TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016 - #5

Status
Not open for further replies.
In this video, at the 1:50 mark, the camera shows a hallway. The perp opens a door underneath the camera. On the wall beside the door is the number "12." When the perp opens the door, you can clearly see the beam from the perp's headlamp shining on the frame of the door. It is very clear.

[video=youtube;ePS8TJ6UAqY]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePS8TJ6UAqY[/video]

Here are two screencaps. The first is the entire screen and the second is the portion of the screen where you can see the beam from the headlamp. Notice the beam is at forehead level, and the perp is carrying a hammer in his/her right hand and something that looks like a cling-wrap box in his/her left. (i.e., there is no way the perp could also be holding a flashlight)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 5.36.55 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 5.36.55 PM.png
    310.5 KB · Views: 307
  • Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 5.37.10 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2016-04-29 at 5.37.10 PM.png
    30.9 KB · Views: 439
LE are quiet but the Bevers family are willingly talking to the media

waiting for them so they can talk to them in fact

this is a good sign imo the Bevers family WELCOME us sharing the clips etc.

Meanwhile, Missy's family has been quiet almost as if they know something and just letting this all play out.

Levity is a good thing, but not when it seems to involve making a joke out of the investigative process, IMO.

I am trying to stay away from this blood on the shirt thing. But it could be he is smiling because he knows that the blood came from a dog and the craziness of people thinking he would be so stupid as to take a shirt to the dry cleaners that could convict him. Also if it really had her blood on it, I think he would be nervous, not proud of it.

I will not comment anymore about this topic unless the DNA comes back human.

Sorry if this has been discussed but I have been thinking a lot about the pouring rain. The gear and the person wearing it do not appear to be soaking wet when they are on camera. The gear is not dripping. So that means they either parked near the church and went in quickly, or they donned the gear after entering the church, which means they lugged it in and had other clothing to escape in.

The rain also probably means that the perp could not have hiked in very far, and would have needed a 4-wheel drive to leave any method other than the church driveway. I know areas of Texas were getting flooded. Was there so much rain in this area as to make escape through the back dirt roads impassible even with a 4-wheel drive?

Good thoughts/questions. Seems he couldn't have donned the gear after entering the church as that would've been caught on motion-detector surveillance. Unless he entered by the broken window and changed in that room. (Thinking that was possibly a kitchen area or close to it, as there are exhaust vents on roof above and propane tanks nearby,)

But...if he came in through the window, there'd be no reason to exert considerable time and energy jimmying the door handle (panic hardware) off that fire door a few feet away. I'd assumed when he couldn't get in via the single metal fire door--despite taking off the external panic hardware, that he'd bashed in the glass on those double doors we've seen boarded up (are those at the back of the building?).

But, those double doors could've been bashed in later just as general vandalism, I suppose, and (IF he were young and quite fit) he possibly (?? I'll have to go back and eyeball that window repair photo again) could've hauled himself and some duffle-bagged (knap-sacked?) SWAT clothes in through that broken window near/at the kitchen. Then put on his (dry) SWAT uniform (I'm thinking over his wet clothes, but who knows...). Maybe store the duffle in the kitchen, and come back for it after the murder, leaving again by way of window. Strip off the white police letters, and run away into the night wearing his dark SWAT uniform - maybe to the vegetation just north of the parking lot, maybe picking up a bike, or maybe just running/walking under cover of vegetation. I've seen no fences on Google maps that would technically prevent this.

Other than donning dry SWAT clothes on top of his wet clothes, I'm thinking he might not have actually 'changed' clothes before or after the murder due to DNA issues and time constraints.

Or maybe the SWAT outfit WAS wet and we just can't tell that in the video, so this is all a moot point. ;)

Question: Does JHarlin (or another local here) know exactly what time it stared raining there that morning, and when the rain let up?

do we even know it was raining?

those tiny gym towels are very absorbent. Im looking for someone with a Military or LE Background who knows how to pack a kit.

all it takes is a backpack.

