TX - Veterinarian under investigation for killing cat with arrow.

Shooting a cat through the head with an arrow and posting a picture has nothing to do with the practice of veterinary medicine? I think that pretty much says all I need to know about this attorney and his own practice.

I know I keep repeating myself but I hope they are combing the files of her animal patients. The death of this cat was sadistic-it doesnt matter where you live or what you believe. The fact that she was a vet makes it even more egregious.

Has she surfaced anywhere yet?

I don't get quite the same sense from the VIN article. Instead I see the writer note that the profession is solidly calling for the revocation of her license and criminal charges. The writer, who is a pastor/counsellor, asks if Lindsey's crime is redeemable, but the writer doesn't answer the question.

I don't get quite the same sense from the VIN article. Instead I see the writer note that the profession is solidly calling for the revocation of her license and criminal charges. The writer, who is a pastor/counsellor, asks if Lindsey's crime is redeemable, but the writer doesn't answer the question.
Well, here's an eloquent and diplomatic response to the VIN article:

http://just-me-and-my-laptop.blogspot.com/2015/05/a-response-to-dr-gaspar.html

It's a long but beautiful read. RIP Tiger.

My 1st reaction to the sheriff's announcement on Tuesday was one of joyful surprise. But then a nagging "Hmmm" feeling took over.

The service was all a little too fast, especially since the sheriff gave an impression of a lengthy investigation just days earlier. I've also read that Kristen wasn't interviewed after all. Lets hope the DA was given something substantial to work with, and we don't hear a baloney excuse such as "nothing can actually be proven".

Well dang, the baloney was sliced and served on rye. Read it and weep:

Former Brenham Veterinarian Will Not Face Charges in Cats Death

How pathetic is that?! No charges.

Well let's hope that the Texas Veterinary Licensing College isn't so willing to brush it off.

There are different kinds of hunters, you have the Ted Nugent type, poachers, the disrespectful hunter who post pictures of "look what I just killed", and then you have those that are more respectful/reverent in their hunting. I couldn't be a hunter, but nevermind that. To suggest all hunters are alike or that all deer hunting is to thin the herd for good reasons is ill-informed. Many times deer are 'fed' (typically leaving filed of corn for them) which increases the herd for hunting. Otherwise in bad years, the does do not have the layer of fat necessary to bear young. It's natural birth control although I am not suggesting they should starve at all, just that we do not need to feed them and grow populations then complain they are overrunning thing so hunters can then kill more of them. Same with ducks, e.g., Duck Unlimited efforts.

I don't think it is disrespectful to show the animal they have killed legally during hunting season any more than I think it is disrespectful for anyone to put up photos of fish they have caught.

I respectfully disagree. If you read any DNR website they clearly explain why the deer population must be hunted each year and if not, many of the deer becomes diseased, starving, and will leave their environment looking for food due to overpopulation. Its just a fact.

But you are right, not all hunters are the same but whether they are or not the deer population must be culled every year or it leads to diseases/deaths that can infect an entire herd of deer and it causes them to leave their natural habitat looking for food which causes many vehicle wrecks yearly and some result in fatalities of humans and the deer.

I don't like trophy hunters but even trophy hunters are known to give the deer meat away to a homeless shelter or someone in need of meat. My husband would rather shoot a healthy medium size doe since the meat is much better meat than a big trophy buck. In Georgia when a deer is struck by a vehicle the Georgia State Patrol calls homeless shelters in the area and they come pick the deer up right away to be processed.

The ones I really cant stand are the ones who breaks the law and deer hunts at night or out of season or poaches on someone else's land and that has happened down at my father-in-laws farm before and they had no right to even be on his private property much less coming there with a loaded weapon. My father-in-law called the police and the man was arrested. He didn't have a hunting license either and got heavily fined for that plus they took his rifle since he was hunting illegally.

I don't know anyone that hunts on baited fields. I do know there is plenty of farm land which does leave behind corn because all of the corn isn't completely gotten up by the combine when gathering the crop and a deer may come along later on and find it when they are looking for food. There are years the DNR will let people put out deer corn if they are having a severe problem with overpopulation. Its always a balancing act decided on year by year according to the population and the conditions deer are in for that year. We still don't use deer corn though even when a hunter can and we have no problem getting enough deer meat to last through the year.

