Identified! TX - Williamson Co., 'Orange Socks' WhtFem 33UFTX, 15-30, off I-35, Oct'79 - Debra Jackson

Those that shop on Amazon; you can select DNA Doe Project as a charity to donate your shopping trip proceeds to, you just have to shop thru the Amazon Smiles website. I believe they're going to post about it. I told Colleen 3 months ago about it so they've missed 3 months of donations. With holiday shopping starting, I'm hoping it can make a difference to a few Doe cases!

I really hope they post about it soon, it could make SUCH a difference for them!

Remember guys, it's smile.amazon.com you can bookmark it to remind yourself :)

Great idea! I'll be doing a lot of holiday shopping through Amazon and I'm going to do this for sure. Have you post this on every thread that DDP is being discussed? I'm happy to help with getting the word out too. I want them to have enough money to take on every case they possibly can.

No, I only posted on a few threads. Haven't had a chance. Feel free to quote my post and spread it.

According to her Doe network file there are fingerprints available. I guess they tried that angle and didn't find anything in the/a system.
It was believed she was a prostitute so I wondered if the criminal records in Oklahoma would have the fingerprints from that long ago. Maybe she had been arrested up there and thought she would come to Texas to hide. Now it would be easy to compare if they are in scanned into the database.

According to her Doe network file there are fingerprints available. I guess they tried that angle and didn't find anything in the/a system.

It would be interesting to know WHEN Orange Socks' fingerprints were last run. When Carolyn Roehlig was found in the Allegheny River in 2003, her prints were run with negative results. In 2016, with new technology, they were able to ID her with those fingerprints.

Unfortunately millions of old fingerprint cards have never been coded and entered. It's a massive undertaking.
I wonder if anyone would even be able to look at those arrests. So long ago they might not exist anymore and it might be a needle in a haystack problem. I think the best place to start would be the place from the matchbook. Look at mugshots for similarities then narrow it down.

I wonder if anyone would even be able to look at those arrests. So long ago they might not exist anymore and it might be a needle in a haystack problem. I think the best place to start would be the place from the matchbook. Look at mugshots for similarities then narrow it down.

And records were destroyed--I remember reading that the Mississippi/Ohio river floods of the eighties destroyed half the small courthouses in the flood area, including birth, death, fingerprint records, property records, everything, some of them going back to 1800.

It would be interesting to know WHEN Orange Socks' fingerprints were last run. When Carolyn Roehlig was found in the Allegheny River in 2003, her prints were run with negative results. In 2016, with new technology, they were able to ID her with those fingerprints.

That also occurred here in New Orleans as well fingerprints were run in the 70's and 98 with no hit, then in 2016 they were run on the Automated Fingerprint Identification System it resulted in a hit.

'Uncle Louie's' arrest: Fingerprints connect street performer to 1974 Fla. murder, sheriff says

It does make one think if any of the Doe's fingerprints that are available have been re-run through the system.

There is also a string of murders from where Orange Socks was found to hwy 45. Girls left naked with their jewelry and all within about 5 years of Orange Socks.

I worked records in a small county jail. they had a giant closet full of old files of ppl that never came back OR came back after technology times. it got so if I got what looked like an old con and he had a new number, id jump straight to his rap sheet and see if I found any old arrests in our county w an old number (you enter it in CLETS) and then id walk up there and find 3 fat files and that hed been in the joint for years and that's why his name didn't come up.

Last edited:
BINGO!! I think it is her.

Pamela Lovitt, missing from Michigan

Attachments

• PL.png
    PL.png
    263 KB · Views: 42
  • Orange_Socks_by_Carl_Koppelman.jpg
    Orange_Socks_by_Carl_Koppelman.jpg
    56.8 KB · Views: 36
Unfortunately millions of old fingerprint cards have never been coded and entered. It's a massive undertaking.

It's a shame this couldn't be made a project for volunteers. It would take a long time but with enough volunteers progress could be made.

Look at the FreeBMD project which uses volunteers worldwide.

The FreeBMD Database was last updated on Sat 22 Sep 2018 and currently contains 269,659,365 distinct records (345,819,954 total records).

FreeBMD Home Page

It's a shame this couldn't be made a project for volunteers. It would take a long time but with enough volunteers progress could be made.

Look at the FreeBMD project which uses volunteers worldwide.

FreeBMD Home Page

I believe there are some agencies that have projects under way to get as many old records as possible on line. I don't know how many use voluteers. I'm not sure it would work for fingerprint cards because it's not just a matter of entering data, they have to be coded properly, which requires an expert.

Due to the fact that UID's may have fingerprints and missing persons may have them too, I am deciding to start the Websleuths Fingerprint Project. I will use fingerprint samples and compare them to missing persons to find matches. If you have fingerprint pictures, email them to me at tmmeyeroblox@gmail.com

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back