PLANNING is the Hallmark of this crime IMO. Military style. Or wannabe military.

the PLANNING also can explain why the guy looks pretty darn cool and collected walking those halls.

gear was kept in their car

i think we are giving this perp(s) too much credit....

perp looked stupid playing a role from the old tv show "chips" (yes, I'm getting old if I reference something to this show)

he or they were their for one reason, to murder Missy......

still think one or two of them were there or one knew about it but didn't go to the church.....

We actually don't know how they looked as people can't even agree on if they were fat or thin due to how the camera apparently distorts them, they only had to fool Missy very briefly to get her off-guard plus it is a matter of what's easier having all that gear when trying to break into that place or putting on all those pounds of gear only once you need it. I would think breaking off a door handle would be far easier in a beanie hat with a built in light and pants rather than trying to do it with a motorcycle helmet on, tools coming out of your pockets and wearing your [bulletproof] vest. Consider how much damage was done to the doors and windows just trying to break in as that took both time and effort where it's just easier to have done things like this the day prior as you could have ended up with an exhausted perp who was too worn out to effectively attack Missy. If you're going through a lot of effort and planning to kill someone, you'd do things to make it easier on yourself instead of harder. If they're that good to rip off a door handle with all those tools and gear, they're not exactly bumblers, especially if they did that within a short time of killing Missy as doing more prep work prior means requiring less energy to be spent that morning.

Here are two screencaps. The first is the entire screen and the second is the portion of the screen where you can see the beam from the headlamp. Notice the beam is at forehead level, and the perp is carrying a hammer in his/her right hand and something that looks like a cling-wrap box in his/her left. (i.e., there is no way the perp could also be holding a flashlight)

attachment.php
attachment.php

Wow Bill, welcome back. That is the best shot yet. What seems confusing is the light does not appear to on all the time. Great eye to catch this one.

did Missy ever teach the class inside the church before? How long before the class was supposed to start did she post that message on Facebook of having the class inside? I wonder if the perp already had police gear in hand and was waiting to attack her? I think the timing of change of location I crucial. To me this seems like the perp was waiting for an opportunity,otherwise how do u get hold of a police costume in 5 hours?

The perp (as usual) thinks hes the Smartest in the Room

thought of everything including buying the costume with cash out of town etc

DIDNT think his early morning limping would be caught on cam quite so clearly

this tells me hes VAIN. He thinks of himself as Superman but in reality is Superego and will be caught because of it.

Hello. I have read every one of these threads. Many of you have posted thoughts which I also have had, but I have not seen the comments I am about to make.

My comments will be about this series of 4 photos released to the media early in the investigation. In order to see what I am going to describe, I used Firefox on a desktop computer enlarged to 300%. This is the link:

http://content.wfaa.com/photo/2016/04/18/0418_mid_suspect01_1461015606656_1732910_ver1.0.jpg

Photo #3

The disallowed Twitter re-contrasted for B&W face blowup appears to be from this, which is the same still frame without the time/date stamp.

Photo #1

Enlarged to 300%, look down to the front right leg, below the knee/top of shin. Does anyone else see a 5-point star? It looks gold on top with 3 points, and white (or reflection) bottom 2 points, affixed to leg perhaps with a black 3/4" elastic band, or affixed to what some think is a shin guard? Does that look like metal Sheriff Deputy badge? Once you can identify the object, you will see it when the photo is smaller.

Hi SandyQLS, and welcome!!

I can't see the star, but can't zoom in any further. Why would there be a badge on their knee though?

attachment.php
attachment.php

I'm still tending to think no headlamp. If that first door has a glass window inset like so many of the others, the flashlight beam could be reflecting off of that, onto the helmet and off again to a bit of the side wall.

In the overhead shot the beam on the door frame corresponds to light from the hallway being let in through the glass window insert of that door, as the door is being opened.

It's really a minor deal overall, but I suppose it tests and sharpens our observational and deductive skills.

Hi SandyQLS, and welcome!!

I can't see the star, but can't zoom in any further. Why would there be a badge on their knee though?

Personally, I think it's just reflections of light or something. Ever since I read Sandy's post, I have been looking and looking and then it jumped out and bit me. Lol. Yes, and WELCOME to WS, Sandy!

