UK - Actor Kevin Spacey accused of making sexual advances, 12 charges against 4 boys *acquitted in 2023*

Unfortunately, Mr. Spacey did a half hearted apology/acknowledgemnt with a "I live as a gay man" addition. Then, we have others coming to the fore with lots of similar accounts--- different men, similar actions of forwardness, insistence, and clear intention to touch/fondle/have sex without consent. We also have allegations from those who were PAs at HOC, including a prior intervention from the production company.

Mr. Spacey's actions have been predatory. There is no amount of harassment training needed. His actions are beyond training. He had been spoken to previously at HOC.

I am not sure why it is important try to justify anything that gives him the benefit of the doubt.

Sexual harassment training does not need to be straight or gay, it is just training. You don't touch people. you don't say things to them. You don't use your power. My HR training didn't need to be specific to sexual orientation. When I train people, we use a range of scenarios that include all scenarios that can occur in the workplace--LGBTQAS and straight, as well as cultural norms versus workplace norms.

I had a guy friend a few years ago who was a shut-in and made a living via phone sex. KS called him frequently. I believe all of this.

Sent from my LG-H740 using Tapatalk

One thing that I see changing, my parents never did this, but some did, is making little ones give hugs to friends and family members. We do kinda nudge them into family photos...but no forced hugs. If they don't want a hug, or don't want to give a hug, that's their choice. It's on a level that a young child can grasp, that they don't have to accept unwanted physical attention (it's not about not loving your family, even married folks don't always want to be hugged on). However, in some of these situations, there was no, "no". I think that when it happens people are kinda shocked, and unsure how to react, if it happens within a family, you risk ripping your family to shreds. It's a very difficult topic.

My 2 and a half yr old granddaughter is given the choice of a goodbye hug or a high five, when company is leaving. Sometimes she just wants to pass out high 5's, and wants no hugs. Other times she gladly goes in for a sweet hug. I think it is a good decision on her parents part.

We really shouldn't force kids to give or accept hugs or kisses just because we want them to be 'polite.' Ito should be totally up to them, even at age 2.

My 2 and a half yr old granddaughter is given the choice of a goodbye hug or a high five, when company is leaving. Sometimes she just wants to pass out high 5's, and wants no hugs. Other times she gladly goes in for a sweet hug. I think it is a good decision on her parents part.

We really shouldn't force kids to give or accept hugs or kisses just because we want them to be 'polite.' Ito should be totally up to them, even at age 2.

These kinds of choice are actually a very positive message to children about the sanctity of their bodies.

Can we PLEASE get back on topic???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kevin Spacey created a “toxic” work environment on the set of House of Cards through a pattern of sexual harassment and assault, eight employees who work on or used to work on the show told CNN.

One former production assistant accused the Oscar winner of sexually assaulting him during one of the show’s earlier seasons, CNN reports. All eight current or former employees spoke out anonymously for fear of reprisal. ~http://people.com/movies/kevin-spac...uct-by-eight-house-of-cards-employees-report/

It kills me that these people are in fear for their careers. How could the production company not have moved in and created protections for them?

Can we PLEASE get back on topic???

I'll second that. Posts have been removed that strayed pretty far afield of the topic of this thread which is the allegations against actor, Kevin Spacey

Something from nine years ago where they were both three sheets to the wind, and with no evidence other than he said he said, is unlikely to be prosecuted.

I posted a link to psychology today about how memory and the feelings associated with an event both change over time. If that information is in psych today, there are probably numerous experts prepared to testify to how memory shifts over time.

If this is about bad behavior, is that justification for job loss? Isn't society's response to this to first provide education? What sort of education/training is available regarding gay sexual harassment in the workplace?

Where I used to work, if you dropped dirty on a urine test, they'd not fire you, they'd talk to you about help. They gave you at least ONE more chance. I think trying people in the court of public opinion, rather than trying to work with the person and offering them therapy of some sort, first, is not the right way to handle things.

We had a sexual orientation program that our organization put into place. It was a little weird, but, we all made it through it and went on about out business. We were all really bad to joke. All of us. We had a female boss who joined right in, too. That little orientation kinda put a halt to some of our jokes, and funnin' around. We all worked closely together and pretty much knew who, and who not, to joke around with, However, we learned through that little training, that if someone got mad, say, over another person getting a better promotion? They actually could take those jokes, and "they touched me on the shoulder", to HR and it could cause someone to be in deep $***. It made us kinda dial it back.

Education is very important, I think. And I am not making lite of the situation at all but I really think that some people are just far more aggressive, sexually, than others. I mentioned this before, and it seems to have had a great success rate. It's called Nomeansnoworldwide.org

It is dual gender based, and they "believe the key to ending the global rape epidemic is by empowering both girls and boys to create a culture of mutual respect." Maybe it could be successful here in teaching mutual respect, at an early age.

As for the blazin' up nine years ago, if I were on a jury, there'd have to be a lot more than that blip in the newspaper for me to cast a guilty vote.

Kevin Spacey created a “toxic” work environment on the set of House of Cards through a pattern of sexual harassment and assault, eight employees who work on or used to work on the show told CNN.

One former production assistant accused the Oscar winner of sexually assaulting him during one of the show’s earlier seasons, CNN reports. All eight current or former employees spoke out anonymously for fear of reprisal. ~http://people.com/movies/kevin-spac...uct-by-eight-house-of-cards-employees-report/

It kills me that these people are in fear for their careers. How could the production company not have moved in and created protections for them?

If the employer knew, and did nothing, they helped to create the toxic workplace.

I feel bad for the innocent people who were working on this show.

[video]http://money.cnn.com/2017/11/07/media/house-of-cards-production-baltimore/index.html[/video]

It’s interesting to me that Netflix fired Spacey right away for “sexual misconduct”, yet Danny Masterson has FOUR allegations of actual rape against women, and he continues on his Netflix show “The Ranch”..

It’s interesting to me that Netflix fired Spacey right away for “sexual misconduct”, yet Danny Masterson has FOUR allegations of actual rape against women, and he continues on his Netflix show “The Ranch”..

I know. I was surprised but I think the long reach of Scientology has kept Masterson's issue at bay. We'll see in the new climate.

Kevin Spacey to Be Replaced by Christopher Plummer in Ridley Scott Film
by Associated Press

In an unprecedented move, Kevin Spacey is being cut from Ridley Scott's finished film "All the Money in the World" and replaced by Christopher Plummer just over one month before it's supposed to hit theaters.

People close to the production who were not authorized to speak publicly said Wednesday that Plummer is commencing reshoots immediately in the role of J. Paul Getty. All of Spacey's scenes will be reshot, the people told The Associated Press. Co-stars Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams are expected to participate...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ced-christopher-plummer-finished-film-n819241

Kevin Spacey to Be Replaced by Christopher Plummer in Ridley Scott Film
by Associated Press

In an unprecedented move, Kevin Spacey is being cut from Ridley Scott's finished film "All the Money in the World" and replaced by Christopher Plummer just over one month before it's supposed to hit theaters.

People close to the production who were not authorized to speak publicly said Wednesday that Plummer is commencing reshoots immediately in the role of J. Paul Getty. All of Spacey's scenes will be reshot, the people told The Associated Press. Co-stars Mark Wahlberg and Michelle Williams are expected to participate...

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-new...ced-christopher-plummer-finished-film-n819241

Wow, that’s going to be expensive. I’m guessing it’s still cheaper than just scrapping it though.

Wow, that’s going to be expensive. I’m guessing it’s still cheaper than just scrapping it though.

The positive PR from this move might just make up for the loss.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EnvyofAngels
Back