UID VICTIM: NY - Lattingtown, AsianFem 20-50, UP10952, golden pig pendant, Jan'13

LiLo6--------nice catch------possibly a groundsperson for the golf club----------this is a very well to do area------and you have to know your way around----read "The Gold Coast" by Nelson DeMille for context
am familiar with it a bit .......a relative was a nanny for one of those old families and visited the area a few times.

The lady could have been a house worker or worked at the golf club........sensing that she was an undocumented worker who lived in the shadows.

Cawfee kicking in-------------isnt one of the old estates now a mosque ?????? There are retreat houses I believe and also IBM has/had a place in Sands Point......thinking our UID may have worked at one of the places or been a guest or resident.

Hi guys, I've been looking through NamUs in relation to this case and I found one that seems kinda promising.

Her name is Rosemary Day and she has been missing from Duval County, FL since May 21, 2011. She is half-Filipino and half-white. The unidentified woman was 20 - 30 years old (according to news reports) and Rosemary Day was 27 when she disappeared.
What really interests me, though, is that she is reported to have been wearing a gold necklace at the time of her disappearance. It didn't specify whether it had a little pig pendant, but I think it's worth mentioning nonetheless.

Here's her NamUs profile:
https://www.findthemissing.org/en/cases/11428/14/

NAMUS now shows DNA submitted and complete for Rosemary. Does that mean she would have been automatically compared to, and excluded as, LJD? I just wanted to verify that because, in addition to Migmuu's excellent find of the detail about a gold necklace, Rosemary's age could make her birth year 1983- the year of the pig.

NAMUS now shows DNA submitted and complete for Rosemary. Does that mean she would have been automatically compared to, and excluded as, LJD? I just wanted to verify that because, in addition to Migmuu's excellent find of the detail about a gold necklace, Rosemary's age could make her birth year 1983- the year of the pig.

Exact quote from a Namus officer.

"All comparisons request has to go through the agency that's investigating the specific case."

Hi guys, I've been looking through NamUs in relation to this case and I found one that seems kinda promising.

Her name is Rosemary Day and she has been missing from Duval County, FL since May 21, 2011. She is half-Filipino and half-white. The unidentified woman was 20 - 30 years old (according to news reports) and Rosemary Day was 27 when she disappeared.
What really interests me, though, is that she is reported to have been wearing a gold necklace at the time of her disappearance.

Chinese cultural influences are some what common in the Phillipines, even amongst those Filipinos who are not of Chinese descent. Thus, it is possible that somebody of Filipino back ground would either buy, or be given as a gift a necklace of her zodiac animal.

There are gold pig necklaces like that for sale on Etsy. I wonder if the police have researched that site. It could of been purchased from Etsy and traced to its owner.

9aEBkXf.jpg

24k gold pig pendant and chain

Long Island North Shore
Lattingtown
Nassau County, NY

23 January 2013

"A woman walking her dog near Sheep Lane found the skeletal remains that police said are likely that of a female between the ages of 20 and 30.

The dog sniffed the sand and proceeded to dig up a bag containing human bones, women’s slacks and undergarments.

Police said the remains had obvious signs of trauma, CBS 2’s Jennifer McLogan reported." (CBS)

“We believe we are dealing with a female skeleton,” who is between 20 and 30 years old, Azzata said. “There was women’s clothing with the body, but again don’t attribute that to being a woman.”

Investigators are hoping that a distinct-looking gold necklace with a pig pendant will help them identify the remains.

The animal symbolizes luck in some cultures. The pig is one of the 12 zodiac animals in Chinese culture and signifies different years. Detectives have already started focusing on the years between 1970 and 1985, hoping the pendant may help identify a birth year.

“The best lead we have so far is the necklace,” said Azzata, noting that 24-karat necklaces are popular in Asian and Indian jewelry shops.
(LI Press)

No facial reconstruction?

Hoping there can be a recon made soon. What a cute pig pendant, though.