Perp right leg.jpg

did Missy ever teach the class inside the church before? How long before the class was supposed to start did she post that message on Facebook of having the class inside? I wonder if the perp already had police gear in hand and was waiting to attack her? I think the timing of change of location I crucial. To me this seems like the perp was waiting for an opportunity,otherwise how do u get hold of a police costume in 5 hours?

Great questions! I looked at her facebook before it was scrubbed and did not see a post about moving inside. I haven't found anyone else that has either. Only a post saying that if it's raining, we are training. MOO it's a rumor that grew legs.

How did the perp know she would come inside? How did he know she would come alone? My burning questions today.

Our CG camp is in the same area and is also held at a church, and we regularly have camp inside the church during rainy season. For that reason, I would confidently guess that this is not the first time she has held camp inside the church. Hope that helps.

ETA: We usually know the night before or when we get up to head to camp whether we will be inside or out based on communication (that can be FB or a group text on our cellphones) from the trainer and/or the weather outside our window.

I usually don't post like this (as a matter of fact it drives me nuts when others do) but I have an inclination that the perp may be a male in his 20's, overweight wanna be cop or military dork. Big man child that couldn't pass a LE physical if he tried. Fancies himself as a dangerous man, buys cheap law enforcement gear. probably a house full of gadgets. Very impressionable and willing to show what he can do to the right person offering approval or a little cash. Now just to figure out who wanted her hurt..

BBM: Gosh, I hope with all that I have that the perp is reading here because I want them to see this post!! :giggle:

Sorry, the not needing the press release was sarcasm. I have trouble biting my tongue, or sitting on my hands I guess.

No, I totally got it! ;) Just didn't want to have my post alerted.

Hello. I have read every one of these threads. Many of you have posted thoughts which I also have had, but I have not seen the comments I am about to make.

My comments will be about this series of 4 photos released to the media early in the investigation. In order to see what I am going to describe, I used Firefox on a desktop computer enlarged to 300%. This is the link:

http://content.wfaa.com/photo/2016/04/18/0418_mid_suspect01_1461015606656_1732910_ver1.0.jpg

Photo #3

The disallowed Twitter re-contrasted for B&W face blowup appears to be from this, which is the same still frame without the time/date stamp.

Photo #1

Enlarged to 300%, look down to the front right leg, below the knee/top of shin. Does anyone else see a 5-point star? It looks gold on top with 3 points, and white (or reflection) bottom 2 points, affixed to leg perhaps with a black 3/4" elastic band, or affixed to what some think is a shin guard? Does that look like metal Sheriff Deputy badge? Once you can identify the object, you will see it when the photo is smaller.

I DO see something there. Not sure if it's a 5-point star but definitely can see what you mean. Why would it be there though?? What are your thoughts about it?

And WELCOME TO WS!!! :welcome4:

Photo #3

Photo #1

OOOOOhhhhhhhhhhhhh, I had attributed that to being a tool, but if it was a badge that could definitely tie it into the allegedly crooked Ellis County Sherriff's lieutenant that was arrested for selling guns. If someone will pawn off guns from LE, I don't think they'd have any moral qualms about pawning off other sorts of gear, like that could have been a badge from someone who retired or left and got into the hands of that LE commander who sold it off while also having control of the paper trail. If this guy could get a judge to sign off that he destroyed a gun that he actually pawned to have that sort of a false paper trail, he could have a false paper trail for any other item seen in the video including a badge.

I'm rethinking everything now as I think about the weather and the way it appears that lots of planning went into the outfit etc. if I understand correctly, the class is usually outside? So if this was targeted and planned, what was the original plan before the weather caused the class to be indoors? To attack her outdoors risking other participants showing up? Pulling her inside? Just doesn't seem like the targeted idea would apply if the class had been outside as usual. I'm thinking now this is an individual who wishes he could be a police officer or mentally thinks he is. I think she surprised him and he reacted.

Yes she taught here before. Yes it was raining. Yes there were men in the class. Go to my profile (click my name) and view my posts to links. JHarlin posted the actual weather, we did the work if you go back and read the threads to answer these questions.

Does anyone know how bright the head lamp would be?Could it have temporarily blinded Missy?Then she gets hit?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoRo