Found Deceased UK - Adrian Lynch, 20, St Lawrence, Jersey, 5 Dec 2015

I know some people do believe in that type of thing and if you do I don't wish to offend you

But ... the CF comment is because the poster has been told by a medium type chap that they "sense" another missing person and silver car ... so to my unbelieving mind = fluff. :)

I know some people do believe in that type of thing and if you do I don't wish to offend you

But ... the CF comment is because the poster has been told by a medium type chap that they "sense" another missing person and silver car ... so to my unbelieving mind = fluff. :)

Oh I'd not seen that bit. Fluff indeed.

I think the State of Jersey Police may not be as social media savvy as other forces. Most forces do not allow posts by visitors on their page.

Lots of people seem to be going with the hit by a car theory. There is plenty of evidence he was suffering from hypothermia, it would be a very unfortunate chain of events to have hypothermia AND be hit by a car AND the driver would not call 999. I think people may want to believe someone else was involved as it absolves the victim from the consequences of his actions.

I've seen too many cases of young men going missing after a night out and succumbing to hypothermia to assume something sinister happened to this young man.

I think the State of Jersey Police may not be as social media savvy as other forces. Most forces do not allow posts by visitors on their page.

Lots of people seem to be going with the hit by a car theory. There is plenty of evidence he was suffering from hypothermia, it would be a very unfortunate chain of events to have hypothermia AND be hit by a car AND the driver would not call 999. I think people may want to believe someone else was involved as it absolves the victim from the consequences of his actions.

I've seen too many cases of young men going missing after a night out and succumbing to hypothermia to assume something sinister happened to this young man.

Just out of interest, Ironside, what evidence is there of him having hypothermia? Genuine question as I haven't seen anything other than speculation and I don't know much about it.

I did find this though - the temperature last week in Jersey - 10 degrees C (50*F) in the middle of the night. That's pretty warm (at night) for where I live! It seems he was walking about for a couple of hours at least, would hypothermia kick in at 10*C?

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/uk/saint-helier/historic

Just marking my spot.
I am really surprised they haven't found him yet. Seems like the whole community is involved.

Just out of interest, Ironside, what evidence is there of him having hypothermia? Genuine question as I haven't seen anything other than speculation and I don't know much about it.

I did find this though - the temperature last week in Jersey - 10 degrees C (50*F) in the middle of the night. That's pretty warm (at night) for where I live! It seems he was walking about for a couple of hours at least, would hypothermia kick in at 10*C?

http://www.timeanddate.com/weather/uk/saint-helier/historic

Wandering around erratically and removing clothes are classic signs of hypothermia.

Not sure if this has been posted before, it is an interview with the detective in charge of the search who believes it was hypothermia.
http://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy/news/update-q-detective-heading-search-missing-adrian/

This says you can get hypothermia from 10c. Combine the outdoor temperature with drinking alcohol which lowers body temperature.
http://paulkirtley.co.uk/2010/hypothermia/

I'd agree with that. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't want the Jersey police force investigating my disappearance as I imagine most of them won't have had much, if any, experience of major crime and things like that, so you'd wonder if they knew what they were doing.

I remember when I lived there, being told that the fire fighters based at the airport were only ever based there (as opposed to the fire fighters based at the main fire station who got called out to every other incident bar one at the airport) so they could go an entire career without ever actually facing a fire if there hadn't been any accidents. So, I would wonder just how effective they would be .... same as the police who probably haven't had to ever coordinate and investigate a case like this.

For me, I'd still go for an accident/hypothermia over foul play. Especially if he had fallen into some water and had got wet, but carried on walking around. But I do still find it surprising that he hasn't been found yet.

I'd agree with that. Just my opinion, but I wouldn't want the Jersey police force investigating my disappearance as I imagine most of them won't have had much, if any, experience of major crime and things like that, so you'd wonder if they knew what they were doing.

<snipped>

Where's Jim Bergerac when we need him? :detective:

Wandering around erratically and removing clothes are classic signs of hypothermia.

