UK - Alesha MacPhail, 6, raped & murdered, Ardbeg, Isle of Bute, Scotland, 2 Jul 2018 -*arrest* #3

Status
Not open for further replies.
10:34

Witness heard Toni McLachlan "getting beaten up"

Witness Avril Lax, who lived near the house where Alesha was staying, is now giving evidence.

She tells the court she could hear Ms McLachlan “getting beaten up” at the property over a period of a few months.

She describes Ms McLachlan’s screams and cries for “help”.

Boy accused of murdering Alesha MacPhail, 6, denies rape

What bearing does this have on the murder of Alesha? I could understand if the special defence was implicating the father but it's the girlfriend? Is it just to nake TM look a liar and cast doubt on her character as she said he never hit her?

Fraser Knight‏ @Fraser_Knight

Mrs Lax tells the court Alesha’s grandparents had confronted her about her allegations of domestic abuse between Robert MacPhail and Toni McLachlan. She says: “They didn’t want to blacken Robert’s name. There was a court case coming up for custody of Alesha.”

James Matthews‏Verified account @jamesmatthewsky

Witness tells court she once heard Toni McLachlan shouting ‘please somebody help me, please somebody get the police’. Says she heard Toni getting assaulted/abused 10 times
I trust she phoned the police then?

James Matthews‏Verified account @jamesmatthewsky

Avril Lax lives near home of Alesha’s grandparents & Dad Robert. Tells court that in summer 2017 she could hear Robert’s girlfriend Toni McLachlan getting beaten up. Heard Toni screaming, sound of slapping, skin hitting skin

This is horrible if true and domestic abuse is no small issue but even if this was the case, they’re still together from what I’ve heard and I can’t see how it’s relevant to the trial. It doesn’t explain how the accused’s DNA ended up on Alesha and it doesn’t help push the narrative that anybody but him murdered her. It just feels like a bit of gossip being thrown at their direction and further victimises two of the case’s victims.

So this was in 2017....they clearly weren’t successful in gaining custody then. You wonder why they were trying to take Alesha from her Mother, I wonder if we’ll ever know or maybe it was custody to see her like on a weekend basis, they did say she went every 2nd weekend....

This is horrible if true and domestic abuse is no small issue but even if this was the case, they’re still together from what I’ve heard and I can’t see how it’s relevant to the trial. It doesn’t explain how the accused’s DNA ended up on Alesha and it doesn’t help push the narrative that anybody but him murdered her. It just feels like a bit of gossip being thrown at their direction and further victimises two of the case’s victims.

Yeah it changes nothing for me r.e. His guilt.

Radio Clyde News‏Verified account @RadioClydeNews

Avril Lax has been called as a witness. She stays near the MacPhail's on Bute. The 67 year old says she heard Robert MacPhail beating up his girlfriend Toni McLauchlan numerous times over a 3 month period in 2017. She says once she heard her scream "somebody help me".
What a shame for TM. Not only the alleged victim of domestic abuse but also being accused of murder. This girl is only 18. My heart hurts for her.

Calls into question the credibility of the witness - TM - if she lied about no abuse, what else did she lie about

No, Avril Lax is first witness

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members