TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

Still trying to find words................................trying to process....................

I have watched it - in entirety. Didn't see PA - his head is very clean shaven and I kept looking for him (kinda obvious to spot a shiny, bald head).

EVERY MAN in that hallway is struggling right now. (if they aren't - well then that should speak for itself). While I believe that a bunch of them should never do field work in LE EVER AGAIN (let them ride a desk) - this has to be decided on a case by case basis. I know that every commanding officer out there right now would not want a lot of those men on their teams for obvious reasons. While I (and a whole bunch of America) right now hope that PA does jail time - I'm just not sure how that is going to happen - not saying it won't - just not sure what they can charge.

It is excruciatingly painful, profoundly infuriating, and distressingly confusing to watch.

JMHO
Maybe dereliction of duty? IANAL, but that sounds appropriate if there is such a charge.

Honestly, all of those officers should be relieved of their weapons and badges and, yes, PA and any other commander on site who didn't step in, should be charged.

He seems very aggressive in his direction to LE. How and why was he instructing them? It appears he stood in the hallway with no protection acting like he was the man in charge. Maybe his heightened testosterone was driving his ego at the moment because there was no good reason for him to take over.
I believe that male (unarmed without a vest and blue gloves) was a medic.

Following the release of the 77-minute surveillance footage documenting the Uvalde Police Department’s response to the Robb Elementary massacre, many viewers singled out a cop who was looking at his phone as children and teachers were being murdered not 100 feet away.

Now, the officer has been identified as Ruben Ruiz, the husband of slain teacher Eva Mireles — the same teacher who texted her husband to let him know she’d been shot and was dying, according to KSAT.

I would be very interested to hear the actual radio transmissions between the dispatch center & the field units who responded to this incident. Also, the 911 calls. There is so much conflicting information out there right now. Active shooter & terrorist attacks are things law enforcement are supposed to train and prepare for, but I feel like until the incident is actually occurring in real time, no one knows what to do or expect. That’s where you’d hope their training kicks in and they have good leadership in charge to give orders. From different news articles that i read, it sounds like the school district pd Chief was confused and no one actually had established incident command. Also, he kept telling the 911 dispatcher via his cell phone that he didn’t have a radio and they only had small firearms and no rifles/long guns.. and not enough fire/manpower.. he also requested their SWAT/tactical unit.. so maybe waiting for all members or whatever they considered “enough” members of SWAT to get on scene is what caused the significant time lapse before forcing entry to take down the gunman? There is no excuse for the long time lapse, IMO, but just trying to wrap my head around it. This group of law enforcement didn’t seem prepared for such a high priority incident. Also to know they had Halligan on scene and still waited all of that time before forcing entry.

There’s also info circulating that room 111 was the only door that had a non-working lock- is this true? And if it is true, how did the gunman know to go directly from his entry point to rooms 111 & 112?

There’s also info circulating that room 111 was the only door that had a non-working lock- is this true? And if it is true, how did the gunman know to go directly from his entry point to rooms 111 & 112?
This classroom door lock was broken for 2 years (teacher said so).
The shooter questioned his little cousin about the school.
I bet he knew very well about it and also about the propped front door.

He was well prepared - after all it was his sick "special mission".

Why wasn't this door repaired?
Who is responsible???

Because a broken lock is against safety measures.

Oh, has the School Principal spoken yet??

PS
I'm getting angry again :( and I don't even live in the USA (but on another continent in fact).

Last edited:
"Newsy "Morning Rush" hosts Rob Nelson and Alex Livingston talk to Brian Higgins, a lecturer at New York's John Jay College of Criminal Justice, about video footage from the mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in Uvalde, Texas.

....So it appears as if this EMT just jumps in and takes some control so that he can direct people.

This needs to be an in-depth inquiry. I would begin with the top down. As I said, a big part of this is the command and control, which was completely vacant."

Last edited:
I would be very interested to hear the actual radio transmissions between the dispatch center & the field units who responded to this incident. Also, the 911 calls. There is so much conflicting information out there right now. Active shooter & terrorist attacks are things law enforcement are supposed to train and prepare for, but I feel like until the incident is actually occurring in real time, no one knows what to do or expect. That’s where you’d hope their training kicks in and they have good leadership in charge to give orders. From different news articles that i read, it sounds like the school district pd Chief was confused and no one actually had established incident command. Also, he kept telling the 911 dispatcher via his cell phone that he didn’t have a radio and they only had small firearms and no rifles/long guns.. and not enough fire/manpower.. he also requested their SWAT/tactical unit.. so maybe waiting for all members or whatever they considered “enough” members of SWAT to get on scene is what caused the significant time lapse before forcing entry to take down the gunman? There is no excuse for the long time lapse, IMO, but just trying to wrap my head around it. This group of law enforcement didn’t seem prepared for such a high priority incident. Also to know they had Halligan on scene and still waited all of that time before forcing entry.

Room 111 was the shooter's old classroom when he attended Robb. I believe that was his intended target from the get. Regardless of the lock being broken.

JMHO

Who is responsible???

