Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

15 confimed sightings!!!! I know some will be cctv but we know that several were eye witness sighting and not one person thought 'fluff me! That kid's in a state' and did anything about it!?
I feel livid and heartbroken all at once! :(

I'm not surprised. I know I don't have a very positive view of Jersey (based on my experience of living there over 20 years and seeing how my family were treated) but I didn't find them to be friendly people at all. Certainly not to 'outsiders', by which I mean anyone who wasn't Jersey-born and bred going back many generations. They didn't like people coming to live in Jersey from the UK, let alone other places like Portugual, and their laws are very strict with regard to buying and renting properties, so many Jersey people rented out very poor quality accommodation for very high prices. I knew of Portuguese farm workers living in little better than sheds. All off topic though, so I'll get back on track.

Yes Jersey has lots of pubs, and I mean lots. When I lived there, it used to be said that there were more pubs per population than anywhere else in the world, but I've no idea if it was ever checked. Just in the capital, St Helier, I think there are at least 60 pubs, and all the other parishes (12 in total) would have lots too. Plus the hotels have public bars too, and there are loads of night clubs. I couldn't even begin to count. However, I remember doing a pub crawl one night when I was younger, just in a few streets of the shopping area of St Helier, and I think we managed 16 pubs.

A little rundown of the most interesting points from that interview with DSI Stewart Gull who is leading the case:

Well I am loving States Of Jersey Police for this, if only all forces were as candid. Lots of info we didn't know before.

But would have been better to have been released earlier, to pin point public searches and ensure witnesses knew if they had seen anything. Until I read your post, I'd have been trying to recall someone in a suit, not a white shirt.

I'm not surprised. I know I don't have a very positive view of Jersey (based on my experience of living there over 20 years and seeing how my family were treated) but I didn't find them to be friendly people at all. Certainly not to 'outsiders', by which I mean anyone who wasn't Jersey-born and bred going back many generations. They didn't like people coming to live in Jersey from the UK, let alone other places like Portugual, and their laws are very strict with regard to buying and renting properties, so many Jersey people rented out very poor quality accommodation for very high prices. I knew of Portuguese farm workers living in little better than sheds. All off topic though, so I'll get back on track.

Yes Jersey has lots of pubs, and I mean lots. When I lived there, it used to be said that there were more pubs per population than anywhere else in the world, but I've no idea if it was ever checked. Just in the capital, St Helier, I think there are at least 60 pubs, and all the other parishes (12 in total) would have lots too. Plus the hotels have public bars too, and there are loads of night clubs. I couldn't even begin to count. However, I remember doing a pub crawl one night when I was younger, just in a few streets of the shopping area of St Helier, and I think we managed 16 pubs.
I grew up in a place called Shifnal, small Shropshire country town and it sounds exactly the same! You could live there all your life but if you weren't born there and have aunties uncles grandparents cousins and your cousins dog all living in the next street then you'll always be 'an outsider' and LOTS of pubs! The only difference it seems is that there was always someone who would be nosey enough to come and see what you were up to at silly o'clock or call your parents or the local Police man ...

15 confimed sightings!!!! I know some will be cctv but we know that several were eye witness sighting and not one person thought 'fluff me! That kid's in a state' and did anything about it!?
I feel livid and heartbroken all at once! :(
I totally agree with your sentiment Mrazda, trouble is drinking is a massive part of Channel Islands culture, at the weekend in particular it is perfectly normal to see drunk people wandering about in the early hours/pub chuck out time, going to parties etc.......people get complacent.

States of Jersey Police
4 hrs ·
We are appealing to a driver who may have spoken to Adrian Lynch immediately following his taxi drop off.
Another witness believes he potentially saw Adrian talking to a car driver, at first he thought this was the taxi that dropped Adrian off but having watched the media coverage believes his sighting was slightly later.
Police are appealing for this driver to come forward.
The sighting occurred around 12.20am on the junction of Six Roads. The witness was parked at David Hicks and looked back down to the junction to see a car driver talking to a young man, believed to be Adrian, who was leaning against the wall. The vehicle had the interior light on at the time.
As yet this driver hasn’t come forward.
Adrian was seen a number of times following this potential sighting however officers want to know what the conversation was and if this could give any more clues to Adrian’s whereabouts or intentions.
Any information should be reported to us on 612612.

https://www.facebook.com/StatesofJerseyPolice/

A little rundown of the most interesting points from that interview with DSI Stewart Gull who is leading the case:

Well I am loving States Of Jersey Police for this, if only all forces were as candid. Lots of info we didn't know before.

Very good snippets of info here and so many people who saw Adrian in that short time.... what a pity no one thought to check if he was alright, but then again, perhaps they were just brief sightings of a young man walking down the road, and nothing seemed amiss.

But would have been better to have been released earlier, to pin point public searches and ensure witnesses knew if they had seen anything. Until I read your post, I'd have been trying to recall someone in a suit, not a white shirt.

Indeed, knowing this info earlier would have been far more helpful.

I grew up in a place called Shifnal, small Shropshire country town and it sounds exactly the same! You could live there all your life but if you weren't born there and have aunties uncles grandparents cousins and your cousins dog all living in the next street then you'll always be 'an outsider' and LOTS of pubs! The only difference it seems is that there was always someone who would be nosey enough to come and see what you were up to at silly o'clock or call your parents or the local Police man ...

