TX - Uvalde; Robb Elementary, 19 children and 3 adults killed, shooter dead, 24 MAY 2022 #3

“I don’t owe allegiances to anyone.” “The gloves are off.” “You wanna cover it up, we’ll throw it out there.”
'I'm gonna be throwing people under the bus...'

Well, well, well...................

In have watched this hearing ALL DAY. These people are professional experts in their fields and are very concerned about the "response" to this incident and making sure it never happens again.

Col. McCraw was been working with A LOT of different agencies up to, and including the FBI. He even spoke about the FBI allowing them access to Quantico and how it helped to enhance both the audio from the radio/dispatch and the video from the body cams. At one point, they even analyzed the number of shots heard over the body cams - when the shooter first went in and fired off over 100 rounds immediately.

I certainly don't know who or how Mr. Mayor is going to "throw under the bus" or exactly what is "being covered up". But what I have seen is that there are a whole lot of people coming forward and speaking but PA has been no where to be found.

Recorded audio from dispatchers and body cams from the officers on scene don't lie - they are considered facts when reviewing evidence. In that screen shot of the timeline that someone posted above - McCraw explained the colors - the transcripts in blue were transcribe from body cams and I believe the green was transcribed from radio/dispatch audio. So...........................

I think Mr. Mayor is very worried about how "his" Uvalde city is going to fare through all this. I do know, from early on, he spoke very highly of PA and, it seemed, for lack of better words - they were buddies.

Plus, I do believe it was reported that it was the mayor that requested the DOJ review of the incident. Wonder if he is now re-thinking that request. You think this was bad today - wait until the feds get a hold of this........

JMHO

Last edited:
I am going to start working on my notes that I took when McCraw spoke. The hearing is still going - and they haven't broke for food at all - no lunch, no dinner. These people ain't playin'!

There were some things that are new and certainly things that we hadn't heard yet.

Ok -

NEW - SR attended Robb Elementary for his 4th grade year. In fact, he was killed in the same room that he was in back in 4th grade! Later on in testimony from one of the state agencies testifying was asked about his attendance - absences, truancy - that person (sorry didn't get name) said that SR became chronically absent starting in the 5th/6th grade and added that THAT period of time "something" was going on in his life or with him. I thought about his father (remembered that I heard he had been in jail) - all I could find about that was this:

Mr Ramos himself has a lengthy criminal record, which includes one conviction for causing bodily harm to a family member. He said he does not have good relations with his daughter, who is in the navy, as she was upset with him for not spending time with the family.

Thought that was interesting - couldn't tie this to a date/year but.....................still. Is that when something happened and he started his downward spiral and why he went back to the place in time...........................

McCraw also stated that SR's intended destination was Robb Elementary.

Interesting no?

JMHO

I am going to start working on my notes that I took when McCraw spoke. The hearing is still going - and they haven't broke for food at all - no lunch, no dinner. These people ain't playin'!
^^rsbm

Thanks, @Wise Old Owl for your commitment and time to listen and transcribe your recollections of the hearing. :)

You're very welcome seattle1. We don't call it web"sleuths" for nuffin'!!!!! :p

Next:

McCraw spoke briefly about the purchase of weapons and the money came from. He bought the magazines first - online back in Nov. 2021. He got the money from working fast-food (we all knew this) - no other evidence just that he worked and saved for quite a while and had set-up a JOINT bank account with his grandma.

THE DOORS:

The outside door - exterior door he entered - they we've talked so much about - it was UNLOCKED. Teacher who removed rock and closed it did not know it was unlocked. When they tested the lock - it worked fine. THERE WAS NO MALFUNCTION OF THE EXTERIOR DOOR LOCK!!!!

He was asked if he knew who initially unlocked that door - McCraw doesn't know who unlocked the door (betcha he does - just keepin' that under his hat). He also added that after interviews and such that "doors" (in general) were often left open. (Rut-ro - that's not good)

The classroom door (room 111) was unlocked. That is the door he went in. McCraw spoke a bit about how this door was malfunctioning (broken). The "strike plate" - the metal piece that is on the door frame with the little hole that plunger from the mechanism on the door fits into didn't hold the plunger when closed. He spoke about reviewing reports from the teacher concerning this door lock (we know that because that was the male teacher that was shot and in the hospital - he talked about how his door didn't lock and that he reported it). Evidently there were a couple of reports of this broken lock yet it had not been fixed.

