TX - Terri 'Missy' Bevers,45, murdered in church/person in SWAT gear,18 Apr 2016- # 7

Status
Not open for further replies.
....snipping some length.... I am assuming they found her within a minute or so of entering the building and quickly called 911. The calls to 911 were at 5am. I don't think they were in the building long before they saw her on the floor. That leads me to believe they assumed class would be outdoors.

Still scratching my head why one camper would arrive 25 minutes early, especially at that time of day.

jmopinion, subject to change

Hello, Sleuthers. Always 10 pages behind here... With a group, 1 arrives early, cluster arrives in middle, 1 is a late straggler - like a bell curve. We are told early bird 4:35 waited for others. Suppose the cluster arrived 4:45-4:50, and early bird joins them. They are all under the awning outside and by conversing with early bird realize s/he has not actually seen Missy. So they venture inside about 4:50. I think the suspect may have closed all the hallway doors on video we don't see - or left open misleading doors - but if I committed the murder, I would definitely close the door behind me, maybe even lock it. That's a big church, so I am comfortable giving the campers 10 minutes to even find Missy behind some door, perhaps closed or locked, in a dark room before they call 911 at 5:00. LE said there was no video of interactions between suspect and Missy, so Missy was not left in the hallway with the motion-activated cameras and dim light, nor was she murdered there or found there. LE says that they think the suspect may have escaped the way they came in. Didn't they see the suspect leave through a hallway so they know for sure? Or was Missy murdered in the kitchen and the suspect escaped out that back door without reappearing on hallway cameras? Could the suspect have been yelling for "Help! I'm hurt in the kitchen!" to attract Missy's attention - and Missy might not have thought anything of a kitchen worker being there early to prepare something, or that they parked out of sight in back or in the far parking lot.

Another thing I ask myself is: how rediculous would I feel putting that swat outfit on???!!
Imagine packing it in a gym bag so you had everything together and your spouse opening the bag! Or if they got dressed at home and unexpectedly had car trouble or a neighbor had insomnia...
I know it is a waste of time to think about this stuff because we are dealing with a super off the charts nut job. But, still my mind goes there..

Your mind is on the right track in my view. :)

I think it's completely worthwhile thinking about this - I think the costume is deliberate to make it appear to be a male if the person were to be seen. I believe the intent was murder, not burglary. I believe TB was the target or, if the killer's husband was involved with the victim, a double murder. Maybe the killer was wandering room to room looking for them?

Who among their group is or was a LE member or member of a SWAT - that man's wife or gf would have access to the uniform. Wearing that kind of gear would make most females walk funny; remember how kids move when bundled up for winter? Or, a teenage male unused to wearing it...

Not much nuttier than the gal who wore diapers on an all-night drive to murder her rival, lol. Yikes! What obsessed people do!

I just don't believe anyone would dress like that solely to break into a building to steal. Too difficult to move around and to carry out any booty? Too awkward. OTOH, dressed like that if they expected a shootout with LE?

Nope. She was targeted. She or they.

Re: the bloody shirts

If the shirts were worn by the perp, and got blood on them (do we know how much?), then the outer "SWAT" suit would surely have blood on it too. Meaning that the perp either needs to hide or discard it. Why, then, wouldn't the perp just keep the undershirt with the "SWAT" suit and hide/dispose of it all together? Why send anything to the cleaners IF it actually had blood on it from the murder?

Not only that, but assuming he actually wore the SWAT outfit during the attack, (which is presumably a main reason for his donning it in the first place), the tee shirt worn underneath would hardly be expected to look like a dog had bled to death all over it.

Just one of several reasons why I put this dead dog to rest 2 threads ago (pardon the pun).

Re: the bloody shirts

If the shirts were worn by the perp, and got blood on them (do we know how much?), then the outer "SWAT" suit would surely have blood on it too. Meaning that the perp either needs to hide or discard it. Why, then, wouldn't the perp just keep the undershirt with the "SWAT" suit and hide/dispose of it all together? Why send anything to the cleaners IF it actually had blood on it from the murder?

