Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

I just had a thought, the driver who spoke to Adrian, who police are trying to find, could he have been a dealer? Did he sell something to Adrian? I got thinking about this when I read people may know who it is, but he has still not come forward.

I just had a thought, the driver who spoke to Adrian, who police are trying to find, could he have been a dealer? Did he sell something to Adrian? I got thinking about this when I read people may know who it is, but he has still not come forward.

Sounds quite possible skibs, in fact I haven't been able to think of another reason he would become disorientated.
He was reasonably close to home when dropped off by the taxi, he knew his way around that area from what we know, very unusual behaviour.

I hope the police aren't really just hoping for the person in the car to come forward - if they have had names suggested find him and ask FGS.

If so, then its has echoes of the Gary Tweddle case. Quite eerie too, as he also went missing after attending a work function, and friends said he appeared to be 'lost' during their last phone call. It took a while to find his body, as he'd fallen down a cliff.

Later turned out he'd gone on the hunt for drugs (presumably for his friends and himself as had asked for 5 bags of cocaine) but had got lost in bushland and apparently fallen down a cliff, quite a long way out of the area he was headed to.

If so, then its has echoes of the Gary Tweddle case. Quite eerie too, as he also went missing after attending a work function, and friends said he appeared to be 'lost' during their last phone call. It took a while to find his body, as he'd fallen down a cliff.

Later turned out he'd gone on the hunt for drugs (presumably for his friends and himself as had asked for 5 bags of cocaine) but had got lost in bushland and apparently fallen down a cliff, quite a long way out of the area he was headed to.

I remember that case, wasn't it in Oz?

I am wondering if Adrian somehow made it into the sea.

I remember that case, wasn't it in Oz?

I am wondering if Adrian somehow made it into the sea.

Yes it was. Must admit, I've always wondered if the official verdict was the correct one. It seemed so odd that he'd walked so deep into the bushland, and got lost so quickly, when he hadn't even found the dealer. As he'd phoned his friends to say he was lost, surely he'd have stayed put and waited to be found? Maybe I'm just too suspicious, about everything.

Yes it was. Must admit, I've always wondered if the official verdict was the correct one. It seemed so odd that he'd walked so deep into the bushland, and got lost so quickly, when he hadn't even found the dealer. As he'd phoned his friends to say he was lost, surely he'd have stayed put and waited to be found? Maybe I'm just too suspicious, about everything.

Websleuths does to that to us all!

I read a comment on the Find Adrian page (re the driver who may have spoken to him) along the lines of "the same name has been given to police by different people, but they have still not questioned the person".

I find this REALLY strange... are the police watching and waiting, hoping for a clue? Wouldn't be the first time. Thing is, that person probably knows fine well his/her name has been put forward, I imagine it's known locally, someone must have asked them directly. Why would they NOT pop into the cop shop?

Calling all Jersey locals - some of you must have found your way here while googling Adrian. Please join us, some local knowledge would be marvellous!

sounds like another odd case there :gaah:

Yes I remember that one! He was a Brit who had moved to Australia. There are some eerie similarities! Wasn't he found by sheer luck? Spotted last minute by a helicopter crew?

Yes I remember that one! He was a Brit who had moved to Australia. There are some eerie similarities! Wasn't he found by sheer luck? Spotted last minute by a helicopter crew?

Yes I think he was spotted just as the helicopter was about to return to base.

According to the Text - So far the police search for a missing Jersey man for 10 days has taken about 7,000 hours and have taken over 50 witness statements and 10 agencies are involved with the search since Adrian Lynch went missing

If this not-so-mystery driver was dealing drugs, I could see why he wouldn't be racing to the station to visit with LE. I'd say there are several ways he could potentially end up in hot water whether he had anything to do with the disappearance or not. I wouldn't be excited about being singled out in a missing person investigation.

Would there be any legal consequences if someone were to kill an armed or unarmed intruder in the UK? Or specifically, this area of the UK? I have no idea how laws work over there.