The interior door that connected the two classrooms (111 & 112) was always kept unlocked. (That is how he went back and forth between the rooms)

The emergency evacuation maps in the rooms were wrong - which seems to have helped spread confusion. (I guess PA didn't know the school layout - yet even he attended school there way back <---------------when?) Teachers out there know what I'm talking about - there is an evacuation map posted in every room in the school - mine always had a "you are here" marker and the fastest evacuation route to take was marked in red. This is a requirement - period - no matter where. I taught in 2 states and it was the same - might be a federal thing?

Either way - the maps in the rooms were wrong. McCraw said the cardinal directions (N,S,E,W) weren't right and they were missing other information.

side note - hearing just wrapped!!!!!!! yea yea yea

JMHO

Then:

There was a lot about the radio reception. It seems that only the Border Patrol radios worked in the building. City PD, Sheriff's Deps, School officers did not work. He talked a lot about how they brought in equipment to test the signal strength and all that. But, cell phones worked (had signal) in the building. That's why PA used his cell to call PD dispatch. But if you look at the page of the timeline I posted above you'll see that at one point, PA calls dispatch from a landline. There was no clarification where he was or where the landline was that he was calling from.

About the cells. I thought this was odd. The lady Senator asked about it. She asked that did the cell phones originate from Mexico. Meaning they are so close to the border that if the cell works and has signal - that there are places where the signal is closer to a Mexico tower and thereby received in Mexico instead of the US. And, how that ain't good because Mexico is not going to be able to connect you to 911. I just thought that was interesting. I've never lived that close to the border so it never crossed my mind.

Mcraw was asked if toxicology report was back on SR yet. No - it will be another couple of weeks or so.

No one was injured from the shots SR did from outside - when he fired into those classrooms on the parking lot side.

McCraw was asked about what he found out about SR school file. And this was NEW:

Seems there was a previous teacher of SR that said SR was one of her students that SCARED her the most! He didn't elaborate on that. Just made that statement and kinda moved on. BUT, I CAUGHT THAT. Yet another red flag. He didn't say what year this teacher had him - didn't follow up just made that statement and moved on.

JMHO

Last edited:
I am so angry at PA. I am so heartbroken for these kids and their families.

As a therapist, I can’t imagine the trauma impact that is happening and to know that a sooner response from police could’ve saved lives.

I’ve had so many parents call since this incident saying I’m so worried that my kid could be the next Texas. It breaks my heart

Then:

There was a lot about the radio reception. It seems that only the Border Patrol radios worked in the building. City PD, Sheriff's Deps, School officers did not work. He talked a lot about how they brought in equipment to test the signal strength and all that. But, cell phones worked (had signal) in the building. That's why PA used his cell to call PD dispatch. But if you look at the page of the timeline I posted above you'll see that at one point, PA calls dispatch from a landline. There was no clarification where he was or where the landline was that he was calling from.

About the cells. I thought this was odd. The lady Senator asked about it. She asked that did the cell phones originate from Mexico. Meaning they are so close to the border that if the cell works and has signal - that there are places where the signal is closer to a Mexico tower and thereby received in Mexico instead of the US. And, how that ain't good because Mexico is not going to be able to connect you to 911. I just thought that was interesting. I've never lived that close to the border so it never crossed my mind.

Mcraw was asked if toxicology report was back on SR yet. No - it will be another couple of weeks or so.

No one was injured from the shots SR did from outside - when he fired into those classrooms on the parking lot side.

McCraw was asked about what he found out about SR school file. And

Seems there was a previous teacher of SR that said SR was one of her students that SCARED her the most! He didn't elaborate on that. Just made that statement and kinda moved on. BUT, I CAUGHT THAT. Yet another red flag. He didn't say what year this teacher had him - didn't follow up just made that statement and moved on.

JMHO

They are not within cell range to Mexico! And why would they have phones from Mexico?

Once you are in Mexico you can't access our towers, except right on the border. Uvalde is 50 miles away.

I'm pretty sure I know who said that....

Cells have bad receptions in certain buildings. Many of them are in NYC.

Last edited:
They are not within cell range to Mexico! And why would they have phones from Mexico?

Once you are in Mexico you can't access our towers, except right in the border. Uvalde is 50 miles away.

This kind of self-serving agenda stuff really fires me up!

McCraw went through the timeline next. They have this timeline down to the second. I just picked things up that I hadn't seen or heard.