I found an interesting victim I think could be related to Lattingtown Jane Doe. By the way I thjink this topic should be in the LISK forum in order to receive the proper attention. Latt Jane was buried which none of the LISK victims were and so was Muttown Jane Doe found very close by. If you look at Muttontown Rd where this Jane Doe was found buried off of in the preserve, 7 miles straight up Oyster Bay Rd turns right into Sheep Lane where Lattingtown Jane was found. Similar MO, very close in location, both buried, both unidentified and could be a similar time frame. Are we dealing with another LI serial killer who buries victims around this area of the north shore, or early victims of the LISK before he started dismembering? Could be early 90's victims.

http://nypost.com/2001/11/14/horrified-hikers-discover-skull/
By Kieran Crowely

Contact The Author
Name(required)
Email(required)
Comment(required)

November 14, 2001 | 5:00am

Hikers at a Long Island nature preserve made a grisly discovery – a human skull protruding from the ground.
The horrified hikers alerted police, who later unearthed the skull and an entire skeleton Sunday at the Muttontown Preserve in Muttontown.
Nassau County homicide detectives moved the remains to the Nassau County medical examiner’s office in East Meadow for an autopsy in a bid to discover the age and gender of the remains.

http://billyjensen.com/wp-content/themes/billjensen/pdfs/crime_stories/gold_coast_mystery.pdf

I agree about Lattington Jane Doe's thread. I can't find this other Jane/John Doe in NamUs. Has he/she been entered into NamUs or Doe Network? Administrators at both have let me know that bringing cases missing from their databases to their attention is very helpful.

Item of interest from www.koreantimes.com
If you go to this page you will need to translate.

It was revealed during the investigation that the identity of the carcass found on the beach in Long Island on the 21st was very likely to be a Korean woman on January 24,

"We have found a pure gold necklace with a charcoal found in the shape of an ashtray found in Korean products," said Carl Lee, a member of Nassau County Police Department, who is in charge of the case. The Korean community needs to be informed in order to catch up. "

Lee made a necklace survey around a Korean jewelry factory in Queens Flushing, and obtained the testimony of the owners that the product was 100% sure that it was manufactured in Korea.
According to Nassau County Criminal Investigation Bureau, which conducted the autopsy, the dead body has been dead for five to ten years, and the body size is not large.

According to Lee, Lee, a Korean woman between the ages of 20 and 40 who suddenly disappeared between 1998 and 2010 is likely to be the owner of the body. The body was found in a woman on a 21-day stroll alongside a dog on a beach in Lattington. Since then, the police have reported that the body has been slaughtered, and have been concentrating on investigations to identify the victim. In particular, the authorities were once nervous that the victims were reported to be only 30 miles away from where 10 bodies of women were found,

However, Lee said, "There is no connection with serial killings because the deadline of the body is not right." &#9650; tip: 516-573-7788 <journalist must Underground>
a1

Item of interest from www.koreantimes.com
If you go to this page you will need to translate.

It was revealed during the investigation that the identity of the carcass found on the beach in Long Island on the 21st was very likely to be a Korean woman on January 24,

"We have found a pure gold necklace with a charcoal found in the shape of an ashtray found in Korean products," said Carl Lee, a member of Nassau County Police Department, who is in charge of the case. The Korean community needs to be informed in order to catch up. "

Lee made a necklace survey around a Korean jewelry factory in Queens Flushing, and obtained the testimony of the owners that the product was 100% sure that it was manufactured in Korea.
According to Nassau County Criminal Investigation Bureau, which conducted the autopsy, the dead body has been dead for five to ten years, and the body size is not large.

According to Lee, Lee, a Korean woman between the ages of 20 and 40 who suddenly disappeared between 1998 and 2010 is likely to be the owner of the body. The body was found in a woman on a 21-day stroll alongside a dog on a beach in Lattington. Since then, the police have reported that the body has been slaughtered, and have been concentrating on investigations to identify the victim. In particular, the authorities were once nervous that the victims were reported to be only 30 miles away from where 10 bodies of women were found,

However, Lee said, "There is no connection with serial killings because the deadline of the body is not right." &#9650; tip: 516-573-7788 <journalist must Underground>
a1

Very interesting! Never seen that about the charcoal ashtray! Why would an ashtray be buried with a body? To me, the timeline fits perfectly, although the MO doesn't, but a very interesting case

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
therealdrreid
Back