If this not-so-mystery driver was dealing drugs, I could see why he wouldn't be racing to the station to visit with LE. I'd say there are several ways he could potentially end up in hot water whether he had anything to do with the disappearance or not. I wouldn't be excited about being singled out in a missing person investigation.

I get that the driver would wait to be spoken to rather than volunteering, but wonder why the police haven't publicly eliminated him or pushed to find him.

Would there be any legal consequences if someone were to kill an armed or unarmed intruder in the UK? Or specifically, this area of the UK? I have no idea how laws work over there.

I'd imagine the law there mirrors the UK by and large. As to consequences (I think I know what you're getting at here) I would guess, given he hasn't been found yet, that they would now be much more serious.

I have question: Earlier in the thread I think I read that Humberside police were involved in the case. Was this for a specific specialty like water searchers or dogs or something?

Edit: Fixed quotes!

I get that the driver would wait to be spoken to rather than volunteering, but wonder why the police haven't publicly eliminated him or pushed to find him.

I'd imagine the law there mirrors the UK by and large. As to consequences (I think I know what you're getting at here) I would guess, given he hasn't been found yet, that they would now be much more serious.

I have question: Earlier in the thread I think I read that Humberside police were involved in the case. Was this for a specific specialty like water searchers or dogs or something?

Edit: Fixed quotes!

i think correct me if I'm wrong the solar equipment used in the water searchers where from Humberside police

Interesting if true, Magneto. I wonder why they (Jersey police) had to request the equipment from a police force just about as far away from Jersey as you can get. I'm sure the same equipment would be available from Hampshire/Dorset police or the Met. Again probably nothing, just another odd thing for me!

Would there be any legal consequences if someone were to kill an armed or unarmed intruder in the UK?
Or specifically, this area of the UK? I have no idea how laws work over there.

As I'm very cynical in nature, and especially about justice in Jersey, I'd say it would very much depend on who was doing the shooting, as to whether there would be any legal consequences.

Interesting if true, Magneto. I wonder why they (Jersey police) had to request the equipment from a police force just about as far away from Jersey as you can get. I'm sure the same equipment would be available from Hampshire/Dorset police or the Met. Again probably nothing, just another odd thing for me!

yeah that's a good point unless the equipment was temporary unavailable - I am sure some of the locals in Jersey don't really want all these outsiders help and the sooner this case is solved the better for them so they can get back on with their life's that's the way they are there I remember someone last year telling me the Isle of Wight is a bit like that too

As I'm very cynical in nature, and especially about justice in Jersey, I'd say it would very much depend on who was doing the shooting, as to whether there would be any legal consequences.

you never know all it might of taken was for him to walk on a farmers land and the farmer will get his gun out and probably thinks this person is trespassing on his land and accidently fired shots

I think there is a strong possibility that in the last known sighting of him at around 2.20 am on CCTV he could have been trying to get to his mother's home. Apparently she asked for people to search from David Hicks ( a shop near where he was dropped off in the taxi) to town (St Helier). It's been mentioned on the Facebook page that the CCTV shows him first heading north then turning around within a few seconds and heading south. He is apparently on a path that leads to St Helier. There was also mention that there is a short cut to it through fields.
Of course it seems strange that he would have been so close to his home but decided to walk much further to his mum's. Could this be because he might not have wanted to wake the people he lived with in the middle of the night? Police were also asking the public to look out for his door key, if he had also lost that along with his phone and wallet, then maybe in his drunken/confused/dishevelled state (a taxi driver reported seeing him with scuff marks on his trouser knees as though he had fallen in mud/puddles) he did not want to have to bang on the door and wake them up.
This may
also make sense as to why he was trying to get to his friends house who lived nearby. As he was reported to have been outside a house shouting their name, why would he bother going to a friends house when it was so close to his. Clearly it was not the correct house, but it must surely have been very close to where he lives.

Apologies for my rather rambling previous post. I'm using my phone so hard to see exactly what I'm writing. I live in Guernsey (neighbouring island) so have been following this case closely.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pigg7457
Back