Same for me living in a small mountain village in Wales. We had three pubs in the village alone and we only had a population of 400 people! And the jungle telegraph had nothing on the locals there. If you had a visitor (stranger), however briefly, if you went into the village shop for anything or walked down the street .. half a dozen people would say 'oh I see you had a visitor earlier'. You couldn't do a thing without someone knowing about it and it would be all round the village in no time and nearby villages too.

I remember going to the weekly quiz night in one of the village pubs and reluctantly getting talked in to signing up for their newly formed ladies darts team. This was literally on the way out just as the pub was closing around 11pm.

I worked in a town 15 miles away and on my drive to work the following morning - around 7.30am I stopped at the shop in the next village to get a paper, and the first thing they said when I walked through the door was 'We hear you've signed up the darts team!' But on the upside everyone looked out for everyone else.

Now I've moved to a different part of the UK and it's completely different. Everyone minds their own business and on the rare occasion I might see one of my neighbours going in or out, it's just a nod and hello and that's it.

States of Jersey Police
4 hrs ·
We are appealing to a driver who may have spoken to Adrian Lynch immediately following his taxi drop off.
Another witness believes he potentially saw Adrian talking to a car driver, at first he thought this was the taxi that dropped Adrian off but having watched the media coverage believes his sighting was slightly later.
Police are appealing for this driver to come forward.
The sighting occurred around 12.20am on the junction of Six Roads. The witness was parked at David Hicks and looked back down to the junction to see a car driver talking to a young man, believed to be Adrian, who was leaning against the wall. The vehicle had the interior light on at the time.
As yet this driver hasn’t come forward.
Adrian was seen a number of times following this potential sighting however officers want to know what the conversation was and if this could give any more clues to Adrian’s whereabouts or intentions.
Any information should be reported to us on 612612.

Erm why did this person man or woman in the car not come forward stating they suppose was seen with Adrian around that time? If your Staying or living in Jersey then their is no way your not gonna hear about this case or not be aware of Adrian's disappearance especially if you were seen talking to young a man that might fit his discription when there is this witnesses sighting stating it was Adrian

There's probably not many half Thai young lads wandering around Jersey though?

A lot of Jersey men spend time in Thailand and it isn't all that unusual for some to bring a wife back with them. I knew a few who did that. When I lived there, there was a small Thai community and some Thai restaurants, so it wouldn't have been completely unusual.

I suppose to the older generation in Jersey this is all they need an outsider going missing on "their Island" :gaah:

Erm why did this person man or woman in the car not come forward stating they suppose was seen with Adrian around that time? If your Staying or living in Jersey then their is no way your not gonna hear about this case or not be aware of Adrian's disappearance especially if you were seen talking to young a man that might fit his discription when there is this witnesses sighting stating it was Adrian

Well seems this driver still hasn't come forward, surely they must know about the search for witnesses. Latest update from SOJP here =

States of Jersey Police
1 hr ·
The driver who we believe spoke to Adrian at 12.20am on December 5th has still not come forward, although a number of people have suggested who it could be.
If it was you please get in touch.
The land and water searches continue today, as well as other inquiries.

I suppose to the older generation in Jersey this is all they need an outsider going missing on "their Island" :gaah:

Absolutely.

The establishment won't be happy. Anything that makes their 'paradise island' look bad, will not go down well.

Well seems this driver still hasn't come forward, surely they must know about the search for witnesses. Latest update from SOJP here =

States of Jersey Police
1 hr ·
The driver who we believe spoke to Adrian at 12.20am on December 5th has still not come forward, although a number of people have suggested who it could be.
If it was you please get in touch.
The land and water searches continue today, as well as other inquiries.

Interesting - why has this person not come forward? Especially if others have given the police a possible name. Odd.

Interesting - why has this person not come forward? Especially if others have given the police a possible name. Odd.

It does sound a bit odd, doesnt it. Unless, it just happens that the driver is away from Jersey at the moment and does not realise the police would like to speak with him. Even so, would he not have heard the news from a friend or relative on Jersey and make a call to the police.
After all, Adrian was spotted again, after his conversation with this driver, so it is not as though the driver was the last person to see Adrian...

It does sound a bit odd, doesnt it. Unless, it just happens that the driver is away from Jersey at the moment and does not realise the police would like to speak with him. Even so, would he not have heard the news from a friend or relative on Jersey and make a call to the police.
After all, Adrian was spotted again, after his conversation with this driver, so it is not as though the driver was the last person to see Adrian...

I know, I can't believe there is anyone on that island who doesn't know all about this case. If others have given a name why have the police failed to speak to that driver? I am guessing the witness who saw the car knows what type/colour it is and the locals have suggested who it could be. Surely the police wouldn't just wait for the person to make contact?

My thought is that the police are trying to scare the driver into coming forward. They're saying "we know who you are". How would people have an idea of who he is?

The driver is probably hoping that they have no chance of finding out who he is. It could be for a lot of reasons really.

Strange case. Initially I thought it was suspicious. Then I decided that the most likely scenario is that he hid somewhere and died. Now I'm back to wondering if there has been foul play.

Also, the hypothermia theory is confusing me.

As a student in Preston - a very cold place! - we would go out clubbing (which involved drinking alcohol), then walk about a mile and a half home in vest tops. This was a normal practice and, although we got a little shivery, we didn't come close to feeling poorly.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back