11:33 SR entered the building through the unlocked exterior door. He proceeded forward then turned right and walked to room 111

11:35 - A hooligan tool arrives. Yes, they called it a hooligan. We all, well me - I know this as a halligan - we've talked about using a halligan on the door. Seems one was there within the first 10 minutes. I guess in Texas they call it a hooligan. Hooligan / halligan - tamtoe / tahmatow (teehee) Strange though - to use a halligan (or to "set" a halligan) you need a sledgehammer. Anyone that has seen Chicago Fire knows this - you have to use the sledgehammer to set the halligan into the door jam to pull it. The sledgehammer arrived at 11:47

11:36 - WITHIN 3 MINUTES - there were 9 LE in the hallway with rifles (this is the still picture we got last night) If you read that page of the timeline that sds71 posted and I copied above you can go through this. That is only one page and this timeline he gave out was like 5-6 pages!!!!

11:38 - WITHIN 5 MINUTES - PA was in the hallway sans radio. He told dispatch (I think - he told someone) that they "had HIM contained in an office". Yep - an office. There was a lot of talk about this. It was so obvious a classroom, yet PA is saying the shooter is contained in an office. This begins the confusion with outside LE responding. There are just hearing this - so they think "office" not CLASSROOM.

There is "chatter" from body cam between officers that were in the hallway about children being in there and how they "should go in there".

11:52 - The first ballistic shield arrives in the hallway. Again, this is the picture from last night. There were shots fired AFTER that shield was in the hallway. There ended up being 4 - yes FOUR ballistic shields in that hallway for awhile - all waiting for keys - which I will get to.

From the body cam transcription (don't have the exact time). PA is asked about casualties and he says "we've lost two but we have to put that to the side." THAT was stunning and all of the senators were just kinda shaking their heads. There was a little discussion about that statement but I think by then they were just so "overwhelmed" with the incompetency being exhibited they were at a loss for words.

This was when I posted on here about that older white hair senator that just got so mad - he was almost shaking.

He made that statement about how PA needs to come to the Senate and answer their questions. He told McCraw that he was angry (and he was!!!) He said that just reading this transcribed account from the body cams and audio available made him very angry.

And then there was this:

McCraw replied to him: "Well, you're gonna be even more mad when you actually see the video"!!!!!!!! :eek:

Senator: "THIS WAS AN ABSOLUTE FAILURE OF COMMAND!!!!!! Mr. Mcraw do you agree?

McCraw: "Yes, i completely agree"

I watched that senator after this. He got up and gave his seat to another senator that had some questions. He went over to the side of the room and he was just pacing back and forth - he was "seething". You could tell. He ended up leaving for a while (have to wonder where he went, what he did, who did he call?????) But he came back later and was fine again.

****Yea yea yea almost done. One more post should do it****

JMHO

Once you are in Mexico you can't access our towers, except right on the border. Uvalde is 50 miles away.

Cells have bad receptions in certain buildings. Many of them are in NYC.
Yea, I thought that was weird since we know the kids were using cells from the classroom. But maybe she didn't realize how far (or close) Uvalde is to the border. She just said that it had happened to her before near the border.

JMHO

Can someone clarify for me please?

Did PA lie when he said he tried multiple keys to open the classroom door? Was that just a made up story? The door wasn’t even locked at all?

Is the mayor of Uvalde accusing the DPS of lying about his statements he made today about the events of that day?

TIA

Yea, I thought that was weird since we know the kids were using cells from the classroom. But maybe she didn't realize how far (or close) Uvalde is to the border. She just said that it had happened to her before near the border.

JMHO

She lives 40 miles north of San Antonio in New Braunfels. She knows exactly where Uvalde is.
She likes to say stuff like that.

The other senator lives on the border in Laredo.

KEYS: (the search for and the need for)

Yes, PA is on the timeline talking about keys. Trying keys. He tried keys in OTHER DOORS to see if they worked. HE NEVER TRIED THE DOOR TO ROOM 111

IT WAS OPEN! IT NEVER LOCKED!!! ALL THAT TIME IN THE HALLWAY - WAITING FOR THIS - WAITING FOR THAT - THE DOOR WAS OPEN THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!!!!

That was when I posted on here about the SWAT officer whose wife died. She had called him and told him they had an active shooter and that she had been shot. He immediately went to the school and ran into that hallway. He told PA that his wife was in there and that she had been shot. He was going to go in - h3ll or high water.

PA had LE take his gun and removed him from the scene!!!!!!!!!!!! (She later died in the ambulance).