You make a good point. Why would someone separate the bloody clothing? Why not get rid of them together?

Whether she was or wasn't targeted, I wonder how much common knowledge it was that there wasn't a security system there. I also do wonder about the cameras if the perp disabled them somehow (like via the circuit breaker, so that the exterior cameras wouldn't have any power) and thought some or all the cameras weren't working. If they didn't know about the exterior cameras, that would be a reason for them to have arrived on foot or else regardless of their disguise, the car would give them away where LE could track it down.

Well, whether she was targeted or not I bet there will be a security system coming.

Hello, Sleuthers. Always 10 pages behind here... With a group, 1 arrives early, cluster arrives in middle, 1 is a late straggler - like a bell curve. We are told early bird 4:35 waited for others. Suppose the cluster arrived 4:45-4:50, and early bird joins them. They are all under the awning outside and by conversing with early bird realize s/he has not actually seen Missy. So they venture inside about 4:50. I think the suspect may have closed all the hallway doors on video we don't see - or left open misleading doors - but if I committed the murder, I would definitely close the door behind me, maybe even lock it. That's a big church, so I am comfortable giving the campers 10 minutes to even find Missy behind some door, perhaps closed or locked, in a dark room before they call 911 at 5:00. LE said there was no video of interactions between suspect and Missy, so Missy was not left in the hallway with the motion-activated cameras and dim light, nor was she murdered there or found there. LE says that they think the suspect may have escaped the way they came in. Didn't they see the suspect leave through a hallway so they know for sure? Or was Missy murdered in the kitchen and the suspect escaped out that back door without reappearing on hallway cameras? Could the suspect have been yelling for "Help! I'm hurt in the kitchen!" to attract Missy's attention - and Missy might not have thought anything of a kitchen worker being there early to prepare something, or that they parked out of sight in back or in the far parking lot.

I don't think it would take 10 minutes in that church to find someone. Ten minutes is a long time when walking through a building.

I think they were still outside, probably gathered and chatting as you mentioned, until very close to 5am when they started to wonder when and where class would be. I'm thinking that they were assuming class would be in the covered area outdoors so they just waited there...until it was class time and no instructor was around.

Once they entered the building, they found her quickly and would not hesitate for a moment before dialing 911. I'm sure they were on their phones fast.

Just a hunch, of course.

JMO.

I think it is a very interesting theory
They would have to know something about Missy though, because if it is a thrill kill, they would need to know someone would be there to kill

JMO[/QUOTE
Maybe they were looking for opportunity. CG had been there before. Maybe her moving it inside provided that opportunity.

Not only that, but assuming he actually wore the SWAT outfit during the attack, (which is presumably a main reason for his donning it in the first place), the tee shirt worn underneath would hardly be expected to look like a dog had bled to death all over it.

Just one of several reasons why I put this dead dog to rest 2 threads ago (pardon the pun).

:ditto:
If he'd turned up with a bloody SWAT shirt (or bloody women's gym clothes), then we'd have a dead horse worth beating.

What do you guys make of these two shiny things? A watch and a tool maybe? If you focus on them they move with the body so I do not believe they are reflections.
attachment.php

-Looks like a white shirt peeking out from sleeve, collar and bottom of shirt.
-Also,in listening to the first full press conference it was noted that the perp came in through double metal doors with glass on top and that perp went out the way he came. Where is our map artist to show where that is?

I think all the shirt does is tell us some of whom LE is still interested in.

I'm not so sure about that.

Someone posted yesterday that LE is obligated in getting a search warrant and having the shirt tested. If they didn't, a defense attorney at trial could say that the shirt was proof that their client is not guilty and LE had tunnel vision.

