TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

Oh my.
"He took a job as assistant chief with the Webb County Sheriff’s Office in 2009, but was demoted to commander in 2014 because he “couldn’t get along with people,” Webb County Sheriff Martin Cuellar told the San Antonio Express-News.
'Basically, that’s what happened,” Cuellar told the local newspaper. “He was difficult to get along with — with his coworkers, especially upper staff."

I have no words...

This is what I have been working off of:

Questions of Police Duty
The motto, "To Protect and Serve," first coined by the Los Angeles Police Department in the 1950s, has been widely copied by police departments everywhere. But what, exactly, is a police officer's legal obligation to protect people? Must they risk their lives in dangerous situations like the one in Uvalde?

The answer is no.

In the 1981 case Warren v. District of Columbia, the D.C. Court of Appeals held that police have a general "public duty," but that "no specific legal duty exists" unless there is a special relationship between an officer and an individual, such as a person in custody.

The U.S. Supreme Court has also ruled that police have no specific obligation to protect. In its 1989 decision in DeShaney v. Winnebago County Department of Social Services, the justices ruled that a social services department had no duty to protect a young boy from his abusive father. In 2005'sCastle Rock v. Gonzales, a woman sued the police for failing to protect her from her husband after he violated a restraining order and abducted and killed their three children. Justices said the police had no such duty.

Most recently, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 11th Circuit upheld a lower court ruling that police could not be held liable for failing to protect students in the 2018 shooting that claimed 17 lives at Marjorie Stoneman Douglas High School in Parkland, Florida. From: Do the Police Have an Obligation to Protect You? - FindLaw

I believe it dates back to 9/11/2001 when Congress required every state to enact their own "School Safe Plan" that would also comply with certain federal guidelines.

Since the 2002 effective date, the only revision to WA State's statute or RCW 28A.320125-- Safe school plans—Requirements—Duties of school districts and schools—Drills—Rules—First responder agencies was the addition of a sentence to clarify that "school" also includes private schools, and where the final sentence of the Statute is now certain to disclaim responders of any liability.

(b) A first responder agency and its officers, agents, and employees are not liable for any act, or failure to act, under this subsection unless a first responder agency and its officers, agents, and employees acted with willful disregard.

If all would reference each respective State's Statute for your mandatory Safe School Plan, I'd be surprised to learn that on this date, your state is any different. MOO

September 2, 2022
Houston Texans surprise Uvalde football team with new gear
The Texans also plan to have a “Uvalde Strong” decal on their helmet during their home opener on September 11.
Photo via @mySA

Houston Texans surprise Uvalde football team with new gear​

Sep 2
@HoustonTexans
have bought new uniforms and equipment for the Uvalde High School football team this season. The kind gesture comes after Uvalde experienced the devastating mass shooting at Robb Elementary School in May.

mysanantonio.com
Houston Texans buy new uniforms for Uvalde football team
This comes after the devastating mass shooting

Zayon is right. He survived, but he will never be quite the same.

Millions of children are starting school today, and odds are, some will become part of the next school shooting statistic. It is inevitable. I wish it were preventable, but history tells me otherwise. All we can do is say a prayer for all of our kids.

jmo

I am impressed at the teachers able to go back to that same school.
They aren't. From the article:

Robb Elementary School will not reopen.

Instead, children who were first graders at Robb Elementary last year will start second grade at Dalton Elementary.

Second and third graders at Robb last year will go to the new Uvalde Elementary, located at an existing educational complex in town.

Many Robb Elementary teachers have relocated to Uvalde Elementary.

And some students have left the school district entirely.
Enrollment at Sacred Heart Catholic School in Uvalde began its new school year with double the enrollment of elementary-age students compared to last fall, its principal said. The new students include 30 from Robb Elementary who received scholarships to go to the private school.

"Five Uvalde officers who were on-site during school shooting that left 19 children and two teachers dead are now under investigation - while two more are suspended with pay."

"Five Uvalde officers who were on-site during school shooting that left 19 children and two teachers dead are now under investigation - while two more are suspended with pay."

well that is somewhat encouraging.

Indiana school district safety plan includes arming staff members

From the article:

“When you see a shooting like Uvalde, or you see a shooting like at the Greenwood Mall not too long ago, it makes you think about how you can improve,” Superintendent Todd Hitchcock said.

While some expressed some reservations about the program online, everyone who spoke to FOX59 today said they supported the plan.

“I think that it’s awesome. I think a lot of things probably wouldn’t happen if the staff could be armed,” parent Rachel Seymour said. “Whatever we can do to maybe prevent these things I’m all for it.”

“It’s also unclear if the school district knew of the investigation when she was hired.”

^What complete and utter nonsense. A police officer is hired by UCISD and they might not know about the investigation?

Why is it unclear to CNN?
Zero chance they did not know. She is ON camera.

The sh*tshow in Uvalde continues.

jmo

So this officer refused to engage the school shooter because they forgot their tactical body armor and rifle in their car.
But then adds “If my son had been in there, I would not have been outside. I promise you that.”

So is she blaming her own lack of equipment? Or is she blaming someone higher up who prevented her from engaging the shooter?

I can't tell if she's wearing tactical armor at her new job. I don't see a rifle with her currently. Is she truly ready for a "sudden exposure to armed persons"?

@ShimonPro

New information — As part of the background check, the school was informed by the Texas DPS as early as July 28 that Crimson Elizondo was under IG investigation.

@LeighWaldman
·

Crimson Elizondo has been fired by @Uvalde_CISD This brings into question the districts vetting process for all new UCISD police hires.

Attachments

• 854DC98F-40AE-481A-A908-15D7E3D2ED05.jpeg
    854DC98F-40AE-481A-A908-15D7E3D2ED05.jpeg
    174.7 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
So this officer refused to engage the school shooter because they forgot their tactical body armor and rifle in their car.
But then adds “If my son had been in there, I would not have been outside. I promise you that.”

So is she blaming her own lack of equipment? Or is she blaming someone higher up who prevented her from engaging the shooter?

I can't tell if she's wearing tactical armor at her new job. I don't see a rifle with her currently. Is she truly ready for a "sudden exposure to armed persons"?
What's more disturbing to me is the message she's sending. As if the life of HER son was more important than the life of any other child in danger. Imo

UPDATE AT 12:15 P.M. THURSDAY - Officials with Uvalde Consolidated Independent School District confirmed that they've fired former Texas Department of Public Safety officer Crimson Elizondo, who was recently hired as a Uvalde CISD police officer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jojo53
Back