McCraw was asked about the BORTAC agent that killed SR - but gave absolutely no information. He just said - they went in and took him out. There was no discussion about the how or where SR was when they breached and I got no clarity about that little boy that said LE called out for survivors - that I talked about last night.

McCraw was asked if they had interviewed grandma yet. She lost her jaw! I remember hearing that she would never talk again - but McCraw said she wasn't talking yet - but that she had lost her jaw. He also said that she had agreed to be interviewed at a later date and only as long as HER DAUGHTER is there with her. So......mommy dearest wants to know what grandma is going to say. He also said that she has lost her job.

McCraw was asked if he had found any evidence of SR preparing (equipment-wise) for this. He said that SR had requested someone take him to a shooting range - but that never happened and he didn't clarify who he had asked (probably someone they have interviewed). He also said there was no evidence of him "practicing". That came up from the timeline where, in the beginning right after he entered the room, he fired over 100 rounds within like 2-3 minutes. The magazines he had were 30 round capacity - so he had to reload 4 times. They are just clips - but that's what brought up the questioning about him "practicing".

THIS IS NEW:

They went back to talking about the doors. Remember we talked about those "magnetic" strips. One teacher on here said she used them when she subbed - they gave her a magnetic strip instead of a key. They go over the strike plate so the door closes but doesn't lock. Well, it seems - per McCraw - they found multiple magnetic strips IN PLACE within the doors of the school. !!!!!!!!!!! That came up with a question about how seconds make a big difference. And just keeping doors locked.......................

McCraw was asked about total response

361 officers in total were on the scene
the majority of them were federal agents
91 - DPS (department of public safety)
30 Special agents - they were mostly deployed outside - evacuating the other rooms

There was discussion about command and why all those officers didn't override PA because the response was so ridiculous. The last senator that spoke with McCraw - asked him if he (McCraw) did not say to him (this senator) on the phone - THAT DPS WILL NEVER STAND DOWN TO ANOTHER AGENCY AGAIN!

That's why Mr Mayor is so mad. All that response - they followed command protocol. PA was giving commands, requesting assets/resources, directing officers - HE WAS IN COMMAND - regardless of whether he thinks he was or not. He is done. These Senators today - they are not going to take this lying down.

There just was a quick mention of a Grand Jury at the end of McCraw's testimony. Although McCraw did say that the State Attorney has not yet convened a Grand Jury.

That was the end of McCraw's testimony.

JMHO

Last edited:
Can someone clarify for me please?

Did PA lie when he said he tried multiple keys to open the classroom door? Was that just a made up story? The door wasn’t even locked at all?

Is the mayor of Uvalde accusing the DPS of lying about his statements he made today about the events of that day?

TIA
^^bbm

While PA alleged in his statement to MSM that he was trying all the keys (7 + 30) unsuccessfully, praying with every key, it's also been alleged that the keys were not being tried on the subject classroom doors 111 or 112.

Was PA trying doors in another corridor? This might be on body cam or surveillance. It's still unclear to me.

More importantly, if the subject doors were truly unlocked, PA would never have needed a key to breach the two classrooms, right?

Or, are we to believe the shooter locked the doors, and therefore door keys were necessary for classrooms 111 & 112?

ETA:
My understanding is there are 7 keys total (per the custodian) necessary to access the rooms on the entire campus. It was reported PA had a set of these 7 keys in addition to a ring with about 30 more keys.

KEYS: (the search for and the need for)

Yes, PA is on the timeline talking about keys. Trying keys. He tried keys in OTHER DOORS to see if they worked. HE NEVER TRIED THE DOOR TO ROOM 111

IT WAS OPEN! IT NEVER LOCKED!!! ALL THAT TIME IN THE HALLWAY - WAITING FOR THIS - WAITING FOR THAT - THE DOOR WAS OPEN THE ENTIRE TIME!!!!!!!

That was when I posted on here about the SWAT officer whose wife died. She had called him and told him they had an active shooter and that she had been shot. He immediately went to the school and ran into that hallway. He told PA that his wife was in there and that she had been shot. He was going to go in - h3ll or high water.

PA had LE take his gun and removed him from the scene!!!!!!!!!!!! (She later died in the ambulance).

McCraw was asked about the BORTAC agent that killed SR - but gave absolutely no information. He just said - they went in and took him out. There was no discussion about the how or where SR was when they breached and I got no clarity about that little boy that said LE called out for survivors - that I talked about last night.