The shirt is being tested to eliminate it being part of this case. JMO

I want a local reporter to find out/tell us what has become of the "several" other search warrants LE reportedly issued in the first few days of the investigation. If any reporters have put in a FOIA request for other warrants, I wish they would tell us that. And if they have been told the other warrants will not be released, I want them to tell us why. I haven't heard of an official gag order or officially sealed documents, but it would be great if the media would confirm one way or the other.

First reported April 22nd, 4 days after Missy's murder:

“We have executed several search warrants over the last few days,” Midlothian's Assistant Police Chief Kevin Johnson said, adding the investigators continue to move through an investigative checklist as they examine every possible lead. “We are casting a wide net, everywhere where we think we might get a lead.”

http://www.waxahachietx.com/article/20160422/NEWS/160429778

I agree. Or maybe Missy ripped a chunk of the SWAT costume off the perp and the fabric was still in her hand when LE found her. I hope she did.

Could the struggle have been part of the staging? Missy enters dark room, perp immediately fells her to the floor. Then perp just tosses around some chairs, turns over tables, smashes a window - maybe created the appearance of a struggle in advance - in keeping with the staged robbery gone bad to fool LE.

I disagree, the locals have implied that they don't believe the family is involved. Others mentioned that they need to do their do diligence so the real perp cannot claim rush to judgement.

My new gut feeling is this.

Not a family member
Not a camper (Not enough time to kill her, clean themselves up, and get there as nothing happened)
Not a jealous spouse (reasons below)
A co-worker (Someone that knew her routine and church security (Alarm not set that night) too well )
A man (Height and his calmness)
Possibly ex-military (He knows how to kill without be nervous, also appears to be smart enough to leave no electronic trail)
Worked alone (If first camper involved, they would have broken them by now)

MY RUNNING TIMELINE/ TIMEFRAME: JMHO

UPDATED APRIL 18 TIMELINE http://www.fox4news.com/news/129779738-story
*black LEO Timeline *Red Arkansasmimi JMHO

3:50 a.m. - Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
**Suspect is in the building at minimum 1 hr. (350 -approx 455 *my est Campers went into building)

4:16 a.m. - Missy's pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot
** from surveillance video Outdoor Store

4:20 a.m. - Missy appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building
**doors open into the MAIN HALLWAY.. different color patterns on flooring

4:35 a.m. - Participant in Camp Gladiator fitness class arrives at the church

*at this time has been 15 min since MB first seen entering church. UNKNOW To PUBLIC if MB came back out to truck to get any equip or not*
**UNKNOWN To PUBLIC what time the Campers entered into the building. JMHO> I WILL USE 455am since the (2) 911 calls were made at 500am. **
***Using JMHO 455 time...Suspect had been in building at least 1 hr, MB time since first seen on video walking in 35 min . LEO are assuming that Suspect left after he was last seen PUBLIC DOES NOT KNOW WHERE OR TIME THAT LAST SEEN, BUT STATED THEY THINK SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. ATTACK/MURDER NOT CAUGHT ON VIDEO. BUT WE DO NOT KNOW ALL THE VIDEO OF MB AND OF SUSPECT TOGETHER... IF THEY HAVE ANY TOGETHER...***
****PUBLIC HAS NO TIME STAMPS OTHER THAN THE 358 am OF SUSPECT at 2 doors/bulletin boards/ front of Holy Ground < which is at the doors MB came in at. NOTE THAT IS 22 MIN PRIOR TO MB documented walking into the building. PUBLIC HAS NO IDEA what time the other portions of the release video was. LEO has said they have 30 min... but there are portions of the building that do not have video cameras. Only have time stamped when Suspect walked into the halls. Depending on the time that the Campers came in.. It was at the minimum 1 hour from time Suspect first seen on Video.