Not sure if this has been posted before, it is an interview with the detective in charge of the search who believes it was hypothermia.
http://www.bailiwickexpress.com/jsy/news/update-q-detective-heading-search-missing-adrian/

This says you can get hypothermia from 10c. Combine the outdoor temperature with drinking alcohol which lowers body temperature.

as far we know the only item of clothing so far they have found was his belt, they have found no more items of clothing he was wearing that night - I really do think if he succumbed to hypothermia (what do I know? I would not rule it out )he would probably more likely suffered an accidently river death of a longer time in water or an accident where he has been outdoors longer but just because you get hypothermia it really should not be difficult for rescuers to find you unless you had an accident somewhere where it might be a really difficult for searchers to get to or search in that area and according to a few locals on here it should be not be difficult for you to be out of sight for over a week unless you accidently fallen into the sea

That link from the bailiwick express was very informative, cheers Ironside.

That link from the bailiwick express was very informative, cheers Ironside.

A little rundown of the most interesting points from that interview with DSI Stewart Gull who is leading the case:

We have continued to secure suspected sightings or contacts with him between about 12 midnight when he was dropped off, and 2 am. We had initially 16 sightings, but we have discounted one, which we know cannot have been him. They are all in a fairly tight knit area in the north of St Lawrence and Carrefour Selous and north of there.

One or two witnesses described him as being just in a white shirt which would suggest that he has removed his jacket.

I think that he virtually walked into a house and was confronted by a member of the public, and was challenged, and he then realised that he was in the wrong place and quickly walked out of the house.

Somebody else heard what we believe is him scratching on their door and another witness has decribed him shouting &#8216;Ella, Ella&#8217;, and we know that he knows someone of that name.

We are having a good look at his phone and mobile data and talking to family and friends to see if there is anything there that is not known to us that may give an indication as to where he is

He indicated to one witness that he was going to go back to the Merton [Hotel]

Special sonar equipment arrives late this afternoon to be deployed on Saturday, Sunday and Monday to look at deeper and open water. There is some fairly deep water &#8211; ponds and reservoirs &#8211; so that is something that the Jersey Fire and Rescue Service cannot penetrate.

Well I am loving States Of Jersey Police for this, if only all forces were as candid. Lots of info we didn't know before.

15 confimed sightings!!!! I know some will be cctv but we know that several were eye witness sighting and not one person thought 'fluff me! That kid's in a state' and did anything about it!?
I feel livid and heartbroken all at once! :(

15 confined sightings!!!! I know some will be cctv but we know that several were eye witness sighting and not one person thought 'fluff me! That kid's in a state' and did anything about it!?
I feel livid and heartbroken all at once! :(

I just feel amazed there were so many people still up at that time! I've never been to Jersey, but I did grow up in a similar sized village and there's no way you'd encounter that many people between 12 and 2. Mind you, someone local (Rach?) did say there are a load of pubs in Jersey, maybe it was turfing out time and there were wobbly people all over the place. Can anyone clarify how many pubs there are in Selous because now I can't find any?

And have we ever found out how long Adrian lived in Selous?

I wounder Who is Ella? The house he walked into then realised he was in the wrong house? and now it's time to check the rivers and seas lots of good information here by the Jersey police force - The Plot thickens :thinking:

I wounder Who is Ella? The house he walked into then realised he was in the wrong house? and now it's time to check the rivers and seas lots of good information here by the Jersey police force - The Plot thickens :thinking:

There was a rumour on FB that he was looking for a girl who worked at the stables, I'm wondering if it's the same person. He is friends with an Ella on FB (there is a pic of them on a group night out, all in fancy dress, 4th Nov).

Who did Adrian work for? We're not getting much background on him really though he has over 600 FB friends so I'm guessing he's a poluar and well known lad. I believe his family lives on La Rue De Bel Air (a little further north from where he was going round in circles).

There was a rumour on FB that he was looking for a girl who worked at the stables, I'm wondering if it's the same person. He is friends with an Ella on FB (there is a pic of them on a group night out, all in fancy dress, 4th Nov).

Who did Adrian work for? We're not getting much background on him really though he has over 600 FB friends so I'm guessing he's a poluar and well known lad. I believe his family lives on La Rue De Bel Air (a little further north from where he was going round in circles).

The Night he was last seen he was coming home from a works Christmas party so he must have been working somewhere locally or in the town - this girl Ella as we can only assume must not have been working their too as she would also have been at the Christmas party, the girl might have asked him to meet her a the stables but she did not turn up I can only assume he went to look for her and we know at some point he lost his phone so he would have lost contact with her all those witnesses and no one mentioned him with a girl?

it would be interesting to know if a medium or psychic could have some input into where this lad might be

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Buffalosleuther
Back