TX - Trial of Robert Durst in the murder of Morris Black

LO
I have a hard time imagining Robert Durst with a female-ish soft voice.
:thinking:

I hope they were able to obtain DNA from the "cadaver" letter that inconclusively proves that Durst was the author. It's possible that his defense team could argue that he went to Susan Berman's house, saw her body, and sent the letter anonymously because he was afraid of big bad Jeanine Pirro, but I don't think that defense will work a second time.

He said on "The Jinx" that he knew he couldn't pull off a woman's voice,which is why he pretended to be a mute.

Okay, so here's the thing that really has me puzzled: you have millions of dollars and you don't have to work. You aren't married (or at least you are only on paper), you have no kids, no attachments. You know you're a suspect in multiple states. You want to disappear. Why wait until the 11th hour to leave the country?? Why was he still in the U.S. this entire time? Why is Galveston the farthest he could think of to go that he thought he could disappear? There are other countries that don't extradite, where he could totally disappear and they'd never be able to get him back here to face trial. Resources are not an issue. WHY did he stay in the U.S.?

All I can come up with is:
1. He's a sociopath. Sociopaths can't avoid risk. They thrive on it. On some level, he enjoys coming really close to the edge of being caught. That's why he waited until the last possible second to flee.
2. He enjoys lurking as a way of tormenting his family. He wants to be far, but not too far. He enjoys their fear that he might come back at any time. The knowledge that he's out there and dangerous is enough. That's why he went back to Douglas's and just went up and down the stairs. He enjoys the power trip of being able to put fear into his family.

Any thoughts on this?

I agree with both 1 and 2.

Video of Judge at link below:

Exclusive: Judge Claims Robert Durst Left Cat Head on Her Doorstep

Judge Susan Criss, who presided at Robert Durst's murder trial for shooting and dismembering his neighbor in Galveston, Texas, in 2003 told INSIDE EDITION that shortly after Durst was acquitted, she found the head of a cat on her doorstep.

http://www.insideedition.com/videos...ms-robert-durst-left-cat-head-on-her-doorstep

FYI I don't know if this has been mentioned,but Dateline is doing a show on Durst tonight@ 8PM EST.

Do you know if the wrongful death suit filed by Morris Black's sister (who had not seen him in nearly 30 years) was dismissed or settled. I don't think it went to trial as I'm sure it would have made the news.

I did not know about this suit brought on by his sister. Do you have a link to a story? There really is so much information that we still don't know about I'm sure.

Oh thank GOD I'm not the only person who though this. That jury did not make Galvestonians look like the brightest bulbs. Durst lucked out. Thankfully, I don't think he will be quite as lucky with an L.A. jury.

Why don't you think he will be that lucky again?

Does missing person Kathy Durst have a thread devoted to her case? ( I have searched and cant find one)

There was a scene in The Jinx when Andrew Jarecki was talking on the phone with the PI that the Durst family hired to "investigate" Kathie's disappearance. The investigator found out that the doorman never really saw Kathie come back to the apartment, as had been reported. Jarecki then asked the PI how the relationship with the Dursts ended (or something to that effect) and the PI said it was a mutual firing. And then Jarecki says words to the effect of, "I can understand why from reading your report." He never elaborated, though, on what that report says. Now I'm thinking that the PI most likely solved the mystery of Kathie's "disappearance" decades ago. The PI was also a former NYPD detective who knew and was well-liked by the NYPD detectives who were investigating the case. Hearing there was a link like that behind the scenes finally answered in my mind why Detective Struck seemed to be going out of his way to corrupt the investigation rather than conduct it. Look the other way much???

Also, I don't know if it's been discussed on here, but Morris Black knew the Dursts from years prior. Him and his brother had a construction company that worked for the Dursts. From what I read, it's believed that Morris Black helped RD dispose of Kathie's remains. Makes sense then that RD made a stop in Galveston right after "Beverley" Hills on his Dead Men Don't Speak tour.

Hmm. Would love to hear an account from one of those prostitutes. I wonder if he has a choking fetish. I don't really want to think about him having sex with anybody, (gross), yet at the same time I find his relationships with women fascinating. I would not be surprised if he was bisexual, and it was about a particular sex act not the gender. His relationship with Deb sounded completely asexual.

http://www.gq.com/news-politics/200204/killer-in-the-blue-dress?currentPage=1 I'm note sure where and how I found this story. If someone posted it here, sorry for the duplication. This is one strange read. One thing it does mention is that Morris Black originated from Boston and Durst dressing in a black tube top and blonde wig :hills:

Madame Reporter, Do you have a link to the story about the relationship between the Black brothers and the Durst family?