My family and my husband's family have always been deer hunters and bird (Dove-Quail) hunters. None of us have ever been trophy hunters which I despise. We eat the deer and the birds. That is the only reason why we hunt. Deer meat is recommended by the American Heart Association. It is one of the healthiest meats one can consume because it has very little fat content and it isn't filled with any added hormones or other toxins like processed beef is in the supermarkets.

The DNR here regularly checks the health conditions of deer and the ages. They go out and use tranquilizer guns to sedate the deer and do all sorts of medical testing on them. Usually the ones which have become sickly are the ones deprived of food due to an overpopulation in their area. That is why at times the DNR will up the amount of does that can be killed per year.

But I think the majority of hunters do hunt to eat the food they kill which is way more humane to the animal than what is done to them in slaughterhouses and that is where the majority of people get their food from at the grocery store.

We live on rural land and the back two acres of our land is heavily wooded. We have feral cats that roam our woods. We buy 40 pounds of cat food a week and put it out for them to eat because we don't believe in letting any animal starve. If we can get close enough to entice them to come up to us we take that particular cat to the Vet to be spayed or neutered. We have done this for many years now. The population is not increasing. It always seems to be the same 9-10 cats who come up to feed each day twice a day. We also have two little raccoons this year that are also coming to eat the food we leave out. :)

This is why this case is so heartbreaking to me. No one has a right to shoot a cat with a bow and arrow or a gun. I don't understand why she wasn't charged with anything. If she wasn't charged I doubt they will take her license away either which they certainly should but I have a feeling they wont.:(

They claim there is not enough evidence to charge her.
Obviously they didn't find the body (doesn't appear they even looked for it).
Also, her facebook account was deleted and they use that as one of the excuses to not charge her.
I guess they never figured out they could find out exactly where she posted that photo from and when. At least in other criminal investigations, just because account is deleted, doesn't mean you can't figure out what was in the account before it was deleted.
Then DA talks something about rabid animals. What does that have to do with a price of tea in China?
Do they really think she would be holding the cat like that if she believed for a second that cat was rabid?
Again, excuses, excuses and more excuses.
I don't think they cared one bit because it's just a cat.

I don't think it is disrespectful to show the animal they have killed legally during hunting season any more than I think it is disrespectful for anyone to put up photos of fish they have caught.

I respectfully disagree. If you read any DNR website they clearly explain why the deer population must be hunted each year and if not, many of the deer becomes diseased, starving, and will leave their environment looking for food due to overpopulation. Its just a fact.

But you are right, not all hunters are the same but whether they are or not the deer population must be culled every year or it leads to diseases/deaths that can infect an entire herd of deer and it causes them to leave their natural habitat looking for food which causes many vehicle wrecks yearly and some result in fatalities of humans and the deer.

I don't like trophy hunters but even trophy hunters are known to give the deer meat away to a homeless shelter or someone in need of meat. My husband would rather shoot a healthy medium size doe since the meat is much better meat than a big trophy buck. In Georgia when a deer is struck by a vehicle the Georgia State Patrol calls homeless shelters in the area and they come pick the deer up right away to be processed.

The ones I really cant stand are the ones who breaks the law and deer hunts at night or out of season or poaches on someone else's land and that has happened down at my father-in-laws farm before and they had no right to even be on his private property much less coming there with a loaded weapon. My father-in-law called the police and the man was arrested. He didn't have a hunting license either and got heavily fined for that plus they took his rifle since he was hunting illegally.

I don't know anyone that hunts on baited fields. I do know there is plenty of farm land which does leave behind corn because all of the corn isn't completely gotten up by the combine when gathering the crop and a deer may come along later on and find it when they are looking for food. There are years the DNR will let people put out deer corn if they are having a severe problem with overpopulation. Its always a balancing act decided on year by year according to the population and the conditions deer are in for that year. We still don't use deer corn though even when a hunter can and we have no problem getting enough deer meat to last through the year.