5:00 a.m. - Two 911 calls received from church
5:01 a.m. - Fire department dispatched
5:03 a.m. - Initial patrol officers dispatched
5:07 a.m. - Fire department arrives to the church
5:10 a.m. Officers arrive at the church

**530am.. MB SIL stated that MB called her and asked her to go to MB house. Campers had called MIL
MISSY BEVERS CELL PHONE WAS NOT LISTED ON THE SEARCH WARRANT FOR MB 2012 Ford F150 TRUCK. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html#warrant
LEO stated that her Cellphone was NOT password protected so JMHO it was with her and that may be how the Campers got MIL and BB cell numbers if they didnt have them already JMHO.

12:00 pm Crime scene finished being processed per Chief https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

MY RUNNING TIMELINE/ TIMEFRAME: JMHO

UPDATED APRIL 18 TIMELINE http://www.fox4news.com/news/129779738-story
*black LEO Timeline *Red Arkansasmimi JMHO

3:50 a.m. - Suspect first appears on video surveillance camera at Creekside Church of Christ
**Suspect is in the building at minimum 1 hr. (350 -approx 455 *my est Campers went into building)

4:16 a.m. - Missy's pickup truck is shown on video surveillance driving into the church parking lot
** from surveillance video Outdoor Store

4:20 a.m. - Missy appears on video surveillance camera walking into the church building
**doors open into the MAIN HALLWAY.. different color patterns on flooring

4:35 a.m. - Participant in Camp Gladiator fitness class arrives at the church

*at this time has been 15 min since MB first seen entering church. UNKNOW To PUBLIC if MB came back out to truck to get any equip or not*
**UNKNOWN To PUBLIC what time the Campers entered into the building. JMHO> I WILL USE 455am since the (2) 911 calls were made at 500am. **
***Using JMHO 455 time...Suspect had been in building at least 1 hr, MB time since first seen on video walking in 35 min . LEO are assuming that Suspect left after he was last seen PUBLIC DOES NOT KNOW WHERE OR TIME THAT LAST SEEN, BUT STATED THEY THINK SHORTLY AFTERWARDS. ATTACK/MURDER NOT CAUGHT ON VIDEO. BUT WE DO NOT KNOW ALL THE VIDEO OF MB AND OF SUSPECT TOGETHER... IF THEY HAVE ANY TOGETHER...***
****PUBLIC HAS NO TIME STAMPS OTHER THAN THE 358 am OF SUSPECT at 2 doors/bulletin boards/ front of Holy Ground < which is at the doors MB came in at. NOTE THAT IS 22 MIN PRIOR TO MB documented walking into the building. PUBLIC HAS NO IDEA what time the other portions of the release video was. LEO has said they have 30 min... but there are portions of the building that do not have video cameras. Only have time stamped when Suspect walked into the halls. Depending on the time that the Campers came in.. It was at the minimum 1 hour from time Suspect first seen on Video.

5:00 a.m. - Two 911 calls received from church
5:01 a.m. - Fire department dispatched
5:03 a.m. - Initial patrol officers dispatched
5:07 a.m. - Fire department arrives to the church
5:10 a.m. Officers arrive at the church

**530am.. MB SIL stated that MB called her and asked her to go to MB house. Campers had called MIL
MISSY BEVERS CELL PHONE WAS NOT LISTED ON THE SEARCH WARRANT FOR MB 2012 Ford F150 TRUCK. http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/He...-Seized-Search-Warrant-376599651.html#warrant
LEO stated that her Cellphone was NOT password protected so JMHO it was with her and that may be how the Campers got MIL and BB cell numbers if they didnt have them already JMHO.

12:00 pm Crime scene finished being processed per Chief https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XNLtwTK2hq8&feature=youtu.be

Awesome job lady!

I do think that MB walked down the main hallway and came into contact with the perp somewhere with either no cameras or in a room on that main hallway. But, I don't think it was at the end of that hallway. MOO. I don't think based on what we have heard, that MB was able to go back for a second load out of her truck. JMO. (I'm sorry, I need to go find a link but something about LE thinking that MB came into contact with the perp not long after her entrance into the church, or something like that?!)

And this isn't necessarily directed at you because I know we've discussed this timeline....this is just a comment. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Soccergirl500