PS
I'm getting angry again :( and I don't even live in the USA (but on another continent in fact).
I would say it is the Principal's responsibility primarily to make sure things like broken locks are fixed. She is in charge of the school. It just didn't seem to be a priority. We heard about how it was not uncommon for that outside door to be propped open. And I have seen this at my son's school as well, doors propped open for various reasons. Even though there is a policy against it. I know teachers may think "its no big deal, its only for a few minutes" etc etc. But the bottom line is all the safety procedures in the world wont do ANY good if they are not followed. And that means everyone has to buy in. If you see a door propped open, it is everyone's responsibility to immediately close it.

I should note that the propping of the door wasn't responsible for his entry however. It was pulled closed, but it did not lock as it should have.

I would say it is the Principal's responsibility primarily to make sure things like broken locks are fixed. She is in charge of the school. It just didn't seem to be a priority. We heard about how it was not uncommon for that outside door to be propped open. And I have seen this at my son's school as well, doors propped open for various reasons. Even though there is a policy against it. I know teachers may think "its no big deal, its only for a few minutes" etc etc. But the bottom line is all the safety procedures in the world wont do ANY good if they are not followed. And that means everyone has to buy in. If you see a door propped open, it is everyone's responsibility to immediately close it.
I know what you mean - I am a teacher after all.

I would say it is the Principal's responsibility primarily to make sure things like broken locks are fixed. She is in charge of the school. It just didn't seem to be a priority.

Generally speaking, it would be the responsibility of someone on the support staff to record incoming work requests, distribute them and track whether they have been done. This was one of my responsibilities at my last job before retiring...not a school, but a live theatre festival that took audience and employee safety seriously. My boss, the Facilities Director relied on me to do my job and remind the maintenance crew if a work request had been on the books too long. So, whomever the principal tasked with this job let this broken lock slide…tragically.

I should note that the propping of the door wasn't responsible for his entry however. It was pulled closed, but it did not lock as it should have.

I was a principal. It was my job to make sure what needed to be fixed was fixed. It was also my job to rant and bark if people propped doors open. School shootings were horrific before Sandy Hook but changed to be even more devastating in the aftermath of Sandy Hook. There is no reason that safety protocols and repairs are not done. Most BoE elected leaders would jump through any hoop to get monies if there was a safety issue that was identified. Schools have committees that look at physical plant and student/family threats on a regular basis. The lack of action regarding these locks is quite surprising. I think more will be revealed over time. And, I hope that the report is taken as an example of what not to do and identifies the failures of all that didn't do their job ---setting up such a bloody day.

Room 111 was the shooter's old classroom when he attended Robb. I believe that was his intended target from the get. Regardless of the lock being broken.

JMHO
Seems pretty ironic to me that his old classroom (from when he was in elementary school) was the only room in the school with a broken lock. It’s such a shame cuz I’m sure schools do drills now for active shooters and they couldn’t even lock the door to their classroom.

I was a principal. It was my job to make sure what needed to be fixed was fixed. It was also my job to rant and bark if people propped doors open. School shootings were horrific before Sandy Hook but changed to be even more devastating in the aftermath of Sandy Hook. There is no reason that safety protocols and repairs are not done. Most BoE elected leaders would jump through any hoop to get monies if there was a safety issue that was identified. Schools have committees that look at physical plant and student/family threats on a regular basis. The lack of action regarding these locks is quite surprising. I think more will be revealed over time. And, I hope that the report is taken as an example of what not to do and identifies the failures of all that didn't do their job ---setting up such a bloody day.
Do they do drills now in schools for active shooters?

Who is responsible???

PS
Lock was broken for 2 years and never fixed? Crazy. Sounds bad but who knows maybe this is a common thing in school districts or depending on the school district.. is there any info about the shooter’s cousin and where his classroom was at? Just when I think that I’ve read everything, I read something new. Such as the shooter had a cousin who went to this school.

Just when I think that I’ve read everything, I read something new. Such as the shooter had a cousin who went to this school.
Well, it was reported (the link is somewhere here, there are 3 threads of our discussions) that other family members lived with the grandparents apart from SR.

It was a "full house" it seems.

A little cousin attended Robb and the shooter was reported to chat and enquire about the school - I think it was Grandfather that said it.

Last edited:
Well, it was reported (the link is somewhere here, there are 3 threads of our discussions) that other family members lived with the grandparents apart from SR.

It was a "full house" it seems.

A little cousin attended Robb and the shooter was reported to chat and enquire about the school - I think it was Grandfather that said it.
Good to know!! Thank you. I’ll try to find the links

Thanks! I had seen that and wondered if he was the parent officer I had read about earlier. I just don't get it. How did all those good guys with guns fail to confront a lone gunman loose in an elementary school classroom full of children & teachers? I've even wondered if a female officer would have made a difference? Because I can't imagine, as a Mother, not trying to save kids if I was armed. I also can't imagine how these officers can live with themselves. This needs to be studied. The amounts we spend on LE and weaponry for LE yet they still fail to act as they, what, feel outgunned, even with that # of officers & guns & shields.
Just throwing this out there. It almost seems planned. Something is very wrong here….

Reactions: abr

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tici
Back