My family and my husband's family have always been deer hunters and bird (Dove-Quail) hunters. None of us have ever been trophy hunters which I despise. We eat the deer and the birds. That is the only reason why we hunt. Deer meat is recommended by the American Heart Association. It is one of the healthiest meats one can consume because it has very little fat content and it isn't filled with any added hormones or other toxins like processed beef is in the supermarkets.

The DNR here regularly checks the health conditions of deer and the ages. They go out and use tranquilizer guns to sedate the deer and do all sorts of medical testing on them. Usually the ones which have become sickly are the ones deprived of food due to an overpopulation in their area. That is why at times the DNR will up the amount of does that can be killed per year.

But I think the majority of hunters do hunt to eat the food they kill which is way more humane to the animal than what is done to them in slaughterhouses and that is where the majority of people get their food from at the grocery store.

We live on rural land and the back two acres of our land is heavily wooded. We have feral cats that roam our woods. We buy 40 pounds of cat food a week and put it out for them to eat because we don't believe in letting any animal starve. If we can get close enough to entice them to come up to us we take that particular cat to the Vet to be spayed or neutered. We have done this for many years now. The population is not increasing. It always seems to be the same 9-10 cats who come up to feed each day twice a day. We also have two little raccoons this year that are also coming to eat the food we leave out. :)

This is why this case is so heartbreaking to me. No one has a right to shoot a cat with a bow and arrow or a gun. I don't understand why she wasn't charged with anything. If she wasn't charged I doubt they will take her license away either which they certainly should but I have a feeling they wont.:(

Thank you..... Thank you... Thank you

People like you are on of the reasons I do my job (veterinary nurse) people such as yourself however are few and far between... Which I think is what makes your kind really special :)

I really envy America and their WONDERFUL trap, neuter, release programs with feral/stray colonies that are popping up... Hopefully soon (next few months) my state will pass similar legal reforms

And I love the eloquent way you described "real" hunting, I grew up rural and my daddy hunted rabbits, kangaroo and wild ducks we ate everything that he hunted and what couldn't be eaten by our family was either frozen or given to neighbours/friends etc.

I don't understand trophy hunting, it seems pointless and disrespectful to the animal to me... But each to their own!!

Thank you..... Thank you... Thank you

People like you are on of the reasons I do my job (veterinary nurse) people such as yourself however are few and far between... Which I think is what makes your kind really special :)

I really envy America and their WONDERFUL trap, neuter, release programs with feral/stray colonies that are popping up... Hopefully soon (next few months) my state will pass similar legal reforms

And I love the eloquent way you described "real" hunting, I grew up rural and my daddy hunted rabbits, kangaroo and wild ducks we ate everything that he hunted and what couldn't be eaten by our family was either frozen or given to neighbours/friends etc.

I don't understand trophy hunting, it seems pointless and disrespectful to the animal to me
... But each to their own!!

I do not hunt animals, but I can understand respectful hunting. However, I have never understood the trophy hunting either or the mentality/reasoning behind it. Just my opinion but this vet strikes me as a trophy hunter. I wonder what message this vet thinks she was posting to the world of such a callous and vile picture of an dead innocent cat. Just because TX justice system hasn't charged her doesn't mean that God won't judge her actions or her heart.

Rest in Peace kitty Tiger, such a light in a world of dark. Jmo/

I do not hunt animals, but I can understand respectful hunting. However, I have never understood the trophy hunting either or the mentality/reasoning behind it. Just my opinion but this vet strikes me as a trophy hunter. I wonder what message this vet thinks she was posting to the world of such a callous and vile picture of an dead innocent cat. Just because TX justice system hasn't charged her doesn't mean that God won't judge her actions or her heart.

Rest in Peace kitty Tiger, such a light in a world of dark. Jmo/

I loved the way you eloquently described it... I wasn't thanking you for being a respectful hunter :) I just read my message back...