Okay, so here's the thing that really has me puzzled: you have millions of dollars and you don't have to work. You aren't married (or at least you are only on paper), you have no kids, no attachments. You know you're a suspect in multiple states. You want to disappear. Why wait until the 11th hour to leave the country?? Why was he still in the U.S. this entire time? Why is Galveston the farthest he could think of to go that he thought he could disappear? There are other countries that don't extradite, where he could totally disappear and they'd never be able to get him back here to face trial. Resources are not an issue. WHY did he stay in the U.S.?

All I can come up with is:
1. He's a sociopath. Sociopaths can't avoid risk. They thrive on it. On some level, he enjoys coming really close to the edge of being caught. That's why he waited until the last possible second to flee.
2. He enjoys lurking as a way of tormenting his family. He wants to be far, but not too far. He enjoys their fear that he might come back at any time. The knowledge that he's out there and dangerous is enough. That's why he went back to Douglas's and just went up and down the stairs. He enjoys the power trip of being able to put fear into his family.

Any thoughts on this?
That would explain why he shoplifted a sandwich after he jumped bail in Texas, and also why he approached Jarecki about wanting to tell his side of the story after all these years.

FYI I don't know if this has been mentioned,but Dateline is doing a show on Durst tonight@ 8PM EST.

Thanks so much for that. I would have missed it. I'm very tired and am going to bed early, so I'm recording it. :thumb:

There was a scene in The Jinx when Andrew Jarecki was talking on the phone with the PI that the Durst family hired to "investigate" Kathie's disappearance. The investigator found out that the doorman never really saw Kathie come back to the apartment, as had been reported. Jarecki then asked the PI how the relationship with the Dursts ended (or something to that effect) and the PI said it was a mutual firing. And then Jarecki says words to the effect of, "I can understand why from reading your report." He never elaborated, though, on what that report says. Now I'm thinking that the PI most likely solved the mystery of Kathie's "disappearance" decades ago. The PI was also a former NYPD detective who knew and was well-liked by the NYPD detectives who were investigating the case. Hearing there was a link like that behind the scenes finally answered in my mind why Detective Struck seemed to be going out of his way to corrupt the investigation rather than conduct it. Look the other way much???

Also, I don't know if it's been discussed on here, but Morris Black knew the Dursts from years prior. Him and his brother had a construction company that worked for the Dursts. From what I read, it's believed that Morris Black helped RD dispose of Kathie's remains. Makes sense then that RD made a stop in Galveston right after "Beverley" Hills on his Dead Men Don't Speak tour.

Madame Reporter, Do you have a link to the story about the relationship between the Black brothers and the Durst family?

Yeah, I'd like one too. I'd never heard that before.

P

From all the reading over the years in the NY papers and from watching "The Jinx", I actually got the impression that they think it was Berman who may have helped with the disposal of Kathy. Berman was living in NY at that time. Can they prove Black was in NY or NJ at that time? He might have also helped.

I'll look, but now that I think about it, I believe it came from watching Vanity Fair Confidential.

I think Susan Berman should have a thread for her murder. We should study up before the trial starts. :websleuther:

I finally finished The Jinx series. :woot:

I rewound and watched the ending from where Jarecki started showing RD the letters about 3 times. Wow. Just wow!

Something else that stood out to me in one of the episodes, I think it may have been episode 5. RD is talking about how "if you live in Texas" that there is a lot more leeway when it comes to killing someone in your home. I can't remember his exact wording, but he was attempting to explain something about the self defense. I missed the point he was making because when he said it, the first thing I thought was, "Did he move to Texas so if he was ever accused of killing someone he could claim self defense?" I think I might look into other unexplained missing persons from that area.....

Also, it is evident that he has substantial ties to the underworld. How else is he able to buy large amounts of marijuana and get all these fake IDs? From people that are in that business would be my guess....:moo:

http://www.psmag.com/books-and-culture/interview-with-michael-arntfield

Criminologist and author Michael Arntfield talks with us about the past and future of true crime.

This past Sunday, HBO’s six-part documentary series The Jinx, which re-investigated the three murders that New York real estate millionaire Robert Durst had been suspected of, came to a dramatic conclusion. Without giving anything away—although it's well-known at this point—the show delivered an ending so unbelievable, so hauntingly picture perfect, that it would have surely been met with laughs and eye rolls had it been written into a work of fiction....

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mona Lisa
Back