for the community, for society as a whole and for the justice Missy deserves.

I just got a chance to rewatch the surveillance video in more detail/more closely. I have a few questions and statements regarding it.

1) I find it very odd that the perp casually walks around, looks into rooms, basically spends a lot of time on the surveillance camera. Typically when a perp knows that cameras are recording it is the opposite - they either try to do something to disable or disarm the camera, or they don't worry about it and get in and out in the shortest amount of time. So, does this mean that the perp isn't aware of the cameras? Maybe the perp doesn't, in fact, have as much knowledge of the church as I originally thought. I just find it eery that he/she is pacing around, reading the bulletin board, going and out of rooms, basically just "hanging out" waiting for MB..if he/she knew they were on camera the entire time why act so casual and why spend so much time on camera?

2) Around the 55-57 second mark on the video, what is the perp doing in front of the bulletin board with his/her hands?

3) It's apparent (to me at least) that the perp is not comfortable wearing the heavy uniform, but I think the odd walk/stature is actually due to the boots/shoes. I think the boots are purposely too big (either to throw off LE if a print is found, or simply because they didn't want to wear a pair of their own boots due to possible DNA). Those are not the suspects boots, and therefore it is causing he/she to walk strange.

4) Speaking of the uniform, I think I asked this the other day but I can't remember the answer - where would the suspect be able to purchase something like that? I can't imagine those are readily available at many stores around town. Is that a costume type uniform (maybe from a Halloween supply type store) or a more authentic one that would need to be purchased through a specialty website?

5) I still can't get a good handle on whether or not the perp is a man or a woman, but I'm leaning towards female at this point.

The boots are purposely too big - I agree, completely. By 3, maybe 4 sizes. Average size of a man's foot (I truly believe it's a man) is 10.5. This perp's shoe size is probably smaller than average, so a size 12 for example would be really big on him. The boots could have been purchased at, and then returned to via a charitable donation (after being cleaned), a thrift store.

LE already stated that the outside cameras were not working that night

Yes and without knowing what underlying issue caused them not to work nor who did this, it could have been as simple as someone in the church the day before flipping some switches where the exterior power is off that would simultaneously shut off the power for the exterior cameras while also being something that would encourage Missy to move the class indoors at that last minute.

I am still leaning toward jilted person or someone who lost a child due to exercise and blamed MB. Strong motive in the perps eyes. IMO. That or a "hit" which will be even sadder whomever ordered it.

Someone mentioned two pages ago a grainy picture of the perps car from the gun dealer's camera. Do we have that picture?

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Someone mentioned two pages ago a grainy picture of the perps car from the gun dealer's camera. Do we have that picture?

LE has something that might be the picture of the perp's car and they say it's such poor quality that they aren't releasing it

I have kind of stayed away from this thread because I have never thought it was a professional hit ,and I don't think it was a family member , I mean who kills with a head injury ? suggesting to me he was not armed, I am convinced it was a robbery....there are so many totally ignorant people in DFW that have kill for dumb ***** like a cell phone , hat, etc. I think he was looking for simple things to sell or pawn I just don't think we are looking for a genus , it reminds me of a day care that was broken into a few weeks prior , they took something like a TV and snacks for the kids, there are plenty of adults around here that will do that, he looks like one of them to me !

Again, someone committing a simply petty robbery would more than likely not go through the trouble of disguising themselves in that bulky get up. And going from a stealing a TV and snacks to murdering a woman is a giant leap. Most burglars would simply take off. And I can't shake the coincidence of them showing up just before Missi gets there when she made that Facebook announcement the night before. And to answer your question: MANY killers kill by bludgeoning.

That was me lunchbox! It was actually just a question of whether or not LE could have caught the grainy picture that was mentioned before on the cameras of that gun shop. Mr. Brooks, Tricia's guest last night, said that LE knew when Missy arrived at the church due to the footage obtained from the gun shop. (ETA: This was news to me.) I was curious if this would have also given them the "grainy footage". This photo wasn't released though and from what I understand (someone correct me if I'm wrong), it was because it was just a portion of the car, too grainy and make/model couldn't be identified.

Sorry, it wasn't a fact....but really a question/musing about the possibility.

738eac096b31a950046ac4c272fa022e.jpg

I took a screen shot from the surveillance video and applied a sepia toned filter because it created the best contrast to see the hammer in their hand.

I found the lower pic on a geology website about rock tools. I think the long pink one looks like the hammer above. What do you guys think?

The boots are purposely too big - I agree, completely. By 3, maybe 4 sizes. Average size of a man's foot (I truly believe it's a man) is 10.5. This perp's shoe size is probably smaller than average, so a size 12 for example would be really big on him. The boots could have been purchased at, and then returned to via a charitable donation (after being cleaned), a thrift store.

I agree - 3 or 4 sizes is what I was originally thinking as well.

Snipped by me...

I took a screen shot from the surveillance video and applied a sepia toned filter because it created the best contrast to see the hammer in their hand.

I found the lower pic on a geology website about rock tools. I think the long pink one looks like the hammer above. What do you guys think?

I googled and I'm thinking more like the blue one in your pic. It has more of a blunt end on the other side...

Respectfully snipped photo.

Interesting! To me, it looks like one side is a little rounded but I don't really have any experience with tools. I am looking on Google at different kinds of hammers though to see if I can find something close to what I am seeing in your photo. I had thought it was a "ball hammer" up until I saw your photo, now I'm not so sure of that. It doesn't look like one of our regular hammers either. What I mean about that is that it doesn't go straight across at the top but seems to "dip" down. MOO.

Maybe someone else with more experience will see it differently though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Migrant