I was thanking you for being a kickass person, feeding strays and catching and neutering what you can... Just amazing :)

What I wonder is how every day she could treat and help animals and then do something so evil and torturous to something she swears to protect and help.

cos in my head, although I'm not as bound as a veterinarian, I internally swore an oath to myself to ALWAYS put my patients first, pride for my patient is something I strive for with every case, the best outcome is what I'm wishing for with EVERY animal that walks through the door and yes death I do face at work and it isn't easy and I hate hate hate it, but sometimes letting an animal go with dignity is what is needed...

A good Veterinarian would not do what this poor excuse for a human has done. I have seen and will continue to see grown men cry when they can't do anymore, nurses huddled on the floor giving dogs everything they aren't allowed to eat as they get put to sleep, and a whole workplace in tears when everything we have done hasn't worked, and the realisation has sunk in there's nothing more we can possibly do.. I guess maybe I'm lucky that the vets I work with and my fellow nurses bleed and breathe animals..

I still hope she loses her licence

Oops sorry!! RANT OVeR :) :) :)

Lindsey had two attorneys working on her behalf, her own attorney AND the DA! Here's a good blog about this travesty of justice:

Response to DA Koehn's Press Release

That's what I have been saying. If somebody took a photo with a dead child, and posted it on facebook, would DA then say, account is deleted, nothing we can do. Not likely.
But it's just a cat, so who cares?

I loved the way you eloquently described it... I wasn't thanking you for being a respectful hunter :) I just read my message back...

I was thanking you for being a kickass person, feeding strays and catching and neutering what you can... Just amazing :)

What I wonder is how every day she could treat and help animals and then do something so evil and torturous to something she swears to protect and help.

cos in my head, although I'm not as bound as a veterinarian, I internally swore an oath to myself to ALWAYS put my patients first, pride for my patient is something I strive for with every case, the best outcome is what I'm wishing for with EVERY animal that walks through the door and yes death I do face at work and it isn't easy and I hate hate hate it, but sometimes letting an animal go with dignity is what is needed...

A good Veterinarian would not do what this poor excuse for a human has done. I have seen and will continue to see grown men cry when they can't do anymore, nurses huddled on the floor giving dogs everything they aren't allowed to eat as they get put to sleep, and a whole workplace in tears when everything we have done hasn't worked, and the realisation has sunk in there's nothing more we can possibly do.. I guess maybe I'm lucky that the vets I work with and my fellow nurses bleed and breathe animals..

I still hope she loses her licence

Oops sorry!! RANT OVeR :) :) :)

ceecee, I think you meant to thank Oceanblueeyes for such her awesome post and for being animal caretaker; and I second thanks OBE! fyi I TNR and feed two stray kitties too, and love animals, but didn't want to take credit for OBE... :blushing: Thank you for having the compassion and care that it takes to go into veterinary medicine/any medical profession. I can only speak for myself, but it is absolutely essential for me to trust my vet or anyone who cares for my pets/animals. Thanks for your commitment, I am sure it all of patients/caretakers appreciate the good work you do and at times it must be difficult too. Jmo/

That's what I have been saying. If somebody took a photo with a dead child, and posted it on facebook, would DA then say, account is deleted, nothing we can do. Not likely.
But it's just a cat, so who cares?
Exactly. I have a hard time believing that Facebook wouldn't have at least a short-term backup of Lindsey's account. I think the DA did an intentionally half-baked job. Two months of yada yada.. but no evidence. Why does this remind me of that lame judge in the Pistorious case?!

She's certainly a pox on the profession. :shame:

I can't even imagine how she would be able to maintain a veterinary practice after this. Who in their right mind would take animals they loved to this woman? Not to mention, leave them in her care for surgery/procedures.

I can't even imagine how she would be able to maintain a veterinary practice after this. Who in their right mind would take animals they loved to this woman? Not to mention, leave them in her care for surgery/procedures.

Not sure how true this is, but I've heard through the Facebook grapevine that Kristen Lindsey is now working as a veterinarian at a livestock auction barn in Texas.

You know, being a "city slicker" as many of us are, I usually picture vets working at clinics, like the one that fired Kristen. However, in rural areas there are also low-profile jobs for veterinarians. Some folks mentioned that she could easily slip through the cracks and find employment.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fesmike
Back