McCraw was asked if they had interviewed grandma yet. She lost her jaw! I remember hearing that she would never talk again - but McCraw said she wasn't talking yet - but that she had lost her jaw. He also said that she had agreed to be interviewed at a later date and only as long as HER DAUGHTER is there with her. So......mommy dearest wants to know what grandma is going to say. He also said that she has lost her job.

McCraw was asked if he had found any evidence of SR preparing (equipment-wise) for this. He said that SR had requested someone take him to a shooting range - but that never happened and he didn't clarify who he had asked (probably someone they have interviewed). He also said there was no evidence of him "practicing". That came up from the timeline where, in the beginning right after he entered the room, he fired over 100 rounds within like 2-3 minutes. The magazines he had were 30 round capacity - so he had to reload 4 times. They are just clips - but that's what brought up the questioning about him "practicing".

THIS IS NEW:

They went back to talking about the doors. Remember we talked about those "magnetic" strips. One teacher on here said she used them when she subbed - they gave her a magnetic strip instead of a key. They go over the strike plate so the door closes but doesn't lock. Well, it seems - per McCraw - they found multiple magnetic strips IN PLACE within the doors of the school. !!!!!!!!!!! That came up with a question about how seconds make a big difference. And just keeping doors locked.......................

McCraw was asked about total response

361 officers in total were on the scene
the majority of them were federal agents
91 - DPS (department of public safety)
30 Special agents - they were mostly deployed outside - evacuating the other rooms

There was discussion about command and why all those officers didn't override PA because the response was so ridiculous. The last senator that spoke with McCraw - asked him if he (McCraw) did not say to him (this senator) on the phone - THAT DPS WILL NEVER STAND DOWN TO ANOTHER AGENCY AGAIN!

That's why Mr Mayor is so mad. All that response - they followed command protocol. PA was giving commands, requesting assets/resources, directing officers - HE WAS IN COMMAND - regardless of whether he thinks he was or not. He is done. These Senators today - they are not going to take this lying down.

There just was a quick mention of a Grand Jury at the end of McCraw's testimony. Although McCraw did say that the State Attorney has not yet convened a Grand Jury.

That was the end of McCraw's testimony.

JMHO
Thanks so much.

^^bbm

While PA alleged in his statement to MSM that he was trying all the keys (7 + 30) unsuccessfully, praying with every key, it's also been alleged that the keys were not being tried on the subject classroom doors 111 or 112.

Was PA trying doors in another corridor? This might be on body cam or surveillance. It's still unclear to me.

More importantly, if the subject doors were truly unlocked, PA would never have needed a key to breach the two classrooms, right?

Or, are we to believe the shooter locked the doors, and therefore door keys were necessary for classrooms 111 & 112?

ETA:
My understanding is there are 7 keys total (per the custodian) necessary to access the rooms on the entire campus. It was reported PA had a set of these 7 keys in addition to a ring with about 30 more keys.
Thank you so much! I had assumed he meant he was trying keys to room 111, then hearing the door wasn’t locked I thought surely he didn’t just make it up!

^^bbm

Or, are we to believe the shooter locked the doors,
and therefore door keys were necessary for classrooms 111 & 112?

ETA:
My understanding is there are 7 keys total (per the custodian) necessary to access the rooms on the entire campus. It was reported PA had a set of these 7 keys in addition to a ring with about 30 more keys. ^^bbm

Appending to my message after watching the CBS Evening News and comments by DPS Director McCraw:

1) The classroom doors to rooms 111 & 112 were unlocked, allowing the shooter to enter freely.

2) The classroom doors can only be locked with a key from the outside.

3) The shooter reportedly tried to lock the classroom doors but would have been unable to do so without the classroom door keys. (seems he fumbled with the doors from the interior).

4) McCaw asked, "Did anybody try the doors?" All the time spent with the keys was a waste of time as the doors were never locked.

5) The exterior building doors worked fine. The door was also unlocked and it's unknown who unlocked the door that the shooter entered through. (It sounded to me like it was not even necessary to prop the door open with a rock).

"Three minutes after the subject entered the west building, there was sufficient number of armed officers wearing body armor to violate, distract, and neutralize the subject," McCraw said.

Instead, McCraw told Senators that it took one hour, 14 minutes, and eight seconds for law enforcement officers, who were waiting in a hallway, to confront the shooter.

Last edited:
Is PA on administrative leave or is he still "working"?

I read he stays at home (hiding??) and that Police from other towns protect him.
It is so confusing.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crybaby6
Back